Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,047 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Smallest Baby Ever Born - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Smallest Baby Ever Born (6083 Views)

SHOCKING: Mother Gives Birth To 'largest Baby EVER', Weighs13.47 Pounds(pics) / World’s Smallest Woman & The Man With Largest Feet / Meet Meysi, The World’s Smallest Dog! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smallest Baby Ever Born by webaplanet(m): 7:33am On Dec 23, 2012
Smallest Baby Ever Born

Amillia Taylor is the world’s youngest premature baby ever to survive. She was born two weeks before the legal abortion limit at just 9.5 inches long and less than 10 ounces with skin which tore like rice paper.
The baby was due on March 4, 2007, but, from the start, the pregnancy was fraught with problems and she had been born at just 21 weeks and six days.

According to Amillia’s mother, “I was so shocked, because her skin was so translucent that she was see-through. I could see the veins in her arms, hands and legs, and I could actually watch her lungs as they moved.

‘Amillia’s hand was the size of my thumbnail, and her leg the same length as my little finger.

‘I longed to reach out and touch her, just to stroke her and try to take away her pain. All I could do was sit and tell her that Mummy was here, that I loved her, and that everything would be alright.”

Just have a look how Amillia was.

http://www.incrediblez.info/2011/11/smallest-baby-ever-born.html

for more Human Interest Stories visit >>> http://

Re: Smallest Baby Ever Born by tpia5: 8:27am On Dec 23, 2012
praise God, what a scary story.
Re: Smallest Baby Ever Born by ednutey(f): 8:34am On Dec 23, 2012
Wow,GOD real does wonderous things
Re: Smallest Baby Ever Born by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2012
Hmmmm... Scary! I hope she grows up strong and healthy and ditches d oxygen tank!
Re: Smallest Baby Ever Born by henrychubayo: 8:00pm On Dec 23, 2012
wow, science has gone wild.
Re: Smallest Baby Ever Born by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 23, 2012
Its incredible. When my first child was born 24 weekers only had a 50/50 chance of survival, now they are almost guaranteed to survive thanks to all the technology available. 23 and 22 weekers surviving are becoming more and more heard of. 21 weeks though? Incredible!
Re: Smallest Baby Ever Born by Mynd44: 3:01am On Dec 24, 2012
Wow.
Erm....sorry but this is scary
Re: Smallest Baby Ever Born by DreamCatcher: 12:25am On Dec 28, 2012
Wow!! She is a little fighter! Hope she have a long and healthy life.

(1) (Reply)

. / Missing Rhodalyn: An Active Member Of Nairaland Forum? / Nairaland Psychiatric Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.