Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,712 members, 7,802,158 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Discover Yourself - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Discover Yourself (635 Views)

Discover Yourself / Scientists Discover Hell: As Astronauts Find Heaven (paperback) / Scientists Discover Hell: As Astronauts Find Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Discover Yourself by felibiz: 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2012
Do you desire success?Do you feel because of your condition or age that a purposeful and satisfying life is out of reach? Remember that no matter what you are going through,there are two possible outcome - better or worst.[img][/img]

For those who choose the better option,there is need for FOCUS.Without focus it is easy for you to forget,after a failed attempt,that good things may still happen.
You may not achieve good things with regret over the past but can through a redirected focus,readiness to look at your real conditions in the face and actively resolve to change them.

Anyone who is truly not satisfied with his or her situation do wish for change. This may be in relationship,studies,employment or life in general.Sometimes,though,you want change,you believe in it and you know it is achievable but you still find it difficult to hit the right choice,a vital and most important ingredient for personality and economic change.

Each time you stand up for change,do you find yourself chasing what often result in change but which falls below your desired economic and personality change?

If you find yourself in the situation cited above,then pay attention.If not,then learn from this article.It helped me,others and can also help you.It is often said that whatever one wants to become or achieve,starts with the end in mind.

That is, it start with the picture of how it will be like when it is finally achieved.But to make it happen,it goes beyond dreams.It involves positive and active steps to turn dreams into reality,which eventually becomes success.

In achieving this there is need for you to discover yourself.This personal self discovery includes,among all other things,self examination and your activities both past and present.This will help answer some basic questions and create readiness to act. Ask yourself:
(1) Presently,what are my personality and economic status?
(2) What do I really want to be?
(3) Why am I not yet who I want to be?
(4)How prepared am I to tackle my observed problems,setting aside fear and sentiment?

Now,provide real answers to those questions without deceiving yourself.Then you need to start working towards correcting your observed problem(s).At this stage,there is need for you to create a vision of yourself and set goals that are achievable.Show positive attitude and take actions.

Avoid "if only I have this or that". Hamilton Wright Mabie once wrote: "the question for each man to settle is not what he would do if he had means,time,influence and educational advantages;the question is what he would do with the things he has.The moment a young man ceases to dream or bemoan his lack of opportunities and resolutely looks his condition in the face,and resolves to change them,he lays a coner-stone of a solid and honorable success".

Do not forget,there is no need to be afraid that you will fail.Failure is part of a learning process,learn from it. Be focus,careful handling of your present situations is vital so as to avoid the mistakes of the past.Do not put on false personality with the pretence of dreaming big.Avoid accommodating sentiment and unrealistic goals in the name of faith or hope.

Written by [url]Felix Ibizugbe [/url]

(1) (Reply)

Photo Quotes / My First Day At Work For Madam By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo / Beauty Clouds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.