Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners (7731 Views)

Dv Lottery Winners Pls Advice: Is There A Secret For Winning The Visa Lottery / How To Pass The Interview For America Visa Lottery Winners / Dv 2007 Lottery Winners In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by akpan123(m): 1:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
JOBS. FIRST YOU MUST SET AN OBJECTIVE FOR YOUR SELF. THE PLANNING START RIGHT FROM NIGERIA.

I.D , GET A VALID INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LIC, THAT WILL HELP YOU IN GETTING YOUR DRIVING LIC EASILY

SECONDLY IF YOU HAVE YOUR TRANSCRIPT , HAVE TO SEND IT THROUGH YOUR PREVIOUS COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITIES TO THE REQUIRED ORGANISATION IN THE USA. SO AS TO HAVE IT EVALUATED.

THIRDLY YOU HAVE TO BE READY TO INTEGRATE INTO SYSTEM, CULTURE , INTUNATION, PRIDE , ETC

JOBS WISE , YOU MIGHT NOT GET WHAT YOU WANT , RIGHT NOW . BUT IF YOU ARE FOCUS . YOU WILL MAKE IT.

JOB SITES, INDEED.COM, CAREER BUILDERS. ETC

JOBS OPPOERTUNITIES CVS, RITE AID , GIANT , SECURITY GUARD, ETC

THESE ENABLE YOU TO HAVE A SOURCE OF INCOME. AND LATER SET OUT YOUR GOALS.

THERE ARE CERTAIN FACTORS THAT , YOU HAVE TO CONSIDER. AGE , MARRIED OR SINGLE. EDUCATION QUALIFICATION ETC.

E.G IF YOU HAVE YOUR W.A.E. C AND CAN COMMUNICATE IN ENGLISH. YOU CAN TAKE THE STATE GOV EXAM FOR PRISON OFFICERS , IS FREE AND IS A WALK IN EXAM, IF YOU PASS AND CAN GO THROUGH THE TRAINING , ABOUT 6 WKS. THEN YOU CAN EARN ABOUT
18 DOLLARS TO 25 DOLLARS AN HOUR. AND A LOT OF OVER TIME , MEANS ONE AND HALF. WHEN YOU WORK ABOVE 40HOURS. YOU CAN SAVE ENOUGH MONEY AND MOVE ON.MIND YOU THE TRAINING IS PAID.

EITHER GO BACK TO UPGRADE YOUR EDUCATIONAL STATUS OR INVEST YOUR FUND.

IF CVS , RITE AID . YOU EARN AROUND . 9 TO 11 DOLLARS. BUT IF YOU WANNA GO TO COLLEGE AND WORK, THEN PICK UP JOBS
THAT WILL ENABLE YOU TO STUDY WELL ON THE JOB, E.G NURSING JOBS PVT DUTY. 9PM TO 6AM YOU WORK FROM 9 TO LIKE 11PM. THE PT WILL BE ASLEEP AND YOU CAN STUDY, IF YOU ARE STUDENT OR REST A LITTLE BIT. TO BE CONTINUED
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by ojdollars(m): 3:37am On Jan 06, 2013
jejelady:
No problem, Mr. Oj. I live in d north Dallas. Right now, there is an opening for escrow agents in westlake for 16.00/ hr. My patner is working on getting some ppl to the temp agency.

Thank you aunty Jejelady... I told someone who live in Dallas abt this job, na my own boy. How I go fit contact you na? Any email or way to reach you? Me I dey live for IRVING, DFW Area. Around MacArthur... We fit meet up after work if thats OK?
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by edimop: 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
Winners of 2013 Dvlottery winners/interview preparations Discuss here
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by edimop: 5:56pm On Jan 06, 2013
edimop: Winners of 2013 Dvlottery winners/interview preparations Discuss here
hello house,pls am among d selectee of d 2013 dvlottery winners.I hav sent all documents to d KCC,stil waitn to be sheduled for an interview.pls my questions is,what's the likely preparation one shud take in as regards to the coming interview.pls any tips abt ds peep?I also wana appreciate NL for being there,if nt for u,many mistakes wld be put a lot of peep in a journey of no return.....once again fenx to ur cooperations.....
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by justwise(m): 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
edimop: hello house,pls am among d selectee of d 2013 dvlottery winners.I hav sent all documents to d KCC,stil waitn to be sheduled for an interview.pls my questions is,what's the likely preparation one shud take in as regards to the coming interview.pls any tips abt ds peep?I also wana appreciate NL for being there,if nt for u,many mistakes wld be put a lot of peep in a journey of no return.....once again fenx to ur cooperations.....

edimop: Winners of 2013 Dvlottery winners/interview preparations Discuss here

https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
house......@ ojdo$$ars and co....u know in 9ja we spend dirty and cellotaped currency....does such exist in u.s.a
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by ojdollars(m): 1:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
I Hate 9ja: house......@ ojdo$$ars and co....u know in 9ja we spend dirty and cellotaped currency....does such exist in u.s.a

Yes na, no body go reject ur cash as long as its not fake..
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
ojdollars:

Yes na, no body go reject ur cash as long as its not fake..
thank's bozz,pls is it possible to work for 16hr's per day
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by ojdollars(m): 3:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
thank's bozz,pls is it possible to work for 16hr's per day

Yes, in construction ind.
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
ojdollars:

Yes, in construction ind.
@ojdollar'z,thank's for ur reply.how is texas
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by ojdollars(m): 5:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
@ojdollar'z,thank's for ur reply.how is texas

Texas balm ooh bros.
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
Hustling abroad doesn't worth,to make big buck's anywhere on earth take's God's grace and interventioni cant imagine this $10 or $9 of a thing per hour...........hmmmmm
may the Lord almighty bless and multiply the Labour of our hand's
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
Hustling abroad doesn't worth it,to make big buck's anywhere on earth take's God's grace and interventioni cant imagine this $10 or $9 of a thing per hour...........hmmmmm
may the Lord almighty bless and multiply the Labour of our hand's
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by adesojiaderemi(m): 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
TIPS for getting a job(culled from Career Builder)
Don't let bad news get you down
"Don't listen to the doom and gloom that you hear in the news. People are getting jobs every day, and companies are growing, even in a down economy. I say this as a business owner, whose biggest challenge over the past year has been finding quality help. I have also seen it with other local business owners who are looking to hire. I believe that people get an idea that there are no jobs because of all the negativity they hear about the job numbers in the media, so they buy into that and give up, while others go for it and find great jobs, regardless of the economic indicators." -- Anthony Kirlew, founder and CEO of AKA Internet Marketing

Find what makes you passionate
"If you don't focus your job search on something you are passionate about, you won't stand out enough. Your networking, your résumé and your interviews all have to show a spark to get attention, especially in a tight economy. The good news is it's a great time to tap into what you love and then match that to the job market. It's possible and essential." -- Val Nelson, career and business coach

Show how you add value
"Figure out what value you can provide. Your credentials and your past are nice but secondary. I am glad you think you are great, but it's of little consequence to me. Convince me that my future is better with you than without you. Value, value, value -- that's where it is at. Once you know the value you provide, make it clear in your résumé, cover letter and interview." -- Ann Latham, president of consulting and business-services company Uncommon Clarity

Network, network, network
"Network with all kinds of people for useful market information, not just information about specific job openings or companies that are known to be hiring. Learn about the larger world and environment." -- Tammy Gooler Loeb, career and executive coach at Tammy Gooler Loeb Coaching & Consulting

Stay positive
"Positivity and persistence are key. Stay optimistic throughout the process and keep going until you achieve your goal." -- Lynda Zugec, managing director of The Workforce Consultants

Stand out from the crowd
"Every candidate is punctual, responsible and gets on well with people. To avoid blending in with the crowd, highlight unique elements of your personal brand. For example, a candidate listed an around-the-world trip she took in college as an educational experience. When we read that, we had to hear the story, so she got an interview and eventually a job. Don't skip or gloss over the cover letter. This is your opportunity to make a personal impression and connection. A résumé is just a list of facts about you, but the cover letter gives a hiring agent insight into your personality. We hire people, not résumés
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by temmytanny(m): 4:56am On Jan 09, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
TIPS for getting a job(culled from Career Builder)
Don't let bad news get you down
"Don't listen to the doom and gloom that you hear in the news. People are getting jobs every day, and companies are growing, even in a down economy. I say this as a business owner, whose biggest challenge over the past year has been finding quality help. I have also seen it with other local business owners who are looking to hire. I believe that people get an idea that there are no jobs because of all the negativity they hear about the job numbers in the media, so they buy into that and give up, while others go for it and find great jobs, regardless of the economic indicators." -- Anthony Kirlew, founder and CEO of AKA Internet Marketing

Find what makes you passionate
"If you don't focus your job search on something you are passionate about, you won't stand out enough. Your networking, your résumé and your interviews all have to show a spark to get attention, especially in a tight economy. The good news is it's a great time to tap into what you love and then match that to the job market. It's possible and essential." -- Val Nelson, career and business coach

Show how you add value
"Figure out what value you can provide. Your credentials and your past are nice but secondary. I am glad you think you are great, but it's of little consequence to me. Convince me that my future is better with you than without you. Value, value, value -- that's where it is at. Once you know the value you provide, make it clear in your résumé, cover letter and interview." -- Ann Latham, president of consulting and business-services company Uncommon Clarity

Network, network, network
"Network with all kinds of people for useful market information, not just information about specific job openings or companies that are known to be hiring. Learn about the larger world and environment." -- Tammy Gooler Loeb, career and executive coach at Tammy Gooler Loeb Coaching & Consulting

Stay positive
"Positivity and persistence are key. Stay optimistic throughout the process and keep going until you achieve your goal." -- Lynda Zugec, managing director of The Workforce Consultants

Stand out from the crowd
"Every candidate is punctual, responsible and gets on well with people. To avoid blending in with the crowd, highlight unique elements of your personal brand. For example, a candidate listed an around-the-world trip she took in college as an educational experience. When we read that, we had to hear the story, so she got an interview and eventually a job. Don't skip or gloss over the cover letter. This is your opportunity to make a personal impression and connection. A résumé is just a list of facts about you, but the cover letter gives a hiring agent insight into your personality. We hire people, not résumés
tanx bro
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by kinzzo112(m): 12:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
@akpan123, does it mean people with NECO certi. will have problem?
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by gunners4u: 6:54pm On Jan 12, 2013
Bros ojdollar am coming to Grand Prairie hope d place is gud 4 new immgirant
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by temmytanny(m): 4:25am On Jan 13, 2013
gunners4u: Bros ojdollar am coming to Grand Prairie hope d place is gud 4 new immgirant
I stay in grand prairie,to make it here you may need a car to get the best jobs around,lots of jobs around here but moving around is very vital.Not trying to scare you but its the fact here and in some places like arlington,coppell,southlake etc.Its only in central dallas that you may find bus or rail to take you to office.
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by ojdollars(m): 2:06am On Jan 14, 2013
gunners4u: Bros ojdollar am coming to Grand Prairie hope d place is gud 4 new immgirant

@Gunners4u .... When you coming, email me and let me know. Dfw area is good.
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by gunners4u: 10:10am On Jan 14, 2013
Ok bross. Tanks
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by temmytanny(m): 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
For those coming to US read this about best places to get job

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-10-best-cities-for-job-seekers-195522601.html

Looking for a new job? You may want to start here. Often, the ability to secure a steady paycheck–and make it last–depends on where you call home.

Researchers at financial literacy website NerdWallet examined the 26 biggest cities in the U.S. to find out which are the most promising hubs for job seekers. They looked at population growth between 2010 and 2011 as an indication of overall business growth, the local unemployment rate, the median income of residents, and the cost of living, which reflects how far your dollar will go.

The result? Austin, Tex., emerged as the best city for job seekers, with explosive population growth and a below average unemployment rate. It also features a low cost of living–renting a two-bedroom apartment, for example, averages just $968 a month.

“If a city is growing quickly, there’s an underlying ripple effect of more companies and a greater need for services,” says Stephanie Wei, VP of Financial Literacy at NerdWallet. “Austin is becoming a tech hub. IBM and Dell are there, and it’s attracting more biotechnology businesses.”

In fact, five of the top 10 cities are located in Texas. Not only does the state generally feature a low cost of living, but Wei says its cities have done a nice job differentiating themselves. Houston, Fort Worth, Dallas and San Antonio are all up-and-coming hubs for niche industries like telecom and bioscience.

Many job seekers believe the biggest city will offer the biggest paychecks. However, Wei cautions that cost of living is an important metric that many undervalue. Living in New York, for example, costs more than twice as much as the national average, so paychecks get eaten up by rent bills. “At the end of the day, what really matters is your net paycheck,” she says. “You can’t assume the biggest city is the best.”

NerdWallet’s top-10 list, with median two-bedroom apartment rent included for reference:

No. 1: Austin, TX
Population Growth: 3.8%
Unemployment Rate: 6.2%
Median Income: $31,170
Median Rent: $968

No. 2: Washington, DC
Population Growth: 2.7%
Unemployment Rate: 10.2%
Median Income: $43,993
Median Rent: $1,823

No. 3: San Francisco, CA
Population Growth: 0.9%
Unemployment Rate: 8.6%
Median Income: $46,777
Median Rent: $2,702

No. 4: Denver, CO
Population Growth: 3.3%
Unemployment Rate: 9.1%
Median Income: $32,051
Median Rent: $931

No. 5: Houston, TX
Population Growth: 2.2%
Unemployment Rate: 8.2%
Median Income: $26,849
Median Rent: $1,311

No. 6: Fort Worth, TX
Population Growth: 2.3%
Unemployment Rate: 8.0%
Median Income: $24,270
Median Rent: $980

No. 7: Dallas, TX
Population Growth: 2.1%
Unemployment Rate: 8.5%
Median Income: $27,251
Median Rent: $792

No. 8: Seattle, WA
Population Growth: 2.0%
Unemployment Rate: 7.5%
Median Income: $41,695
Median Rent: $1,417

No. 9: San Antonio, TX
Population Growth: 2.4%
Unemployment Rate: 7.4%
Median Income: $22,333
Median Rent: $823

No. 10: Charlotte, NC
Population Growth: 2.7%
Unemployment Rate: 9.2%
Median Income: $31,667
Median Rent: $790
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by gunners4u: 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2013
Bros temmy which county grand praire belong to
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by temmytanny(m): 9:57pm On Jan 26, 2013
gunners4u: Bros temmy which county grand praire belong to
tarrant county
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by gunners4u: 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2013
Tanks bros.
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 28, 2013
gunners4u: Tanks bros.
wat's going on bro..........i guess u shld be in tx,by now......my spirit doesnt go well with ur host......time dey go bro
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by gunners4u: 1:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
@hate naija. tanks 4 ur concern. My flight money will soon complete, i pray by feb i will be texas by God grace
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2013
@ gunnerz........ Amen bro praying for u......u no go carry last
Re: Immigrants Jobs For Lottery Winners by nkkystel(f): 11:03pm On Jan 28, 2013
payless: Listen up guys, if you just got your visa and plan coming to the U.S, don't go near the list of states listed below:

New York, New Jersey, Pensylvania, Maryland, Florida, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Maine, California, Louisiana and few others. There is no way you earn a living in these states because your monthly income alone is not sufficient for your rent and petty bills.

Those states listed above are too expensive to live in. The kind of jobs they have in those states are not sufficient enough to earn you a living in the current U.S.

Your best bet states to move to include, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Ohio, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesotta, North Dakorta, South Dakorta, Colorado and few more. In these states you could be earning at the lowest between $1500 and $2000 per month or up to $3000 if lucky, which is not bad for someone coming from Nigeria. When you get here, you will have the opportunity to go to college and take up a good course that can lead you to high paying job within 4 years. You don't even need to pay for going to school immediately as government helps you with loan which you pay back with ease after your studies.

Don't let anyone paint a rosy scenario of U.S to you. It is not easy here. But I promise you that if you are not lazy, you live a better life than someone earning 3.5 million naira in Nigeria. You will have the opportunity to buy a very good car in the U.S within three months, live in a very good, clean and secure apartment within two months after you start working. America is that place where whoever work and live within his or her means can live a fufilling life.

I was once a student myself. I was going to school and working full time with all kinds of menial jobs. I used to take up 1 full time job and 2 part time jobs in the summer doing 16-18 hours a day. To God be the Glory, it is a story I love telling people.

Pls what about Dothan in Alabama.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Visa On Arrival For Nigerian Babies And Foreigners / Between Denmark,poland,ireland And Sweden...where??? / Uk Student Visa Denied Please Help Me Reapply! Urgent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.