Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Why Do We Hv More Fair Skin Females Than Males. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do We Hv More Fair Skin Females Than Males. (1563 Views)

Are Females More Caring Than Males / Females Are More Matured Than Males / Are Female Children Generous Than Males? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Hv More Fair Skin Females Than Males. by Digriz(m): 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
I hv observed that female children normally pick the skin complexion of their fair parent than d males.
If u look at the families wt one of their parent bn fair in complexion,u cn see that majority of the children that took after their fair skin parent is mostly the girls.
I knw of a family wt six children,five boys and two girls,yet the two girls and only a boy took after their fair skin dad and the rest dark as their mum.
In my own family,my mum is fair and my dad is dark bt I took after my dad while my only sister out of four of us is fair. Does it mean that female genes are more prone to that?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Hv More Fair Skin Females Than Males. by jerk: 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2012
I hv noticed that too bt just undecided dnt know.
Re: Why Do We Hv More Fair Skin Females Than Males. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 22, 2012
I'm not aware of more females taking their parent's lighter complexion than males.

My maternal grandfather was very fair, his sisters were dark. I myself am fair, my sisters are dark. So it all depends, it's not gender-related.
Re: Why Do We Hv More Fair Skin Females Than Males. by Dsage1: 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2012
@op, you need to take more research in order to ascertain you fact.

It all depends on genetic makeup of individual to resemble either of the parent. I've seen many female children of the same family who were as dark as their father while their mother were fair in skin and vice visa.

For instance,we're 6, 4males and 2females. One of my sister is very dark while the other one is light in complexion, two of my brother are fair and 3rd one is dark while I myself is not too dark or fair. my mum is fair in complexion while my dad is very dark.
Re: Why Do We Hv More Fair Skin Females Than Males. by Dsage1: 1:23pm On Dec 22, 2012
@op, you need to take more research in order to ascertain your fact.

It all depends on genetic makeup of individual to resemble either of the parent. I've seen many female children of the same family who were as dark as their father while their mother were fair in skin and vice visa.

For instance,we're 6, 4males and 2females. One of my sister is very dark while the other one is light in complexion, two of my brother are fair and 3rd one is dark while I myself is not too dark or fair. my mum is fair in complexion while my dad is very dark.
Re: Why Do We Hv More Fair Skin Females Than Males. by Reelsteel: 3:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
My father and uncles are fair, consequently are thing that bears my last name is very very fair. Including the grandchildren.
Re: Why Do We Hv More Fair Skin Females Than Males. by Reelsteel: 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
My father and uncles are fair, consequently
everybody that bears my last name is very very fair. Including the grandchildren, except the girls who married out of the family who now have mixture of dark and fair children.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Tell Her To Go? / Nigerian Woman, 40, Dies In Spain - (pictured) / Domestic Violence Victim Shares Painful Story (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.