Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Olamide Vs Dagrin - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Olamide Vs Dagrin (9033 Views)

If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? / Who Is The Best Raper Between Dagrin And Olamide / Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olamide Vs Dagrin by Jaykizz(m): 11:31am On Dec 23, 2012
These two yoruba icon rappers are well known for their zest in rapping using their mother-tongue. Although, there seems to be many yoruba rappers out there, but the most accomplished of them all seems to b these two (with the later being late presently), with Lord-of-Ajasa closely following by.
As a fan of rap music, whom do you think has hit the ground running the most between the two, knowing fully that one of em is late presently?
Re: Olamide Vs Dagrin by Rapmaestro(m): 11:42am On Dec 23, 2012
D thn u guys nid 2 knw is dis,OLAMIDE accptd dat D LATE DAGRIN was beta,but nw dat he is late,OLAMIDE made a change on Yoruba-english rap(whch is also called "IJINLE"). I speak frm xperience,i was nt opportuned 2 c d late DAGRIN,but i got close 2 his streets pals,d guy is gud... He gets inspiration frm evryfin.. OLAMIDE IS LIVING(LONG LIFE 2 HIM ND ME TOO),he does his thn,i'm an "IJINLE" rapper too... If he was alive,DAGRIN wuld hav bn d best
Re: Olamide Vs Dagrin by Jaykizz(m): 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rap maestro: D thn u guys nid 2 knw is dis,OLAMIDE accptd dat D LATE DAGRIN was beta,but nw dat he is late,OLAMIDE made a change on Yoruba-english rap(whch is also called "IJINLE"wink. I speak frm xperience,i was nt opportuned 2 c d late DAGRIN,but i got close 2 his streets pals,d guy is gud... He gets inspiration frm evryfin.. OLAMIDE IS LIVING(LONG LIFE 2 HIM ND ME TOO),he does his thn,i'm an "IJINLE" rapper too... If he was alive,DAGRIN wuld hav bn d best
Evry humble human bein wil want to put dos dat came b4 him as beta. It's only d proud ones dat dnt. Who do u tink is beta?
To me, I tink Olamide has outpaced Dagrin period!
Re: Olamide Vs Dagrin by mikuz(m): 7:20am On Dec 28, 2012
Comparing the dead and the living?
Smh.
Re: Olamide Vs Dagrin by Jaykizz(m): 11:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
mikuz: Comparing the dead and the living?
Smh.
SMH bak at u. Are we talkin bout d dead n living or who rily raps/sings beta. Plz read post very well abeg n no fall my hand.
Re: Olamide Vs Dagrin by mikuz(m): 3:33am On Dec 31, 2012
Jaykizz:
SMH bak at u. Are we talkin bout d dead n living or who rily raps/sings beta. Plz read post very well abeg n no fall my hand.
Thumbs up then. What a great thread.

1 Like

Re: Olamide Vs Dagrin by sylaz(m): 9:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
Olamide
Re: Olamide Vs Dagrin by Jaykizz(m): 9:36pm On Jan 01, 2013
sylaz:
Olamide
Why do u think so bro?
Re: Olamide Vs Dagrin by adim2(m): 2:23am On Jan 02, 2013
Jaykizz:
Evry humble human bein wil want to put dos dat came b4 him as beta. It's only d proud ones dat dnt. Who do u tink is beta?
To me, I tink Olamide has outpaced Dagrin period!

♓☺w can you make such an irrelevant conclusion. Dagrin passed on 2010 or so, with his song reigning all over nigeria. Where was Olamide then? 2012 Olamide came out and now he is making waves. Don't you think in this space of two years, there have been much improvement all thanks to improvement in technology quality. Now he is making waves. Then Ɣøû sit there and just conclude that Olamide has outpaced dagrin. May i ask you on what basis has olamide outpaced dagrin?
Have you forgotten that dagrin is no longer making music and rap?
Have you forgotten that dagrin cannot improve on his lyrics again? or have you forgotten that dagrin cannot even hear anybody sing again? Please show some respect for the dead and the living. Stop comparing two uncomparables all in the name of starting a post. There is no comparison here. May dagrin soul rest in peace.

@op. Next if you want to compare, then compare two similar things and not two un-similar things
Re: Olamide Vs Dagrin by Rapmaestro(m): 9:58am On Jan 02, 2013
adim2:

♓☺w can you make such an irrelevant conclusion. Dagrin passed on 2010 or so, with his song reigning all over nigeria. Where was Olamide then? 2012 Olamide came out and now he is making waves. Don't you think in this space of two years, there have been much improvement all thanks to improvement in technology quality. Now he is making waves. Then Ɣøû sit there and just conclude that Olamide has outpaced dagrin. May i ask you on what basis has olamide outpaced dagrin?
Have you forgotten that dagrin cannot improve on his lyrics again? or have you forgotten that dagrin cannot even hear anybody sing again? Please show some respect for the dead and the living. Stop comparing two uncomparables all in the name of starting a post. There is no comparison here. May dagrin soul rest in peace.

@op. Next if you want to compare, then compare two similar things and not two un-similar things
true talk bro
Re: Olamide Vs Dagrin by Jaykizz(m): 11:13pm On Jan 02, 2013
adim2:

It's ok man, jst take it easy at me. I knw u a big fan of dagrin. N FYI, Olamide came out towads d end of 2010.
Re: Olamide Vs Dagrin by adim2(m): 11:01am On Jan 03, 2013
Jaykizz:
It's ok man, jst take it easy at me. I knw u a big fan of dagrin. N FYI, Olamide came out towads d end of 2010.
Olamide came out with eniduro and omo toshan that year. And in 09/10 dagrin was making wave all over nigeria even in the east where i was then, his album was so hot to extent that you will see an ibo guy that doesn't even understand the language rushing the cd and singing the song then. May FYI, olamide has not started making waves in the east he has only made impact here in west. From your previous post, one can deduce that you are a big fan of Olamide. I honestly don't have a problem with that. But where i have problem with, is you saying that Olamide has outpaced dagrin when we all know that dagrin is dead long ago. May i also inform you that dagrin succeeded in chasing Lord of Ajasa inside when he came out. Dagrin was the hottest then cos all the artist wanted to do collabo with him and even till his death, they were still using some of his songs to do collabo. So why compare dagrin with olamide? Answer these questions pls. Has olamide not improved since he released his first album?
Do you dagrin will release any album again to know if he had improved?
These two questions will tell you not to compare two wrong things again. Rather compare olamide with other living artist and let them better him. Otherwise, if you keep comparing both, Olamide will be stagnant because he has no competition from dagrin again. Period.
Re: Olamide Vs Dagrin by Jaykizz(m): 3:26pm On Jan 05, 2013
adim2:
Olamide came out with eniduro and omo toshan that year. And in 09/10 dagrin was making wave all over nigeria even in the east where i was then, his album was so hot to extent that you will see an ibo guy that doesn't even understand the language rushing the cd and singing the song then. May FYI, olamide has not started making waves in the east he has only made impact here in west. From your previous post, one can deduce that you are a big fan of Olamide. I honestly don't have a problem with that. But where i have problem with, is you saying that Olamide has outpaced dagrin when we all know that dagrin is dead long ago. May i also inform you that dagrin succeeded in chasing Lord of Ajasa inside when he came out. Dagrin was the hottest then cos all the artist wanted to do collabo with him and even till his death, they were still using some of his songs to do collabo. So why compare dagrin with olamide? Answer these questions pls. Has olamide not improved since he released his first album?
Do you dagrin will release any album again to know if he had improved?
These two questions will tell you not to compare two wrong things again. Rather compare olamide with other living artist and let them better him. Otherwise, if you keep comparing both, Olamide will be stagnant because he has no competition from dagrin again. Period.
I tink I lyk ur argument bro. Dis topic is an issue of debate n every 1 dat comments is titled to his opinion; hence, u dropd urs which is a very point 4 anybody to counter argue.
Re: Olamide Vs Dagrin by bilms(m): 8:17am On Apr 20, 2013
Ola and Dagrin are both the best.

(1) (Reply)

Ric Hassani - The African Gentleman :: Album Download / BBC Hausa Celebrates 60 Years Of Broadcasting In Hausa Language / Nairaland Veteran Rapper, G'Iyaz Drops Another Hot Single!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.