Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree (5628 Views)

Burkina Faso President Resigns / World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa / Tunisia's President Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by xandy84: 3:44am On Dec 23, 2012
I always though only naija fake degree dey until i read this....

QUITO, Ecuador (AP) — Ecuador's Central Bank president has resigned after acknowledging that he presented a fake academic degree 22 years ago — a scandal that prompted the country's leader to call for him to face justice.
Central Bank President Pedro Delgado, who is a cousin of Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa, apologized to the nation, the government and his family on Wednesday at a news conference.
"With honesty, I should acknowledge that I made a very serious mistake 22 years ago," Delgado said. "I made a wrong decision to achieve my academic objective."
He acknowledged that he had given a Costa Rican business school "a document with no value (showing) a degree I didn't hold."
"I kept this act secret. I offer an apology to my wife, children, the Ecuadorean people, the government ... and above all to President Rafael Correa," Delgado said.
Correa called it a "very hard day" in a message on his Twitter account.
"We've verified that Pedro Delgado had presented a false degree," Correa said in the message, adding that it "has done serious damage to the revolution."

Source http://news.yahoo.com/ecuador-central-bank-president-resigns-over-degree-161938649--finance.html
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:05am On Dec 23, 2012
Not in 9ja,is not workin around here.
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by paranorman(m): 11:55am On Dec 23, 2012
Wish our politician had a heart like this and knw wen to retire if they'r caught in the act...

1 Like

Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by CLIQBOY(m): 11:55am On Dec 23, 2012
afta the man don enjoy for 22yrs

1 Like

Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by Shenez: 11:56am On Dec 23, 2012
What of sanusi lamido? Where the molla go school....?
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 23, 2012
hahahaha waitin the day obj,buhari,gowon and co will appologise for biafrians thy killd...durin the war.......even obj for ruiinin nigeria
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by Warlord3000(m): 12:05pm On Dec 23, 2012
mikeoh: hahahaha waitin the day obj,buhari,gowon and co will appologise for biafrians thy killd...durin the war.......even obj for ruiinin nigeria

I think some of us really have to let go of this biafra idea or apology of a thing and move forward instead of getting obsessed about the part..

For Goodness sake!! What has certificate forgery got to do with a civil war years back.... Jeeeeeez.. Na wa oo

3 Likes

Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by wowo2: 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
madam SEC nkoh? ok former madam
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
Waiting for the day tinubu will say the truth about his result....nobody sabi fake result like yoruba ppl. Even their lives are fake. Concieved with fake sperm and ovary

1 Like

Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by casimirchocho(m): 12:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
grin[color=#550000][/color]The guy been dey do hard guy, agbero for school e no gree read book...lol...lesson to be learnt "do d right thing always, else ur ill go catch up with you after 23 years... grin.
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by stephenponti(m): 12:18pm On Dec 23, 2012
Just passing.... Reserving my space
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by BelloDare: 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
Hey, leave lamido out of this o, else he will recommend that ur company sack you before it's profit margin improves! grin
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by mu2sa2: 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2012
When you place too much emphasis on certificates, rather than competence, people would be tempted to do anything to acquire them. This is true in nigeria as anywhere else.

1 Like

Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by TRACK: 12:44pm On Dec 23, 2012
I wish tinubu will follow suit.
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 23, 2012
Rubish afta 22 yrs of grabin enough cash he nw felt is time to quite ole

1 Like

Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by aglomar: 1:00pm On Dec 23, 2012
Where did he get d knowledge to function in such a dignified position?

1 Like

Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by alamkah: 1:18pm On Dec 23, 2012
Shenez: What of sanusi lamido? Where the molla go school....?
kings college
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 23, 2012
jchime: Waiting for the day tinubu will say the truth about his result....nobody sabi fake result like yoruba ppl. Even their lives are fake. Concieved with fake sperm and ovary
Your signature is typical of omo nna. Omo ajokuta ma mumi (the one that eats stone without drinking water). stuupid tribal bigot.
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by JamesLucia: 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2012
so what happened to the salary he had recieved 22 years ago?
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by sublimes: 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2012
jchime: Waiting for the day tinubu will say the truth about his result....nobody sabi fake result like yoruba ppl. Even their lives are fake. Concieved with fake sperm and ovary
Why the generalisation? I believe a yoruba man in one way or the other must have taught you in school at a point in your miserable life.

2 Likes

Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by theripper: 1:40pm On Dec 23, 2012
Hmmmm, Oluwole in action. Ecuador get huge population of Yoruba community
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by Blueboy0402: 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
mu2sa2: When you place too much emphasis on certificates, rather than competence, people would be tempted to do anything to acquire them. This is true in nigeria as anywhere else.
Musa I agree with you for the very first time. I never knew you had a good head on your shoulders.
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by blazingtrain: 2:10pm On Dec 23, 2012
Wish our people can also do this.
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by sportfeva(m): 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2012
So naija is left out. I can't even laugh.
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by tosrich(m): 2:20pm On Dec 23, 2012

From all indication, its quite obvious you have some mentall illness...only God can deliver you and your household.....its just an observation, the foundation of science.
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by Napolitano(m): 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2012
What is this story doing on Nairaland?
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by edyza(m): 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2012
Fake degree,original degree,fake personality kin kon.hw those ones take concern me.abeg
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by Bokoharam: 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2012
Warlord3000:

I think some of us really have to let go of this biafra idea or apology of a thing and move forward instead of getting obsessed about the part..

For Goodness sake!! What has certificate forgery got to do with a civil war years back.... Jeeeeeez.. Na wa oo

Maybe, u would understand when all your family members--immediate and extended--are wiped out during the war, leaving only you on this planet earth. So, what you don't understand next time, never comment on! A simple apology can heal such wounds. If you still disagree, I would pray for 'blessing' to befall you.
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by Chanchit: 3:42pm On Dec 23, 2012

Imbesu..! If Yoruba people knws how to fake certificates, its because they have the needed IQ to back it up, there's a way u manage ur space that will make people ask if u really have what it takes to occupy the position ur are, eg GEJ with his performance you will want to verify his certificate.
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by Warlord3000(m): 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2012
Bokoharam:

Maybe, u would understand when all your family members--immediate and extended--are wiped out during the war, leaving only you on this planet earth. So, what you don't understand next time, never comment on! A simple apology can heal such wounds. If you still disagree, I would pray for 'blessing' to befall you.

So Mr. Wise-one wey sabi curse..

U̶̲̥̅̊ think a thread of Certificate forgery in a foreign land is the place for U̶̲̥̅̊ to vent ur revenge or personal vendetta known in public..

Then I guess from now on, any thread on NL has got to have a referral to a 1967 civil war.. SMH

So much for being educated.... Mtscheeew
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by ochallo: 4:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
CLIQBOY: afta thd man don enjoy for 22yrs
let me tell , this is the worst time for it to happen to him, the fall from the top pains more than from the middle or low cadre.
Re: Ecuador Central Bank President Resigns Over Degree by Bokoharam: 4:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
Warlord3000:

So Mr. Wise-one wey sabi curse..

U̶̲̥̅̊ think a thread of Certificate forgery in a foreign land is the place for U̶̲̥̅̊ to vent ur revenge or personal vendetta known in public..

Then I guess from now on, any thread on NL has got to have a referral to a 1967 civil war.. SMH

So much for being educated.... Mtscheeew

Mr know-it-all,
I never cursed. I only advised that someone appreciates the pain of others. That response was never out of place. It was borrowed from an apology, which responsible people do when they fail the system & the people. I still insist that if anyone sees anything wrong in that comment, let them taste a little of that horror and psychological torture. It is as simple as that!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gaddafi’s Daughter Gives Birth In Algeria / Russia Bombing The Shit Out Of The Entire Ukraine / British-nigerian Lady To Be Shot In Laos For Drug Smuggling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.