Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,375 members, 7,781,050 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:03 AM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (180244 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2012
muyi.babs:

Hello bro. I had the activation problem too using my nokia phone. I then decided to put the SIM in a blackberry phone and I got activated. So I guess you may need to use a blackberry phone to get activated.
Also, I was unable to browse using WCDMA preferred but when I change to WCDMA only it started browsing. I will advice those who could not browse to try different network types and see which one works.
Thank you so much for your concern. I am fully back now and the network is super fast. The reply from blackberry.techsupport@gloworld.com put me in the picture of why my BB plan was not browsing. My money was returned to me on the 26th of December, 2012, hence my inability to browse since then. Though I am yet to receive activation SMS from 777 but, my connection speed is wonderful even though the speed test result is not good.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2012
francis247: A billion thanks to you. it is working perfectly. pls how do I check data balance?
Thank you. To check your data balance, text 'Status' to 777 and you will get your data balance. But, even though I am yet to get my plan activated according to 777,
Your subscription is pending activation. Kindly remove your battery and re-insert to connect in the next one hour. Thank you.You have 0 Blackberry bonus on your account:
I am browsing just fine right now with my BB Coweek plan.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:32pm On Dec 29, 2012
Good night all. Tomorrow is another to continue with the Glo BB Coweek working for me now.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by ewizard1: 11:53pm On Dec 29, 2012
luluosas:
Thank you so much for your concern. I am fully back now and the network is super fast. The reply from blackberry.techsupport@gloworld.com put me in the picture of why my BB plan was not browsing. My money was returned to me on the 26th of December, 2012, hence my inability to browse since then. Though I am yet to receive activation SMS from 777 but, my connection speed is wonderful even though the speed test result is not good.

Hey... Pls what software is dat picture below the Glo dashboard? Thanks.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by muyibabs: 12:52am On Dec 30, 2012
Has anyone tried this on an iPhone/iPad? I will try it as soon as I get a registered glo micro sim.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by adewasco2k(m): 1:42am On Dec 30, 2012
luluosas:
You seemed not to understand me. I am talking about internet signal (Upload/Download signal) when you clicked on Statistics icon on your Modem, not the network signal you shows on your post. Thank you.
i understand you totally....if you see my previous pix, i was trying to show you my download and upload speed...even with a one bar signal.....not necessarily on the statistic tab.

cheers

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by bisi16(m): 2:13am On Dec 30, 2012
luluosas: Good night all. Tomorrow is another to continue with the Glo BB Coweek working for me now.
U're truly a genius.. Thanx a million.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:19am On Dec 30, 2012
ewizard1:

Hey... Pls what software is dat picture below the Glo dashboard? Thanks.
It is an 'online' speed test for broadband connectivity on PCs offered by http://www.speedtest.net/ . They equally have a mobile speed test too for Android and iPhone which you need to download to your device http://www.speedtest.net/mobile.php
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:21am On Dec 30, 2012
muyi.babs:
Has anyone tried this on an iPhone/iPad? I will try it as soon as I get a registered glo micro sim.
Though no testimony here yet for iPhone/iPad but, since it works for Android, I am sure it will work there too. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:45am On Dec 30, 2012
adewasco2k:
i understand you totally....if you see my previous pix, i was trying to show you my download and upload speed...even with a one bar signal.....not necessarily on the statistic tab.

cheers
I understood you then. The issue was actually with my subscription. My subscription money was refunded to me on the 26 without any accompanying SMS so, I was thinking Glo ran some promos when I got N400 in my account, until I sent a mail to blackberry.techsupport@gloworld.com yesterday. They replied me and said, my subscription money was refunded. I then resubscribed last night and even though my subscription is not activated yet, I am browsing fine as I have pulled 44.53MB data already. If they ends up refunding this subscription money again without subscribing me, it means I am browsing free just like my earlier experience. Thank you.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by ewizard1: 7:51am On Dec 30, 2012
luluosas:
It is an 'online' speed test for broadband connectivity on PCs offered by http://www.speedtest.net/ . They equally have a mobile speed test too for Android and iPhone http://www.speedtest.net/mobile.php

Thanks bro... just downloaded the Android version.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:59am On Dec 30, 2012
ewizard1:

Good. Please, do upload your speed test result. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:00am On Dec 30, 2012
ewizard1:

Good. Please, do upload your speed test result whenever you make any one. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by timbros(m): 9:35am On Dec 30, 2012
Each time I insert another sim in the Airtel modem, it says

Only the Specified SIM/USIM card can be used on the device!

It doesnt ask me for unlock code.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by abrahym(m): 9:38am On Dec 30, 2012
has anyone tested somonth for 1200..i need reply pls
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 30, 2012
On iphone

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by celemel(m): 10:49am On Dec 30, 2012
I activated and tried SoMonth. My experience hasn't been very good. First, I sent SoMonth to 777 using Galaxy Note 10.1, and waited forever to be activated without success. Then,I transferred the SIM to a bb. After a few minutes, I got an sms that my blackberry device has been registered on the Glo network (of course it was a, borrow - borrow blackberry). I then configured the APN and switched back into the Galaxy. It worked for a few minutes and stopped. Since the last 48 hours service has been very erratic and intermittent. I have tried the SlM in other Samsung Devices and Huawei
Modems without any major breakthrough .And am located in Lagos mainland.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Davidbanky(m): 11:38am On Dec 30, 2012
tumababa: On iphone

Thanks bro ... Is it just the apn I will change or I shld change also the username and passwrd
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:49am On Dec 30, 2012
abrahym: has anyone tested somonth for 1200..i need reply pls
Not sure but, in as much as it work on Coweek and Comonth, I am sure it will work on Soweek and Somonth too. Just try it.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by muyibabs: 11:54am On Dec 30, 2012
celemel: I activated and tried SoMonth. My experience hasn't been very good. First, I sent SoMonth to 777 using Galaxy Note 10.1, and waited forever to be activated without success. Then,I transferred the SIM to a bb. After a few minutes, I got an sms that my blackberry device has been registered on the Glo network (of course it was a, borrow - borrow blackberry). I then configured the APN and switched back into the Galaxy. It worked for a few minutes and stopped. Since the last 48 hours service has been very erratic and intermittent. I have tried the SlM in other Samsung Devices and Huawei

Try and change your network type to WCDMA preferred when using a modem. Mine didn't work too when I was using WCDMA only until I changed to WCDMA preferred.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:54am On Dec 30, 2012
Davidbanky:

Thanks bro ... Is it just the apn I will change or I shld change also the username and passwrd
Only the APN should be changed to blackberry.net while the username and password should be left blank. Remember, you have to make it the default profile. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:57am On Dec 30, 2012
celemel: I activated and tried SoMonth. My experience hasn't been very good. First, I sent SoMonth to 777 using Galaxy Note 10.1, and waited forever to be activated without success. Then,I transferred the SIM to a bb. After a few minutes, I got an sms that my blackberry device has been registered on the Glo network (of course it was a, borrow - borrow blackberry). I then configured the APN and switched back into the Galaxy. It worked for a few minutes and stopped. Since the last 48 hours service has been very erratic and intermittent. I have tried the SlM in other Samsung Devices and Huawei
Text 'Status' to 777 and post the response you get here. Then, we should be able to take it up from there as my unactivated BB Coweek is browsing just fine.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2012
Off Topic: A Season Greetings SMS I just received from Glo
Dear valued subscriber, you are the reason for our existence. Here is wishing you a Happy & Prosperous 2013. Thank you for choosing Glo.
Did your service provider sent you one?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by jazz04(m): 1:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
tonardo:
droidvpn has another vpn software called PD PROXY you can google pd proxy.
this pd is for computer while driodvpn is for android,.
The one i have been using on my computer is pd proxy,. and its unlimited,
I don't know, but pd proxy site says there is a limit placed on free accounts.. What do you mean by its unlimited... Perhaps you pay for premium?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by honsule(m): 2:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
Guyz,you can also check your data status by dialling *777*0#
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by celemel(m): 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
I get this when i send status to 777

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
honsule: Guyz,you can also check your data status by dialling *777*0#
OK. I will try this when I disconnect my Modem as I cannot use that option here. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by honsule(m): 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
luluosas:
OK. I will try this when I disconnect my Modem as I cannot use that option here. Thank you.

u are welcome
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by lannre(m): 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2012
ITS GOOD FOR HEAVY BROWSER , I ACTUALLY USE THE COWEEK AND NOW ON COMONTH ITS FAST AND SLOW DOWN SOMETIMES - BUT HOW CAN ONE GET UNLIMITED PLAN. THIS OPERATOR ARE STILL RIPPING US. RIP STARCOMMS GONE ARE THOSE DAYS OF FAST INTERNET SERVICE OF IZAP WHEN YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE FOR TIME 9AM-9PM FOR A WHOLE MONTH AT 7K , I HATE ALL THIS DATA PLAN . THE COMONTH IS JUST 3G . CAN ANYONE HELP WITH UNLIMITED DATA PLAN ON ANY NETWORK BUT NOT MTN
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by honsule(m): 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
lannre: ITS GOOD FOR HEAVY BROWSER , I ACTUALLY USE THE COWEEK AND NOW ON COMONTH ITS FAST AND SLOW DOWN SOMETIMES - BUT HOW CAN ONE GET UNLIMITED PLAN. THIS OPERATOR ARE STILL RIPPING US. RIP STARCOMMS GONE ARE THOSE DAYS OF FAST INTERNET SERVICE OF IZAP WHEN YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE FOR TIME 9AM-9PM FOR A WHOLE MONTH AT 7K , I HATE ALL THIS DATA PLAN . THE COMONTH IS JUST 3G . CAN ANYONE HELP WITH UNLIMITED DATA PLAN ON ANY NETWORK BUT NOT MTN

Try multilinks.How many mb or gb did u use b4 your COWEEK stopped.did the blackberry APN refused to connect when u exhausted your data or it refused to browse?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
honsule:

u are welcome
Up till now, 777 is still saying
Your subscription is pending activation. Kindly remove your battery and re-insert to connect in the next one hour. Thank you.You have 0 Blackberry bonus on your account:
but, I am browsing just fine and I have pulled over 170MB data volume already. What could be the issue with them? Why are they not activating my BB subscription? Any idea from the house?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 30, 2012
luluosas:
Up till now, 777 is still saying

but, I am browsing just fine and I have pulled over 170MB data volume already. What could be the issue with them? Why are they not activating my BB subscription? Any idea from the house?

what's the download speed on the modem not on speedtest?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (102)

Tecno M5 discussion thread / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now / The Galaxy A Series!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.