Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,915 members, 7,802,979 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Pls Advise Me - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Advise Me (982 Views)

I Have 1 Million Naira ,pls Advise Me On What Car To Buy / Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... / Advise Me About Honda E.O.D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advise Me by jjgirljay(f): 9:11am On Dec 23, 2012
I got a car from one of the dealers in surulere on the 11th of this month,the day I took the car I realize it was over heating,I parked called the dealer and he sent hi boy to me and promise to deliver the car to me the next day. He gave me the excuse of the car been parked for so long,two days later at night d dealer called me to say my car was on my way to me,I had to rush out of where I was to go meet them half way,on seeing the car dashboard I notice the temp was half way and I complained,it's night and this is not right,he told me he's been in traffic and because the car has a big engine. From my orintel to leaking 1 just after the toll gate the car was over heating badly,I had to park and called the dealer.
He seem all shocked and told me the first person who bought this same car had the problem and its been regulated to our temperature in Nigeria. Unlucky for him the said footballer who got the same car is a friend I called him and he explained to me that the car had never been good. I have about three people who has had problem with the guy,he never sells good cars and will ask you to go to court. As much as I want my money back,I don't want him to be able to continue with this act.

He called me to ask what other car do I want,I told him what I wanted and he asked me to come to his office to come and sign a note saying that I would not change my mind when the car comes,I got to the office,he's drafted two agreement,one stating that I brought the said car I got for him to sell and when he sells it I will pay 5percent of the amount sold to him and another new agreement stating that I wanted him to bring me a car and will pay 30percent now and 70percent when he delivers the car. I rejected both agreement.

This said car dealer is a lawyer and says the law will settle us,I know how court case are.
My dad says I should go to efcc but am not sure if they handle civil
This dealer shouldn't get away with this and my magazine and most of the auto talk show are ready to support me.

Kindly advice what my chance are on this case.
Re: Pls Advise Me by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 23, 2012
your story made me speak english so you can understand.
i think you should paste the dealers info here so people with similar encounter with him can share it and plan on how to stop the i d i o t from conning people. Lawyer my a$$, expose his profile here let us assist you and put him behind bars and make him pay you back immediately. bunch of semi educated criminals lawyers in lagos.
moi je n' suis pas contente avec ca, walahi

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:18am On Dec 23, 2012
jjgirljay: I got a car from one of the dealers in surulere on the 11th of this month,the day I took the car I realize it was over heating,I parked called the dealer and he sent hi boy to me and promise to deliver the car to me the next day. He gave me the excuse of the car been parked for so long,two days later at night d dealer called me to say my car was on my way to me,I had to rush out of where I was to go meet them half way,on seeing the car dashboard I notice the temp was half way and I complained,it's night and this is not right,he told me he's been in traffic and because the car has a big engine. From my orintel to leaking 1 just after the toll gate the car was over heating badly,I had to park and called the dealer.
He seem all shocked and told me the first person who bought this same car had the problem and its been regulated to our temperature in Nigeria. Unlucky for him the said footballer who got the same car is a friend I called him and he explained to me that the car had never been good. I have about three people who has had problem with the guy,he never sells good cars and will ask you to go to court. As much as I want my money back,I don't want him to be able to continue with this act.

He called me to ask what other car do I want,I told him what I wanted and he asked me to come to his office to come and sign a note saying that I would not change my mind when the car comes,I got to the office,he's drafted two agreement,one stating that I brought the said car I got for him to sell and when he sells it I will pay 5percent of the amount sold to him and another new agreement stating that I wanted him to bring me a car and will pay 30percent now and 70percent when he delivers the car. I rejected both agreement.

This said car dealer is a lawyer and says the law will settle us,I know how court case are.
My dad says I should go to efcc but am not sure if they handle civil
This dealer shouldn't get away with this and my magazine and most of the auto talk show are ready to support me.

Kindly advice what my chance are on this case.

did the temperature shot to red mark or it was just in the middle? on some cars the middle is the average 88-90 range and thats normal

if it shot to red then get your money back s/he failed to deliver a driveable car

(1) (Reply)

What 'group' Does Your Driver's Licence Carry? / 8th Lagos Motor Fair And 2nd Autoparts Expo / Nigerian Mechanics And Made In Nigeria Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.