Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20617 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 1:33am On Dec 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

I referred you to same birthday by pharaoh, yes a life was lost, but at that same party, a life wad restored. And it was the life that was restored/saved that got Joseph out of jail. Joseph went on to become a great man. God used that birthday to realise his plans for lsrael.

Oh so this is how you understood it? In this case, you will also say that God used Herod's birthday for what positive purpose?
since you want Pharaoh's birthday to have a positive part cheesy

Is it positive for a life to be lost in such a party? How is this positive? there's nothing positive in this account.
That God gave Joseph knowledge to interprets their dream is a way to prove how powerful He (the God of Joseph) is.

Dont forget that these dreams were interpreted three days before Pharaohs birthday.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 2:00am On Dec 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

It applies to you as well. It's your choice not to.

Of course na, that is why i am being careful not copying Traditions of men.

I believe Christ warns against traditions of men that are not supported by the written word of God.

And you have agreed that Christmas is not Gods command. Seewhat Peter was inspired to say:
5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Paul warned against such and we see that he knew this because of the written word of God:
1Corinthians 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God

Our faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

two tradition facing us:
1) traditions of men - it is not supported by the written word of God.
2) The traditions from God - which are in accord with, and recorded in, scripture.
Which one does Christmas stands for?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 2:06am On Dec 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

The above talks about life in general and not birth. He is saying your hustling and time spent in front of the mirror with your make-up kit are all in vain.

It talks about birth and death bro...and expanciated to time spent in chop chop like XMAS ... grin grin grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 2:14am On Dec 30, 2012
alexleo:

Much as disagree with you on the christmas issue, let me quickly salute you for the above comment. These are statements that i love to hear from christians. Look, plappvile i really appreciate this one thing in you- your desire to follow the bible strictly and its wonderful. Only pray for more wisdom and understanding to interprete the scriptures well. God bless you my sister.

Bros, since you believe i need more more wisdom and understanding to do well, why not start praying for me?
your prayer will go a long way to improve this area. abi na lie i talk? anyway, thanks for your advice.
God bless you too.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 2:24am On Dec 30, 2012
Rich4god: The decoration abi... Now are you telling me that all those working in the bank are pagan worshipper because the last time i went to bank, there are christmas tree been used as decoration in the bank.
@bolded, do you mind telling me which disguise.

What has the birth of Christ got to do with financial organization? this alone tell you there are many aims for Christmas.
Business parties will do all they can to save it.

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 4:06am On Dec 30, 2012
plappville:
And you have agreed that Christmas is not Gods command.

Sorry, I said I will not be posting here again, but let me make a quick clarification so you don't go away with the wrong impression. I agreed you will not find Xmas in the bible, you will not find a command in the bible that says celebrate Xmas. That's my view.

Whether God spoke to the pope the day before Xmas was announced i don't know. Aftetall our pastors to date still claim that they talk to God on a daily basis. I am not one to condemn anybody or say It's not possible cos I no dey there. thank you..
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 30, 2012
In as much as the command to celebrate xmas is not in the bible.There is also no forbiding of its celebration in the bible as well.

What you people are peddling are merely the opinions of your useless watchtower organisation.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 6:56am On Dec 30, 2012
chukwudi44: In as much as the command to celebrate xmas is not in the bible.There is also no forbiding of its celebration in the bible as well.

What you people are peddling are merely the opinions of your useless watchtower organisation.

This is why I keep having problems with you........

Let me give you the list of persons who aint JW's but have seen the folly of xmas and has abandoned it...
1..Frosbel
2..Plapville
3..Serrialink..
4..Buzugee..
5..Boomark..
6..Honeric..
Etc........

As an olodo and an idol worshipper all you do is resort to childs play instead of facing reality.................history and the bible debunks that useless mYTH called ""xmas""...............the whole foundation dec25th is a fraud and a LIE...........
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 30, 2012
chukwudi44: In as much as the command to celebrate xmas is not in the bible.There is also no forbiding of its celebration in the bible as well.

But the Bible commands against traditions of men, doesn't it? Isn't Christmas/birthdays such? Do you think Jesus made those statements against traditions of men because he nothing more important to say?

Have you finished doing what's in the bible to start adding traditions of men to complete or complement the bible?

Do read up history of Christmas and it's decorations and what they stand for. This celebration had opponents from the moment it was instituted. It's why it even got banned for some decades in the 1600s in England and parts of the US because the rulers considered it pagan. It didn't start today.

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

Sorry, I said I will not be posting here again, but let me make a quick clarification so you don't go away with the wrong impression. I agreed you will not find Xmas in the bible, you will not find a command in the bible that says celebrate Xmas. That's my view.

Whether God spoke to the pope the day before Xmas was announced i don't know. Aftetall our pastors to date still claim that they talk to God on a daily basis. I am not one to condemn anybody or say It's not possible cos I no dey there. thank you..

then it is tradition of men.

Then it is an act of presumptiouseness for anyone(pope included) to add it/assume it as a form of worship for Yahweh and his son.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
Zikkyy:

What impression again na? are we not saying thesame thing? your not twisting any scripture to surport why u celebrate it. This i think is very fair of you. You have given reasons why you celebrate it. No one is prohibiting this feast in anyway. We just prove points that displayed Christmas is one of the men tradition Jesus warns His Church to beware of.

So wetin make you dey leave us na? abi someone don vex you here,? i doubt, that can`t happen here.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 7:13pm On Dec 30, 2012
ijawkid:

This is why I keep having problems with you........

Let me give you the list of persons who aint JW's but have seen the folly of xmas and has abandoned it...
1..Frosbel
2..Plapville
3..Serrialink..
4..Buzugee..
5..Boomark..
6..Honeric..
Etc........

As an olodo and an idol worshipper all you do is resort to childs play instead of facing reality.................history and the bible debunks that useless mYTH called ""xmas""...............the whole foundation dec25th is a fraud and a LIE...........

And what is wrong if these names are JW? you don´t need to make √@Chukwudi√ understand anything. No matter how you try to convince him, He will still hold on to his church traditions. I said tnis becos, no scripture has made sense to him here. He just came dansing around singing...♪♪♪♪♪[hail holy queen mother of merci, hail our lives our sickness our home...etc etc] I beg make the truth keep coming in like water. For me oo, I dont care about the name of a denomination as long as their teaching matches Christ partarn. *the truth*. JW´S might not have all the truth, but in terms of Bible knowledge, they are far better than those who criticise them, and even better than the socalled MOTHER CHURCH. NL don show some proves..

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

then it is tradition of men.

Then it is an act of presumptiouseness for anyone(pope included) to add it/assume it as a form of worship for Yahweh and his son.

This guy has some qualities in him. He is the only one that has not twisted Scripture to surpport the reason why he celebrates Christmas. The only problem he is facing is that,....He is not ready to give up the yearly CHOP.....CHOP & gift....gift stuffs..grin grin grin grin grin
I can understand him...but he has has to bear in mind that, is not how we want it, but how God wants it.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:08pm On Dec 30, 2012
plappville:
So wetin make you dey leave us na? abi someone don vex you here,? i doubt, that can`t happen here.

Why I go vex? Am busy. Will not be available till New year. If una still dey here that time I fit contribute if need be.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 30, 2012
Christmas case is closed. No good reason has been given for Christians to be involved in it, but lots of good reasons provided why Christians should avoid it like a plague.

Let's turn to New Year celebrations on Jan 1. Seems the same issue applies, and quite clear cut:

"The Romans dedicated New Year's Day to Janus, the god of gates, doors, and beginnings for whom the first month of the year (January) is also named. After Julius Caesar reformed the calendar in 46 BC and was subsequently murdered, the Roman Senate voted to deify him on the 1st January 42 BC in honor of his life and his institution of the new rationalized calendar. The month originally owes its name to the deity Janus, who had two faces, one looking forward and the other looking backward. This suggests that New Year's celebrations are founded on pagan traditions." - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_Day

While Christians have to use the modern calendaring system with their names like January, we sure don't have to be involved in any celebrations or festivities associated with the pagan god(s).

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 12:02am On Dec 31, 2012
Rich4god:
Did you now see that the example you cited above have one/two things to do with pagans.
Phaoroah was a pagan worsipper and everything he is using is rooted deep inside paganism, so is the ring.
Moses burned the golden calf (pagan idol) made with ring, showing its root in paganism.
@plappville... Why do you have to do away with what you dont like and go with what you like.
Judging from your point of view on how birthday is pagainsm, the bible verses that cited where ring was used in the scripture proof it to be of pagans origin so you better stop using wedding rings else you are equally in the same both with the people ypu are accusing of paganism.

BEFORE THEY BUILD THE GOLDEN CALF THEY HAD THIER GOLD EARINGS RINGS ETC WITH THEM;
GOD PROTECTED AND CARED FOR THEM IN THE DESERT. NOT LOOKING AT THIER JEWELRY AND MOSES WOULDN'T
BURN THEM IF THEY HAD NOT USED IT FOR IDOL WORSHIPPING.

IS THIS TOO DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND shocked
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 12:03am On Dec 31, 2012
Zikkyy:

Why I go vex? Am busy. Will not be available till New year. If una still dey here that time I fit contribute if need be.

GOOD, I ACTUALLY SEE NO REASON FOR VEXATION HERE. STAY WELL ZIKKYY!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 12:06am On Dec 31, 2012
TroGunn: Christmas case is closed. No good reason has been given for Christians to be involved in it, but lots of good reasons provided why Christians should avoid it like a plague.

Let's turn to New Year celebrations on Jan 1. Seems the same issue applies, and quite clear cut:

"The Romans dedicated New Year's Day to Janus, the god of gates, doors, and beginnings for whom the first month of the year (January) is also named. After Julius Caesar reformed the calendar in 46 BC and was subsequently murdered, the Roman Senate voted to deify him on the 1st January 42 BC in honor of his life and his institution of the new rationalized calendar. The month originally owes its name to the deity Janus, who had two faces, one looking forward and the other looking backward. This suggests that New Year's celebrations are founded on pagan traditions." - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_Day

While Christians have to use the modern calendaring system with their names like January, we sure don't have to be involved in any celebrations or festivities associated with the pagan god(s).

My broda, Chrismas case no fit close like that ooo, the matter deep pass as the celebrants may know.
But its a good idea to treat "happy new year" as well, they all follow each other .... grin grin grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 12:09am On Dec 31, 2012
[size=16pt]Deuteronomy 12:2-4 “You shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which you shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree: And you shall overthrow their altars…and burn their groves with fire… you shall not do so unto the LORD your God.” [/size]

YOU SHALL NOT DO MODIFICATION, BURN AND DISTROY ALL THAT HAS BEEN USED FOR THIER IDOLS!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 12:44am On Dec 31, 2012
Bible prophecy are to be noticed: they “Change Laws and Times”

Prophet Daniel speaks of a “little horn,” which “shall speak great words against the Most High…GOD and think to change times and laws.

DAN 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

The following quote reveals how this has happened. (from the Encyclopedia Britannica, under “Christianity”smiley

“Thus, the Easter liturgy has been developed more highly in the Eastern Orthodox Church, and the Christmas liturgy more highly in the Roman Catholic Church…The Christian calendar is the most widely disseminated Christian institution. The seven-day week and the rhythm of the Christian festivals have been accepted even by most of the non-Christian countries. Despite energetic attempts at the introduction of a sliding work week, the seven-day week with work-free Sunday could not be eliminated even in Communist states with an Atheist world view. Even in Atheistic circles and organizations throughout the world, Christian holidays enjoy an undisputed popularity as work-free days…especially Christmas.”

Who is been referred to here?, who have sought to imposing? Who are these leaders who have thought to change times and laws? The Scripture made plain!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 12:57am On Dec 31, 2012
The real Jesus Christ was never in and never will be in Christmas! He cannot be put back into where He has never been.
But the “god of this world,” (Satan) has always been in Christmas. He is Christmas author!

2 Cor. 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

The true God commands that we “must worship Him in spirit and in truth”. This does not mesh with the great
World wide Christmas feast and Santa Claus lies that almost all adults and children so willingly believe.

John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 1:15am On Dec 31, 2012
Everything that people say or do, good or bad, has fruits. Bo wonder the Scripture says'( by thier fruit ye shall know them... Matthew 7:16 & 20)
The fruits of Christmas are terrible. A season that leads the entire year in adultery, loneliness, jealousy, drunkenness and drunk driving,
family arguments and accumulation of debt that often lasts until march or may. How long shall you continue to adopt a plain lie?

The prophet Isaiah wrotes: Isa 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

As faras this thread is concern, some of us have done according to this Scripture.
Now that you have read the PLAIN TRUTH about the true "origin of Christmas", what will you do?

Continue to keep it or let it go? the chioce is your!

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 10:21pm On Jan 01, 2013
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
plappville:
The fruits of Christmas are terrible. A season that leads the entire year in adultery, loneliness, jealousy, drunkenness and drunk driving,
family arguments and accumulation of debt that often lasts until march or may. How long shall you continue to adopt a plain lie?

Xmas or no xmas the activities above will happen.

plappville:
Now that you have read the PLAIN TRUTH about the true "origin of Christmas", what will you do?

What truth? Your truth or God’s truth? All you have done is show your version of the truth. You know some of us read deep and are quite difficult to confuse. Your shallow attempt at showing Christmas as a pagan practice is not convincing. There are areas where you showed that you lacked proper understanding of the argument you are putting forward. You will need to do better to convince me. You guys approach gives the impression you are arguing from a checklist. Maybe “the JW’s guide to criticizing xmas” version 1.0 grin When an item on your checklist is debunked, you move on the next item on the list without any serious attempt at proving your point. Maybe I should provide a summary of the anti-xmas arguments (those I can remember) and show how you guys failed.

1. Only pagans celebrated their birthdays in the bible: This is probably the only point you’ve made that made some sense. Why? Because it was lifted off the bible as it is; it was not spiced with your bias. My comment on this: Knowing that the idea of somebody acknowledging his birthday was not an issue here, I agreed that the bible only recorded instances of pagan kings celebrating their birthday. But is this enough evidence to prove that celebration of birthdays is pagan? I think it’s quite weak. I would rather adopt an approach that shows that we dishonor God by a particular activity. Do we sin by celebrating? I don’t find any evidence to support this. Humans naturally like to feast; I mean we celebrate practically everything. When you give birth, you thank God and feast; when you get a promotion in the office or win a business contract, you thank God and feast; you buy a new car, you feast; somebody dies, you feast; you buy a new shoe, make up accessories and new dress, you feast your friends; grin some peeps even feast when they buy a new iphone or pad self grin So how do we know which feast is a sin from those that is acceptable to God? That’s the approach I expect from you.

2. Birthdays in the bible were associated with negative things: DEBUNKED! By Zikkyy grin I showed that birthday was also associated with positive activities by reference to Joseph. You did not come back with anything serious angry

3. If celebrating his birth was relevant Jesus would have mentioned it: DEBUNKED! By Zikkyy grin If it was a sin Jesus would also not have forgotten to mention it. When you read my counter argument, all you guys do is move on to the next item on the JW’s checklist. You people take the bible as a checklist that contains every action a man will take his lifetime, and we know that is not true. The bible is a guide and should be used as one.

4. Bible commanded against traditions of men: DEBUNKED! By Zikkyy grin that statement is very false! What Christ was against was a tradition that is elevated above the commandment of God. Christ did not condemn the tradition of washing hands before taking meal; he countered the argument of the Pharisee by reference to another tradition that has been elevated above the commandment of honoring your parents. This was to show their hypocrisy. Some traditions are good and some are bad. The tradition that the Apostles were against are those that will lead you away from Christ, and that is the angle of argument that will make sense to me. But as expected you guys move on to the next item when shown that your argument makes no sense.

5. Xmas has pagan origin: DEBUNKED! By Zikkyy grin we have shown that it was Christians that instituted xmas. Were the saturnalia worshippers celebrating xmas prior to the time the church made it a feast? The answer is NO. So what made xmas a pagan origin? With nothing to say, you move on the next item on your list

6. Some pagan activities were carried along in the celebration of xmas: DEBUNKED! By Zikkyy grin I showed you how xmas is practice in church today (based on my understanding anyway), to show that nothing was carried over. Your response was that some decorations were carried over. List the decorations, you fired blank. It was like taking a shot at me with an empty water pistol. I can think of one or two on your behalf. I believe you were referring to the xmas tree and santa. I showed clearly that xmas tree and santa were never part of saturnalia worship and did not feature in xmas activities until centuries later (I think). As expected you move on the next item on the JW’s list. This time irrelevant items. Irrelevant on the ground that they do not show celebration of Christ birth as pagan.

The Irrelevant arguments angry

7. 25 December is a pagan date: DEBUNKED! By Zikkyy angry I honestly don’t see the relevance of this line of argument. It’s like somebody supporting the argument that murder is a crime by saying using a knife to commit murder is a crime. What about using a gun? Or hanging the person? To argue that murder is a crime, you go back to the law or relevant moral or ethical codes. Same for 25 December. We asked if celebrating xmas on June 29 or October 1st is not a pagan? As expected you guys will quietly move on to the next item on your JW criticism list.

8. Xmas tree is pagan origin: DEBUNKED! By Zikkyy grin we have shown that God made everything for our use. God’s people would have use the xmas tree as firewood to cook or make items for domestic use (chair & table) in the past. Will that make these items pagan? I still don’t see how putting a tree (that God created) in my sitting room or garden becomes a sin. It’s only a sin if I worship it. I asked that you guys show me the pagan form of worship that the xmas tree was used for that we are practicing today. Instead you guys move on to the next item on the list

When all else fails, bully the ‘victim’ to submission angry

9. You come back and call the person a liar. You create a world of lies, o.rgies, satan worship and put him in the middle. You tell him that he is pagan and he should just quietly accept that fact and make effort to change from his pagan ways. When the person shows that there is nothing pagan about his ways and that the impression you have of him is all false, what do you guys do? Well according to the list, you start the process all over again grin Probably believing the person will yield after continuous attack

If I remember other arguments I will add. So you see you have not been able to prove anything smiley

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
CLAP FOR YOURSELF ZIKKYY, YOU HAVE MADE UR NAME IN THE GUINNESS BOOK OF RECORD BY DEBUNKING HISTORY AND THE SCRIPTURE .HOW PROUD YOU FEEL NOW...? grin I will address ur long post later, am on phone so I can't quote you now.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 11:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
Zikkyy:

1. Only pagans celebrated their birthdays in the bible: This is probably the only point you’ve made that made some sense. Why? Because it was lifted off the bible as it is;

2. Birthdays in the bible were associated with negative things: DEBUNKED! By Zikkyy grin I showed that birthday was also associated with positive activities by reference to Joseph. You did not come back with anything serious angry

you're on your own.

Seems you did not get the significan of what the bible says.
See:

"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope." (Romans 15:4).

You missed that ^^^ ?

You are on your own.

This is what you are supposed to do but you failed:

Hebrews 13:7 :

Remember your leaders(faithful men of old) who spoke the word of
God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of
life imitate them"

sorry my friend, it goes beyond your "debunk" of a thing.
Peace

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
Zikkyy:What truth? Your truth or God’s truth? All you have done is show your version of the truth. You know some of us read deep and are quite difficult to confuse. Your shallow attempt at showing Christmas as a pagan practice is not convincing. There are areas where you showed that you lacked proper understanding of the argument you are putting forward. You will need to do better to convince me. You guys approach gives the impression you are arguing from a checklist. Maybe “the JW’s guide to criticizing xmas” version 1.0 When an item on your checklist is debunked, you move on the next item on the list without any serious attempt at proving your point. Maybe I should provide a summary of the anti-xmas arguments (those I can remember) and show how you guys failed.

I did not put fort my words but that of the scripture. It just shows it's against men tradition, Christmas is a tradition that is been handed down by a human being like you and me, It was not and will never be supported by the Scripture. now tell me, is this not a tradition of man? or do you have ur own definition of "men traditon"?

Zikkyy: 2. Birthdays in the bible were associated with negative things: DEBUNKED! By Zikkyy I showed that birthday was also associated with positive activities by reference to Joseph. You did not come back with anything serious

It shows you did not see when i adressed this. I SAID if you claim God used the birthday as a means for Joseph then you are equally saying He uses Herod's birthday for John the Baptise undecided what was positive in the Herod's account? God is not a part in birthday celebration, He has always rescue His children in His own ways, do not validate birthday with Joseph"s freedom.
Birthday or not, God will always react when it Pleases Him. Maybe you should also say that the Butler pleases God thats why He was released and promoted unlike the Baker that was hated and killed! You should know that Joseph faithfully served Pharoah and for this He got rewarded by God (in keeping with 1 Peter 2:18)

zikkyy: If celebrating his birth was relevant Jesus would have mentioned it: DEBUNKED! By Zikkyy If it was a sin Jesus would also not have forgotten to mention it. When you read my counter argument, all you guys do is move on to the next item on the JW’s checklist. You people take the bible as a checklist that contains every action a man will take his lifetime, and we know that is not true. The bible is a guide and should be used as one.

There is no party on birthday of Christ in the Bible, Christ did not forget anything, He gave us enough of what He wants us to do until He returns. This whole celebration of birthday began through "human tradition" as previewsly stated.
History has proven Dec 25 that is tagged as Christ date of birth, was the birthday of Mithra, the god of light/Sun.
It also proved that it was the Roman that re-assigned the meaning to the "birthday of Jesus. From Sun to Son. What have you to debunk? grin grin

Zikkyy: 4. Bible commanded against traditions of men: DEBUNKED! By Zikkyy that statement is very false! What Christ was against was a tradition that is elevated above the commandment of God. Christ did not condemn the tradition of washing hands before taking meal; he countered the argument of the Pharisee by reference to another tradition that has been elevated above the commandment of honoring your parents. This was to show their hypocrisy. Some traditions are good and some are bad. The tradition that the Apostles were against are those that will lead you away from Christ, and that is the angle of argument that will make sense to me. But as expected you guys move on to the next item when shown that your argument makes no sense.

I did not put fort my words but that of the scripture. It just shows it's against men tradition, Christmas is a tradition that is been handed down by a human being like you and me, It was not and will never be supported by the Scripture. now tell me, is this not a tradition of man? or do you have ur own definition of "men traditon"?

And you think CHRISTMAS IS OF CHRIST? WHAT GUARANTEED YOU THAT GOD IS ALWAYS THERE? SCRIPTURE PLEASE!

Zikkyy:5. Xmas has pagan origin: DEBUNKED! By Zikkyy we have shown that it was Christians that instituted xmas. Were the saturnalia worshippers celebrating xmas prior to the time the church made it a feast? The answer is NO. So what made xmas a pagan origin? With nothing to say, you move on the next item on your list
Zikky, The early church did not celebrates XMAS(Christ birth) but the Lord's Supper. ( Acts 2:42-46; I Cor. 11:20-22)
There is an origin of Christ death observance from the bible, and an origin of His birth observance from man.

acts 2: 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

I Cor. 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

I believe this thread has given enough scriptures that do not surpport celebrating Christ birth but His death... and not once a year, but every meeting through the Lord's Supper. (Acts 20:7) (I Cor. 10:16) (I Cor. 11:24, 25).

6. Some pagan activities were carried along in the celebration of xmas: DEBUNKED! By Zikkyy I showed you how xmas is practice in church today (based on my understanding anyway),

Christmas custom will remain pagan, You zikkyy can't change this. The Eastern star that is associated with the Nativity story, and its derivative decorative value over the holidays is an element of older cults which was refashioned to suit monotheistic needs.
Some of its greatest usage is attached to ancient mother goddess cults, including that of the goddess Asherah.
All churches houses in the WEST use this Star till date. Many other nature symbols, like snowflakes, the tree and poinsettias, which are also associated with the holidays were likewise used in older pagan cults. Do reseach bros.
I shocked shocked when you say these are no longer in used in todays Christmas when we see them everywhere.
When addressing Christmas, you should try and do better by generalising it, mind you, This feast was not originated from Nigeria.

7. 25 December is a pagan date: DEBUNKED! By Zikkyy I honestly don’t see the relevance of this line of argument.
You have my reply for this already!

8. Xmas tree is pagan origin: DEBUNKED! By Zikkyy we have shown that God made everything for our use.

God did not make them for us to use them wrongly the way they are used today ...You are running away from the gospel truth facing you. Scriptures has been posted here for this, but Zikkyy has to debunk evrythin including Himself.... grin grin grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2013
truthislight:

you're on your own.

Seems you did not get the significan of what the bible says.
See:

"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope." (Romans 15:4).

You missed that ^^^ ?

You are on your own.

This is what you are supposed to do but you failed:

Hebrews 13:7 :

Remember your leaders(faithful men of old) who spoke the word of
God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of
life imitate them"

sorry my friend, it goes beyond your "debunk" of a thing.
Peace

ZIKKYY THINK SAY E LIKE THE CHOP CHOP THING PASS ME BEFORE, grin grin grin

That was a good scripture for him there!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 11:53pm On Jan 03, 2013
Zikkyy, see picture of the ancient yule log and the modern one designed as Christmas cake...chop chop grin grin grin (jk)

Pending on your location, You might not ve ever noticed how many anthropomorphic figures are around each Christmas time!
Let me just name a few,: Gingerbread men, snowmen, figurines of angels, the nativity characters and Santa and his crew: ther re hundreds of thousands of little simulacra of people associated wit the Christmas and new yr.

And while such representations of humanity may seem common place in Zikkyy todays society, for thousands of yrs and indeed still in some cultures such things were and are forboden.(recall what @troguun wrote previewsly) From the ancient so-called Venus figurines of prehistoric Europ to the statues of the classical world, the recreation of the human form was considered sacred and powerfull.

From the helpful elf who watches over children’s good behavior to the angels atop the tree; these personifications of the human form and spirit are no less powerful if one chooses to believe in them. Christmas is drawing closer, Kids must behave well in order to have gifts from an unknown being. Kids are innocent, they are made to believe everything about Christmas. What a lie in the name of celebration Christ birth He never commanded at the first place. angry

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 12:06am On Jan 04, 2013
More christmas (yule) ancient symbols/activities you can see in today's Christmas:

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 12:42am On Jan 04, 2013
And what about the concept of the infamous Santa Claus himself . His story is ripe with magickal elements.
Eventually, he is a semi-deity who lives in a magickal dimension on the northern fringes of the human world accompanied by a bevy of miraculous toy making beings and flying creatures. grin grin Though Santa tradition is not very old in and of itself, the idea of powerful house spirits who bear gifts and good fortune goes back to the very beginning of time in almost every culture.
In some cultures, particularly in "Eastern Europe" and Japan, these house spirits are still widely venerated in the modern world.
See picture of santa, And later i will post on "Saint Nicolas", you must know alot of activities are accurs during this holidays.
They are all rooted from paganism. Not from the Scripture, why join them in this celebration?

Check this link for more fine fine pictures.. grin
http://www.freegreatpicture.com/christmas/santa-claus-28025

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 12:49am On Jan 04, 2013
See how the Yule alter looks like, no difference from Christmas one.
Every Christmas celebrant in the West wen never build this alter at home, e never start, the real sulture must take its place. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat / The Uncontrollable Spread Of Sexual Lust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.