Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed (4878 Views)

Abusive Words Turned To Slangs, Are They Truly Manifesting? / Jamming Spot For Londoners And Britons... All London Slangs & Twangs Are Allowed / Nigerian Pidgin Internet Slangs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by mruknaijaboy(m): 12:14am On Jan 01, 2013
shymexx:

Naija is where the money is at, get that naija oil money, g... dun noe..

Trust g real talk, how does man get into the oil business sector doe?
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 2:54am On Jan 01, 2013
shymexx:

The same thing is happening in souf ldn but I don't it's going to change anything, to be honest... Where are they going to push the thousands of council estates dwellers to?? And London fields, clapton etc. in the horizon - Hackney definitely will always be the same poor and rowdy ends... grin

Oh well - tell them to get with the programme and start rating the most expensive "ghetto" borough in Ldn... grin Norf ain't all that, anyway - you lot have got Tottenham, Edmonton, Clapton, Wood Green etc.. and their post code nonsense... Even Enfield and Palmers Green are also getting rowdy now... Souf remains the best!!

True... You just need to create your fun and it depends on how to move, to be honest...We rinsed brum when I was there... grin

You knows the turf wars... who you really ridin with?! You travel here a lot really init grin. You're right though, I don't see rich folk in a hurry to flood Pembury estate, but I'll always remain cynical until the very last kebab shop falls. Then I'll cry "i told you so". Ever seen a 24 hour 100% organic vegetable shop. Visit stoke newington, where you can buy your emergency 5-a-day undecided

Souf ldn is one massive housing estate grin. Peckham boundaries could be argued to reach southbank to... Croydon (check out my Souf ldn geographic knowledge). Yes, a mighty expensive and expansive ghetto indeed.
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 3:04am On Jan 01, 2013
Flytefalls:
You knows the turf wars... who you really ridin with?! You travel here a lot really init grin. You're right though, I don't see rich folk in a hurry to flood Pembury estate, but ill always remain cynical until the very last kebab shop falls. B

I'm too old and educated for turf wars, that's these likke yutes who're still on the crossroads trying to find themselves and that... grin Not on the road thing still, just getting my peez up... and looking flee for the girlies..grin

Souf ldn is one massive housing estate, Peckham boundaries could be argued to reach southbank that would make it one expensive ghetto imo.

There aren't too many housing Estates in Peckham anymore, most of them have been demolished to make way for terrace houses and normal flats... The same can't be said about other parts of london... Southwark is still the best "black" borough in London...

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yraDEKFJhc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQYe-vyYKyc
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 3:07am On Jan 01, 2013
mruknaijaboy:

Trust g real talk, how does man get into the oil business sector doe?

That's what I'm trying to find out still... I'm doing my own personal research and networking, and I'll start going to naija like every 6 months starting from this year...

Dem mans need to allow it and let me in... grin I'll bring you in when I find a breakthrough still.. cool

I need that oil peez, don... dun noe
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 3:07am On Jan 01, 2013
*Kails*:
shymmex and flytefalls..
please help with some of the lingo...

wtf is up with "blud"? grin

i was watching a few jamo-british movies and it's like every other word was followed
by "blud". LMAO. is it kind of like how we say "fam"?
Yeah I would say it's another form of "fam", "cuz", "bredrin", "CO'd".. smiley.
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 3:10am On Jan 01, 2013
*Kails*:
shymmex and flytefalls..
please help with some of the lingo...

wtf is up with "blud"? grin

i was watching a few jamo-british movies and it's like every other word was followed
by "blud". LMAO. is it kind of like how we say "fam"?

They have answered your question... grin

We say "cuz" as well... It depends on the area, anyway...

We copied it from the yanks...
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 3:14am On Jan 01, 2013
I wish someone would let me direct their inner city rap video undecided #thinkingoutloud

Thanks for sharing, 2nd video one had my head bopping lol. One likes to feel a lil gangster occasionally grin
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 3:28am On Jan 01, 2013
I hear that... Just something to bop to occassionally and reminisce growing up on those gully roads... grin And I know most of the doozies and the youngers in the two videos..

This is what I'm into right about now - ending the vicious cycle of poverty and ghetto-ism and black people creating wealth...

JAJA SOZE - BLACK EMPIRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a8OspHb6b4
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 3:31am On Jan 01, 2013
shymexx: I hear that... Just something to bop to occassionally and reminisce growing up on those gully roads... grin And I know most of the doozies and the youngers in the two videos..

This is what I'm into right about now - ending the vicious cycle of poverty and ghetto-ism and black people creating wealth...

JAJA SOZE - BLACK EMPIRE

^^^^I love that video!!!
he's speaking nothing but the truth. Is he Jamo?

mruknaijaboy:

yeh its basically the same thing, how long have u lived in london/uk?

never lol. grin
haven't even visited.
i would though just to see what's its like.
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 3:33am On Jan 01, 2013
Flytefalls:
Yeah I would say it's another form of "fam", "cuz", "bredrin", "CO'd".. smiley.

shymexx:

They have answered your question... grin

We say "cuz" as well... It depends on the area, anyway...

We copied it from the yanks...

AAAH! ok.
I was like wtf? I watched that movie called "Bullet Boy"
and every other line ended with "blud". grin thanks guys.
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 3:35am On Jan 01, 2013
shymexx:

I'm too old and educated for turf wars, that's these likke yutes who're still on the crossroads trying to find themselves and that... grin Not on the road thing still, just getting my peez up... and looking flee for the girlies..grin

There aren't too many housing Estates in Peckham anymore, most of them have been demolished to make way for terrace houses and normal flats... The same can't be said about other parts of london... Southwark is still the best "black" borough in London...

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yraDEKFJhc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQYe-vyYKyc

"British" black duded have so much swag!
I can't take the accent sometimes but it's kinda cute too. grin
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 4:26am On Jan 01, 2013
shymexx: I hear that... Just something to bop to occassionally and reminisce growing up on those gully roads... grin And I know most of the doozies and the youngers in the two videos..

JAJA SOZE - BLACK EMPIRE

"Tel-lie-vision". I love this rap, a lot. A paranoid reality, no. Just the sad truth about how we (mis)fit into a model that wasn't meant for us. I work in public health, I see this everyday undecided.
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by mruknaijaboy(m): 4:40am On Jan 01, 2013
*Kails*:

AAAH! ok.
I was like wtf? I watched that movie called "Bullet Boy"
and every other line ended with "blud". grin thanks guys.

The word 'blud'was a popular slang back in the early 2000s which was when bullet boy was made, but the word blud has been replaced with many different slang words like what flytfalls said

Blud=fam/cuz/bruddah/g/ak/darg

and theres others but those are the ones you would most likely hear, i dont want to confuse u with all these different words which mean the same thing

*Kails*:

never lol. grin
haven't even visited.
i would though just to see what's its like.

Yeh you should come at least once to see it, u will like it here sha

I recommend some other black uk films you should watch

Anuvahood
Kidulthood
Adulthood

Its funny how they all have hood in their titles also, how original lol
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 01, 2013
Flytefalls:

"Tel-lie-vision". I love this rap, a lot. A paranoid reality, no. Just the sad truth about how we (mis)fit into a model that wasn't meant for us. I work in public health, I see this everyday undecided.

I hear that..

You need to get more into afrocentrism and pan-africanism more then... Afrocentrism inspires black people to break the yoke of mental slavery, feel proud to be black, learn how to create wealth, and liberate black minds from perpetual servitude... Inspire yourself to greatness...
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 5:43am On Jan 01, 2013
*Kails*:

"British" black duded have so much swag!
I can't take the accent sometimes but it's kinda cute too. grin

Europe is the Mecca of fashion...

I guess that's where we got the swag from... grin
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 01, 2013
Flytefalls:

[size=18pt]"Tel-lie-vision"[/size].

lmfao!
oh yea!! you're totally Jamo. grin grin
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 01, 2013
mruknaijaboy:

The word 'blud'was a popular slang back in the early 2000s which was when bullet boy was made, but the word blud has been replaced with many different slang words like what flytfalls said

Blud=fam/cuz/bruddah/g/ak/darg

and theres others but those are the ones you would most likely hear, i dont want to confuse u with all these different words which mean the same thing

word. smiley i get it bruv.

Yeh you should come at least once to see it, u will like it here sha

I recommend some other black uk films you should watch

Anuvahood
Kidulthood
Adulthood

Its funny how they all have hood in their titles also, how original lol

i'll definitely check them out.
and i have family in the UK. Maybe one day I'll swing by to visit them
so i can see how they do on your side. smiley smiley

shymexx:

Europe is the Mecca of fashion...

I guess that's where we got the swag from... grin

true. lol.
but i was more so thinking about your mannerisms and the way yall
carry yourselves. its amusing but i like it. grin i can't explain it.
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by AlterEgoTM: 8:52am On Jan 01, 2013
shymexx:

Thorough bred brummie yano... grin That's my second home and I picked up a little bit of their accent but it's dying off now... grin
Haha... I bet you can't beat my sexy Geordie accent tongue .... Kidding grin I love the Geordie accent, the best on the Island IMHO.... cheesy

Winson Green is rowdy probably because of its proximity to Handworth and the yardies around there.. Handsworth is the Kingston of the UK...
undecided undecided
Not to rude or disrespecful, but let's face it, Winson Greeen is full of shyte and so is Hackney in London undecided undecided tongue tongue

London is home, bruv... I love my city!! cool
When was the last time you were in Nigeria, you Queen loving Brit tongue tongue
My guess, you've never been there! tongue tongue
Prove me wrong! tongue tongue
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2013
shymexx:

I hear that..

You need to get more into afrocentrism and pan-africanism more then... Afrocentrism inspires black people to break the yoke of mental slavery, feel proud to be black, learn how to create wealth, and liberate black minds from perpetual servitude... Inspire yourself to greatness...

I hear that too grin

The foot soldiers are ready and waiting. At every royal mail depo, bus garage, office, hospital and local college. People are indeed "waking up" and recognising the problems. Is this afrocentrism movement thing just at the stage of talking? Or is it just something to observe economically. Iunno nothing lol.

"There is power in The Proles!!" grin
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 02, 2013
AlterEgo™:

Haha... I bet you can't beat my sexy Geordie accent tongue .... Kidding grin I love the Geordie accent, the best on the Island IMHO.... cheesy

Geordie accent?? grin Cheshire accent is the sexiest and they have loads of beautiful blondes!! I used to go clubbing in Chester back in the day - oh lawd, crazy memories.. grin

undecided undecided
Not to rude or disrespecful, but let's face it, Winson Greeen is full of shyte and so is Hackney in London undecided undecided tongue tongue

Winson Green is proper ghetto, however, it's only saving grace is that there aren't too many council flats around there like all the other ghettos in the UK... Heck, the biggest HMP in west midlands is also in Winson Green... grin

grin grin I'd rather not talk about this... The last time I did, these folks logged it into their brain cells and they have been using that to disregard my arguments on every subject-matter about Nigeria... I'm a proper naija boy, though...
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 02, 2013
Flytefalls:
I hear that too grin

The foot soldiers are ready and waiting. At every royal mail depo, bus garage, office, hospital and local college. People are indeed "waking up" and recognising the problems. Is this afrocentrism movement thing just at the stage of talking? Or is it just something to observe economically. Iunno nothing lol.

"There is power in The Proles!!" grin

You and I know that black people have absolutely no power to do anything substantial to change their plights as a group at the moment... So, it's just about educating oneself about black pride, teaching people that it's better to create wealth than earn wages, and providing inspiration to black folks that they can be whatever they want to be since the real black history shows that we once ruled the world for a long time... Really and truly, it's all about black consciousness and knowing how gifted we're individually till more people "wake up" to get on the train... We all grew up being indoctrinated with the inane idea that black people never achieved anything of note in time past, and that our history started with slavery and colonisation - we were basically wiped out of the history book... Hence, why most black people are disenfranchised with no identity and sense of belonging... Perhaps, that's why we attach ourselves to everything else except the blackness of our skin...

I started my own journey like 3-4 years ago and I don't regret it one bit... It made me a better person...

1 Like

Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by OmoAlata(f): 12:48am On Jan 02, 2013
Howdy guys? Anyone live down ma hood? We're down here in Tooting grin work in Belsize Park wink Church is in Streatham wink I'm all over da joint grin
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 02, 2013
Omo Alata: Howdy guys? Anyone live down ma hood? We're down here in Tooting grin work in Belsize Park wink Church is in Streatham wink I'm all over da joint grin
I used to work in belsize park too. The hospital smiley. Best Crepe's in London are in that little street van on Hampstead high road.

Went Go-Karting in Streatham once. And used the morrisons undecided
Tooting? Where's that?? grin
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by jaybee3(m): 10:53am On Jan 02, 2013
Tooting => South West london
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 02, 2013
shymexx:
I started my own journey like 3-4 years ago and I don't regret it one bit... It made me a better person...
Tell me more about how you live by your ethics on a daily basis? I'll set the questions!
-Do you believe in fair trade (the concept and/or the brand)?
-Do you shake your head at black hair shops owned by asians? If yes, do you shake most at the black women or the asians? These are the only hair shops that provide what we need in London at affordable prices.
-Do you eat chicken and chips like the rest of us?! grin grin grin

I have a (fellow Jamaican) friend writing a book about diet and poverty in London, but gets paid bucket loads to train weathly women into shape. The common "wanna be hench" road man probably couldnt afford him. He's a breath of fresh air and I applaud him. But is this true "wealth creation"?. Share your thoughts however brief, I'm interested! smiley
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by OmoAlata(f): 11:30am On Jan 02, 2013
Flytefalls:
I used to work in belsize park too. The hospital smiley. Best Crepe's in London are in that little street van on Hampstead high road.

Went Go-Karting in Streatham once. And used the morrisons undecided
Tooting? Where's that?? grin

The Streatham Ice Rink is no longer there. Something large is being built on the site - don't know what - but it's causing congestion in that area. Morrisons is still there grin The Belsize Park hospital is not far from my work wink Do you know Balham? Tooting is not far from there.
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by OmoAlata(f): 11:33am On Jan 02, 2013
AlterEgo™:

Was last in Nigeria in 2010 with my husband and kids (prior to this, it was 1991) grin Won't be going back in a hurry grin grin
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by OmoAlata(f): 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
Daybreak are giving away £52,000. Imagine what you can do with that money shocked

http://www.itv.com/daybreak/competitions/comp1/default.html
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 02, 2013
Flytefalls:
Tell me more about how you live by your ethics on a daily basis? I'll set the questions!
-Do you believe in fair trade (the concept and/or the brand)?

Yes - but how feasible is it when we live in a world dominated by capitalism and everyone is looking to maximise their profit?? That's the bitter truth..

-Do you shake your head at black hair shops owned by asians? If yes, do you shake most at the black women or the asians? These are the only hair shops that provide what we need in London at affordable prices.

Yes - more reason why we need more black owned business and why black people need to start creating wealth... Just imagine if black people were to start patronising black owned business and how the wealth will uplift black families because the wealth will stay within the black community... This is why we all need to embrace black consciousness!!

-Do you eat chicken and chips like the rest of us?! grin grin grin

Bwahahahahaha - obviously and loads of JA and African food... grin

I have a (fellow Jamaican) friend writing a book about diet and poverty in London, but gets paid bucket loads to train weathly women into shape. The common "wanna be hench" road man probably couldnt afford him. He's a breath of fresh air and I applaud him. But is this true "wealth creation"?. Share your thoughts however brief, I'm interested! smiley

That's heavy and it's a non-risk way of earning money... I think more black youths need to start do this and leave the high-risk fast road life alone...
Re: Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 03, 2013
^ Arigatou! Seems like we share values even though I skirt along the surface of your deeper ethos smiley

Btw did anyone watch David Attenborough's Africa last night? Was it not amazing how panoramic shots of the land and sky can play with your sense of scale? That squirrel and leopard hahaha! The rhinos flirting under the stars. Omg that was enchanting! The ole gheezer did good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent / Proof that Ijebu Are The Biblical Jebusites Or Jebus / Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.