Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion (5660 Views)

CCT Vs SARAKI: Numbers Of Senators Reduced S.R / Attacks By Boko Haram Have Reduced In Nigeria, Says Buhari - ThisDay / Nigerians Abroad Face Hard Times. Remittance Reduced From $12b To About $5b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

So true. I was disappointed when i visited Abeokuta for the first time early last year. All the roads in the state capital are in total shambles and people dont talk about the bad leadership in this state at all, all they talk about is Delta State and Abia State governors. Why is that To me, whoever is governing this state is not better than Abia state governor not to talk of Uduaghan.

I even wonder what the previous governors of Ogun state has been doing? Its very very hard to find any nice building in the state capital. To get better food na war, all you get is Iya this food canteen etc and most of these restaurants there are dirty, you go dey drag food with flies, God forbid...

There was a demolition work going on in one of the streets and i was shocked to discover most of the buildings in Ogun state capital are made of RED MUD? Even 2 story buildings were built with RED MUD?
I swear in my village there are no more red mud houses. The worst part of is it that the people of Ogun state are mostly worried about Olusegun Obasanjo, they hardly talk about their state governor that should be responsible for the welfare of the state.

The person i visited was a senior army officer friend, the moment we got to Abeokuta he said my brother welcome to my poor state you can see Obasanjo is from here but he has not done anything for us. I was like, it is the responsibility of your state governor to develop your state and not Obasanjos responsibility....

And when they come on nairaland and a topic comes up about lagos those from Ogun will be telling others to go to their villages and develop it grin grin grin
Na today?
Besides some areas of Lagos,no other place in the SW is worth talking about,I have said that before
Forget all the gra gra about the SW being a haven.
Ekwulobia as shown in Okija juju's travel journal better pass Abeokuta from what you are describing here
Tufia
Mud houses in Abeokuta shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by geeez: 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

So true. I was disappointed when i visited Abeokuta for the first time early last year. All the roads in the state capital are in total shambles and people dont talk about the bad leadership in this state at all, all they talk about is Delta State and Abia State governors. Why is that To me, whoever is governing this state is not better than Abia state governor not to talk of Uduaghan.

I even wonder what the previous governors of Ogun state has been doing? Its very very hard to find any nice building in the state capital. To get better food na war, all you get is Iya this food canteen etc and most of these restaurants there are dirty, you go dey drag food with flies, God forbid...

There was a demolition work going on in one of the streets and i was shocked to discover most of the buildings in Ogun state capital are made of RED MUD? Even 2 story buildings were built with RED MUD? I swear in my village there are no more red mud houses. The worst part of is it that the people of Ogun state are mostly worried about Olusegun Obasanjo, they hardly talk about their state governor that should be responsible for the welfare of the state.

The person i visited was a senior army officer friend, the moment we got to Abeokuta he said my brother welcome to my poor state you can see Obasanjo is from here but he has not done anything for us. I was like, it is the responsibility of your state governor to develop your state and not Obasanjos responsibility....

How come you don't have pictures lair being a renowned Yoruba hater because your post is essentially a categorical statement? Say whatever you like here, the truth is that Yorubaland is developing faster than you can keep pace with and a million negative comments on NL won't put a square inch of potholes on the roads that have been built among other projects

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Saintsquare(m): 10:26pm On Dec 23, 2012
geeez:

How come you don't have pictures lair being a renowned Yoruba hater because your post is essentially a categorical statement? Say whatever you like here, the truth is that Yorubaland is developing faster than you can keep pace with and a million negative comments on NL won't put a square inch of potholes on the roads that have been built among other projects
Please ask him o,

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by TableLeg(m): 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2012
PeterKbaba: First time to comment.. .... WwwwwwwoooOOooooowwWWWWW
Lunatic!
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by funkybaby(f): 10:37pm On Dec 23, 2012
bory09: I don't know for now, ogun state is just a state comprising of ghetto, network of bad road and uncivilised resident, with the fact that ogun is the state that host series of universities, companies and the place of birth of high profile nigerians. The debt that was incured on the state where was it spend, is it on party like ojude oba day because i heard that they love party die there. I pity ogun state most especially ijebu they should continue to invest the state money on party stuff and useless oversea travellings and see their state getting rotten day by day.

grin grin grin grin grin
Shattap jare!
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by 1wolex85: 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

There was a demolition work going on in one of the streets and i was shocked to discover most of the buildings in Ogun state capital are made of RED MUD? Even 2 story buildings were built with RED MUD? I swear in my village there are no more red mud houses. The worst part of is it that the people of Ogun state are mostly worried about Olusegun Obasanjo, they hardly talk about their state governor that should be responsible for the welfare of the state.

Oga haba! Where did u go in abeokuta? Did u see obasanjo's hilltop house close to IBB boulevard? While I agree dat ogun cud be much beta, u saying most of the buildings are red mud is just totally false. I schooled in abk for 6 years so I know wat I am talkin about.
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Saintsquare(m): 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2012
1wolex85:

Oga haba! Where did u go in abeokuta? Did u see obasanjo's hilltop house close to IBB boulevard? While I agree dat ogun cud be much beta, u saying most of the buildings are red mud is just totally false. I schooled in abk for 6 years so I know wat I am talkin about.
God Bless you o.I doubt maybe he has really being to Abk,cos 90% of what he wrote up thr na trash.
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Ikwerefistson: 11:41pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

wen i say ds yarabas rd noise makers u pepl doubt me.dey wil cm 2ds forum busy tokng of d log in odar pepls eyes wen theirs is as huge as a log of timber.dey wil be busy insultng onisha nd aba while onitsa is beter dan d entire west.noise makers

1 Like

Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by Ikwerefistson: 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2012
Baba Eto: .

Pls be logical in your comment. Don't rush to make statement that is base less. There are lots of good things and people from Ogun State. its better you restrict your comment to the topic and stop making careless and tactless comment here. Merry xmas
stop d preachng joor nd face reality.ogun is a slum inhabitd by holigans
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by anonimi: 3:39am On Dec 24, 2012
superbloke:
I think it's just you. You failed to quote the part where she said that liabilities inherited had added to the debt over time.

Because that part makes no sense as well.
The ex-PDP, ex-ANPP Amosun inherited 51b that rose by 71% in less than one year to 87b. Someone has posted that maybe it was from interest accruing on the initial debt.
[size=13pt]Could interest be at 71%?[/size]
Let us not forget that Amosun took over from his thieving former collaborator, OGD in May 2011 and the debt has now reduced from its peak to 63b!!!
She is obviously manipulating the figures. . . and to think that Amosun is a chartered accountant

We should learn to scrutinise what the politicians tell us very very well.
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by abrat: 7:46am On Dec 24, 2012
anonimi:

The ex-PDP, ex-ANPP Amosun inherited 51b that rose by 71% in less than one year to 87b. Someone has posted that maybe it was from interest accruing on the initial debt.
Let us not forget that Amosun took over from his thieving former collaborator, OGD in May 2011 and the debt has now reduced from its peak to 63b!!!
She is obviously manipulating the figures. . . and to think that Amosun is a chartered accountant

You have spoken my mind bro!

I'll take it as a failure on the part of Amosun's govt not to have actually done its home-work well before making such pronouncement.

All the same, it is a way of crooking the accounts in order to siphon the money.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by superbloke(m): 9:12am On Dec 24, 2012
anonimi:

Anyway, you just might be right. However, i won't be surprised if OGD did collect an irresponsible loan at a rediculous interest rate. After all, it wasn't unusual for those ex-governors to collect loans at ridiculous interests and then pocket such loans and put their states in debt.
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by lekanolas: 1:09pm On Dec 24, 2012
Amosun still repaying N89bn debt inherited from Daniel –Commissioner

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/amosun-still-repaying-n89bn-debt-inherited-from-daniel-commissioner/
Re: Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion by OlamideOkadigbo(m): 2:33pm On Dec 24, 2012
abrat: With the loan the guy is obtaining here & there for road construction!

I don't know how you reduce the debt to #63Bn when you actually met #51Bn debt on ground.

Does it mean that #51Bn suddenly turned to #87Bn.

I know Amosun & OGD were close friends in fact he brought/introduced OGD to the pple of Ogun central senatorial district.

Ìjà lódé tórin fi dòwe.
I don't trust him!!!
u spoke my mind........Amosun no holy pass *lips sealed* and ogun pple will soon find out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rejoinder: Shamsuddeen Usman Denies Making Comments Against Yorubas, Tinubu / Senator Adeleke Impactful Projects In Just A Single Year At The Senate(photos) / The Real#BMC On The Ground At Work. PICTURES.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.