Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion (5661 Views)

CCT Vs SARAKI: Numbers Of Senators Reduced S.R / Attacks By Boko Haram Have Reduced In Nigeria, Says Buhari - ThisDay / Nigerians Abroad Face Hard Times. Remittance Reduced From $12b To About $5b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by IB5(f): 11:07am On Dec 22, 2012
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/12/21/ogun-state-sheds-inherited-debt-burden/

The Commissioner for Finance in the western Nigerian state of Ogun, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, said on Friday that the debt profile of the state has been reduced from N87 billion to N63 billion.

Adeosun made this known in Abeokuta while defending the ministry’s 2013 budget at the state House of Assembly.
She said further that the present administration actually inherited N51.4 billion and not N49 billion debts.

The commissioner said that the Daniel administration incurred additional liabilities which the present government had also inherited, adding that these liabilities increased the debt profile of the state.
On the N300 million ecological funds given to the state, she said the money was inherited from the last administration and it was still intact in the coffers of the ministry.

“It will be released to the ministry of environment in due course,” she said, adding that the ministry planned to generate N10 million as revenue in 2013.
She added that N5.1 billion had been earmarked as total expenditure while N1.6 billion was set aside for capital projects.

Defending the budget of the Board of Internal Revenue, its Chairman, Mr Babajide Odubanjo, said N2.5 billion had been set aside for total expenditure.
“The board plans to generate N3.1 billion in 2013 while recurrent expenditure is going to be N1.6 billion,” she said.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by PeterKbaba: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2012
First time to comment.. .... WwwwwwwoooOOooooowwWWWWW
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Shenez: 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2012
Ok, we don hear
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2012
OGD is a smooth criminal. I cant forget how he cajoled everyone with his 'Gate Way Half Hour' on TV and I went on a mission to see Ogun State and I saw a dilapidated state that nothing has been done for 8 years. Apart from the IGR and Monthly Allocation, he also collected astronomical credit facilities from many institution and keep that state in utter poverty. I wish the Judiciary is working, we need to annex the Judiciary to the UK totally(sarcasm)

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by aljharem(m): 5:39pm On Dec 22, 2012
lol acn grin grin grin
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by bory09(m): 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2012
I don't know for now, ogun state is just a state comprising of ghetto, network of bad road and uncivilised resident, with the fact that ogun is the state that host series of universities, companies and the place of birth of high profile nigerians. The debt that was incured on the state where was it spend, is it on party like ojude oba day because i heard that they love party die there. I pity ogun state most especially ijebu they should continue to invest the state money on party stuff and useless oversea travellings and see their state getting rotten day by day.
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by dayokanu(m): 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2012
In less than 2 yrs of ACN we don dey see changes
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Kaxmytex(m): 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2012
87B-63B
Abeg debt na debt jawe....
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by PaulJohn1: 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2012
alj harem: lol acn grin grin grin

Alj, just ACN? grin
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Hailedin9ja: 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2012
Good move.
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by aljharem(m): 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2012
Paul John:

Alj, just ACN? grin

abi na, wetin we go yarn. lol
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by sportfeva(m): 7:02pm On Dec 22, 2012
Kaxmytex: 87B-63B
Abeg debt na debt jawe....
Can't you spot the difference in how many years of Amosun administration. Well Gateway, they should keep it up.
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by bestower: 7:26pm On Dec 22, 2012
Amosun should be given time i believe he can transform ogun state to little mega city its deserved,with the meagre income from federal govt allocations,IRS,and tax money he can perform wonder in the state.Take a good trip look at abeokuta and its environ within a year plus,not like his predecessor who is nothing but a big BAST-HARD for 8yrs.kudos to Amosun.carry gooo.
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by abrat: 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2012
With the loan the guy is obtaining here & there for road construction!

I don't know how you reduce the debt to #63Bn when you actually met #51Bn debt on ground.

Does it mean that #51Bn suddenly turned to #87Bn.

I know Amosun & OGD were close friends in fact he brought/introduced OGD to the pple of Ogun central senatorial district.

Ìjà lódé tórin fi dòwe.
I don't trust him!!!
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by RickyRoss1(m): 4:09am On Dec 23, 2012
Billyonaire: OGD is a smooth criminal. I cant forget how he cajoled everyone with his 'Gate Way Half Hour' on TV and I went on a mission to see Ogun State and I saw a dilapidated state that nothing has been done for 8 years. Apart from the IGR and Monthly Allocation, he also collected astronomical credit facilities from many institution and keep that state in utter poverty. I wish the Judiciary is working, we need to annex the Judiciary to the UK totally(sarcasm)

So true. I was disappointed when i visited Abeokuta for the first time early last year. All the roads in the state capital are in total shambles and people dont talk about the bad leadership in this state at all, all they talk about is Delta State and Abia State governors. Why is that To me, whoever is governing this state is not better than Abia state governor not to talk of Uduaghan.

I even wonder what the previous governors of Ogun state has been doing? Its very very hard to find any nice building in the state capital. To get better food na war, all you get is Iya this food canteen etc and most of these restaurants there are dirty, you go dey drag food with flies, God forbid...

There was a demolition work going on in one of the streets and i was shocked to discover most of the buildings in Ogun state capital are made of RED MUD? Even 2 story buildings were built with RED MUD? I swear in my village there are no more red mud houses. The worst part of is it that the people of Ogun state are mostly worried about Olusegun Obasanjo, they hardly talk about their state governor that should be responsible for the welfare of the state.

The person i visited was a senior army officer friend, the moment we got to Abeokuta he said my brother welcome to my poor state you can see Obasanjo is from here but he has not done anything for us. I was like, it is the responsibility of your state governor to develop your state and not Obasanjos responsibility....
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Nobody: 4:22am On Dec 23, 2012
Can anything good come from Ogun State?
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Nobody: 4:27am On Dec 23, 2012
abrat: With the loan the guy is obtaining here & there for road construction!

I don't know how you reduce the debt to #63Bn when you actually met #51Bn debt on ground.

Does it mean that #51Bn suddenly turned to #87Bn.

I know Amosun & OGD were close friends in fact he brought/introduced OGD to the pple of Ogun central senatorial district.

Ìjà lódé tórin fi dòwe.
I don't trust him!!!

Hehehehehehe
At least you folks are following up on the scam
I am eagerly awaiting the fart that will be left behind after the loud mouthed one in Imo state leaves office
They are all thieves
What they specialize in is using the media in an attempt to deceive the masses but we have refused to be deceived

1 Like

Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:35am On Dec 23, 2012
Ok
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

So true. I was disappointed when i visited Abeokuta for the first time early last year. All the roads in the state capital are in total shambles and people dont talk about the bad leadership in this state at all, all they talk about is Delta State and Abia State governors. Why is that To me, whoever is governing this state is not better than Abia state governor not to talk of Uduaghan.

I even wonder what the previous governors of Ogun state has been doing? Its very very hard to find any nice building in the state capital. To get better food na war, all you get is Iya this food canteen etc and most of these restaurants there are dirty, you go dey drag food with flies, God forbid...

There was a demolition work going on in one of the streets and i was shocked to discover most of the buildings in Ogun state capital are made of RED MUD? Even 2 story buildings were built with RED MUD? I swear in my village there are no more red mud houses. The worst part of is it that the people of Ogun state are mostly worried about Olusegun Obasanjo, they hardly talk about their state governor that should be responsible for the welfare of the state.

The person i visited was a senior army officer friend, the moment we got to Abeokuta he said my brother welcome to my poor state you can see Obasanjo is from here but he has not done anything for us. I was like, it is the responsibility of your state governor to develop your state and not Obasanjos responsibility....

HAHAHAHAHA! LATER THEY WILL SAY HAUSA PEOPLE R LIVING IN MUD HOUSES. NOW WE KNOW WHO LIVES IN HUTS cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2012
bory09: I don't know for now, ogun state is just a state comprising of ghetto, network of bad road and uncivilised resident, with the fact that ogun is the state that host series of universities, companies and the place of birth of high profile nigerians. The debt that was incured on the state where was it spend, is it on party like ojude oba day because i heard that they love party die there. I pity ogun state most especially ijebu they should continue to invest the state money on party stuff and useless oversea travellings and see their state getting rotten day by day.

UNA NO GO KILL PERSON WITH LAUGH. DEM USE GBESE MONEY DO OWAMBE
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by anonimi: 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2012
I-B.:
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/12/21/ogun-state-sheds-inherited-debt-burden/

The Commissioner for Finance in the western Nigerian state of Ogun, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, said on Friday that the debt profile of the state has been reduced from N87 billion to N63 billion.

Adeosun made this known in Abeokuta while defending the ministry’s 2013 budget at the state House of Assembly.
She said further that the [size=14pt]present administration actually inherited N51.4 billion[/size] and not N49 billion debts. shocked

The commissioner said that the Daniel administration incurred additional liabilities which the present government had also inherited, adding that these liabilities increased the debt profile of the state.
On the N300 million ecological funds given to the state, she said the money was inherited from the last administration and it was still intact in the coffers of the ministry.

Is it just me or someone else also sees that the Honourable(?) Commissioner's figures don't add up.
[size=14pt]Inherited 51b, which suddenly becomes 87b and is now reduced to 63b and somebody should shout Hallelujah!!![/size]

Not forgetting that she admits that the past administration they are trying to demonise left 300m ecological fund intact
While OGD was a thief, it's obvious the ex-PDP and ex-ANPP man, Amosun is also a thief.

[size=14pt]What is the difference between six and half a dozen?[/size]
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by superbloke(m): 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2012
anonimi:

Is it just me or someone else also sees that the Honourable(?) Commissioner's figures don't add up.
[size=14pt]Inherited 51b, which suddenly becomes 87b and is now reduced to 63b and somebody should shout Hallelujah!!![/size]

Not forgetting that she admits that the past administration they are trying to demonise left 300m ecological fund intact
While OGD was a thief, it's obvious the ex-PDP and ex-ANPP man, Amosun is also a thief.

[size=14pt]What is the difference between six and half a dozen?[/size]
I think it's just you. You failed to quote the part where she said that liabilities inherited had added to the debt over time.
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Johnnyhoo(m): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2012
Baby mama: Can anything good come from Ogun State?
u're madt. let's hear ur home state

1 Like

Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 23, 2012
This borrow borrow culture seems like is in the blood of ACN well well
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by tomzman: 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
ok o! a ti gbo.
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by BabaEto1: 7:38pm On Dec 23, 2012

Pls be logical in your comment. Don't rush to make statement that is base less. There are lots of good things and people from Ogun State. its better you restrict your comment to the topic and stop making careless and tactless comment here. Merry xmas
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by YoursGEJ(m): 7:43pm On Dec 23, 2012
AGAIN?
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by juman(m): 8:25pm On Dec 23, 2012
I don't believe this news.
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Standing5(m): 9:21pm On Dec 23, 2012
I don't want to believe the N51b debt didn't have any form of interest accruing to it. If we consider the time of Amosun admin took charge of Ogun till now, then the 51b to 87b figure is a possibility, depending on the interest rate of the some of the loans comprising the debt figure.
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by mascot87(m): 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ignored completely.
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Saintsquare(m): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Please which part of Abeokuta did you visit?.I strongly disagree with you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Six Points Agenda: State Of Origin To Be Abolished / 5 Nigerian Pastors, Their Luxury Lifestyles And Private Jets. Details And Photos / Is This The Picture Yoruba Muslims Hate The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.