Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion (19708 Views)

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? / Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by igbeke: 5:22pm On Dec 23, 2012
9JA! we 4get 2 soon. dere was a time wen Osaze was d best and most commited footballer nigeria had. den even old women in my area described him as "d 'AAFIN' among d players".
2day, d story is changed. we no longer need him cos we've bn fed wit lies abt him.
no kain.
but u kno as much as i do dat nothing 4 9ja @ AFCON '13.
too bad.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Anvaller: 5:27pm On Dec 23, 2012
ayusco: I was following osaze's tweets as they were rolling in my first reaction was that of non suprise cos he is the kinda pesin who wears his heart on his sleeve. before I comment on his outburst I think keshi handled the matter badly. He is not just the coach but manager of these players as long as they are in his care. He could hav phoned him and man to man said u r not in my squad for reasons xyz then watever would hav been said woulda stayed btw dem so I think he messed up in that respect. Now to osazes tweets I am huge fan of his so it pains me to write this about him but his tweets came across as that of an arrogant spoilt brat. I think he shld take a good look at himself y its always him having issues with evry single coach. In his tweets he said lagerback didn't play him yet he was one of the first to hail his appointment. Amodu that played u you critized him publicly abt his team selection. With siasia frm wat osaze's tweeted I can only infere that you never gave him his due respect as ur coach hence Him also treating u like a junior player. Now with keshi again the issue of respect u can't b dictating to him who the captain or leaders in the team should be. Its by ur performance n influence that would determine who is a leader. Guys like oliseh yekini finidi earned the right to brag cos frankly speaking his performances for the NT were not earth shattering. Yes he did his bit but compared to martins nsofor even yakubu wey we no like he hasn't done as much as dem to be bragging about. Honestly I can c y keshi left him out cos he brings a lot of negative energy to the dressing room and evry coach worth his salt knws that goin into any competition u need a united front with minimum distraction. I think when the dust settles osaze will regret the tweets he posted

Well u are right but I still do not agree with the part in bold. Keshi called this guy a couple of weeks back and tried to advise him to reconsider playing for eagles but this guy told keshi there and then that he is no more interested in eagles. This story was reported on the papers all over. So I do not think that Keshi owe him any further explanation for not inviting him cos the case was already concluded in that phone call. There was a time I read again a bout few weeks after the phone conversation with Keshi, he made a comment talking about his interest in playing again. Okay that was just a random comment in a random interview, if I was also Keshi, I would maintain my last phone convo with him as my last valid impression of him. Let's now assume that he contacted Keshi privately after he changed his mind, that was too late and unacceptable. U are no bigger than ur home based guys who had been playing their hearts out during the qualifications, U can't now come around in the dead minute and say u want to play? and the coach would now discard one of the hardworking guys for u? C'mon Osaze needs to grow up.

Remember that the bunch Zambian team that are currently defending champions are home based. We do not need to under estimate some of these guys because we don't know them. They had been waiting for their chances and Keshi has given it to them so lets see what happens.

I remember Osaze wasting a lot of balls in our last nations cup just because he was angry that he was called from the bench. That guy is a good player but he is soo selfish and he can not play for any bigger club in the premiership because the coaches out there have also commented on his selfishness so they know he is a selfish player.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by BabaO2: 5:28pm On Dec 23, 2012
honeric01:

Current form, Osaze is not better than any of them.
OK, what is Emenike doing on that list ahead of Anichebe and Martins?, not until we drop this attitude of favoritism in all spheres we will not achieve anything as a nation.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by igbeke: 5:29pm On Dec 23, 2012
9JA! we 4get 2 soon. dere was a time wen Osaze was d best and most commited footballer nigeria had. den even old women in my area described him as "d 'AAFIN' among d players".
2day, d story is changed. we no longer need him cos we've bn fed wit lies abt him.
no kain.
but u kno as much as i do dat nothing 4 9ja @ AFCON '13.
too bad.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by thekoko007: 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2012
its a pity some people on here can still open there mouth to abuse the young boy because he said out his mind and which also is the truth.people get intoxicated with power in this country and with any lil chance given to them they always want people to be down on there knees for them..if keshi could drop martins and also osaze i think is knowledge about the game should be question.cuz all the strikers hes going to the competition with are not tested except for ik kalu..others icannot staked my 1k on them because they have not proven to me that they are really ready to play for nigeria.the young boy has been going thru alot since he came into lime light..some people has never been comfortable with him.and is because they know he has seen it all than most of this people..young osaze..keep you cool and forget about the bad belle people.you are made and nobody can rubbish all you have achieved in football.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by otokx(m): 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2012
not surprised, this is a country where selection, promotion is not done on merit.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by RAHE3M(m): 5:37pm On Dec 23, 2012
Bantino: It's always good to hear from both sides, but the problem in Nigeria is, the one in power always wins.

Follow you on this one
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by toprealman: 6:00pm On Dec 23, 2012
Someone just proved his two balls are still intact. I have said this severally, Keshi's management style is not my cup of tea. How can you justify Rabiu (who does not even make the bench at his club, Celtic FC), shittu ( lipsrsealed), shola ameobi (when Martins and Osaze are both fit and have always being loyal to Nigeria not the guy that thought he will play for England as if...), Bright Dike (na real wa oh. This Dike had to be loaned out by his club, yet we are taking him to tournament players are as fit as fiddle. Peter utaka/Kalu Uche kwanu? The devil we know....Another experiment by the 'boss'.). Osaze is the man! He should write an open letter to the shambolic NFF documenting all their undoing one after the other.
Unless you are a clown, keep on thrashing Osaze.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Reference(m): 6:01pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ile-Ife:

Osaze is arrogant? Guy when did you snap out of coma? He showed more enthusiasm and commitment than most any other player(s).

This is a joke right.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Ninilowo(m): 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2012
The guy too dey run mouth joor. He said he was not playing for SE again; he s dropped, now he is complaining. he needs brain check walahi. I want him to know that one day he ll need Nigeria again. he should askk Yakubu when he needed work permit aand he needed to play in 75% of his national team engagement.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by yuzedo: 6:39pm On Dec 23, 2012
Super Eagles/Keshi/NFF fuc.ked up!
"I sang National Anthem for 10yrs"... Poignant statement!
Imagine rewarding Mikel who doesn't give a f(u)ck about Super Eagles with inclusion, and excluding Osaze who gave his all.. Who alongside Enyeama carried Super Eagles in our darkest hour. His dedication couldn't be faulted. I feel bad for him.. This is how we reward our heroes... And we want to progress.

No worry, we go win World Cup.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by TwinTiger: 6:40pm On Dec 23, 2012
stjudas: Na by force to pick u? If u were good enough u would hv been picked.
Poster be realistic.He is a good player no doubt.Single handed ly destroyed Man u and u said he is not good.na wah ooo.Osas no mind them,enemy of progress,forget them and. Continue ur career in England.It all Nig politics.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by honeric01(m): 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2012
Baba_O:
OK, what is Emenike doing on that list ahead of Anichebe and Martins?, not until we drop this attitude of favoritism in all spheres we will not achieve anything as a nation.

Because they are the ones Keshi feel are useful in his plans for the team, every coach knows what they want and there's nothing you can do about it, when Martins/A nichebe were being chosen ahead of other players, no one complained, turn by turn na him be life, if he's needed by the coach, he'd be called on.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by PeeJay3: 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
Osaze is the best player we have in the national team right now. If he is not there, we don't have a team... Keshi, MBOAHHHH!!!!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by honeric01(m): 7:21pm On Dec 23, 2012
Pee-Jay:
Osaze is the best player we have in the national team right now. If he is not there, we don't have a team... Keshi, MBOAHHHH!!!!

When last did he play for us? the last time he played, we didn't win, since he's not been called, we've been winning, so bro no player is indispensable, as far as i know, he's not even fit and football is not played by names, if you doubt me, go watch "Chelsea vs Corinthians", Zambia vs Cote'd voire, Man U vs Bibao.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by creativemusic: 7:32pm On Dec 23, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by kingsrod: 7:41pm On Dec 23, 2012
At the end of the day if dem no carry trophy come back....dem go say why coach no carry Osaze martins and co...now he is saying the truth dem dey yab am...we siddon dey watch na
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by obi4eze(m): 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
Johnnoah1st: u are truely craze how we u b arguing wit urself without anybody's intervention? Don't u knw insultive word isn't accepted here? Or are u JJC on nairaland?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Frankiss44(m): 8:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ninilowo: The guy too dey run mouth joor. He said he was not playing for SE again; he s dropped, now he is complaining. he needs brain check walahi. I want him to know that one day he ll need Nigeria again. he should askk Yakubu when he needed work permit aand he needed to play in 75% of his national team engagement.

"We must abide by the decision of the coach and I must train a lot more to try to regain his confidence." ~ Iker C.
This Statement above came from a legend in Real Madrid.. Nobody is indispensable. Osaze runs his mouth too much, can u name any coach he has worked with peacefully? At the world cup he was a problem, complaining that he is too big to stay on the bench... Who is he and who said we can't win games without him?
Dropping Osaze is the best decision Keshi made because the dude will never settle for a role in the bench
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Frankiss44(m): 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
casimirchocho: Osaze no gree, this nah racism issue ohh, because u be white boy ko? Dan iska bloody edo/russian/alsatian blooded albino.....na by force to put u for team? Ur comments shows how narrow minded and petty u are.....SMH.......

"Mou didn’t say anything to me, he didn’t explain anything. He doesn’t give me explanations when I do play, neither when I don’t" ~ Iker Casilas
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Monimatic(m): 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
Its been a nice day with Osaze Odemwingie on Twitter. I
compiled his tweets concerning his non inclusion in AFCON
2013 Eagle's Squad. Read and Enjoy. Courtesy of Elder
Chester.
Mind you; the twitter account is verified.
@OdemwingieP: On my not inclusion to the eagles list i am
not
surprised. Not surprised Keshi and NFF couldn't tell me
themselves. No personality!
@OdemwingieP: We talk through press hahaha how come I
am
the only stubborn one but no ex eagles player was sent off
from
the team with respect ?
@OdemwingieP: Keshi has no footballing reasons not to
invite
me but is not saying the truth. He s still in my plans he said
haha
coach u no dey my plans.
@OdemwingieP: To some who wanna put mouth here please
act
like men. When two men talk 3rd has nothing to do. So
ikpeba s
and the rest talk to me face2face
@OdemwingieP: This is all a comedy and our poor fans are
being fed with lies while they cutting the cake for them
selves.
@OdemwingieP: Nff spokesman told MTN he is arrogant ? I
am
arrogant ? Why did countries president threaten to close
down
our federation for two years ?
@OdemwingieP: Why didn't Lagerback continue with
supereagles after world cup ? Chop and run was his plan and
they knew it.
@OdemwingieP: Nigerian fans voted me nigerian player of
the
year during world cup qualifiers & I was a spectator in the
world
cup and I should be quiet?
@OdemwingieP: Cos after we got olympic silver I didn't say
Siasia is ready for eagles he waited till he gets the job to axe
me ?
@OdemwingieP: Me and Apam begged him to take Kaita in
the
olympic team.He told us he wants to play Efe Ambrose there
who is a centre back ? Good plan
@OdemwingieP: The only reason me and Siasia fell out was
over kits that were not enough cos they were on sale as the
olympics were on going. Shame !
@OdemwingieP: A joke from the american team to us -
damn
brothers ! U ve been wearing this same cloths all the time
men !!! ( Will give details later )
@OdemwingieP: Ok that childish thing about shirt aside.
WBA
needed me back 4 important game and Siasia refused to let
me
miss a midweek friendly game ?
@OdemwingieP: Were is common sense there ? The game
was
played in a 80000 capacity stadium with 2000 spectators.
That's
how important the game was !
@OdemwingieP: They can't spoil my name !!!
@OdemwingieP: That's when I ask my self - do we not have
a
team captain and federation who can tell its common sense ?
And settle the matter ? Na wow oh
@OdemwingieP: Then they don't invite Enyama our number
one
for a crucial qualifying game cos he complained about a
flight or
something little? Ridiculous
@OdemwingieP: Then SWAN sends a letter to NFF to warn
me.
(Sorry about that tweet didn't mean it that way). But tell ur
colleagues not to make up stories
@OdemwingieP: The story is getting long and I don tire. I
cared
a lot about the team and wasn't passive.
@OdemwingieP: This might sound disrespectful but eagles
had
no good captain for many years. Everyone looking only after
himself.
@OdemwingieP: The only reason I write this is for the fans
to
know my reasons and position on few things and don't think
I
don't care or too proud.
@OdemwingieP: After Afcon in Ghana eagles fans were
satisfied with our performance and Siasia after the
tournament
said I will take u to the olympics
@OdemwingieP: They sacked Berti Vogts after it though
and
just a month after that Coach Amodu took over! In his first
game in charge I didn't even warm up
@OdemwingieP: I had to holla at him and Amokachi his
assistant and next games I played and man of the match in
half
games of the team that year
@OdemwingieP: Whatin I do them self ? Hahahaha
@OdemwingieP: Nff member just called me. Ofcos got
insulted. I told him I sang national anthem for ten years to be
treated like this.
@OdemwingieP: That's it on this. Story ended. No more
talks
about national team again. I ve said all I wanted. If will be
tempted will go off twitter.
I just wish NFF and Keshi will react to this and give us more
details for to know more and may be 'be the judge'..
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by horlatunde(m): 8:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ibanga p:
Do u watch football at all? If u do den tel me; among doz picked who's beta dan him?
Aside Ameobi d other strikers are better than Him. He is a national Arrogant Flop
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by tpapi: 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2012
Osaze think say keshi don 4get how him use mess up him guy (siasia),is simply pay bac time,osaze is a natural trouble maker
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by horlatunde(m): 8:39pm On Dec 23, 2012
kingsrod: At the end of the day if dem no carry trophy come back....dem go say why coach no carry Osaze martins and co...now he is saying the truth dem dey yab am...we siddon dey watch na
Oga Ade, dats no point joor. The once he has been participating how many goal did he score talkless of trophy. Make him sit-down 4 WB.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Gwazah(m): 8:41pm On Dec 23, 2012
Anvaller: Ok but this guy declared his lack of interest to further play for eagles a couple of weeks back. Saying the same thing that the NFF is not serious. Fine we know that, he is correct but the problem is he himself is inconsistent. U shouldn't have declared a lack of interest in eagles if u really didn't mean it. Honestly if I was Keshi, there is no way I too would have invited a guy who publicly declared his lack of interest in playing for super eagles so why is he now complaining? This dude must learn to be consistent.
he declared neva 2 play 4 national team again yes! But keshi went on pleading wit him 2 de extend of traveling 2 meet him personaly nd convinced him, i remb world over nigerian fans pleading wit him, then he agreed. Now tell me, did they go 2 awake de young boy just 2 disgrace him?
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by vislabraye(m): 8:41pm On Dec 23, 2012
thekoko007: its a pity some people on here can still open there mouth to abuse the young boy because he said out his mind and which also is the truth.people get intoxicated with power in this country and with any lil chance given to them they always want people to be down on there knees for them..if keshi could drop martins and also osaze i think is knowledge about the game should be question.cuz all the strikers hes going to the competition with are not tested except for ik kalu..others icannot staked my 1k on them because they have not proven to me that they are really ready to play for nigeria.the young boy has been going thru alot since he came into lime light..some people has never been comfortable with him.and is because they know he has seen it all than most of this people..young osaze..keep you cool and forget about the bad belle people.you are made and nobody can rubbish all you have achieved in football.

Mind you Keshi gave his own side of the story.
Let's try to look at both sides of the story.
Do you think Keshi would want to drop Osaze for no good reason?
Mind you it was this same Osaze that blasted Siasia, Amodu and Lagerback. These things happened not too long ago. Personally, I like Osaze and Keshi does too, but he is in the best position to comment.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 23, 2012
Wat Keshi did is ont fair.He picked d unpatriotic shola ameobi wu refused to play 4 nigeria durin his prime ahead of osaze wu didnt hesistate to play 4 nigeria wen he was called although he had d chance to play 4 russia.He was beta dan ameobi in EPL last year he scored 15 goals unlike ameobi wu managed to score upto 5 goals and he is currently in great form.Assumin keshi didnt pick ameobi i wuld av been neutral wit d issue.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by dubezra: 8:56pm On Dec 23, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]This is nt a matter of who is better,its a matter of
who's causn trouble in d camp nd who's nt.
Baloteli is a gud player,bt mancity is findn it hard
to control him,so to me Osaze is arrogant nd he
shud sit nd watch us do without him. :DThis is nt a matter of who is better,its a matter of
who's causn trouble in d camp nd who's nt.
Baloteli is a gud player,bt mancity is findn it hard
to control him,so to me Osaze is arrogant nd he
shud sit nd watch us do without him.
You are the only one that have talked sense in this issue so far.afterall it was the like of osaze that could not win a ticket to the previous nations cup and he contributed virtually nothing to securing this ticket, i rather call my homebased players who helped struggle 4 the ticket.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by musaibnabdul(m): 9:03pm On Dec 23, 2012
marshborn: There he goes again! Arrogant tuat
abeg osaze talk your mind you get right, beta than amebo (shola) this guy deny 9ja england kom no gree 4 am, now way him done reach pensioner age as in go no go keshi still carry am
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Rossikk(m): 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2012
Syenite: Osaze, simple truth is u are nt good enough. U ar nt better than Ike Uche, Ideye & Emenike.

THIS IS THE SIMPLE HONEST TRUTH. HE'S SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO DON THE GWG. He obviously thinks he's entitled to an automatic place. Oma se o.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Rossikk(m): 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
Ekpekus: It is up to the coach to decide who he picks as whatsoever the outcome of the AFCON is, he will bear. But to be honest is this his attitude if kept on the bench @ WBA? what does he take 9ja 4? His birth right abi?
There are many outstanding home based players that never got opportunity to rep Super Eagles cos their sin is that they play in the local league!
Abeg Osaze park well jor!

Don't mind the small boy. You never hear PIM at his clubs. Only when it comes to Naija he runs his mouth like he's the only person that matters. A more classy player would have wished the team good luck, and wished for the players picked in his place to do the country proud. That's how you make your case, not by this ignorant ranting on twitter. To be frank, I don't think he was well raised by his parents. He's so mannerless.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Rossikk(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2012
duffman: Wat Keshi did is ont fair.He picked d unpatriotic shola ameobi wu refused to play 4 nigeria durin his prime ahead of osaze wu didnt hesistate to play 4 nigeria wen he was called although he had d chance to play 4 russia.

Osaze has no connection to Russia. I believe his mum is from Uzbekistan, and there is no record of him ever being wanted by their national team.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US-Beijing Standoff: White House Announces Diplomatic Boycott Of Winter Olympics / Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced / Microsoft Cortana Wins Apple Siri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.