Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines (7851 Views)

Construction Work Begins On 100km Road In Ogun / Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail / Work Begins On 10-lane Lagos-badagry Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by hagma37yahoocom: 10:47am On Dec 24, 2012
Nigerian government should be careful in partnering with chinese in the area of construction.
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by Arsenate(m): 10:50am On Dec 24, 2012
thelastPope:

But they are already building railways now! What are you yapping about? The Lagos-Kano has been rehabilitated and is working and you are still yapping! The Abuja-Kaduna is 50% complete and the Abuja city is also about 50%. Other tracks are being rehabilitated all over the country already the Lagos-Ibadan track is being laid as we speak and you are still talking trash!

Maybe dem swear for you say you have to always be bitter and negative or maybe you are paid to do what you do. Either way, you are really messed up! LOL!
I go with the "dem swear for you say you have to always be bitter and negative" lol. There are lots of them here on NL.

1 Like

Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by ocelot2006(m): 10:54am On Dec 24, 2012
braine: Another elephant project from which public funds are siphoned.

Only after completion of projects that I will listen to these people.

Son, how is this a white elephant project? Do you even know what the phrase "white elephant project" even mean?
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by OmoTier1(m): 11:12am On Dec 24, 2012
You know when to take a government serious. My reservation remains and I hope the rehabilitated Lagos-Kano would be adequately maintained. I am sure the 16billion Naira to be spent on Sambo's house can be better utilised for the feasibility of all of these rail routes and also commence mobilisation of readiness to work.

GEJ has the best opportunity of all the past rulers of Nigeria to put himself in History as the President that truly brought economic progress to Nigeria but so far He has performed below expectation by failing to tackle corruption. Let us hope that He will truly wake up by 2013 and begin to deliver.

Kudos to those experienced NRC who have stayed the course despite the years of neglect by the FG. Oh, I hope they dnt end up selling these tracks to Dangote soonest
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 24, 2012
Nice talk yippeee. Reality check: u seriously think that men like dangote, ABC, Oando, Rain oil and co who have invested billions in trucks for haulage will just fold their arms and watch u mess up their business?
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by otokx(m): 11:21am On Dec 24, 2012
east west road still remains a work in future progress, our leaders are busy stealing the money & are deceiving us with cheap talk.
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by Rossikk(m): 11:24am On Dec 24, 2012
Walexz02: Chai! Dis government want fall for pple hand o.. Why cant they start d projects small small and then tell us after d complitn of each 1 instead running theire mouths b4 even startin d project?

Some of you are just BRAINLESS, especially YOU. Why the HELL should the govt not announce its full plans and roadmap for the ENTIRE railway system? Why should we know ''only in batches'' what the rail blueprint for the nation is, and only after each ''batch'' is completed?? How does that help businesses to plan, for instance? Some of you type as if you never spent a single day in post-primary education. Even primary school students are more intelligent than some of you here. Ridiculous.
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by thelastPope(m): 11:48am On Dec 24, 2012
ARES: Nice talk yippeee. Reality check: u seriously think that men like dangote, ABC, Oando, Rain oil and co who have invested billions in trucks for haulage will just fold their arms and watch u mess up their business?

What are they going to do? Start a forest fire to stop the laying of tracks or command lightning to strike the workers doing the job? I have never seen a group of negative people like some of you on NL! Is this how you peeps run your daily lives? I don't want to have a friend like you at all.

When they announced commencement of Lagos-Kano, you bunch kept shouting it will never happen and it was all talk. Now it has happened and you are cooking another one up again. Sometimes I try to understand and appreciate the fact that past leaders have created a lot of distrust towards government in the minds of Nigerians but this level of negativity is just diabolical. You can see the work going on yet you want to tell all of us it will fail. One id1ot even posted it will fail in 3 years. I don't know if he has insider information from the saboteurs coven. He should please enlighten us more.

Government should be criticised by the people where applicable but this is no longer criticism. It seems some of you actually wants these projects to fail. Maybe you derive some sort of or.gasm from negativity and disaster. Some of us prefer to have hope. We know the system has been bastardised over the years but we will continue to believe until things work out. We will criticised specifics if we have to but not go around praying that the system fails. Like I will continue to criticised the works minister for his slow pace at the same time give kudos to others like the agric and aviation ministers.

Expectation of disaster is a characteristics of witchcraft!

1 Like

Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 24, 2012
I have a feeling that by the time GEJ finishes his 8yr tenure, Nigeria would have taken its pride of place in comity of nations. Just imagine the ECONOMIC BOOM that will result from fast train linking Lagos, thru Benin to the east; Lagos, thru Ibadan all the way to Abuja; and Abuja all thru to Kaduna
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 24, 2012
Just imagine the ECONOMIC BOOM that will ensue after the privatisation of PHCN is concluded in 5months time. Just imagine!
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 24, 2012
The fast rail line leading thru Benin to the east will pass thru a corridor on the second Niger bridge.
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by Rossikk(m): 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2012
thelastPope:

What are they going to do? Start a forest fire to stop the laying of tracks or command lightning to strike the workers doing the job? I have never seen a group of negative people like some of you on NL! Is this how you peeps run your daily lives? I don't want to have a friend like you at all.

When they announced commencement of Lagos-Kano, you bunch kept shouting it will never happen and it was all talk. Now it has happened and you are cooking another one up again. Sometimes I try to understand and appreciate the fact that past leaders have created a lot of distrust towards government in the minds of Nigerians but this level of negativity is just diabolical. You can see the work going on yet you want to tell all of us it will fail. One id1ot even posted it will fail in 3 years. I don't know if he has insider information from the saboteurs coven. He should please enlighten us more.

Government should be criticised by the people where applicable but this is no longer criticism. It seems some of you actually wants these projects to fail. Maybe you derive some sort of or.gasm from negativity and disaster. Some of us prefer to have hope. We know the system has been bastardised over the years but we will continue to believe until things work out. We will criticised specifics if we have to but not go around praying that the system fails. Like I will continue to criticised the works minister for his slow pace at the same time give kudos to others like the agric and aviation ministers.

Expectation of disaster is a characteristics of witchcraft!

My brother please don't mind them. These are people who have issues in their own personal lives, and wish to project their frustration onto the country. Don't take them too seriously.
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 24, 2012
See me thinking I would see pix of workmen clearing bushes

Feasibility studies equals begins work - only in the lala land of the gej administration and their muppets

Feasibilty studies are just that - to determine is a project is feasible/ practical - this addresses all sorts of challenges - funding, engineering, environmental, govt policies, social, security. Which is why some projects die at proposal stage

If they are favorable, design, review, vendor prequalification, bidding , contract award have to be done before mobilzation to site

Long and short of it "work" may not begin for another two years

Just another bizarre and typical attempt from team gej's gang of illiterates
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by taharqa: 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
oyb: See me thinking I would see pix of workmen clearing bushes

Feasibility studies equals begins work - only in the lala land of the gej administration and their muppets

Feasibilty studies are just that - to determine is a project is feasible/ practical - this addresses all sorts of challenges - funding, engineering, environmental, govt policies, social, security. Which is why some projects die at proposal stage

If they are favorable, design, review, vendor prequalification, bidding , contract award have to be done before mobilzation to site

Long and short of it "work" may not begin for another two years

Just another bizarre and typical attempt from team gej's gang of illiterates
Plz, why are u angry? Why d tin dey PAIN u like dis na?...smone here just said here that '..this level (kind) of negativity is DIABOLICAL' aka signs of witchcraft..*nodsinagreement*
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by aribisala0(m): 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2012
Is it really 500km from Onitsha to Abakaliki
This government will leave office in almost 2 years and they will spend the third year in office doing "feasibility studies" Hmm.
Does this mean since our independence there has never been a feasibility study of a railine from East to West.

When the British built the raillines already existin did they spend so much time on studies.?

The headline says WORK BEGINS but this is untrue. Work has NOT begun and no work will begin next year or the Year after.Hot air!
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2012
taharqa: Plz, why are u angry? Why d tin dey PAIN u like dis na?...smone here just said here that '..this level (kind) of negativity is DIABOLICAL' aka signs of witchcraft..*nodsinagreement*

Muppet is too kind for you - you're dumber than a kindegarten stick man

and an illterate witches are chasing me noisemaker to boot

is that what you use to console your drunken master - oga , it is witches and wizards that are spoiling your fresh air?

jona and the superstitious monkeys
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by OmoTier1(m): 2:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: I have a feeling that by the time GEJ finishes his 8yr tenure, Nigeria would have taken its pride of place in comity of nations. Just imagine the ECONOMIC BOOM that will result from fast train linking Lagos, thru Benin to the east; Lagos, thru Ibadan all the way to Abuja; and Abuja all thru to Kaduna
Only fools believe empty promises again and again! Tell him to fix the power sector and revive the agricultural road map obasanjo left behind!
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by OmoTier1(m): 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2012
aribisala0: Is it really 500km from Onitsha to Abakaliki
This government will leave office in almost 2 years and they will spend the third year in office doing "feasibility studies" Hmm.
Does this mean since our independence there has never been a feasibility study of a railine from East to West.

When the British built the raillines already existin did they spend so much time on studies.?

The headline says WORK BEGINS but this is untrue. Work has NOT begun and no work will begin next year or the Year after.Hot air!
I is obvious what their argument for return to power will be come 2015. We need to complete the project we have started feasibility on after 4 years in power!
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2012
[size=18pt]I will only believe this if i see photo evidence that work has begun. Can somebody post pictures of the workmen on the 10 different sites?[/size]
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by dnawah(m): 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2012
Wat of electronic trains?are we not good enough to use better things in this country?we no want to the hear say fuel no dey or fuel finish 4 road o!
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by taharqa: 3:09pm On Dec 24, 2012
oyb:

Muppet is too kind for you - you're dumber than a kindegarten stick man

and an illterate witches are chasing me noisemaker to boot

is that what you use to console your drunken master - oga , it is witches and wizards that are spoiling your fresh air?

jona and the superstitious monkeys
Why is 'he' saying... Abi, KOLO don enter DIABOLICAL mata?
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by aribisala0(m): 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2012
dnawah: Wat of electronic trains?are we not good enough to use better things in this country?we no want to the hear say fuel no dey or fuel finish 4 road o!
Sorry Sir
What is electronic train?
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by taharqa: 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Only fools believe empty promises again and again! Tell him to fix the power sector and revive the agricultural road map obasanjo left behind!
Just curious: what Agric Road map did OBJ leave behind?
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2012
taharqa: Why is 'he' saying... Abi, KOLO don enter DIABOLICAL mata?

oga, respond to what i wrote and stop dodging like a gej dunce

work has not began on any rail and may never
team gej - the masters of hyperexaggeration - na so them turn pipe manufacturer to hyndai heavy ship building plant

how far with the latest refinery tam that was supposed to close out this december?

empty barrels make the most noise
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by alex14(m): 4:13pm On Dec 24, 2012
Ikengawo: Glad to see Alaigwe (igbo land) wasn't excluded this time around.

Benin is set to be a MAJOR regional hub in Nigeria. Rail does more for a country than people anticipate. Rail created Johanesburg and Nairobi out of nothing.

You are brainless imbe'cile. Benin is set to be a major regional hub to you; may be you meant a major hub for international prozti!utes. Ieeediaat! Have you been to benin before? Miserable imbe.cile.
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by alex14(m): 4:17pm On Dec 24, 2012
Rossikk:

Some of you are just BRAINLESS, especially YOU. Why the HELL should the govt not announce its full plans and roadmap for the ENTIRE railway system? Why should we know ''only in batches'' what the rail blueprint for the nation is, and only after each ''batch'' is completed?? How does that help businesses to plan, for instance? Some of you type as if you never spent a single day in post-primary education. Even primary school students are more intelligent than some of you here. Ridiculous.
No, you are baster.d! Claiming Igbo when you are obviously an edo goat. Mr 'one nigeria' your lies are played out and no one is buying them.
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by jaybee(f): 4:20pm On Dec 24, 2012
chino24: The Federal Government has announced plans to construct 10 new rail lines to cover other parts of the country currently not linked by rail.

The Minister of Transport, Senator Idris Umar, said on Friday that already feasibility studies had commenced on seven of the proposed railway lines.

Umar, who spoke in Lagos at the inauguration of the Lagos-Kano train service and resumption of fuel haulage by train from Lagos to Offa, said that the feasibility studies on three other planned rail lines would be done in 2013.

The minister inaugurated the Lagos-Kano train, while the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, represented by the Managing Director, LAMATA, Dr. Dayo Mobereola, unveiled the fuel train.

He gave the total distance of the areas to be covered by the seven rail lines as 3,421 kilometres.

The minister said that at the completion of the feasibility studies, the railway development project would be undertaken through public private partnership arrangement.

“Upon final construction of these lines, it will improve mass movement of Nigerians and open windows for rapid economic development and regional integration,” he said.

Umar stressed that all the new rail lines would be constructed as standard gauge track for the movement of fast trains.

According to him, the new lines will cover Lagos-Sagamu-Ijebu Ode-Ore-Benin (300km); Benin-Agbor-Onitsha-Nnewi-Owerri-Aba, with additional line from Onitsha-Enugu-Abakaliki (500km).

It also included a 615km-high-speed rail track from Lagos to Abuja, passing through Lagos, Oshogbo and Baro.

The minister listed Ajaokuta (Eganyi) – Obajana – Jakura – Baro – Abuja, with additional line from Ajaokuta to Otukpo (533km); Zaria – Kaura Namoda – Sokoto –Illela- Birnin Koni (520km) as other areas to be covered.

Others are costal rail line linking Benin- Sapele-Warri-Yenogoa-Port Harcourt – Aba –Uyo-Akampa-Ikom-Obudu Cattle Ranch (673km); and Ajaokuta –Eganyi- Lokoja- Abaji –Abuja line (280km).

The other three lines, whose feasibility contracts would be awarded next year, are Port Harcourt-Umuahia-Enugu-Makurdi-Lafia-Kaduna-Bauchi-Gombe-Biu-Maiduguri; Ikom-Ogoja-Katsina Ala-Wukari-Jalingo-Yola-Maiduguri and Kani-Nguru-Gashua-Damaturu-Maiduguri-Gamborun-Ngala.

The minister also commented on the inaugurated Lagos-Kano line, saying the segment, which he described as the key to the development of the nation’s economy, “is vital to the start-off of the transformation of the Nigerian economy.”

He said the rehabilitation of the rail line, stretching 1,126km, was executed by two contractors, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (km 0-km 488) and Costain West Africa Plc (km 488).

Managing Director, Nigerian Railway Corporation, Mr. Adeseyi Sijuwade, said the rehabilitation project of the track and signalling system was awarded in 2009.

He said, “The opening of Lagos-Kano rail route will no doubt bring a lot of socio-economic benefits to the development of our nation, such as providing employment, enhancing trade and commerce within and outside our communities, as well as taking pressure off our overstressed roads thus reducing frequency of road accidents; it will also strengthen social integration and inter-cultural relationships.”

The NRC chief executive officer said the fuel train from Lagos to Offa had lifted 450,000 litres of diesel.

He said, “The return of freight service on the Lagos-Kano route will give ample opportunities to our numerous clients, such as Flour Mills, Lafarge Wapco Cement, Dangote Cement, Oando, Total, Sahara Energy, A-Z Oil and Inland Container Limited.”

www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-begins-work-on-10-new-rail-lines/

TOTAL NONSENSE!!

The headline is misleading - 'feasibility studies had commenced on seven of the proposed railway lines' No work has started. the feasibility of the projects is still being planned. what if the projects are found not feasible?

THIS IS ARRANT NONSENSE!!
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by aribisala0(m): 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2012
guy make up ya mind na! is it arrant or total nonsense? grin grin
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by ocelot2006(m): 4:51pm On Dec 24, 2012
ARES: Nice talk yippeee. Reality check: u seriously think that men like dangote, ABC, Oando, Rain oil and co who have invested billions in trucks for haulage will just fold their arms and watch u mess up their business?

You do know the rail network actually FAVOURS the people you just. Have you thought about tonnes of goods and other raw materials these entrepreneurs will be able to haul safely and smoothly via trains?

Btw, you do know the trucks you mentioned are only meant to haul finished goods manufactured by ONLY these companies, right?
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by ocelot2006(m): 5:08pm On Dec 24, 2012
Seriously, the negativity on this thread and the forum as a whole sickens me. One would've thought you guys would've commended the ongoing development in the nation's transport sector. a development that will not only transform our rail system, but equally create lots of jobs. But I guess I was wrong.

Well, nothing's going to stop this great nation from moving forward. If that gives you douches nightmares, feel free to boil stones to cure your damn sickness, or jump off the nearest cliff.
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by PointB: 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2012
I don't see anything wrong with government laying out such ambitious plan. It is possible that the present government may not be able to complete the project, but the fact that government is a continuum implies that a different administration can continue from where they stopped and complete the project.

Godspeed team GEJ.
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2012
ocelot2006:
Seriously, the negativity on this thread and the forum as a whole sickens me. One would've thought you guys would've commended the ongoing development in the nation's transport sector. a development that will not only transform our rail system, but equally create lots of jobs. But I guess I was wrong.

Well, nothing's going to stop this great nation from moving forward. If that gives you douches nightmares, feel free to boil stones to cure your damn sickness, or jump off the nearest cliff.

stop being a simpleton - the 'development' is not even on paper. is it that none of you can comprehend simple written English?

a FEASIBILITY study is being conducted. that will determine if any of these puported railway lines is a viable project

going by our fgs previous record of perpetually shifting goalposts - there is nothing to celebrate here. just move along to the next great empty commitment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School / No Going Back On Election Boycott — IPOB / EFCC Vs Saraki: An Unending Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.