Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,887 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (180492 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by xzit(m): 11:54am On Jan 22, 2013
luluosas:
Was it the same PC you used in your location that you also outside your location? Let get started from there. Thank you.

@luluosas, pls which of the glo modem can be unblocked for usage wit other networks? am at d glo office right now and wanna get one. please reply asap.
thanks
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by jude33084(m): 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
Luluosas God will bless you for this discovery and the mind to show it to Nairalanders free smiley

Walaihi I am enjoying it wink
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by ITbomb(m): 2:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
durtman: ,but yesterday wen i got back to my area d glo didnt work again and d airtel was working fine could dis mean that glo network is not ok in my area?but if i put d sim in my fone it browses well just dont understand what can be wrong any idea in da house?
I think you have put the network on ur pc on 3g and 3g is not in ur area and it could not switch automatically to EDGE.
Just thinking
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by OCTAVO: 5:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
Pls will i still browse free when my subscription is pending on soweek? Or is it perculiar to somonth alone?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
xzit:

@luluosas, pls which of the glo modem can be unblocked for usage wit other networks? am at d glo office right now and wanna get one. please reply asap.
thanks
Please, I am sorry for coming very late. In case you didn't buy again today, you should go for Glo NetPro when next you want to buy. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
OCTAVO: Pls will i still browse free when my subscription is pending on soweek? Or is it perculiar to somonth alone?
Yes of course. As soon as you subscribe and your status is pending, you will be browsing free until it is activated. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
jude33084: Luluosas God will bless you for this discovery and the mind to show it to Nairalanders free smiley

Walaihi I am enjoying it wink
Thank you. In as much as this discovery was NOT illegal seeing it is the legal Glo BB plans we are still using, the best I could was to share it.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by broomstick: 8:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
Luluosas, Pls my samsung galaxy hasnt been connecting after entering the parameters .my 1200 has equally been deducted but i cant seem to understand what the problem is
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
broomstick: Luluosas, Pls my samsung galaxy hasnt been connecting after entering the parameters .my 1200 has equally been deducted but i cant seem to understand what the problem is
Please, can highlight the details you entered on your device?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by broomstick: 8:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
Name:Glo Blackberry
APN: blackberry.net
Proxy:
username:
password:
i sent somonth to 777 and i got a response saying the blakberry activation is pending and that my blackberry bonus is 0
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
broomstick: Name:Glo Blackberry
APN: blackberry.net
Proxy:
username:
password:
i sent somonth to 777 and i got a response saying the blakberry activation is pending and that my blackberry bonus is 0
The configuration is correct. You should be able to browse even when your subscription is pending activation. Meanwhile, have ever browse with that Sim card before?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by broomstick: 9:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
yeah even last week. what do i browse cos there's no 3G service in my area but there is Edge service anyway
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by broomstick: 9:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
therens another parameter called APN type: internet should i leave it or change it?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
broomstick: yeah even last week. what do i browse cos there's no 3G service in my area but there is Edge service anyway
Whether EDGE or 3G, you should be able to browse after subscribing to the Glo BB plans. Please, try call 444 and get back with the response you will get. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Dontripsy(m): 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
has anyone tried dis ish on any htc mobile? cos my htc only surfs wit glogwap and glosecure apns. does not connect wit gloflat and i dont want to take risks wit glo again cos of previous experience!
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
broomstick: therens another parameter called APN type: internet should i leave it or change it?
I don't seem to understand what you mean here. If there is options for network type on your device, please, choose any option that has 'Preferred' added but, not GSM preferred.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Seyilome(m): 9:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
at luluosas am grateful,i did it and they say pending and am just flexing with it but i sent Status to 777 but no reply pls what can send to check my balance and status like chacking acct balance,instead of msg
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
Dontripsy: has anyone tried dis ish on any htc mobile? cos my htc only surfs wit glogwap and glosecure apns. does not connect wit gloflat and i dont want to take risks wit glo again cos of previous experience!
Well, some people have posted here using the BB plan on HTC phones. However, the APN for this Glo BB plans is blackberry.net and not gloflat please. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Seyilome: at luluosas am grateful,i did it and they say pending and am just flexing with it but i sent Status to 777 but no reply pls what can send to check my balance and status like chacking acct balance,instead of msg
Dial *777*0# though I have never got my status that way. You can keep sending Status to 777 until you get a response. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by stephenponti(m): 9:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
broomstick: Luluosas, Pls my samsung galaxy hasnt been connecting after entering the parameters .my 1200 has equally been deducted but i cant seem to understand what the problem is

i suppose u must have at least #30 airtime on the sim card otherwise it might not connect, someone had experienced this issue before on this forum, and called 121 and was told he cannot browse with zero airtime on the phone.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
stephenponti:

i suppose u must have at least #30 airtime on the sim card otherwise it might not connect, someone had experienced this issue before on this forum, and called 121 and was told he cannot browse with zero airtime on the phone.
Well, I used to browse with 0.00 naira on my modem with this Glo BB plans.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
House, my battery is gone. Good night all.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by jafextra(m): 6:53am On Jan 23, 2013
@all thanks for this wonderful thread. Pls can I resubcsribed before my expiration date
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by durtman: 8:47am On Jan 23, 2013
luluosas:
Was it the same PC you used in your location that you also outside your location? Let get started from there. Thank you.

yes it was d same pc i used at my location that didnt connect and it connected in another location but what is surprising is that d network do conect with my phone in my location but once in d pc at my location its always saying connection failed
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:52am On Jan 23, 2013
HOW IT ALL STARTED:
Good morning fellow Nairalanders,
It was one night exactly one month ago (23/12/2012) that, the journey to the discovery of using the Glo Blackberry plans outside Blackberry devices started. With curiosity and determination, the huge mountain that hitherto stood on the way of Glo subscribers from using the legal Glo BB plans on other devices outside Blackberry devices came crashing down.
With the advice, ideas and passion that was generated by fellow Nairalanders here, we successfully put the Glo BB plans working on non Blackberry phones, modems and tablets, thereby relieving most of us the exorbitant price and miserable data volume obtainable on the Glo HSI platform. With the success of this great achievement, I owe everyone here the price. You are all wonderful.
Now that we all are enjoying this great feat, let's go ahead to inform those not yet in the picture that, Glo BB plans are working perfectly on phones and other devices. Thank you all for the support and assistance you have been offering here without soliciting for favour.
On this note, I want to please beg the ADMINS/MODERATORS on the phone section, to please make this thread to appear on the Front Page. This will definitely increase the reach, thereby creating more awareness about this working discovery of the Glo BB plans on phones and other devices. Thank you all and may God bless your day.

3 Likes

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:56am On Jan 23, 2013
jafextra: @all thanks for this wonderful thread. Pls can I resubcsribed before my expiration date
Yes, provided you are subscribing to the same family plan i.e if you are presently on a Coweek, you can subscribe to the same Coweek or Comonth. Again, if you are presently on a Soweek plan, you can either subscribe again to a Soweek or Somonth plan. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:09am On Jan 23, 2013
durtman:
yes it was d same pc i used at my location that didnt connect and it connected in another location but what is surprising is that d network do conect with my phone in my location but once in d pc at my location its always saying connection failed
Please, confirm if your connection is 3G/WCDMA/GSM/HSPDA/ 'only' and remove it from there and place it on 3G/WCDMA/GSM/HSPDA/ 'Preferred' This should solve it as it appears there is no 3G coverage in your location. If you are not clear, can you please call 08051516844. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by durtman: 9:13am On Jan 23, 2013
ITbomb:
I think you have put the network on ur pc on 3g and 3g is not in ur area and it could not switch automatically to EDGE.
Just thinking
dont know how to change setting of edge on my pc may be u can direct me .
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by rainmaker12(m): 9:19am On Jan 23, 2013
1st airtel opened the way, 1GB for 1200
2nd glo don follow, because deir customers don run....hehehe 3GB for 1400
3rd...............?

Who ll b d nxt? Nd wat data limit ll dey give?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Joe50(m): 11:43am On Jan 23, 2013
Glo browsing network is not reliable joor, d tin dey slow and atyms dey fast even when on 3g network

i still prefer Airtel cos dey have a very reliable network
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by OCTAVO: 11:56am On Jan 23, 2013
glo rocks in my location like mad! i dey even watch online tv with 2g. so i dont even bother using 3g network cos d tin dey chop battery.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by inuyasha01(m): 12:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
i'm currently using my BIS subscription for browsing on pc now. downloading movies.......... yipeeeee

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (102)

Tecno M5 discussion thread / Android, Anyone? / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.