Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20612 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 2:10pm On Dec 25, 2012
alexleo:

And you want to tell me that everything you do in life was instituted by you. The songs you sing in church was composed by you ijawkid? And because a pope institued christmas does that make it sin? So even when a pope brings out a good idea we should reject it because we are not catholics? No sir. Christmas is a fraud and an insult on Jesus only in your view. Not in other people's views.

Its a fraud and an insult my bro.......you are celebrating a LIE..!!!!!!....don't you get it??........how can you mix Jesus with a myth??......how does it work??..........everything I try to do I make sure I go through bible principles to see if my actions allign with them.........be it songs,clothing and what have you........xmas is just glaringly wrong......its all pagan and a LIE....by celebrating xmas you have absolutely nothing to teach a pagan........you have totally made freinds with the world.....
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 2:14pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

Whose truth? your truth or Christ's truth?

Truth about CHrist and what he stands for........Jesus is not a pagan figure that needs his birthday to be celebrated..........don't claim xmas if for Jesus because its a lie....rather xmas is for persons who want to indulge in the excesses.....the banga's and knock outs thrown through out the season and the rice and chicken everyone would eat today means nothing to christ..............because he never instituted this......

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 2:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

You are not saying anything. Tell me How. That was my question. for example, is it the fact that everybody including pagans give gift? Please list these pagan acts you are talking about. I hope you will not avoid this post smiley

Have you gone through pagan9ja's link I dropped on this post.....go through it and see how xmas aint different from the sun god worshippers that started off what you have as xmas celebration.....

Don't let pagans set the pace in ways of worship bro........
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2012
And you doged the simple question i asked. Did Jesus wear trouser and suit? Why do you wear them? The songs you sing in your church was it Jesus that composed it?
Again Jesus had no need to celebrate his birthday because to him, his birth meant sorrow,pain and carrying of our sins which was quite a bitter cup for him to drink. But to us, his birth means redemption, victory and eternal life thats why we are the ones that should celebrate rather than Jesus.
ijawkid:
It will also be wrong my bro......that would be presumptuousness........did Jesus tell you to......this is why I say it is the celebrants of the xmas that end up been selfish.....you project your own longing for merriment and feel you can squeeze Jesus into it........
1...Did Jesus celebrate his own birthday??NO
2...Did he beg or command his disciples to commemorate his birthday after his ascension??.....NO...

So why on earth would you wanna celebrate his birthday??...........

Let the figure you are celebrating give the go-ahead first.........and worse of all you have rubbed Jesus along with paganism........that's why I say its an insult to Jesus......he would be shaking his head in heaven......

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

Can you also show to us where Christ & Apostles stated that Christians should not celebrate their birthdays?

There is something unchristian about adopting a pagan celebration.

2 Corinthians 6:14 - "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness"?

To those who want to celebrate Christ, they were expressly instructed by Christ to celebrate his death.

Like 22:19 - "And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me .""

This is what his apostles duly observed, Paul wrote

1 Corinthians 11:23- 27 - "For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me .” In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes".

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

Pagans did not celebrate Christ. So what's this talk about stealing a pagan festival?
How did you get your xmas now??...if them be no snatch pagan holiday you for dey do xmas today??........xmas was snatched.........return what is pagan to the pagans.....
Zikkyy:

Are you now saying we should adopt the laws of the old testament?

NOPE....I'm only saying let us not be presumptuous........especially when it comes to matters of Christ and his Father (Yahweh)..........I gave the examples of the isrealites as a a warning example for all xmas celebrants..........

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 2:26pm On Dec 25, 2012
alexleo: And you doged the simple question i asked. Did Jesus wear trouser and suit? Why do you wear them? The songs you sing in your church was it Jesus that composed it?
Again Jesus had no need to celebrate his birthday because to him, his birth meant sorrow,pain and carrying of our sins which was quite a bitter cup for him to drink. But to us, his birth means redemption, victory and eternal life thats why we are the ones that should celebrate rather than Jesus.

Oh now you are giving a yeye reason why Jesus shouldn't have celebrated his birthday??......how important is a birthday celebration without the celebrant participating in it??so now if Jesus didn't see the need to celebrate or commemorate his birthday as the pagans around him did back then,did he beg you to do it for him??..........and did his apostles do it??so why you??other christians existed before the 3rd century,why didn't they celebrate xmas??

And for clarity sake Jesus' birth is not what brought redemption,it was his death.........go and read your bible well........if Jesus didn't die we won't be here..........it was his death all along that was to save mankind.......
The songs I sing in the church are all coined from scriptural verses........so I'm on track....the moment I steal jarule's song or nicki minaj's song and squeeze Jesus into it then I'll be in trouble........u dey hear??....

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 2:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

Importance is not the issue here, otherwise i would be saying it is mandatory to celebrate Christmas. I asked a question, "do you consider my action to be a sin that God will ensure i receive the necessary punishment?" it is a simple question, just ensure you support your answer with proof from scriptures smiley

you are part of an idolatrouse worship.

I am not the one sentencing people.

God does and rewards obedience.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 2:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
The birth of christ and his death are the same. It was his death for our redemption that brought about his birth.
TroGunn:

There is something unchristian about adopting a pagan celebration.

2 Corinthians 6:14

"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness"?

To those who want to celebrate Christ, they were expressly instructed by Christ to celebrate his death.

Like 22:19 - "And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.""

This is what his apostles duly observed, Paul wrote

1 Corinthians 11:23- 27 - "For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes".
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 2:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
Blind argument. If Jesus wasnt born would he have died? And if not for his death whats the need of him being born?
The song you sing is coined from the bible abi? The birth of JESUS we celebrate is in the bible. Luke 2:9-15,20. The angels and the shepherd celebrated it and thats what we are doing.
ijawkid:

Oh now you are giving a yeye reason why Jesus shouldn't have celebrated his birthday??......how important is a birthday celebration without the celebrant participating in it??so now if Jesus didn't see the need to celebrate or commemorate his birthday as the pagans around him did back then,did he beg you to do it for him??..........and did his apostles do it??so why you??other christians existed before the 3rd century,why didn't they celebrate xmas??

And for clarity sake Jesus' birth is not what brought redemption,it was his death.........go and read your bible well........if Jesus didn't die we won't be here..........it was his death all along that was to save mankind.......
The songs I sing in the church are all coined from scriptural verses........so I'm on track....the moment I steal jarule's song or nicki minaj's song and squeeze Jesus into it then I'll be in trouble........u dey hear??....
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2012
frosbel:

Sorry you lost me here, I simply stated that Christmas is not a Christian holiday , used to be called Yuletide especially in Europe and has nothing to do with Christ or his message.

However I use this period as a reminder to others of Christ and his sacrifice.

But i know as a christian you remember/talk about christ every day.

Some people preach him every day to others, he is a way of life for them.

Is it then necessary to say you remember him on a set day?

Yea! Except Nissan 14 the day of his death that he said his death should be comomerated.

This ^^^ has a direct command in the bible.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2012
alexleo: Blind argument. If Jesus wasnt born would he have died? And if not for his death whats the need of him being born?
The song you sing is coined from the bible abi? The birth of JESUS we celebrate is in the bible. Luke 2:9-15,20. The angels and the shepherd celebrated it and thats what we are doing.

Smh!!!!!...........the angels and shepherds celebrated xmas??......are you dreaming??....oya please tell me date the angels and shepherd celebrated christs birth and if they commemorated it.........did they commemorate it like you are doing??...did they run around with xmas trees in heaven and firing knockouts??.............oh now you see that the customs of christmas are an exact replica of pagan celebration.....

And as regards Jesus' birth you err......Jesus' birth could not have meant much as his death,because he had existed before descending to the earth.........it is death that Jesus had to taste before we can gain salvation that is why he said it with his mouth that the last supper be commemorated exactly the way he did it.....you see how Jesus set the pace in the way Christians should observe the last supper??.......nothing about xmas is in the scriptures......nothing!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 3:14pm On Dec 25, 2012
alexleo:

And you want to tell me that everything you do in life was instituted by you. The songs you sing in church was composed by you ijawkid? And because a pope institued christmas does that make it sin? So even when a pope brings out a good idea we should reject it because we are not catholics? No sir. Christmas is a fraud and an insult on Jesus only in your view. Not in other people's views.

what is this your argument attacking?
Did Ijawkid say you should follow his law or that christmas is not biblcal?

Men, be honest.

Are we to follow pope or the law of christ?

Why follow a pegan command if you say you are a follower of christ?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:
"what if I decided to celebrate the birth of Christ by a dedicating a day once a year for it, a day I chose, and I spend the day giving praises. Do you consider my action a sin? If yes kindly state why"

My broda, believe it or not, when you came into this world, u came with an instruction manual (the Bible)! God’s expressed will and purpose is written througout its pages.
Just like when you purchesed a new phone, it has a guide manuel which you follow to operate ur telephone so you don't end up spoiling it.
Every word of scripture is God’s message to u who you are, what you are, why He created you, and how He expects you to conduct your life.
Everything you need to know about the true purpose of life is written in God’s Word:

(John 17: 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.)( Matt. 4:4; II Tim. 3:16-17)

When u read the Scripture, God is talking to you! He shows u how to live a happy, fulfilling, abundant life without borrowing from men traditions.
Now i invite you to pick up your “instruction manual” and examine what God says about birthdays.

Birthdays in the Bible

Birthday celebrations are mentioned in the Bible on two or three separate occasions and, in each case, something terrible occurred. I'm sure you did skiped this, i will recontruct it for you to see it clearly. These three accounts bear brief examination.
First ACC is in Genesis. The Egyptian king Pharaoh, celebrated his birthday by executing his chief baker (Gen. 40:1-23).
Note: This was during his birthday party, according to the interpretation God gave to Joseph. As the dream had foretold, the baker was hung at the party.

Second ACC is from the NT, Herod the tetrarch reluctantly ordered the beheading of John the Baptist (Matt. 14:3-11) make sure you notice verse 6: “But when Herod’s birthday was kept…” During the dancing and merry making at his "birthday party", Herod got carried away and eventualy made a promise that he did not want to keep.
As a result, a great servant of God lost his life. (John the Baptist).

I think there is a similar account in the book of Job, these parties were obviously not centered around any kind of celebration related to God, or Job would not have worried that his children may ve sinned during these celebration feasts. He was not exactly sure what was going on in their minds, but the very celebration of their birthdays triggered great concern in him (see verse:5). Apparently, during the birthday party, God allowed Satan to kill all 10 of Job’s childre through what appears to be a tornado (vs. 6-13, 18-19).

Job 1:4 The Bible says that Job’s seven sons “went and feasted in their houses, "every one his day"; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them”

If you read forther in Job chapter 3 you will see a proof that these birthday celebrations displeased God. Because Job spend time cursing every aspect of the day of his birth.
Job words make plain and clear that there is nothing good about the day of a man’s birth.

Conclusion to your Question above, You cannot invent what is not writen in the bible to be a pratcise for God, Scripture has enough for us to follow.

It is true that the above scriptures do not contain a direct condemnation of birthdays stating: “Thou shalt not…” or something similar.
But consider for a moment the central lesson of each of these ACCs.
They represent the only three birthday parties described in the entire Bible. "Absolute disaster" occurred on each occasion!

Now my question for you, if God felt birthday celebrations were something positive and good, why wouldn’t God record one other account where something either good or positive happened? I bet you, there is no such account in the entire Scripture.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
alexleo: The birth of christ and his death are the same. It was his death for our redemption that brought about his birth.

What was key was his death. His birth was basically transfer of life since he had existed before in heaven.

Only at his death did he provide the redemption from sin. His birth would have not amounted to much had he fallen into temptation from the Devil like Adam did.

Eccl 7:1 - "A good name is better than fine perfume,  and the day of death better than the day of birth".

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy: Sister plappville, you are still on this matter. I can see alexleo is doing a good job here.

I think you should do away with this idea of "if it's not expressly stated in the bible, then it not right". You sound like a robot when you do that. It gives the impression you are just regurgitating other people views.

When Christ gave his commandment, he did not say this is exactly what you must do and these are the list of activities you must abstain from. We have a freedom to operate within the commandments as long as we don't act in a manner that does not align with them. Society evolves, so does activities. Jesus could not have instructed that we should not watch certain programs on television because there was no t.v at the Time. The scriptures covers event up to some years after the crucifixion, and will not expressly address behaviours or activities not vogue at the time. Man will always look at New ways of doing already established behaviors or activities or even new things to do, but we must be guided by the scriptures to ensure we don't go wrong.

2. You cannot say Christmas has pagan origin and therefore it is wrong, afterall the idea of sacrifice and worship performed by pagans has its root on Cain & Abel, but that does not make it right. Agreed that Christmas is now a global feast and people celebrate it for different reasons. People will rob or kidnap to raise fund for christmas celebration, to them Christmas is all about making merry. The beauty of it all is that God looks at the heart and not your actions.

Take alexleo's advice and focus on the fact that Christmas is not done right. You make more sense if you critic the manner in which some peeps celebrate Xmas. Also considers the possibility that these peeps might not be Christians.

Broda Zikkyy, yes oo, why do you want me to give it up? Scripture encourages exposing unscriptural practice in the body of Christ. grin grin grin

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Todaynatoday: 3:22pm On Dec 25, 2012
Abegi, Christmas is not a celebration of Christ's birth, it is just another public holiday when you remember:
* christmas tree
* satan claus a.k.a father christmas (na im kukuma get am)
* elves and the north pole
* snowman
* to throw fire crackers and disturb my peace
* that chicken & rice is suddenly so important
* to go to beach and have fun (woo hoo, Jesus would be so pleased)
* to go clubbing (praise the lord somebody)
Although I have no qualms with christmas, I just hate it when people try to paint it as something that is so important. Maybe it used to be about the birth of Christ but now, christmas has lost its' essence. Pagans have reclaimed their celebration (maybe the pope should change it to the celebration of Jesus' baptism)

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 3:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

I like you, you are more reasonable smiley that is not to say i don't like my other anti-xmas brothers and sister o!

I said something in one of my posts here. we should consider if the larger population of peeps celebrating Christmas are Christians. If we say the celebration is not done in a manner acceptable to God by true Christians, that would be a concern. If you adopt the issue of origin, then i will say all form of worship ultimately originated from the initial practice by Cain and Abel. Pagan worship has its origin from worship of God, you think that make pagan worship acceptable to God? Why would intent matter in such case and not matter when it comes to the issue of Christmas?

the issue is that true servant of God Yahweh did not celebrate birthdays.

Pegans have the example of celebrating birthdays.

Whose example are you following here?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
ijawkid:

Smh!!!!!...........the angels and shepherds celebrated xmas??......are you dreaming??....oya please tell me date the angels and shepherd celebrated christs birth and if they commemorated it.........did they commemorate it like you are doing??...did they run around with xmas trees in heaven and firing knockouts??.............oh now you see that the customs of christmas are an exact replica of pagan celebration.....

And as regards Jesus' birth you err......Jesus' birth could not have meant much as his death,because he had existed before descending to the earth.........it is death that Jesus had to taste before we can gain salvation that is why he said it with his mouth that the last supper be commemorated exactly the way he did it.....you see how Jesus set the pace in the way Christians should observe the last supper??.......nothing about xmas is in the scriptures......nothing!!!!!

Thank you very much for your sincere contributions, Christian Christmas celebrants have absolutely no scripture to back thier claim.
The pagans on the other hand will never forsake thier feast for Christians.They are the original celebrants.
Those who keep adding to Gods word should know the complications of doing so.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 3:27pm On Dec 25, 2012
frosbel: When I say SOME Pentecostals are Catholics I attract insults.

Just a few of the doctrines they hold in common :

Trinity
Christmas
Easter

Eternal torment
Immortal Soul

etc..............

true talk.

It is a mother and daughter thing.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:35pm On Dec 25, 2012
Todaynatoday: Abegi, Christmas is not a celebration of Christ's birth, it is just another public holiday when you remember:
* christmas tree
* satan claus a.k.a father christmas
* elves and the north pole
* snowman
* to throw fire crackers and disturb my peace
* that chicken & rice is suddenly so important
* to go to beach and have fun (woo hoo, Jesus would be so pleased)
* to go clubbing (praise the lord somebody)
Although I have no qualms with christmas, I just hate it when people try to paint it as something that is so important. Maybe it used to be about the birth of Christ but now, christmas has lost its' essence. Pagans have reclaimed their celebration (maybe the pope should change it to the celebration of Jesus' baptism)

If He does, it will still work for Him, people who do not care what the scripture says, but follow men traditions will accept whatever is put to them:
Matthew 15:9 They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.'"
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
TroGunn:

What was key was his death. His birth was basically transfer of life since he had existed before in heaven.

Only at his death did he provide the redemption from sin. His birth would have not amounted to much had he fallen into temptation from the Devil like Adam did.

Eccl 7:1 - "A good name is better than fine perfume,  and the day of death better than the day of birth".

Good point!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
Abeg make una no pour sand for this xmas garri Christ birth was celebrated by Angels and the Shepherds. They are actually gave him gifts just like we do during xmas. Abi na pagans things all of them dey do all that while? There are many things you do that's not mentioned in the bible. How many of you dress like Jesus and apostles? Ahan...merry xmas joor...
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

They are not teachings on birthdays please. If thats your interpretation of those events, maybe you should stop reading. I guess it safer to let your pastor do the reading & interpretation.

Tell me you did not learn any lesson from these accounts? They taught us some lessons, it is left for individual to accept the message of these Accounts.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
Paxchal: Abeg make una no pour sand for this xmas garri Christ birth was celebrated by Angels and the Shepherds. They are actually gave him gifts just like we do during xmas. Abi na pagans things all of them dey do all that while? There are many things you do that's not mentioned in the bible. How many of you dress like Jesus and apostles? Ahan...merry xmas joor...

plappville:

My broda, believe it or not, when you came into this world, u came with an instruction manual (the Bible)! God’s expressed will and purpose is written througout its pages.
Just like when you purchesed a new phone, it has a guide manuel which you follow to operate ur telephone so you don't end up spoiling it.
Every word of scripture is God’s message to u who you are, what you are, why He created you, and how He expects you to conduct your life.
Everything you need to know about the true purpose of life is written in God’s Word:

(John 17: 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.)( Matt. 4:4; II Tim. 3:16-17)

When u read the Scripture, God is talking to you! He shows u how to live a happy, fulfilling, abundant life without borrowing from men traditions.
Now i invite you to pick up your “instruction manual” and examine what God says about birthdays.

Birthdays in the Bible

Birthday celebrations are mentioned in the Bible on two or three separate occasions and, in each case, something terrible occurred. I'm sure you did skiped this, i will recontruct it for you to see it clearly. These three accounts bear brief examination.
First ACC is in Genesis. The Egyptian king Pharaoh, celebrated his birthday by executing his chief baker (Gen. 40:1-23).
Note: This was during his birthday party, according to the interpretation God gave to Joseph. As the dream had foretold, the baker was hung at the party.

Second ACC is from the NT, Herod the tetrarch reluctantly ordered the beheading of John the Baptist (Matt. 14:3-11) make sure you notice verse 6: “But when Herod’s birthday was kept…” During the dancing and merry making at his "birthday party", Herod got carried away and eventualy made a promise that he did not want to keep.
As a result, a great servant of God lost his life. (John the Baptist).

I think there is a similar account in the book of Job, these parties were obviously not centered around any kind of celebration related to God, or Job would not have worried that his children may ve sinned during these celebration feasts. He was not exactly sure what was going on in their minds, but the very celebration of their birthdays triggered great concern in him (see verse:5). Apparently, during the birthday party, God allowed Satan to kill all 10 of Job’s childre through what appears to be a tornado (vs. 6-13, 18-19).

Job 1:4 The Bible says that Job’s seven sons “went and feasted in their houses, "every one his day"; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them”

If you read forther in Job chapter 3 you will see a proof that these birthday celebrations displeased God. Because Job spend time cursing every aspect of the day of his birth.
Job words make plain and clear that there is nothing good about the day of a man’s birth.

Conclusion to your Question above, You cannot invent what is not writen in the bible to be a pratcise for God, Scripture has enough for us to follow.

It is true that the above scriptures do not contain a direct condemnation of birthdays stating: “Thou shalt not…” or something similar.
But consider for a moment the central lesson of each of these ACCs.
They represent the only three birthday parties described in the entire Bible. "Absolute disaster" occurred on each occasion!

Now my question for you, if God felt birthday celebrations were something positive and good, why wouldn’t God record one other account where something either good or positive happened? I bet you, there is no such account in the entire Scripture.

The question goes to you also, please tell us if God forgot to record Christ birthday? undecided
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Todaynatoday: 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2012
plappville:

If He does, it will still work for Him, people who do not care what the scripture says, but follow men traditions will accept whatever is put to them:
Matthew 15:9 They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.'"
That was sarcasm my dear
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

I told you to drop this date issue. So if its celebrated sometime mid year, it will not be a fraud abi? Is there any date one can celebrate the birth of Christ? A pagan feast free day? If you know of such kindly advice those that celebrate Xmas so they can reschedule the Xmas feast.

You should asked, Did Christ ever want His birthday to be celebrated? how much more fake a date, You sinned by faking this date if you don't know.
Have ever asked yourself if this Pope was truelly instructed by God to change this pagan feast to Christ"s?, and why should God give such instruction outside the Scripture?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

It is not a must. And frankly my approach to it is to see treat it like any other national holiday. But do I partake in some of the activities? Yes, I exchange cards (even with Muslim friends & colleagues grin), & gifts too. But to say it was wrong for my Catholic & pentecostal brothers to celebrate Christmas in a proper manner is something I don't agree with.

That you disagree with it does not make it scriptural undecided
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy: And just before I sign off, I will like to use this opportunity to wish my anti-xmas brother's and sister (ljawkid, truthislight & plappville) a very merry Xmas celebration. Wishing you a 'bombastic' Xmas . Please don't drink and drive, I very much want to read your posts in year 2013 smiley

Enjoy your YULE feast recipes alone bro...i no won feel you here @ all.... grin grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
plappville:

The question goes to you also, please tell us if God forgot to record Christ birthday? undecided
you didn't answer me o. When the angels and Shepherd celebrated the birth of christ were they doing pagan things? If God was against celebrating Christ birth why would his Angels do it? grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 4:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

Hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

Bros this is not fair na grin how you go reject my goodwill message angry

if the message was just you Zikky wishing us well, fine.

But you added something that has a root with demonicc wordhipers.

Satan is very cunning.

Dont forget there is nothing wrong with the eating of bread but that same bread turned to a temptation to christ, so, keep your christmas good will.

You can give it to me after today. 25th. Lol.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 4:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
ijawkid:

Hmmmm......your comparing clothing(a necessity) with a pagan observance shows how deep the xmas has gotten into you ..................if Jesus was alive today he would wear trousers...if not he'll walk around butt naked.........you surprise me with your analogies......if early christians had to abandon jewish festivals which they were once commanded to observe just to make sure they follow Christ,I wonder why you guys would steal a pagan festival to celebrate Christ and expect Christ to open his teeth and smile...........................for your info the bible encouraged wearing of clothes............but you do know bible principles as regards paganism and idol worship..............if you had existed in the times of the isrealite and you adopt pagan customs even if you choose to use it to serve God,you'll be struck dead............

No be small thing ooo, see comparing na, all is to validate a pagan feast shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.