Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,686 members, 7,801,977 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

What World Are Believers Not To Love - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What World Are Believers Not To Love (773 Views)

How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. / Top 15 Most Violent Cities in the World are Catholic - WHY ? / If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What World Are Believers Not To Love by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 23, 2012
'Love not the world neither the things that are in the world'. What and what is the world. What 'world' are we Christians told not to love.
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 24, 2012
chai! empty thread, Christians sure do love worldly stuff.
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 24, 2012
inurmind: chai! empty thread, Christians sure do love worldly stuff.

Yes we do love worldly stuff. Y u no ignore dis thread its obviously not meant for your type
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2012
no problem , I'll ignore it like every other person has, including the people it's meant forgrin
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2012
inurmind: no problem , I'll ignore it like every other person has, including the people it's meant forgrin
tank you very much. I am not interested in your monologue of 'christians are dis and dat'
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 24, 2012
Mee234:
tank you very much. I am not interested in your monologue of 'christians are dis and dat'

But that's the gospel truth.grin
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
inurmind:

But that's the gospel truth.grin
No bros. It is only true for deluded persons who are looking for excuse their failure.
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by Delafruita(m): 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
Mee234:
No bros. It is only true for deluded persons who are looking for excuse their failure.
its been three days and no single response from those persons who arent deluded.what a pity
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 27, 2012
Delafruita: its been three days and no single response from those persons who arent deluded.what a pity

Lol! because he managed to get some attention
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by tpia5: 1:56am On Dec 27, 2012
@ topic

read vs 16

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 30, 2012
inurmind:

Lol! because he managed to get some attention
he he he. At least I , manage to get yours.
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 30, 2012
tpia@:
@ topic

read vs 16

thanks but verse 16 of what?
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 30, 2012
Delafruita: its been three days and no single response from those persons who arent deluded.what a pity
no pity again I don get one response from one sane person
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 30, 2012
Mee234:

lol.

I also want to understand what is meant by, 'is not of the Father, but is of the world'.

How can these things not be of the father? Who created them?
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by tpia5: 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
Mee234:

Verse 16 of the chapter you quoted.
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
tpia@:

Verse 16 of the chapter you quoted.
ok. The pride of life.................. My problem is 'when we Christians draw the line'? What exactly is pride of life? Lust of the flesh i understand a little but pride of life. If one is not proud about the life he/she is living, that life is not worth living.
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
E_monkey:

lol.

I also want to understand what is meant by, 'is not of the Father, but is of the world'.
I think it mean those things are not for His glory.

How can these things not be of the father? Who created them?
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by tpia5: 7:37pm On Dec 31, 2012
Mee234:
ok. The pride of life.................. My problem is 'when we Christians draw the line'? What exactly is pride of life? Lust of the flesh i understand a little but pride of life. If one is not proud about the life he/she is living, that life is not worth living.

proud:

1. Feeling pleasurable satisfaction over an act, possession, quality, or relationship by which one measures one's stature or self-worth

2. Occasioning or being a reason for pride

3. Feeling or showing justifiable self-respect.

4. Filled with or showing excessive self-esteem.

5. Of great dignity; honored: a proud name.

6. Majestic; magnificent: proud alpine peaks.

7. Spirited. Used of an animal: proud steeds.

dictionary definitions.

# 3 is different from #4.
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by tpia5: 7:39pm On Dec 31, 2012
Pride is an inwardly directed emotion that carries two common meanings.

With a negative connotation, pride refers to an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishments, often used synonymously with hubris.

With a positive connotation, pride refers to a satisfied sense of attachment toward one's own or another's choices and actions, or toward a whole group of people, and is a product of praise, independent self-reflection, or a fulfilled feeling of belonging

Pride is sometimes viewed as excessive or as a vice, sometimes as proper or as a virtue

wiki
Re: What World Are Believers Not To Love by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
tpia@:

wiki
thank you very much

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Praise God In Your Language? / Mother Keeps Daughter In Asylum For Attending ‘strange’ Church / Daystar Christain Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.