Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,204 members, 7,780,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:06 PM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (180238 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:56pm On Jan 19, 2013
n.oxide:

as in changing the apn?

i gave out my glo line out of network frustration since 2009
That was then. You may need to get a new Glo now and join us as we are rocking the internet with Glo BB plans on phones and other devices.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:02pm On Jan 19, 2013
4bobo: i wanted to roll my data over by subscribing to monthly. Initially , i tested it with weekly and wanted to go for monthly but it is not working because weekly has to be deactivated
No! No!! No!!! You don't understand me. I am asking which weekly plan you buy earlier, is it Soweek or Coweek? Again, which monthly plan were you trying to buy when your weekly plan was still active, was it Comonth or Somonth? I hope it is clear now. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by guardian09(m): 2:53am On Jan 20, 2013
efewhoa: @Guardian09 and luluosa thanks It'a working now grin grin grin
You are WeLcome
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 5:53am On Jan 20, 2013
luluosas:
No! No!! No!!! You don't understand me. I am asking which weekly plan you buy earlier, is it Soweek or Coweek? Again, which monthly plan were you trying to buy when your weekly plan was still active, was it Comonth or Somonth? I hope it is clear now. Thank you.
thanks very much. I was using coweek .before and wanted to activate somonth, but now it has auto renew on coweek but I will like to use somonth. hope I have explained better. thanks.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Dabss(m): 6:37am On Jan 20, 2013
Rocking glo's Somonth @N1200 for 3GB on my iPhone
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 20, 2013
luluosas:
You mean this evening? I experienced this issue this morning but, I am try to connect now and the situation. Thank you.

its been down since yesterday morning till this very moment. I'm back on zain bb plan. I see glo to have the most unstable network so far, that was the reason I dumped my first glo number. it was because of this freebie plan that made me go back to it. how can a data signal be off for more than 24 hours, they need to get their acts right.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by ITbomb(m): 7:27am On Jan 20, 2013
enitan2002:

its been down since yesterday morning till this very moment. I'm back on zain bb plan. I see glo to have the most unstable network so far, that was the reason I dumped my first glo number. it was because of this freebie plan that made me go back to it. how can a data signal be off for more than 24 hours, they need to get their acts right.
That is why I still prefer airtel, I'm yet to catch this glo bug after much bad experiences with them
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 20, 2013
I dropped my Glo sim last year precisely January 2012 and switched over to etisalat. Etisalat has been wonderfull both in speed and uptime in my area until November last year when i noticed the speed is being throttled down when you download up to certain MB, not even up to 1GB after which the BIS signal disappear and reappear for about two days and they claim their bis is unlimited.
Now i have dug out my glo sim and just discovered that the speed is just like rocket and is very stable in my area. GOODBYE TO ETISALAT for now

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 20, 2013
Can anyone using BB phone tell me how to use wifi hotspot with active Glo BIS subscription. I set up my BB wifi hotspot but each time i want to connect, it gives message stating activation required by service provider
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Hotdiamond(m): 10:25am On Jan 20, 2013
ITbomb:
That is why I still prefer airtel, I'm yet to catch this glo bug after much bad experiences with them
personally i value stability more than size of bandwidth. i still stick to the airtel 1gig for 1200 plan because of this. Another thing is that the airtel plan doesn't expire until you exhust your the bandwidth provided[except those using it directly on their blackberry phones]. Without internet access my phone is almost useless.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by ITbomb(m): 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hotdiamond: personally i value stability more than size of bandwidth. i still stick to the airtel 1gig for 1200 plan because of this. Another thing is that the airtel plan doesn't expire until you exhust your the bandwidth provided[except those using it directly on their blackberry phones]. Without internet access my phone is almost useless.
One other advantage of airtel is , if you are using ur fone as modem and calls, u get a special tariff of about 10 Naira per min to all networks when u subscribe the BSM.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Hotdiamond(m): 1:25pm On Jan 20, 2013
ITbomb:
One other advantage of airtel is , if you are using ur fone as modem and calls, u get a special tariff of about 10 Naira per min to all networks when u subscribe the BSM.
Thats very true. My call rates have bin very low Since i started using it. Now i know the reason
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Jeffy1206(m): 1:51pm On Jan 20, 2013
luluosas:
That will only happen if you still have 'active' subscription before buying another plan, I think that is the way it is. But, subscribing to a new plan without active subscription will never be immediate as this has been my experience twice. Thank you.
but I send cancel afta de xpire tion of the plan
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Jeffy1206(m): 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2013
ITbomb:
no wonder when my bsm was active my calls were veri cheap...
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
4bobo:
thanks very much. I was using coweek .before and wanted to activate somonth, but now it has auto renew on coweek but I will like to use somonth. hope I have explained better. thanks.
I still need answer to this,
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Lawalmd(m): 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
my 3gb is almost exhausted and it's not yet near my expiration date how do i subscribe for a new plan?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by venorite(m): 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
luluosas:
Pls have had only edge on my iPad using this bb subscription. Even if i insert it into another fone, it's still edge.but my sis Glo is blazing with 3G
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by sundayid(m): 6:01am On Jan 21, 2013
am using dis now on my htc Mytouch 4G. The 3G signal is very stable in my area(ipaja) only dat I prefer using edge coz of my batt.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:32am On Jan 21, 2013
4bobo:
Yes, I get you better now.
To begin, you cannot migrate from a 'Co' plan to a 'So' plan. What I will advice you to do now is to exhaust your remaining volume on the 'Coweek' plan before you can subscribe to the 'Somonth' plan, but, you have to cancel the auto renewal on the Coweek so that your plan is not automatically renewed when you exhaust your allocated data volume on the Coweek plan. Send CANCEL to 777 to stop the auto renewal status.
When you have successfully stop auto renew then, you can subscribe to the Somonth for N1,200 only for 3GB data volume. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:35am On Jan 21, 2013
venorite:
Pls have had only edge on my iPad using this bb subscription. Even if i insert it into another fone, it's still edge.but my sis Glo is blazing with 3G
You mean in the same location? May be 3G service is not 'switch on' on your iPad. However, please, contact Glo on twitter at www.twitter.com/GlobacomLimited Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:40am On Jan 21, 2013
enitan2002:

Just to correct a few thing here.
This Glo BB plan working on phones and other devices is NEVER a freebie. Rather, it is the legal Glo BB plans that we are using on other phones, devices and modems. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by venorite(m): 10:54am On Jan 21, 2013
@luluosas Glo hasn't replied me on twitter and the 3G on mynipad is on. It seems to from the sim card cos wen I insert it in other fones I still get only edge.is there any settings I can do to help
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by LeJeun3: 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
venorite: @luluosas Glo hasn't replied me on twitter and the 3G on mynipad is on. It seems to from the sim card cos wen I insert it in other fones I still get only edge.is there any settings I can do to help
a SIM swap will solve ur problem, or call in for a provisioning!
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 12:13pm On Jan 21, 2013
venorite: @luluosas Glo hasn't replied me on twitter and the 3G on mynipad is on. It seems to from the sim card cos wen I insert it in other fones I still get only edge.is there any settings I can do to help
Absolutely none. Can you please call 444 as this may help. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
luluosas:
Yes, I get you better now.
To begin, you cannot migrate from a 'Co' plan to a 'So' plan. What I will advice you to do now is to exhaust your remaining volume on the 'Coweek' plan before you can subscribe to the 'Somonth' plan, but, you have to cancel the auto renewal on the Coweek so that your plan is not automatically renewed when you exhaust your allocated data volume on the Coweek plan. Send CANCEL to 777 to stop the auto renewal status.
When you have successfully stop auto renew then, you can subscribe to the Somonth for N1,200 only for 3GB data volume. Thank you.
thanks very much. you are always helpful,that was what I was searching for.
please anyone has solution to the connection cutting off on pc? after some connection time,it cut off, though I noticed that the Mega bite used is smaller than the readings comparing with my etisalat data? any one noticed?I think all other network s are really shortcharging us,Nigerians. I noticed it while watching online movies and downloading.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
4bobo:
thanks very much. you are always helpful,that was what I was searching for.
please anyone has solution to the connection cutting off on pc? after some connection time,it cut off, though I noticed that the Mega bite used is smaller than the readings comparing with my etisalat data? any one noticed?I think all other network s are really shortcharging us,Nigerians. I noticed it while watching online movies and downloading.
I think the continuous disconnection is a Glo network problem(s).
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
Please, I just saw that they have replied you already on twitter.
@GlobacomLimited pls have not had 3G network on my sim card for 3days now while people around me get 3G,how do I correct this??
https://twitter.com/Venorite/status/293286990697361408
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by venorite(m): 8:55pm On Jan 21, 2013
luluosas:
Please, I just saw that they have replied you already on twitter.
They just asked me questions as regards the phone am using, they didn't give me a solution,..I finally fixed it sha..thanks alot
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
venorite:
They just asked me questions as regards the phone am using, they didn't give me a solution,..I finally fixed it sha..thanks alot
You are welcome.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Chitexs250(m): 12:01am On Jan 22, 2013
venorite:
Please how did u manage to fix it cos mine is giving me problems
I use an iPhone when I switch to edge I can browse normal but anytime I switch to 3G it tends to break and at times it won't connect to Internet at all until I go back to edge.
So please I need steps on how to get my 3G working
Thanks
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by durtman: 5:59am On Jan 22, 2013
guys what can be d problem when i first try using d glo bis on my pc it didnt work even after putting all d apn but airtel was working well abt 2days after i went to another area nd decided to try d glo and it worked also d airtel worked too,but yesterday wen i got back to my area d glo didnt work again and d airtel was working fine could dis mean that glo network is not ok in my area?but if i put d sim in my fone it browses well just dont understand what can be wrong any idea in da house?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:01am On Jan 22, 2013
durtman: guys what can be d problem when i first try using d glo bis on my pc it didnt work even after putting all d apn but airtel was working well abt 2days after i went to another area nd decided to try d glo and it worked also d airtel worked too,but yesterday wen i got back to my area d glo didnt work again and d airtel was working fine could dis mean that glo network is not ok in my area?but if i put d sim in my fone it browses well just dont understand what can be wrong any idea in da house?
Was it the same PC you used in your location that you also outside your location? Let get started from there. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (102)

Tecno M5 discussion thread / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.