Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon (24417 Views)

Pastor Of Grace Assembly Trying To Squeeze A Woman's Boobs (photos) / Sex In The Church! Wife Accuses Top Lagos Pastor Of Sleeping With Church Members / Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Kabikala(m): 9:44am On Dec 24, 2012
I have always observed that it is near impossible to get any member of the Redeemed Christian Church of God to agree that Adeboye is very human and can be wrong.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by oboshan1: 9:49am On Dec 24, 2012
This is outrageous Ђδω can an alter that is sacred, that only †ђξ anointed men of God are allowed to sit, is now been taken over by a man holding a sit in this sinful world, what should have been done is give jonathan a special recognition been †ђξ first citizen of †ђξ country,is is not a pastor, he is not anointed, S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ why would he be allowed to speak on that alter, there is a great difference between a man of God and a man of men...
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by oboshan1: 9:50am On Dec 24, 2012
This is outrageous Ђδω can an alter that is sacred, that only †ђξ anointed men of God are allowed to sit, is now been taken over by a man holding a sit in this sinful world, what should have been done is give jonathan a special recognition been †ђξ first citizen of †ђξ country,is is not a pastor, he is not anointed, S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ why would he be allowed to speak on that alter,to †ђξ extent of giving false promises  †ђξ alter of God, there is a great difference between a man of God and a man of men...
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Tintinix: 9:53am On Dec 24, 2012
Jesus dined with a known and well publicizd thief, (the tax collector, He also fellowshiped with the towns harlot.. hmmmm the bible says greater works than these will we do....Pator Adeboye is doing just that!
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by freelinks: 10:08am On Dec 24, 2012
Let me try and enlighten the some folks. In thé temple in Jerusalem,only and only the Priest gain access to the altar.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by freelinks: 10:14am On Dec 24, 2012
Tintinix: Jesus dined with a known and well publicizd thief, (the tax collector, He also fellowshiped with the towns harlot.. hmmmm the bible says greater works than these will we do....Pator Adeboye is doing just that!

and Jesus dined with them in the temple or did business with them huh? Wise up. Your church leaders too are corrupt Jo. Building Universities that ur children will never attend cos u aint rich to afford it.yet it was ur tithe that was used. Many are even heavily tasked for such and no dividen.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by juliciousbabe(f): 10:28am On Dec 24, 2012
JUDGE NOT

Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by 2HASUM(m): 11:14am On Dec 24, 2012
The truth be told, Christianity as practiced here is for the sick either mentally or nearly so that will endeavour to pay for their healing to the fraudulent that purport to have the healing powers, Those who are well have no need for a physician;as we were told centuries ago, so if one of their own is coming out to cry wolf, we are not perturbed. I know of a grand 419 king pin in Lagos then that have churches in other south south states where pastors are on the payroll to manage the churches
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by PastorKun(m): 11:27am On Dec 24, 2012
oboshan1: This is outrageous Ђδω can an alter that is sacred , that only †ђξ anointed men of God are allowed to sit, is now been taken over by a man holding a sit in this sinful world, what should have been done is give jonathan a special recognition been †ђξ first citizen of †ђξ country,is is not a pastor, he is not anointed, S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ why would he be allowed to speak on that alter,to †ђξ extent of giving false promises  †ђξ alter of God, there is a great difference between a man of God and a man of men...

There nothing sacred about the alter at rccg camp.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by jadakiss213(m): 11:38am On Dec 24, 2012
last time i checked.GEJ was the President of the Federal republic..The Jesus Christ you claim to follow admonished u to honour your leaders..dude was even on his knees..common y'all!!
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Onliie(m): 11:46am On Dec 24, 2012
[quote author=free2ryhme][/quote] this man is a stupid man. Has he forgotten that even in the bible the king and the priest work together. And sins of a king are visited on the people. Jonathan is the spiritual leader of this nation.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Onliie(m): 11:47am On Dec 24, 2012
freelinks: Let me try and enlighten the some folks. In thé temple in Jerusalem,only and only the Priest gain access to the altar.
when Jesus died, the temple veil tore into two granting access to all
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Funkadict(m): 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2012
Its not said anywhere that GEJ was given any special invitation, moreover if you are the GO of the church and the national president or a ruler of some kind was in attendance to a program that has been openly broad casted, would you have shunned him, send him away or tell him to just look for a seat in a church were the masses are scrambling to get seated?
Well, advice the GO on what he should have done and that people like you will have no negative comments about.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Funkadict(m): 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2012
greatdave:
2012 is about to end and ur stil brainless?! U av the guts to call innocent kids unfortunate? Ur stupidity is scary bruv.

You just leave that idiot. He is not likely to have one in his lifetime. Note the outcome of mockers like him......
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by omoredia: 12:30pm On Dec 24, 2012
Seun! U are always in the habit of insult christianity. U will be dealth with real soon!
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by joseph1832(m): 12:30pm On Dec 24, 2012
To everyone in this thread who said Jesus dined with harlots, thieves, murderers, rapist and co. I ask this of you, did he dine with them to encourage them in their sins or did he dine with them to admonish them of their sins and tell or show them that sin is bad and they should repent?!.

I have never heard any of these our so called men of God tell these of politicians to repent of their evil ways, instead they keep quiet. The GO of RCCG should have told GEJ point blank there that he should repent, but they did do that...

Let us not let the wiles and sentiment of petty emotions cloud our sense or reasoning.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by johnngene1: 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
may GOd forgive dis already fustrated man. who is looking for how to die, how dear him accuse the gathering of the children of God heis so devilish and selfish. is it because as a pastor he had not had the opportunity to climb the altar is that y he is saying all dis rubbish, may God forgive him for blaspheming against an annointed man of God.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 24, 2012
k2039:
He is sick, so GEJ should be sent out or what was he insunating. Besides Jesus came for the sinners which include looters not the saints like him(Bankole).

His statement would only have made sense if robbers, kidnappers etc are not allowed into the camp ground.

It's only logical that in a gathering like that, the president must be recognised, afterall he is the PRESIDENT of Nigeria not a district pastor.

Give honor to whom honor is due.

Actually you're the one who is spiritually blind. Please read James 2: 1-7
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by k2039: 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2012
davidylan:

Actually you're the one who is spiritually blind. Please read James 2: 1-7
I see, so what about give honor to whom it's due.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2012
Tintinix: Jesus dined with a known and well publicizd thief, (the tax collector, He also fellowshiped with the towns harlot.. hmmmm the bible says greater works than these will we do....Pator Adeboye is doing just that!

But he did so while publicly convicting them of their sins. The tax collector did not get the chief seat to speak at the mount of transfiguration, rather he was busying repaying those he had stolen from 4-fold.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2012
k2039:
I see, so what about give honor to whom it's due.

If that is the case then why didnt Jesus request that the chief priest be honored at the sermon on the mount?

See, many of you are just blind sheep who love your pastors more than the gospel you claim to follow. James 2:1-7 is a CLEAR indictment of your church, however you try so so hard to twist by misusing the bible to justify your perfidy. Yes Christ asked us to give honor to whom honor is due... by paying his taxes as at when due. Paul had a very vast ministry, i dont remember him requesting that King Aggrippa come preach at one of his gatherings.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2012
freelinks: Let me try and enlighten the some folks. In thé temple in Jerusalem,only and only the Priest gain access to the altar.

You are a christian in name only. Please read the significance of the torn temple veil after the death of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by k2039: 6:46pm On Dec 24, 2012
davidylan:

If that is the case then why didnt Jesus request that the chief priest be honored at the sermon on the mount?

See, many of you are just blind sheep who love your pastors more than the gospel you claim to follow. James 2:1-7 is a CLEAR indictment of your church, however you try so so hard to twist by misusing the bible to justify your perfidy. Yes Christ asked us to give honor to whom honor is due... by paying his taxes as at when due. Paul had a very vast ministry, i dont remember him requesting that King Aggrippa come preach at one of his gatherings.

I will love to know what your point is. Is it about GEJ addressing the gathering or siting next to the GO.

I would also love to know the church you attend.

Are you telling me that if GEJ visits he won't be given a sit in the front as a special guest and as the one in the helm of affair in which the church is situated. Also are you saying he won't be allowed to address the congregation.

For the records, I'm not a member of The Redeem Church, I'm furious at the way GEJ has handled the nation, Pastor Adeboye is not even one of my favorite, but honestly I see nothing wrong with GEJ sitting in the front pew and also addressing the congregation, He is the President of Nigeria.

Also about Jesus sermon on the mount, I can't find where he said honoring a President or King in church is a crime.
Also about James, looking at that verse critically, It's not really applicable. Honestly, GEJ is the president, even though he MIGHT be a looter and sinner, I still don't see anything wrong in Him sitting in front and addressing the congregation, though he tried to capitalise on the opportunity and made a small campaign(a typical politician), but the congregation will only demonstrate extreme stupidity by voting for him based on his presence and speech in their camp.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2012
k2039:

I will love to know what your point is. Is it about GEJ addressing the gathering or siting next to the GO.

Are you telling me that if GEJ visits he won't be given a sit in the front as a special guest and as the one in the helm of affair in which the church is situated. Also are you saying he won't be allowed to address the congregation.

For the records, I'm not a member of The Redeem Church, I'm furious at the way GEJ has handled the nation, Pastor Adeboye is not even one of my favorite, but honestly I see nothing wrong with GEJ sitting in the front pew and also addressing the congregation, He is the President of Nigeria.

Also about Jesus sermon on the mount, I can't find where he said honoring a President or King in church is a crime.
Also about James, looking at that verse critically, It's not really applicable. Honestly, GEJ is the president, even though he MIGHT be a looter and sinner, I still don't see anything wrong in Him sitting in front and addressing the congregation, though he tried to capitalise on the opportunity and made a small campaign(a typical politician), but the congregation will only demonstrate extreme stupidity by voting for him based on his presence and speech in their camp.

More circular reasoning from blind, deaf and mute sheep. Did you read James 2:1-7 or are you also in the habit of IGNORING the bible as long as it conflicts with the actions of your pastoral hero?

There were chiefs, high priests and kings during the time of Christ and the apostles... where did you read them being given the chief seats and speaking opportunities?
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by theshadyexpress(m): 6:54pm On Dec 24, 2012
sulaimon99: nt only RCCG includin kicc,tb.joshua,chris oyakhilome and others dy r all d same tin collectin money all in the name of TITHE ,and you call that religion ...GOD IS WATCHING ..end tyme tinz..
you are a bastard....at least it is only money they are collecting unlike ur boko haram religion that take lives.....u uncircumcised son of a swine
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by k2039: 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2012
davidylan:

More circular reasoning from blind, deaf and mute sheep. Did you read James 2:1-7 or are you also in the habit of IGNORING the bible as long as it conflicts with the actions of your pastoral hero?

There were chiefs, high priests and kings during the time of Christ and the apostles... where did you read them being given the chief seats and speaking opportunities?
So what's your point, that GEJ should not sit in the front or address the congregation?.

What do you suggest the G:O does the next time.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by mortee: 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2012
Make una no vex o, but my question be say shey na 'strictly by IV' dem dey take enter the camp? If yes, then we can blame GO for inviting GEJ. But then, some of us will still criticise GO for not 'dining with sinners' as Jesus did.
If it is not by IV and GEJ just decided to go to the 'house of God' which I supposed should take in sinners and whoever, and GO sends him back, some of us will also say he should have allowed the President stay.
About sitting on the altar, methinks it's just about giving honour to whom honour is due. Even music, comedy and film shows sell VIP tickets and these VIPs don't get to sit where every other person sits.
Have you considered the security risk in having GEJ sit in the congregation? How many SSS, MOPOL, ARMY, POLICE, CIVIL DEFENCE and their likes can stop the mob?
Let's be real, abeg.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 24, 2012
k2039:

but i can find places where he had to deal with the rich and famous... he didnt give them undue deference based solely on their position and wealth in society.

k2039:
Also about James, looking at that verse critically, It's not really applicable.

How isnt is applicable? Did you read it with an open mind or merely to brush it off so you can continue hero-worshiping your pastors?

k2039:
Honestly, GEJ is the president, even though he MIGHT be a looter and sinner, I still don't see anything wrong in Him sitting in front and addressing the congregation, though he tried to capitalise on the opportunity and made a small campaign(a typical politician), but the congregation will only demonstrate extreme stupidity by voting for him based on his presence and speech in their camp.

1. GEJ is the president of the country not the president of the church and thus has absolutely no right to be given undue deference in the household of faith. He is free to attend the congress as a guest, to give him the stage to campaign for president in 2015, whitewash his image by using a well-respected GO as a cloak is flatly WRONG. Please read James 2:2-4 again. why should he be given the chief seat behind the pulpit bu virtue of his fame and fortune while the poor are constantly relegated to row Z?
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by joseph1832(m): 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
k2039:

I love the way you reason brother, and of course there's nothing wrong in GEJ addressing the congregation and there's nothing wrong in him attending the holy ghost congress.

But my bone of contention is Adeboye should have told him not to capitalize on the opportunity given him to campaign and further tell lies to Nigerians and also he Adeboye should have use this very medium to tell him about the lousy way he's been running the country and to drum it into his ears that "the wages of sin is death" not smother him the way he did....

Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
k2039:
So what's your point, that GEJ should not sit in the front or address the congregation?.

What do you suggest the G:O does the next time.

Exactly what Christ and the apostles did and preached about. The president is free to attend the church and sit IN the pews as everyone else.
Even when Obama goes to church here, he is made to sit in the pews (place is determined by the secret service for security reasons only)... is not allowed to speak at the pulpit and special prayers are done in private.
Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2012
mortee: Make una no vex o, but my question be say shey na 'strictly by IV' dem dey take enter the camp? If yes, then we can blame GO for inviting GEJ. But then, some of us will still criticise GO for not 'dining with sinners' as Jesus did.
If it is not by IV and GEJ just decided to go to the 'house of God' which I supposed should take in sinners and whoever, and GO sends him back, some of us will also say he should have allowed the President stay.
About sitting on the altar, methinks it's just about giving honour to whom honour is due. Even music, comedy and film shows sell VIP tickets and these VIPs don't get to sit where every other person sits.
Have you considered the security risk in having GEJ sit in the congregation? How many SSS, MOPOL, ARMY, POLICE, CIVIL DEFENCE and their likes can stop the mob?
Let's be real, abeg.

This individual lacks any sense of reasoning. Please stop insulting our intelligence.

1. Christ did sit at meat with sinners but He did so to CONVICT them publicly of their sin. Zacheus did not leave the meeting without a public rennunciation of his sins and decisive promise to repay all that he stole 4-fold. Is that what happens to your corrupt political leaders at your religious gatherings where they are feted as celebs and given the chiefest seats in the house?

2. As i stated earlier, GEJ is free to sit as close to the pulpit for security reasons... but is it for security purposes that he is allowed to preach from the pulpit? Under what spiritual law is he entitled to such?

2 Likes

Re: Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon by k2039: 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2012
davidylan:

Exactly what Christ and the apostles did and preached about. The president is free to attend the church and sit IN the pews as everyone else.
Even when Obama goes to church here, he is made to sit in the pews (place is determined by the secret service for security reasons only)... is not allowed to speak at the pulpit and special prayers are done in private.

So does Goodluck speak or recieve special prayers at the Aso Rock Chapel.

You also have to take cognisance of the fact that GEJ came to Redeem as a guest not as a member.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? / Don't Joke With COVID-19 - D.K. Olukoya / Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.