Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate (19240 Views)

I Got N100m From PDP, Not Yuguda – Odili / How Jonathan Appointed Suspected Serial Thief To Head Radio Nig - Premium Times / How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by pazienza(m): 12:47am On Dec 24, 2012
emmatok:

Just read your wiki leaks.
Am surprised at Edwin Clarke action.
Shows this SS-SE marging is a fiction.
I don't see the SS ever going with BIAFR.
And what made you think that there would be a south south when nigeria disintegrates. How can that be,when edwin clark had already made it clear that some people are more south south than the others,as we saw in the wikileak. Ndiigbo are only interested in south south because there is a huge chunk of igboland trapped in the entity called south south.
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by TRUTHTELA: 12:50am On Dec 24, 2012
Bobajo:
I object to the bolded undecided People stole billions and you are using petty to qualify their larceny. This are grand thefts and Grand thieves grin.

Pardon me grin That's what a UK Judge called one the GRAND ROUGES
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by pazienza(m): 12:58am On Dec 24, 2012
vislabraye: Odili's corruption was second to none. All these one he's saying is just because he's not in jail. He chopped Rivers State clean.
Unlike what most people are saying, its not because he's an igbo man.
BTW most Ikwere people don't claim to be Igbo. They only choose to be Igbo on special occasions and choose not to be when there's a stigma attached to it.
This is how you guys fail exams. Did you go through the wikileaks at all? What was the reason edwin clark gave for being against odili's candidacy? (A) becos odili was corrupt. (b) becos odili is an igbo man.
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by dayokanu(m): 1:51am On Dec 24, 2012
pazienza: This is how you guys fail exams. Did you go through the wikileaks at all? What was the reason edwin clark gave for being against odili's candidacy? (A) becos odili was corrupt. (b) becos odili is an igbo man.

Here we go again with the daily "Everyone is against Igbo" rubbish

OBJ simply wanted people he could control and Yar Adua and Jonathan fits the bill the most.

If they dropped Odili cos he was Ibo was Ibori, Attah and Donald Duke who had more clout than Jonathan also Ibos?

Mind you Jonathans mind was on contesting for his own Governorship mandate and he would have had 8yrs in front of him while Ibori, Duke etc had completed 8yrs matured in governance and ready to move to the next level in the country

OBJ didnt disqualify Odili for being Ibo OBJ knew he couldnt control Odili once he got into power. Same reason why OBJ favoured Yar Adua over Atiku

2 Likes

Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by peruso: 3:14am On Dec 24, 2012
mbulela: Seems this thief is going senile at his relatively young age.
Is this Amnesia or what?

Really is he a thief?? shocked
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by HARDDON: 3:28am On Dec 24, 2012
Can't bliv dis rogue is still breathing God's free air !

Scorecards: brot aböut inflated thug and militancy rate

Killing and kid napping of all oppositions at his whims and caprices

Vry short man but of high thiefry tendencies ! Stole the state into poverty

Was a bloody suck a33 n wussbag to OBJ

Guess he has his stars to thank for marrying that wéoman! cos he does d dirty deeds, déreafter, she shows up ånd hoodwink d law!

You got ta just luvv dis country!
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by COOLDUN: 3:30am On Dec 24, 2012
Would he be better of? after all he is corrupt like other politicians in the country. Had it been that GEJ wasn't elected we wouldn't have known that he is clueless. Let every tested politician in Nigeria go and die, because all of them are the same thing.What did he achieve in River state after 8 years in office? the office of presidency in Nigeria is a necessity not an important one, somebody have to be there , no matter how intelligent and capable he/she might be, that is why we have the ceremonial occupant of the position now. Peter Odili should go and apologize to the Rivers state people. He and GEJ are the same thing. Nigeria is a sorry country, in a life support machine.
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by egbetokuns(m): 5:02am On Dec 24, 2012
Well I'm nt in support of any candidate at that time but out of all of them. Odilli don't good to become anyting or fit to be in power again that time. We all knw all ur wrk and ur attrocity.
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by AdeniyiA(m): 6:38am On Dec 24, 2012
if you know any guilty man who will testify of his guilty crimes, tell me.
they all talk to exonorate themselves...
God is watching
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by tushbobo(m): 7:03am On Dec 24, 2012
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by Abagworo(m): 7:25am On Dec 24, 2012
One thing I've come to understand is that amongst the Governors of 1999 to 2007, Odili was one of the best performing. Probably only Donald Duke outclassed him. Contrary to what the media has portrayed of him, his infrastructural strides were visionary. He constructed several new link roads in Port-Harcourt incuding the now famous Odili road that links LNG to slaughter, The Slaughter to Woji road with 3 bridges, the Airforce to Rukpokwu bypass amongst others. He is the genesis of this natural gas based electricity generation which was later adopted by the Obasanjo administration and is currently our major plans for electricity generation. So it is not all evil about him. His major evil was the use of militants for politics.
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by tushbobo(m): 7:53am On Dec 24, 2012
Abagworo: One thing I've come to understand is that amongst the Governors of 1999 to 2007, Odili was one of the best performing. Probably only Donald Duke outclassed him. Contrary to what the media has portrayed of him, his infrastructural strides were visionary. He constructed several new link roads in Port-Harcourt incuding the now famous Odili road that links LNG to slaughter, The Slaughter to Woji road with 3 bridges, the Airforce to Rukpokwu bypass amongst others. He is the genesis of this natural gas based electricity generation which was later adopted by the Obasanjo administration and is currently our major plans for electricity generation. So it is not all evil about him. His major evil was the use of militants for politics.

I beg to disagree with you.Those projects you listed are nothing compared to the 8 years spent and Rivers state money at his disposal.The air force road had to be severely patched few months after construction and completely re-constructed after a short while.Most of the projects were awarded to companies he floated using various fronts especially his best man Arumeni Ikhide(eg Rockson engineering).Even Arik(coined from ARumeni IKide) Air jets were bought with government money.Rivers leaders who dined with Odili will confirm PH turned into a junk yard under during his tenure.He knew how to use the press well.
He betrayed his friends and conspired to kill his political benefactor just to curry favour from Obj.

1 Like

Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by pazienza(m): 8:05am On Dec 24, 2012
dayokanu:

OBJ simply wanted people he could control and Yar Adua and Jonathan fits the bill the most.

If they dropped Odili cos he was Ibo was Ibori, Attah and Donald Duke who had more clout than Jonathan also Ibos?

Mind you Jonathans mind was on contesting for his own Governorship mandate and he would have had 8yrs in front of him while Ibori, Duke etc had completed 8yrs matured in governance and ready to move to the next level in the country

OBJ didnt disqualify Odili for being Ibo OBJ knew he couldnt control Odili once he got into power. Same reason why OBJ favoured Yar Adua over Atiku
Those guys you mentioned were never in the forefront of that race. The vp spot was to be used to pacify the niger deltans,it only made sense that it went to a 'real' niger deltan as made clear by the most powerful tribal leader in that region. Nobody controls anybody with power,OBJ is wise enough to know that. The problem between Atiku and Obj has nothing to do with "control",it has more to do with obj's vendetta against Atiku,for making him work too hard for 2003 pdp presidential ticket.
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by size38: 9:14am On Dec 24, 2012
Odili na very big thief. In this memoir, he is jst being economical with the truth. He never made mention of how he was secretly lobbying members of the national assembly then to kill Obasanjo's third term bid. It was pay back time to 0dili by OBJ and his political "gang"
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by vislabraye(m): 9:56am On Dec 24, 2012
dayokanu:

You shouldn't even bother educating him. First thing he has in his mind is " because he's igbo".
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by Truckpusher(m): 11:31am On Dec 24, 2012
TRIBAL BIGOT YOU ARE RIGHT HERE WITH YOUR COHORTS DOING WHAT YOU GUYS KNOWS HOW BEST TO DO...ANYWAY MERRY CHRISTMAS OR YOU WANT ANOTHER TRIBAL WAR WITH ME?
pazienza: The guy wanted to hide under the cloak of 'rivers man' to take the slot of 'niger deltans', obviously nigerians were not deceived. A lesson for the ikwerre,ogba and ekpeye people. When the chips are down,they would be properly identified by other nigerians.
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by Truckpusher(m): 11:57am On Dec 24, 2012
CLAP FOR YOUR SELF....YOU COULD AS WELL SAY HE CONSTRUCTED POTHOLES ALL OVER PORT HARCOURT AS FOR THE GAS TURBINE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT , HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR TIME TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH WAS SPENT IN THE CONSTRUCTION? YET RIVERS STATE CAN'T EVEN BOAST OF 12HOURS POWER SUPPLY BEFORE AND AFTER HE LEFT OFFICE....ALL THE PROJECTS CARRIED OUT BY ODILI WAS ONLY USED AS A FRONT TO SIPHONE MONEY FROM THE STATE TREASURY TO RUN FOR HIS PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN HENCE INFERIOR MATERIALS AND SUB STANDARD PROJECTS THAT COULDN'T STAND THE TEST OF TIME WAS PAINTED AS A MEGA PROJECT WITH BILLIONS OF NAIRA STOLEN BUT GOD FAILED HIM.....OYA CLAP FOR YOURSELF AGAIN BECAUSE THE LEGACY HE LEFT BEHIND IS STILL USED BY THE PRESENT GOVT. AND THE POOR PEOPLE OF RIVERS STATE ARE LEFT WITH NOTHING BUT A BLEAK FUTURE......and finally clap for yourself for making a blind argument for a well known thief like odili who made sure that the PDP never had a strong or credible opposition in Rivers state because he bought everybody over and the ones that refused to be bought sealed their testimony with their own blood ....he lavished rivers people money on people just to buy favour to an extent that he was nicknamed GOVERNOR DONATUS and yet people like you still come here to blow his trumpets.
Abagworo: One thing I've come to understand is that amongst the Governors of 1999 to 2007, Odili was one of the best performing. Probably only Donald Duke outclassed him. Contrary to what the media has portrayed of him, his infrastructural strides were visionary. He constructed several new link roads in Port-Harcourt incuding the now famous Odili road that links LNG to slaughter, The Slaughter to Woji road with 3 bridges, the Airforce to Rukpokwu bypass amongst others. He is the genesis of this natural gas based electricity generation which was later adopted by the Obasanjo administration and is currently our major plans for electricity generation. So it is not all evil about him. His major evil was the use of militants for politics.
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by ugopeter(m): 12:07pm On Dec 24, 2012
Why is it dat anybody not yoruba or hausa is an Igboman...SMH
Abagworo: Odili's problem is being an Igboman. I don't know his personal stand on his ethnicity but I doubt if the other South-south people would likely have allowed an Igbo to take the place of South-south "through the backdoor" when Nigerians are brainwashed with tribalism.

http://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/5113552_re-research-request-nigeria-.html

Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by Abagworo(m): 12:47pm On Dec 24, 2012
Behind bobo:

I beg to disagree with you.Those projects you listed are nothing compared to the 8 years spent and Rivers state money at his disposal.The air force road had to be severely patched few months after construction and completely re-constructed after a short while.Most of the projects were awarded to companies he floated using various fronts especially his best man Arumeni Ikhide(eg Rockson engineering).Even Arik(coined from ARumeni IKide) Air jets were bought with government money.Rivers leaders who dined with Odili will confirm PH turned into a junk yard under during his tenure.He knew how to use the press well.
He betrayed his friends and conspired to kill his political benefactor just to curry favour from Obj.

If you observe my post, I wrote "visionary projects" and not quality projects. Again I compared him with the Governors of 1999 to 2007. Anybody living in Port Harcourt should try and imagine if those 3 link roads were not constructed( even in poor quality) what would have become of PH by now. We also have to agree that even the gas turbine with all its flaws was visionary
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by Acecube(m): 1:32pm On Dec 24, 2012
Almost slept while reading this chunks... i had to employ the tactical approach by taking a solution of ''granulated manihot esculenta ''.... Between i never knew he was even considered for presidency, kudos to o.b.j for rooting the thief amongst thiefs,, atleast g.e.j na pocket picker for where this armrobber dey.....
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by Truckpusher(m): 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2012
Help me ask these our neIghbors that wants unIty by force.
ugopeter: Why is it dat anybody not yoruba or hausa is an Igboman...SMH
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by touchmehard: 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2012
BBPREYEgarri:

Pls who knows the recipe for egusi soup?
After quoting the already long thread, this was all you could post. Something entirely different from the topic of discourse. It's high time you grew up
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by touchmehard: 2:33pm On Dec 24, 2012
On a lighter note, there are two similarities between Peter Odili and GEJ
1. Both of them love wearing hats
2. Both of them are from the south-south/ Niger-delta.

So, me i'm not seeing the big deal in who emerged as Yaradua's running mate. The difference should be in character. So Peter, sorry Sir
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by dayokanu(m): 3:15pm On Dec 24, 2012
pazienza: Those guys you mentioned were never in the forefront of that race. The vp spot was to be used to pacify the niger deltans,it only made sense that it went to a 'real' niger deltan as made clear by the most powerful tribal leader in that region. Nobody controls anybody with power,OBJ is wise enough to know that. The problem between Atiku and Obj has nothing to do with "control",it has more to do with obj's vendetta against Atiku,for making him work too hard for 2003 pdp presidential ticket.

You mean Donald Duke and Ibori were not in the fore front of the race? Obviously you were too young in 2007 or Ibori and Duke were not real Niger Delta? An Urhobo man not real Niger Delta?
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2012
The same rogue who spawned Asari Dokubo and funded MEND to crush political opponents enroute to becoming governor.. his is the reason we have a wasteful Amnesty Program and paid-Terrorists running the Security Operations of the Upstream Oil Sector.. this guy should crash from a Helicopter for all I care. Ba@#4tard
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by kokoA(m): 4:39pm On Dec 24, 2012
I'd rather read a copy of 'eze goes to school' or 'chike and the river' to refresh my memory instead of wasting precious time reading the blowdy book.. Tomorrow GEJ ma go write him own.. Mtcheeeww..
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by pazienza(m): 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2012
Truckpusher: TRIBAL BIGOT YOU ARE RIGHT HERE WITH YOUR COHORTS DOING WHAT YOU GUYS KNOWS HOW BEST TO DO...ANYWAY MERRY CHRISTMAS OR YOU WANT ANOTHER TRIBAL WAR WITH ME?

Ewu,i guess you have recovered from the brutal blow i gave you the last time.

Now scram,you are not an ndoni man,crawl back to your backward ogba clan,mkpi.
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by AK481(m): 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2012
Lemme arrange the script and play it for you,maybe anything resonable could come out from his claim.......

If ribadu practically played a role in dislodging odili for yardadua,why did yardua humiliate him so badly

Could this be the reason why gej pardoned ribadu which made him to come back from exile
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by pazienza(m): 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2012
vislabraye:

You shouldn't even bother educating him. First thing he has in his mind is " because he's igbo".

It wasn't me that labelled him an igboman,it was his fellow niger deltan/south south man by the name edwin clark that did. Clark even went ahead to campaign against odili's candidacy,not becos he was corrupt,but becos he was according to clark,an igboman. The ijaws control MEND,clark was an ijaw leader,if the aim of picking a niger deltan as a vp was to pacify the niger deltans,it only makes sense that clark's wish be granted.

To the best of my knowledge,odili has always been a perfect niger deltan,always trying hard to fit in,whats not with the ijaw fedora hat and attire he always go around on. Too bad that at the end,he couldn't run away from the igbo shadow,he so much tried to stay away from,so sad.
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by pazienza(m): 6:49pm On Dec 24, 2012
dayokanu:

You mean Donald Duke and Ibori were not in the fore front of the race? Obviously you were too young in 2007 or Ibori and Duke were not real Niger Delta? An Urhobo man not real Niger Delta?

Odili was ahead of those people you mentioned above,in that 2007 presidential race. This is the truth. Go through that wikileaks again and see why clark's wish had to be done
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by pazienza(m): 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2012
Truckpusher: Help me ask these our neIghbors that wants unIty by force.

It was not a south easterner that called odili igboman,it was your fellow niger deltan,an ijaw man. Deal with that,mpama.
Re: Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate by Truckpusher(m): 10:58am On Dec 25, 2012
Backward ogba? And all your GIPSY brothers and sIsters are running down here In there hundreds lookIng for a better life they never had in your God forsaken region called east....I forgot to tell you that the love peddlers amongst them aren't left out too...Nwa isu nkita racha gi anya, rakwa nnegi otnu
pazienza:

Ewu,i guess you have recovered from the brutal blow i gave you the last time.

Now scram,you are not an ndoni man,crawl back to your backward ogba clan,mkpi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Faces of the SSS fallen Heroes / Buhari Arrives Egypt For State Visit (Pics) / Nigeria-china Roadshow Fetches $50 Billion — NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.