Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20615 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 9:45am On Jan 07, 2013
plappville:

Do you observe times or not? The Scripture did mention things that God hates. One of them you are victim of observe timed.

You had better understand I said, the reason God said those words is because some of their ways are not pleasing God. Their hearts were far but yet the continue to offer him offerings and prayers. Do not change my words. I could give more details but it will be lengthy so. I briefed it.
I realy dont understand what you mean by "observation of time". Maybe you should throw more light so that i will not misquote you. At bolded, am a christian and i know when am going beyond values/morals and i dont think my actions/doing on xmas day is wrong.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2013
plappville:
Do you observe times or not? The Scripture did mention things that God hates. One of them you are victim of observe timed.

You have taken this your accusations to new level angry what do you mean by 'observed time'? Anyways this one was debunked even before you posted smiley see item #9 on that your checklist grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 2:13pm On Jan 07, 2013
Rich4god:
I realy dont understand what you mean by "observation of time". Maybe you should throw more light so that i will not misquote you. At bolded, am a christian and i know when am going beyond values/morals and i dont think my actions/doing on xmas day is wrong.

It can have to do with astrology, occult, anything that involves the moon, stars fortune telling (gbogboe) etc etc..
and mostly, if you read Deuteronomy 18:10 which is the same as Gal.4:8-10.
They are Refererence to Deut 4:19; & Deut 17:3.

Deut 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Now see: 2 Chronicles 33:6
6 And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger.

What did Paul say? let look: 8Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods. 9But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? 10Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. 11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

[size=14pt]Times are: [/size]
Valentine's Day === sun god, Cupid(Nimrod), Saturnalia, Baal.
Easter Time === goddess Ishtar known as Astarte, Oestre, Ostara, queen of heaven
New Years === god Janus
Christmas Time === sun god, Saturnalia.
Saints day (Halloween Time) ==== god Samhain

You see....Yahweh hates it cheesy...!!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

You have taken this your accusations to new level angry what do you mean by 'observed time'? Anyways this one was debunked even before you posted smiley see item #9 on that your checklist grin

Zikkyy which kind accusation na? I talk anything? no, i beg see the scripture in my qoute for @Rich4god ...!
How you dey na? Chop chop don finish till easter?? Usual Seasoning chop chop for Zikkyy... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
plappville:

It can have to do with astrology, occult, anything that involves the moon, stars fortune telling (gbogboe) etc etc..

Deut 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

6 And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger.

What did Paul say? let look: 8Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods. 9But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? 10Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. 11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Easter Time === goddess Ishtar known as Astarte, Oestre, Ostara, queen of heaven
New Years === god Janus

My dear sister, you are the one attributing/attaching all these to papanism. The last time i checkd, all these events are performed to the glory of God and we catholics, anything we are doing today is directly related to the life of Christ, i.e we(catholics) spread out the event that happened when Christ was on earth over the year, which we begin from Advent(around november) through xmas, through lent(fasting) to easter-his ancension-pentecost etc. So if you like, keep attributing it to paganism, all i know is that there is nothing pagan in what am doing. [s]Plz, by feb, i will post the full details of what catholics observe during the year and their meaning, so that you will get a full understanding of what we do. I kant do it now cos i travel and am not with my laptop, am just with my phone that uses opera mini.[/s]
@bolded, that one na u knw cos am not worshiping idol.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 3:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
plappville:

Zikkyy which kind accusation na? I talk anything? no, i beg see the scripture in my qoute for @Rich4god ...!
How you dey na? Chop chop don finish till easter?? Usual Seasoning chop chop for Zikkyy...
grin grin
My sister i dey o. Chop chop never finish o. 13th of this month( [s] which of the gods/pagan/idol are you going to attach to this day [/s] ), we (catholics) are commemorating(feast) the baptism of our Lord and also there are loads of other feast/solemnity that catholics commemorate between now and easter. So enof chop chop dey o and you are invited. Infact, i go like round table for just me and you, hope JW's wont frown against it. Peace.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:28pm On Jan 07, 2013
Rich4god:
My dear sister, you are the one attributing/attaching all these to papanism. The last time i checkd, all these events are performed to the glory of God and we catholics, anything we are doing today is directly related to the life of Christ, i.e we(catholics) spread out the event that happened when Christ was on earth over the year, which we begin from Advent(around november) through xmas, through lent(fasting) to easter-his ancension-pentecost etc. So if you like, keep attributing it to paganism, all i know is that there is nothing pagan in what am doing. [s]Plz, by feb, i will post the full details of what catholics observe during the year and their meaning, so that you will get a full understanding of what we do. I kant do it now cos i travel and am not with my laptop, am just with my phone that uses opera mini.[/s]
@bolded, that one na u knw cos am not worshiping idol.

Are you sure you can prove those Scriptures wrong in February? shocked Well, take your time bros...
Am just Laughing at bolded.... grin grin grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
Rich4god:
My sister i dey o. Chop chop never finish o. 13th of this month, we (catholics) are commemorating(feast) the baptism of our Lord and also there are loads of other feast/solemnity that catholics commemorate between now and easter. So enof chop chop dey o and you are invited. Infact, i go like round table for just me and you, hope JW's wont frown against it. Peace.

That post was for zikkyy, but no probs. So you never finish your chop chop? So you feast the baptism of JESUS? How do you do that? or am i missing something.. shocked shocked

I no fit talk for JW's for this one oooo, me i no dey join ur chop chop ... grin grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 3:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
plappville:

Are you sure you can prove those Scriptures wrong in February? shocked Well, take your time bros...
Am just Laughing at bolded.... grin grin grin
Shebi you don start. Which part of my post did i tell you that i want to prove the scripture wrong...?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
plappville:

That post was for zikkyy, but no probs. So you never finish your chop chop? So you feast the baptism of JESUS? How do you do that? or am i missing something.. shocked shocked

I no fit talk for JW's for this one oooo, me i no dey join ur chop chop ... grin grin
If you want to know how we commemorate his baptism, look for a catholic and ask him or better still, visit any catholic church and ask the priest in charge.
@bolded... You no wan join me for chop chop. Ok, can i take you out, can i invite you over to my place or can you join me in visiting the motherless babies/hospital/old peoples home. [s] sorry if the first two request is rude/disrespectful to you. [/s] .peace.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
Rich4god:
If you want to know how we commemorate his baptism, look for a catholic and ask him or better still, visit any catholic church and ask the priest in charge.
@bolded... You no wan join me for chop chop. Ok, can i take you out, can i invite you over to my place or can you join me in visiting the motherless babies/hospital/old peoples home. [s] sorry if the first two request is rude/disrespectful to you. [/s] .peace.

Funny all this you know? You can't explain a thing you lay down, why should you lay it down at the first place? I should go and see a priest as if this is very important..
You must be joking with your invitaion i guessed angry

*sigh* like @truthislight..hahaha... grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2013
Rich4god:
Shebi you don start. Which part of my post did i tell you that i want to prove the scripture wrong...?
You want to prove that those Scriptures are not directed to to church/people who take part in practice/doctrine of this kind abi?.
So take your time and come back in February, if God permits us.. grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 4:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
plappville:

New Years === god Janus

You are confused angry you just dey jump from one accusation to another.

plappville:

what exactly are you saying here? @bolded, are you saying that the early Christians actually celebrated birthdays & xmas? Remember you guys told us on this very thread that there is no evidence in the scriptures that the early Christians celebrated birthdays and xmas. From the post above, it appears you are telling us that the early Christians were party animals; celebrating birthdays non-stop, though Paul was not happy with them. please clarify your position. i don't agree with your interpretation, clarify so i know if i need to update the checklist of debunked items angry
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 4:10pm On Jan 07, 2013
plappville:

Funny all this you know? You can't explain a thing you lay down, why should you lay it down at the first place? I should go and see a priest as if this is very important..

Cool down. Did i tell you that i cant explain it. Will put it up when the time comes, just cant type up all the explanation using a phone.
@bolded... Am serious o. So whats your take, will you honour it? Waiting for your reply.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
plappville:
How you dey na? Chop chop don finish till easter?? Usual Seasoning chop chop for Zikkyy... grin grin

come, don't insult me. you think say na only xmas & easter i dey chop rice? angry My 'choppings' no get ending o! grin it just that xmas chop chop is special cos i get special time off and i always ensure i make the most of it grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
plappville:
You want to prove that those Scriptures are not directed to to church/people who take part in practice/doctrine of this kind abi?.
So take your time and come back in February, if God permits us.. grin
That part of the scripture was directd to those who are involved in witchcraft, enchantments, idol worship and those who neglect the ways of God which ofcourse am not guilty of. So tell me how that applies to those celebrating xmas/birthday.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

come, don't insult me. you think say na only xmas & easter i dey chop rice? angry My 'choppings' no get ending o! grin it just that xmas chop chop is special cos i get special time off and i always ensure i make the most of it grin
Good, even Jesus Christ(was invited to)chop special meal during His time on earth.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
plappville:

I be think say valentine's day na social event
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2013
plappville: @rich4god

ma sister, this guy like christmas too much, him fit be say him like chop chop pass Zikky self.

Na this Chrismas thread the guy they only see for NL since e concern him favourite(mas).

Zikky will be very jealous.
cool grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

lol.

Zikkyy:
xmas chop chop is special cos i get special time off and i always ensure i make the most of it grin

the original chop chop guy. Lol.
Na wa for ye o!
Chop de go naa.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 7:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
truthislight:
the original chop chop guy. Lol.
Na wa for ye o!
Chop de go naa.

Lol! grin before nko?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

You are confused angry you just dey jump from one accusation to another.

what exactly are you saying here? @bolded, are you saying that the early Christians actually celebrated birthdays & xmas? Remember you guys told us on this very thread that there is no evidence in the scriptures that the early Christians celebrated birthdays and xmas. From the post above, it appears you are telling us that the early Christians were party animals; celebrating birthdays non-stop, though Paul was not happy with them. please clarify your position. i don't agree with your interpretation, clarify so i know if i need to update the checklist of debunked items angry

They did not celebrate XMAS, NEW YR etc, I never told you they did. This verse was actually pointing at the Jewish feasts then.
The new moons, the Jewish festivals, the Sabbatical years etc...

XMAS HALLOWEEN, NEW YR FITs in this verse today.
After given your life to Christ, why go back and do the same things as the Pagans? why celebrate thesame feasts with them.
You have nothing to debunk, you yourself have previously agreed this feast is not Scriptural, so how then can you debunk yourself? undecided

[size=16pt]Et Voilà...[/size]
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2013
Rich4god:
That part of the scripture was directd to those who are involved in witchcraft, enchantments, idol worship and those who neglect the ways of God which ofcourse am not guilty of. So tell me how that applies to those celebrating xmas/birthday.

The bolded does...Check History how this was celebrated...before the modifiication. God is not in a Pagan feast, He do not listen to all the plenty prayers of this feast days.

The true Yule celebration does not involve Jesus, a manger or angels. Those traditions were
added many years later. The original Yule celebrations involve much more ancient rituals and
beliefs. Other names for this festival are: Winter Solstice, Alban Arthan, Finn's Day, Festival
of Sol, Yuletide, Great Day of the Cauldron, and Festival of Growth.

http://www.unhinderedliving.com/yule.html

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2013
jeremiah 10 2-3 This is what the Lord says:
“Do not learn the ways of the nations (copy from pagan)
or be terrified by signs in the sky,
though the nations are terrified by them.
3For the customs of the peoples are worthless; (thier traditons/feast)
they cut a tree out of the forest,
and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2013
truthislight:

ma sister, this guy like christmas too much, him fit be say him like chop chop pass Zikky self.

Na this Chrismas thread the guy they only see for NL since e concern him favourite(mas).

Zikky will be very jealous.
cool grin

I think so hahahaha.... grin grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
Rich4god:
Cool down. Did i tell you that i cant explain it. Will put it up when the time comes, just cant type up all the explanation using a phone.
@bolded... Am serious o. So whats your take, will you honour it? Waiting for your reply.

Ok, i remember you said that.

You are playing with fire.....Were is your location? i should know first... grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

Then what's the use or why would Xmas be that important?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
plappville:

The bolded does...Check History how this was celebrated...before the modifiication. God is not in a Pagan feast, He do not listen to all the plenty prayers of this feast days.

Am not celebrating a pagan feast. Am rejoicing that our Lord Jesus came into this world to redeem (me)us.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 11:28pm On Jan 07, 2013
plappville: jeremiah 10 2-3 This is what the Lord says:
“Do not learn the ways of the nations (copy from pagan)
or be terrified by signs in the sky,
though the nations are terrified by them.
3For the customs of the peoples are worthless; (thier traditons/feast)
they cut a tree out of the forest,
and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.

This one na you know o. Am celebrating our Lord Jesus Christ and you are saying am copying pagans. Did the pagans tell you that they too were celebrating Christ.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 11:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
plappville:

Ok, i remember you said that.

You are playing with fire.....Were is your location? i should know first... grin
Hmmm... Am playing with fire. You be volcano?
Are you in 9ja?
I got my base in more than 30 states of nigeria but right now am in kano. So whats your take? Waiting for your reply.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:44am On Jan 09, 2013
Rich4god:
Am not celebrating a pagan feast. Am rejoicing that our Lord Jesus came into this world to redeem (me)us.

So its all about how you want it not how God wants it??
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:47am On Jan 09, 2013
Rich4god:
This one na you know o. Am celebrating our Lord Jesus Christ and you are saying am copying pagans. Did the pagans tell you that they too were celebrating Christ.

Well, the choice is yours, suit yourself!!! History has defined CHristmas and its origin, but you insist. Its wrong. Suit itself bro.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.