Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20611 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
Paxchal: you didn't answer me o. When the angels and Shepherd celebrated the birth of christ were they doing pagan things? If God was against celebrating Christ birth why would his Angels do it? grin

And who told you it was birthday they celebrated? was Christ yet 1yr old when they visited him?

didnt you see the records of birthday events both in the OT and NT? are you saying God forgot to include Christ own? and how many yrs old are you celebrating today?

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 4:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
alexleo: You people are just making noise.
We are celebrating the birth of Jesus. A pagan cannot celebrate Jesus so what you people are saying here doesnt make sense.

your words!

I wished you were the judge and have the final say.

But as it is, you are just hoping you will get a reward.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
truthislight:

birth day celebration is not an example set for us by the Jews faithful/partriachs and the christians followers of christ.

The celebration of birthday is a partan shown to be of wordhipers of satan.

"salvation originate from the Jews. John 4:22

^^^ else you will be following a partan that is clearly synonimouse with the Gentile and wordhipers of satan.

It is your choice my friend.

The sister is doing her best to show that we should follow the example set for us if we dont want to take any risk of making mistake.

God Yahweh and satan dont shear anything in common.

You cannot either slave for two masters.

God and the tradition of men that was set by satan for the befor christ came and befor Yahweh revealed his law to israel.

Did you think that Yahweh forgot the date of christ birth if the day of christ birth was really important?

Tell them ooo, Gentile Pope knows better than the Apostles of Christ...
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Todaynatoday: 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
And to those saying that angels celebrated Jesus' birthday, you should know that there was nothing to celebrate at all. They already knew Jesus was coming to earth to reunite us with His Father, heck, they already knew Him in heaven, why would they celebrate His incarnation as a man. They were celebrating because of the salvation of men.
Luke 2:10-14
King James Version
(KJV)
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of
great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling
clothes, lying in a manger.
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising
God, and saying,
14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
They were celebrating because God had sent His Son to save us and reunite us with His Father.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 4:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
alexleo: The birth of christ and his death are the same. It was his death for our redemption that brought about his birth.

if they are the same, why did christ remember and commanded that his death be comomerated but forgot his birth?

You have been deceived by a certain pope.

Retraced your steps while there is still time.
Peace.

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 4:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

I don't see an anything. I have asked for a non pagan date. Please stop talking about pagan date if you cannot provide a non-pagan date appropriate for celebrating Christmas.

Here you come again, Do you think God does not want those who serve Him to recognize these most important birthdays?
Only the Scripture results for the birth dates of some of God’s greatest servants.

Abraham: Referred to three times in the Bible as God’s “friend” 2 Chronicles 20:7 Are not you our God, who did drive out the inhabitants of this land before your people Israel, and gave it to the descendants of Abraham your friend forever?

The bible does not record the birth date of this truly great servant of God.

Moses: Referred to as the meekest man on the face of the earth; Numbers 12:3 (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men who were upon the face of the earth.)

The Scripture does not tell us when he was born either.

King David: Called “a man after [God’s] own heart (Acts 13:21-22)

You can see there is not one verse of Scripture describing anyone celebrating the births of these righteous men which we claim to be following thier steps.
In fact, the Bible is silent on the exact dates of the births of all God’s faithful servants. Jacob, Sarah, Noah, Abel, Samuel, Job, Esther, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Peter, Paul, James (Christ’s brother), and the rest of the apostles. Even the birth date of Jesus Christ goes unrecorded in the Bible! Until A Pope took the authority to invent 25th which you people embrassed. Not willing to follow the Examples of the above names. S...M...H!!

4 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 4:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
Paxchal: you didn't answer me o. When the angels and Shepherd celebrated the birth of christ were they doing pagan things? If God was against celebrating Christ birth why would his Angels do it? grin

Did the angels commemorate it??................the angels were happy that the means through which God would save mankind has been sent to the earth.....you think the angels were dancing azonto exchanging gifts in heaven because Jesus was born??......you think after that day Jesus was born d angels commemorated Jesus' birthday year in year out??............

All Jews back then were happy that the long promised messiah had been born,but commemorating the birthday of the meSsiah was never part of there agenda ...........never!!!!!........the idea of memorializing the birthday of Jesus stemmed from professed christians who did not want to abandon paganism completely..........

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 4:45pm On Dec 25, 2012
alexleo: Blind argument. If Jesus wasnt born would he have died? And if not for his death whats the need of him being born?
The song you sing is coined from the bible abi? The birth of JESUS we celebrate is in the bible. Luke 2:9-15,20. The angels and the shepherd celebrated it and thats what we are doing.

the bible says, better is the day of ones death than the day of ones birth.

The truth remains that there is no example of any of all faithful servant of God celebrating birthday.

But there are examples of satan wordhipers celebrating birthdays.

Whose example are you following = satan wordhipers examples.

"the things written afore times were written for our own instructions" the bible says.

Stop being emotional and face the facts.

You are following an example set by wordhipers of satan.

You are not following an example of any servant of Yahweh on this.

You are on your own.

Like Ijawkid said, if the jews that became christians had to abandon the things of the law covanant, how much more the things of pegan satan wordhipers.

Stop celebrating birthdays, as a christian you have no example to that end except that set by satan's wordhipers.
Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 4:46pm On Dec 25, 2012
Todaynatoday: And to those saying that angels celebrated Jesus' birthday, you should know that there was nothing to celebrate at all. They already knew Jesus was coming to earth to reunite us with His Father, heck, they already knew Him in heaven, why would they celebrate His incarnation as a man. They were celebrating because of the salvation of men.

They were celebrating because God had sent His Son to save us and reunite us with His Father.

They quite understand what those scriptures says, they will pretend to twist it to suit "Christ birthday" bible did not make mistake.

It would have definately included Christ's birthday, like it was recorded for HEROD AND PHEROAH!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 4:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
ijawkid:

Did the angels commemorate it??................the angels were happy that the means through which God would save mankind has been sent to the earth.....you think the angels were dancing azonto exchanging gifts in heaven because Jesus was born??...... you think after that day Jesus was born d angels commemorated Jesus' birthday year in year out?? ............

All Jews back then were happy that the long promised messiah had been born,but commemorating the birthday of the meSsiah was never part of there agenda ...........never!!!!!........the idea of memorializing the birthday of Jesus stemmed from professed christians who did not want to abandon paganism completely..........

Asked him how old was Jesus when this claimed birthday was celebrated by the angels and when was it repeated in the Scripture grin grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
truthislight:

the bible says, better is the day of ones death than the day of ones birth.

The truth remains that there is no example of any of all faithful servant of God celebrating birthday.

But there are examples of satan wordhipers celebrating birthdays.

Whose example are you following = satan wordhipers examples.

"the things written afore times were written for our own instructions" the bible says.

Stop being emotional and face the facts.

You are following an example set by wordhipers of satan.

You are not following an example of any servant of Yahweh on this.

You are on your own.

Like Ijawkid said, if the jews that became christians had to abandon the things of the law covanant, how much more the things of pegan satan wordhipers.

Stop celebrating birthdays, as a christian you have no example to that end except that set by satan's wordhipers.
Peace.

Honestly, a good way to follow God's servants is the Bolded....nice one bro!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
The angels celebrated the birth of christ and if you are talking about how people celebrate it in our time thats a different issue. But condemning the whole idea of celebrating the birth of christ is where i disagree with you. There is nothing wrong in having a family worship or going to church service or giving gifts on this day to celebrate that once upon a time in bethlehem Jesus was born. Am not even arguing that 25th december is the exact date. I just see it as a day we remember the birth of Jesus. I dont even care about the name christmas or xmas (as some of you call it). I only care about the birth of Jesus that is being celebrated.
ijawkid:

Smh!!!!!...........the angels and shepherds celebrated xmas??......are you dreaming??....oya please tell me date the angels and shepherd celebrated christs birth and if they commemorated it.........did they commemorate it like you are doing??...did they run around with xmas trees in heaven and firing knockouts??.............oh now you see that the customs of christmas are an exact replica of pagan celebration.....

And as regards Jesus' birth you err......Jesus' birth could not have meant much as his death,because he had existed before descending to the earth.........it is death that Jesus had to taste before we can gain salvation that is why he said it with his mouth that the last supper be commemorated exactly the way he did it.....you see how Jesus set the pace in the way Christians should observe the last supper??.......nothing about xmas is in the scriptures......nothing!!!!!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
Todaynatoday: Abegi, Christmas is not a celebration of Christ's birth, it is just another public holiday when you remember:
* christmas tree
* satan claus a.k.a father christmas (na im kukuma get am)
* elves and the north pole
* snowman
* to throw fire crackers and disturb my peace
* that chicken & rice is suddenly so important
* to go to beach and have fun (woo hoo, Jesus would be so pleased)
* to go clubbing (praise the lord somebody)
Although I have no qualms with christmas, I just hate it when people try to paint it as something that is so important. Maybe it used to be about the birth of Christ but now, christmas has lost its' essence. Pagans have reclaimed their celebration (maybe the pope should change it to the celebration of Jesus' baptism)

lol.

You sure have a fine sense of humor.

"Lets go to da club and say hallelujah some body, it jesus birthday!"
^^

@Zikky you are invited.

Chrismas/mess indeed.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 5:00pm On Dec 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

Whose truth? your truth or Christ's truth?

You are partaking in an unscriptural feast and you think its Christ truth? shocked shocked
Na waoh.!!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 5:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
alexleo: The angels celebrated the birth of christ and if you are talking about how people celebrate it in our time thats a different issue. But condemning the whole idea of celebrating the birth of christ is where i disagree with you. There is nothing wrong in having a family worship or going to church service or giving gifts on this day to celebrate that once upon a time in bethlehem Jesus was born. Am not even arguing that 25th december is the exact date. I just see it as a day we remember the birth of Jesus. I dont even care about the name christmas or xmas (as some of you call it). I only care about the birth of Jesus that is being celebrated.

Surely, the POPE that invented Xmas has made His name in the guiness book of record. Very easy to distroy but difficult to repair.

There is nothing wrong has been the tool Satan is using, Pastor Christ, tere is nothing wrong in masturb.....So many people will start enjoying themselve grin grin grin

If you want to do well, fellow the bible examples bros...leave pagan way of thinking and living!

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 5:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
alexleo: The angels celebrated the birth of christ and if you are talking about how people celebrate it in our time thats a different issue. But condemning the whole idea of celebrating the birth of christ is where i disagree with you. There is nothing wrong in having a family worship or going to church service or giving gifts on this day to celebrate that once upon a time in bethlehem Jesus was born. Am not even arguing that 25th december is the exact date. I just see it as a day we remember the birth of Jesus. I dont even care about the name christmas or xmas (as some of you call it). I only care about the birth of Jesus that is being celebrated.

My bro the basis for celebrating xmas is a shaky one.......no reason whatso ever can make xmas plausible as far as the scriptures are concerned..........you can always have good times as a family,but let it not be because of xmas..........

What should matter to us as christians is Christs sacrificial death......nothing more nothing less.......

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 5:10pm On Dec 25, 2012
TroGunn:

There is something unchristian about adopting a pagan celebration.

2 Corinthians 6:14 - "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness"?

To those who want to celebrate Christ, they were expressly instructed by Christ to celebrate his death.

Like 22:19 - "And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me .""

This is what his apostles duly observed, Paul wrote

[size=16pt] 1 Corinthians 11:23- 27 - "For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me .” In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes".[/size]

My brother thank you jare, let the scriptures keep coming in...!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2012

was that "date"/birthday celebration?

Dont you know what a birth date/day is?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
ijawkid:

My bro the basis for celebrating xmas is a shaky one.......no reason whatso ever can make xmas plausible as far as the scriptures are concerned..........you can always have good times as a family,but let it not be because of xmas..........

What should matter to us as christians is Christs sacrificial death......nothing more nothing less.......

We do celebrates His death in the church i attend, every last sunday of the month, breaking of bread eat together after service.
But they also celebrate Christmas, giving thesame reason as our NL brothers... grin grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2012
truthislight:

was that "date"/birthday celebration?

Dont you know what a birth date/day is?

Confusion galore Arrrrgh..... grin grin grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2012
May God have mercy, paganic activities don too full Christianity, how person wan take sabi road so na? sad sad

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 6:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01: May God have mercy, paganic activities don too full Christianity, how person wan take sabi road so na? sad sad

The scripture is your tool bro...some of us were inside this fake thing before our eyes got opened! Hold on to the Scripture, it has all the guide you may desire in life;

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01: May God have mercy, paganic activities don too full Christianity, how person wan take sabi road so na? sad sad

Study any reputable encyclopedia or visit a well stocked public library and you will discover tht Christmas was celebrated by immoral, pagan idol worshippers.
People who many times sacrificed their children to pagan gods 2,000 years before Christ was born! December 25th originally marked the time of the winter solstice.

These idol worshippers held pagan festivals to celebrate the “rebirth” of the sun when the days began to lengthen.
None of these christians that celebrate Christmas were able to rightfully answer the question i asked in the thread. Its so obvious, they have no biblical backing this old feast.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
plappville:

The scripture is your tool bro...some of us were inside this fake thing before our eyes got opened! Hold on to the Scripture, it has all the guide you may desire in life;

As if it's easy!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 6:26pm On Dec 25, 2012
plappville:

Study any reputable encyclopedia or visit a well stocked public library and you will discover tht Christmas was celebrated by immoral, pagan idol worshippers.
People who many times sacrificed their children to pagan gods 2,000 years before Christ was born! December 25th originally marked the time of the winter solstice.

These idol worshippers held pagan festivals to celebrate the “rebirth” of the sun when the days began to lengthen.
None of these christians that celebrate Christmas were able to rightfully answer the question i asked in the thread. Its so obvious, they have no biblical backing this old feast.

Hmmmm, interesting.... Going to find out time to check things up myself.
Thanks for this thread sha. cool
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by eddyspice(m): 6:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
plappville:

Here you come again, Do you think God does not want those who serve Him to recognize these most important birthdays?
Only the Scripture results for the birth dates of some of God’s greatest servants.

Abraham: Referred to three times in the Bible as God’s “friend” 2 Chronicles 20:7 Are not you our God, who did drive out the inhabitants of this land before your people Israel, and gave it to the descendants of Abraham your friend forever?

The bible does not record the birth date of this truly great servant of God.

Moses: Referred to as the meekest man on the face of the earth; Numbers 12:3 (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men who were upon the face of the earth.)

The Scripture does not tell us when he was born either.

King David: Called “a man after [God’s] own heart (Acts 13:21-22)

You can see there is not one verse of Scripture describing anyone celebrating the births of these righteous men which we claim to be following thier steps.
In fact, the Bible is silent on the exact dates of the births of all God’s faithful servants. Jacob, Sarah, Noah, Abel, Samuel, Job, Esther, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Peter, Paul, James (Christ’s brother), and the rest of the apostles. Even the birth date of Jesus Christ goes unrecorded in the Bible! Until A Pope took the authority to invent 25th which you people embrassed. Not willing to follow the Examples of the above names. S...M...H!!
thanks for ur point.many people seem to forget that december 25th pick by a pope as Jesus birthday was bitterly contested against by bishops of eastern Europe who decided to celebrate thiers on January 6th,a clear indication dat Jesus never commanded any one to celebrate his birth

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2012
Scripture explains the day of a man’s death is better than the day of his birth.

Jeremiah cursed the day of his own birth:
Jer 20:14 Cursed be the day on which I was born: let not the day on which my mother bore me be blessed.

18 Why did I ever come out of the womb to see trouble and sorrow and to end my days in shame?

Bithday is very important yet Solomon was inspired to write:(Ecc. 7:1) “A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one’s birth”

Job didn't stop cursing the day He was born, you can read the whole of chapter 3:
Job 3: 1After this, Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth. 2He said:

3“May the day of my birth perish,
and the night it was said, ‘A boy is born!’
4That day—may it turn to darkness;
may God above not care about it;
may no light shine upon it.

If the day of our death is better than the day of our birth, and some of God’s greatest servants/prophets
said that their birth date was far from being a special day, then how special can this day be?
According to Scripture, it is not a time to express joy, sing and expect gifts, simply becaus one is born into the world on a specific date!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2012
ijawkid:

It will also be wrong my bro......that would be presumptuousness........did Jesus tell you to......this is why I say it is the celebrants of the xmas that end up been selfish.....you project your own longing for merriment and feel you can squeeze Jesus into it........
1...Did Jesus celebrate his own birthday??NO
2...Did he beg or command his disciples to commemorate his birthday after his ascension??.....NO...

So why on earth would you wanna celebrate his birthday??...........

Let the figure you are celebrating give the go-ahead first.........and worse of all you have rubbed Jesus along with paganism........that's why I say its an insult to Jesus......he would be shaking his head in heaven......

Oga, stop dancing azonto round my question angry just answer yes or no then provide support that's all. So is my action a sin? simple yes or no dey hard again angry
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01:

Hmmmm, interesting.... Going to find out time to check things up myself.
Thanks for this thread sha. cool
In Christ service bro, John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

God help you in your research bro....!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 6:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
eddy spice: thanks for ur point.many people seem to forget that december 25th pick by a pope as Jesus birthday was bitterly contested against by bishops of eastern Europe who decided to celebrate thiers on January 6th,a clear indication dat Jesus never commanded any one to celebrate his birth

That's the spirit of adding to the word of God, they can't agree as it was never Scriptural at the first place!

Thanks for contributing bro!

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 6:55pm On Dec 25, 2012
truthislight:

what is this your argument attacking?
Did Ijawkid say you should follow his law or that christmas is not biblcal?

Men, be honest.

Are we to follow pope or the law of christ?

Why follow a pegan command if you say you are a follower of christ?

Am not following any pagan command. Am just celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. To you its a pagan command and to me its not. Yes we are to follow the law of christ and there is no place that christ said we shouldnt celebrate his birth either. What the angels did when Jesus was born is what we are doing.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
alexleo:

Am not following any pagan command. Am just celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. To you its a pagan command and to me its not. Yes we are to follow the law of christ and there is no place that christ said we shouldnt celebrate his birth either. What the angels did when Jesus was born is what we are doing.

Was Jesus actually born on the 25th of December?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.