Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners (7732 Views)

Dv Lottery Winners Pls Advice: Is There A Secret For Winning The Visa Lottery / How To Pass The Interview For America Visa Lottery Winners / Dv 2007 Lottery Winners In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by omega25red(m): 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2012
I Hate 9ja: @ omega and temmy.......pls how do people cope with their working scedule during cold winter
winter is something you get used to. Like everyone else you wear your t shirt, shirt, sweater and coat. put on your gloves and winter hat and go out to work. The worst mistake you can make is to get home after being in the cold and try to run hot water on your cold hands embarassed it will make a grown man cry. i learned that the hard way even after my mother rold me that someone did it and cried grin

Depending on your type of job or the state you live, winter will only affect you when you step outside.
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by omega25red(m): 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
temmytanny: my nurse friend in ohio isnt earn earning up to 60k per year and he has BSC and master(related)in nursing
your friend either just started in the feild or they are underplaying what they earn. A registered nurse who holds a masters in nursing will surly be making over 60k a year because registered nurses with a masters usually are administrators in the hospital they work in. Anyway who knows.
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2012
@ omega,temmy and adesoji.......if a 9ja dude abroad workz damn hard earning $2k per month....still trying to make ends meet.....the expectations of his people back wld be high.....moreover....how can one self sponsor his/herself in a college for 2 damn yearz wit just $2k per month working a fulltime job.............Houz am giving this u.s.a stuff a second thought.......i now av a view of wat folks are going tru outhere.....chai.....oga
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by ahmedgafar7(m): 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2012
@I hate 9ja it seems you don't know what 2k/month ȋ̝̊̅§ ....no offence.....you can feed a family of 6 with that...the price of house rent might affect it though...@temmytanny maybe you should google it T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ k₪☺w what I'm saying
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by gunners4u: 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2012
@omega25red, which state ar u in usa?
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
ahmedgafar7: @I hate 9ja it seems you don't know what 2k/month ȋ̝̊̅§ ....no offence.....you can feed a family of 6 with that...the price of house rent might affect it though...@temmytanny maybe you should google it T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ k₪☺w what I'm saying
@ ahmed,to live in a comfortable apartment in baltimore u wld av $1500 per month and @ worst $700-800 per month........taxes,feeding,maybe send few buckz down home to 9ja.....saving few buckz @ d bank....wat do u av left....and me as a case study,i wanna further my education even if it is A.A degree...though i am finishing my HND in few monthz but who cares
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by deybowlah: 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Yes owing a car plays a sgnificant role, but you have to follow the process; apply for drivers licence,pass the road test and get your licence because without a licence you can not even buy a car.I think you have a better chance with your masters you can start as a teacher assistant and later evaluate your certificate or vise versa.
thanks very much for the info. I av learnt from you. I will keep getting intouch when I need some info. I hope you wouldn't mind quotee author=adesojiaderemi
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by ahmedgafar7(m): 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
I Hate 9ja:
@ ahmed,to live in a comfortable apartment in baltimore u wld av $1500 per month and @ worst $700-800 per month........taxes,feeding,maybe send few buckz down home to 9ja.....saving few buckz @ d bank....wat do u av left....and me as a case study,i wanna further my education even if it is A.A degree...though i am finishing my HND in few monthz but who cares
I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ which ever way we will survive it
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by ojdollars(m): 2:47am On Dec 30, 2012
omega25red: The only job that allows you to earn $10,000 monthly is either drug dealling, credit card scamming, if you own real estate property, if you are a ceo of a major business, you work on wall street and you scored a major account, a pastor of a mega church Or you are a bank robber.

i swear i wish you all success with your visas and i can't wait for all you guys to get out here to see reality because you guys seem to have a different outlook of what work life is like for people out here.

Do you really live in the US?

Petroleum Engineering: $180,000... (6 Years of Education in this field) I have a friend who does this Job in Colorado, he graduated from PTI in Nigeria, got here and further his Education. You can even get a Job without studying Petroleum Engineering in School. Now if you divide that figure above monthly, it's above $10k... A Lot of this Offshore Job you can find in state like North Dakota, CO, TX and in Canada also.

Management: $100K upward....

And Many others... Don't have the time to start writing tonight.... But many of this Job requires an entry level pay and so on.
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 30, 2012
Listen up guys, if you just got your visa and plan coming to the U.S, don't go near the list of states listed below:

New York, New Jersey, Pensylvania, Maryland, Florida, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Maine, California, Louisiana and few others. There is no way you earn a living in these states because your monthly income alone is not sufficient for your rent and petty bills.

Those states listed above are too expensive to live in. The kind of jobs they have in those states are not sufficient enough to earn you a living in the current U.S.

Your best bet states to move to include, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Ohio, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesotta, North Dakorta, South Dakorta, Colorado and few more. In these states you could be earning at the lowest between $1500 and $2000 per month or up to $3000 if lucky, which is not bad for someone coming from Nigeria. When you get here, you will have the opportunity to go to college and take up a good course that can lead you to high paying job within 4 years. You don't even need to pay for going to school immediately as government helps you with loan which you pay back with ease after your studies.

Don't let anyone paint a rosy scenario of U.S to you. It is not easy here. But I promise you that if you are not lazy, you live a better life than someone earning 3.5 million naira in Nigeria. You will have the opportunity to buy a very good car in the U.S within three months, live in a very good, clean and secure apartment within two months after you start working. America is that place where whoever work and live within his or her means can live a fufilling life.

I was once a student myself. I was going to school and working full time with all kinds of menial jobs. I used to take up 1 full time job and 2 part time jobs in the summer doing 16-18 hours a day. To God be the Glory, it is a story I love telling people.
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
payless: Listen up guys, if you just got your visa and plan coming to the U.S, don't go near the list of states listed below:

New York, New Jersey, Pensylvania, Maryland, Florida, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Maine, California, Louisiana and few others. There is no way you earn a living in these states because your monthly income alone is not sufficient for your rent and petty bills.

Those states listed above are too expensive to live in. The kind of jobs they have in those states are not sufficient enough to earn you a living in the current U.S.

Your best bet states to move to include, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Ohio, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesotta, North Dakorta, South Dakorta, Colorado and few more. In these states you could be earning at the lowest between $1500 and $2000 per month or up to $3000 if lucky, which is not bad for someone coming from Nigeria. When you get here, you will have the opportunity to go to college and take up a good course that can lead you to high paying job within 4 years. You don't even need to pay for going to school immediately as government helps you with loan which you pay back with ease after your studies.

Don't let anyone paint a rosy scenario of U.S to you. It is not easy here. But I promise you that if you are not lazy, you live a better life than someone earning 3.5 million naira in Nigeria. You will have the opportunity to buy a very good car in the U.S within three months, live in a very good, clean and secure apartment within two months after you start working. America is that place where whoever work and live within his or her means can live a fufilling life.

I was once a student myself. I was going to school and working full time with all kinds of menial jobs. I used to take up 1 full time job and 2 part time jobs in the summer doing 16-18 hours a day. To God be the Glory, it is a story I love telling people.

very motivating.....thankz for this insight info
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
payless: Listen up guys, if you just got your visa and plan coming to the U.S, don't go near the list of states listed below:

oh boy e be like say you be Republican, why you come tag all the blue state no go area? I beg I live in Massachusetts and I am living good,I also have over 5000 Nigerian living good in this area,pls stop discouraging people about my state we need more Nigerians here I beg plus that your $1500-$2000 is a chicken change for here, minimum wage for MA $8.5 unlike Texas $7.25 I beg.
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2012
@ payless......pls which state do u reside.moreover i only av folks in baltimore,pls can u give this house tips on how to relocate to the above mentioned stated as a new 9ja guy abroad
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

oh boy e be like say you be Republican, why you come tag all the blue state no go area? I beg I live in Massachusetts and I am living good,I also have over 5000 Nigerian living good in this area,pls stop discouraging people about my state we need more Nigerians here I beg plus that your $1500-$2000 is a chicken change for here, minimum wage for MA $8.5 unlike Texas $7.25 I beg.
Gudafternoon sir,
my question is how far can $2k monthly salary sustain a new 9ja immigrant abroad......house rent,college feez,billz,feeding etc,9ja certificate cant go too far overthere to secure a 9ice paying job......pls we need ur advice
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

But my point is that; Massachusetts is expensive to live in. I have friends and family there too. I have been to Boston, Lancaster, Milford and I know what I am saying. For example, how do you compare someone who makes $2000 a month to someone who makes $2000 in Texas? Two bedroom apartment in Boston environs cost between $1200-$3000 per month, whereas it cost between $500 and $900 in Texas, Georgia, or Oklahoma. So don't compare apple to orange.

Massachusetts has one of the most expensive tax rates in America. The cost of living in Massachusetts is three times higher than that of Texas, Oklahoma or Georgia. Here in North Carolina, we have families moving here from Massachusetts and other New England states every week. North carolina DMV said last year that the number of drivers' license they have been processing are mostly for people coming from out of state and Massachussets and New Jersey were one of the states where people relocating from.
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 30, 2012
I Hate 9ja: @ payless......pls which state do u reside.moreover i only av folks in baltimore,pls can u give this house tips on how to relocate to the above mentioned stated as a new 9ja guy abroad

I live in North Carolina. Try as much as possible to have up to $4000 beofore you leave Nigeria. Baltimore, Maryland is one of the most expensive city to live in the U.S. Make sure you have someone to stay with for at least two months and be ready to supplement their bill payment for the duration you stay there. You will be better of staying with someone you know before you proceed to those states that I mentioned. If you end up staying in Baltimore for few weeks, get on the internet and check rent in the states I have recommended. Just decide to pay them six month rent upfront before you move there. My friend did the same thing in Texas last year without securing a job. It was a risk but it paid of. He got a job three months after moving to Texas. Although his wife secured a a job within days after moving to Houston, Texas.
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by gunners4u: 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2012
Pls hw long does medical result expired
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by chirpywest(m): 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2012
ojdollars:

Petroleum Engineering: $180,000... (6 Years of Education in this field) I have a friend who does this Job in Colorado, he graduated from PTI in Nigeria, got here and further his Education. You can even get a Job without studying Petroleum Engineering in School. Now if you divide that figure above monthly, it's above $10k... A Lot of this Offshore Job you can find in state like North Dakota, CO, TX and in Canada also.

And Many others... Don't have the time to start writing tonight.... But many of this Job requires an entry level pay and so on.
OJ my man, what's up? Tried calling ur line but was unable to reach u. Wanna find out the impact or how intense is winter in Irving cos am planning to land around febrauary 2013 with my wife and I guess she is gonna be three months heavy then. So is 1room apt gonna be ok for us?
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by omega25red(m): 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
ojdollars:

yes I do in fact live in the u.s. do you? Also I guess you only read one of my posts and you must have missed where I said I know there are a lot of professions where you can earn 100k. You should read the whole post before you comment
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by omega25red(m): 7:51pm On Dec 30, 2012
gunners4u: @omega25red, which state ar u in usa?
i am in the Alexandria Virginia area
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by omega25red(m): 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
payless:

I live in North Carolina. Try as much as possible to have up to $4000 beofore you leave Nigeria. Baltimore, Maryland is one of the most expensive city to live in the U.S. Make sure you have someone to stay with for at least two months and be ready to supplement their bill payment for the duration you stay there. You will be better of staying with someone you know before you proceed to those states that I mentioned. If you end up staying in Baltimore for few weeks, get on the internet and check rent in the states I have recommended. Just decide to pay them six month rent upfront before you move there. My friend did the same thing in Texas last year without securing a job. It was a risk but it paid of. He got a job three months after moving to Texas. Although his wife secured a a job within days after moving to Houston, Texas.
so true bro. Though there are some areas in Baltimore that are super cheap due to crimes. When you are living with someone you better not rest while searching for a job because they can get tired of you staying with them before you even find a job
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
omega25red: so true bro. Though there are some areas in Baltimore that are super cheap due to crimes. When you are living with someone you better not rest while searching for a job because they can get tired of you staying with them before you even find a job
another word of advice for me .........NOTED
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by ojdollars(m): 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
More Information About The City Of Irving, Texas in Dallas County...

http://www.cityofirving.org/
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by ojdollars(m): 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
omega25red: yes I do in fact live in the u.s. do you? Also I guess you only read one of my posts and you must have missed where I said I know there are a lot of professions where you can earn 100k. You should read the whole post before you comment

Bros No vex... Perhaps na me nor read your post well...area...
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
@ ojdollarz and omega,is getting a roustabout oil rig job that hard.........which state is easy to get this job
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
ojdollars: More Information About The City Of Irving, Texas in Dallas County...

http://www.cityofirving.org/

Irving is a nice city. I remember going there for holiday in 2001. Very close to Dallas.
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by omega25red(m): 1:12am On Dec 31, 2012
I Hate 9ja: @ ojdollarz and omega,is getting a roustabout oil rig job that hard.........which state is easy to get this job
sorry bro but I don't know anything about oil rig job. I know more about IT
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by ojdollars(m): 4:26am On Dec 31, 2012
[quote author=I Hate 9ja]@ ojdollarz and omega,is getting a roustabout oil rig job that hard.........which state is easy to get this job[

RIGZONE - Your Gateway to the Oil & Gas Industry

www.rigzone.com
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 31, 2012
this shows that life in america is not that easy as people think,with an income that i earn from forex trading i enjoy naija,my mum who lives in houston,texas said that she pays 650 dollars for a 2 bedroom apartment,and what came to my mind was that the amount that i pay for a three bedroom apartment at lekki is not even up to half that amount.i think families that have relations in usa needs to read eveything on this thread so that they will know the reason why some of their relations may not be sending the kind of money they expect them to send and they should believe them when they say e no easy.lol.but anyway over there you will enjoy your money there with rest of mind unlike here wey be say i go dey fear boko haram.lol.
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:24am On Dec 31, 2012
payless:

But my point is that; Massachusetts is expensive to live in. I have friends and family there too. I have been to Boston, Lancaster, Milford and I know what I am saying. For example, how do you compare someone who makes $2000 a month to someone who makes $2000 in Texas? Two bedroom apartment in Boston environs cost between $1200-$3000 per month, whereas it cost between $500 and $900 in Texas, Georgia, or Oklahoma. So don't compare apple to orange.

Massachusetts has one of the most expensive tax rates in America. The cost of living in Massachusetts is three times higher than that of Texas, Oklahoma or Georgia. Here in North Carolina, we have families moving here from Massachusetts and other New England states every week. North carolina DMV said last year that the number of drivers' license they have been processing are mostly for people coming from out of state and Massachussets and New Jersey were one of the states where people relocating from.

I understand your point payless, cost of living in MA is 34.5 % higher than North Carolina and that means if you are paid $26,000 in Massachusetts if you take same type of job in NC you will only earn $17,020.I intended coming to NC but I ended up in MA and I am glad I am here.Wherever we find ourselves may the blessing of God abide with us.
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 31, 2012
[quote author=ojdollars][/quote]
thankz Boss,i visited the site yesterday while surfing,but couldnt get the job vacancy.........wld recheck again
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2012
ufotuko: this shows that life in america is not that easy as people think,with an income that i earn from forex trading i enjoy naija,my mum who lives in houston,texas said that she pays 650 dollars for a 2 bedroom apartment,and what came to my mind was that the amount that i pay for a three bedroom apartment at lekki is not even up to half that amount.i think families that have relations in usa needs to read eveything on this thread so that they will know the reason why some of their relations may not be sending the kind of money they expect them to send and they should believe them when they say e no easy.lol.but anyway over there you will enjoy your money there with rest of mind unlike here wey be say i go dey fear boko haram.lol.

How much do you pay for rent per month at Lekki? Please, let us know this. It is just impossible to get apartment for less than $650 per month at Lekki.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Between Denmark,poland,ireland And Sweden...where??? / Rip-offs At Nigerian Airports / Uk Student Visa Denied Please Help Me Reapply! Urgent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.