Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) (11105 Views)

Senate Committee On Debts & Loans Visit Lagos To Inspect Projects / Mrs Buhari And Her Pretty Daughter Zahra Pictured In Lagos Today / Massive Traffic As Jonathan Visit Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by samguru(m): 8:30am On Dec 24, 2012
President Jonathan Is Coming To Lagos Today(24/12/12) To Do What?

on my way to office i was stranded at Obalende today,even the garage was deserted,everyone was scrambling for the few available buses,i was asking myself could it that the commercial transporter operators have gone on strike or traveled for Christmas celebration?it didn't take second before my trekking mate told me that President Jonathan is coming to Lagos.
For how long is president going to subject we his boss to these inhumane hardship simply because he wants to ply some roads ?,perhaps he usually travel by air (Helicopter).
I think National Assembly should pass a bill forbidden President and His wife from inconveniencing his fellow Nigerians for reasons which are not even related to National assignment.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by DuduNegro: 8:32am On Dec 24, 2012
To stay clear from the insecurity and threat of attack in Abuja.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by Gbawe: 8:59am On Dec 24, 2012
samguru: on my way to office i was stranded at Obalende today,even the garage was deserted,everyone was scrambling for the few available buses,i was asking myself could it that the commercial transporter operators have gone on strike or traveled for Christmas celebration?it didn't take second before my trekking mate told me that President Jonathan is coming to Lagos.
For how long is president going to subject we his boss to these inhumane hardship simply because he wants to ply some roads ?,perhaps he usually travel by air (Helicopter).
I think National Assembly should pass a bill forbidden President and His wife from inconveniencing his fellow Nigerians for reasons which are not even related to National assignment.

Guy I doff my hat for the part in bold above. This is what Nigerians, a people oppressed to the point of insanity and apathy, do not realise. The leaders of rich Nations flying with BA and Virgin. Our President , heading a Nation with the majority in poverty, maintains an expensive fleet of planes yet still demanding more while foolish and oppressed folks support him blindly because they have no appreciation of what obtains in saner climes.

David Cameron is unobtrusive in his travels, yet States shut down when GEJ visits for worthless reasons. No one is saying that GEJ began this tradition of largess and waste but we must demand Nigeria gains a President who can begin to move our nation away from these unsustainable acts of profligacy, insensitivity and 'big man' indolence not at all congruous with what the world is today. A bit like shunning an electric or solar powered car, in an energy challenged world, to insist on driving an 8 litre gas guzzler.

22 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by GARRIx7(m): 9:04am On Dec 24, 2012
@Gbawe: The masses are the boss before and during election, but after the election, its the other way round..

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by k2039: 9:09am On Dec 24, 2012
Symptoms of a failed republic

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 24, 2012
Traffic galore today!
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by Gbawe: 9:13am On Dec 24, 2012
GARRI (x7):
@Gbawe: The masses are the boss before and during election, but after the election, its the other way round..

My brother, I fully appreciate what you are saying. Very tragic though. I think the greatest pain I feel for Nigerians is the realisation that extreme poverty, ethnic disunity and a tortuous history ensures most of them are stuck in a twilight zone. They will ,because of an all-consuming negative focus on each other, never come up for air long enough to appreciate what obtains elsewhere and are thus condemned to thinking worthless, corrupt and avaricious leaders like GEJ can perform miracles.

If there is anything I wish for fervently, it is that more Nigerians see what amounts to the norm elsewhere throughout the world to note we are messing around , persevering with abject mediocrity, as the so called biggest black nation on earth and "giant of Africa".

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by ypzilanti: 9:18am On Dec 24, 2012
10 planes fleet run at a cost of 9 billion naira a year. I cannot get my head around that figure.

Meanwhile, Xmas eve is one of the traffic prone days of Lagos. If commuting today, you should prepare for a long traffic day.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 24, 2012
He is the number ONE CITIZEN of Nigeria! all of una plus me we be SECOND CLASS citizens joo! grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by moneyhungry(m): 9:19am On Dec 24, 2012
funny thing is, he might be coming to see a chick in UNILAG...

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by eduson77(m): 9:20am On Dec 24, 2012
really?
i better stay in ma pool doing this dan go out there

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by moneyhungry(m): 9:22am On Dec 24, 2012
Mcdugull:
He is the number ONE CITIZEN of Nigeria! all of una plus me we be SECOND CLASS citizens joo! grin grin grin
but u promised to stop smoking cr.ack...

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 24, 2012
It isn't started by Jonathan,and it won't end with him. Since they know they have failed the people,they need to be extra careful with there security. Africa leader are heartless set of humans. They are a disgrace to Leadership.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by johnstar(m): 9:22am On Dec 24, 2012
nd so , hu cares, wetn im 1 come find 4 lag here, hope say im go share bags of rice nd garri undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by yuzedo: 9:23am On Dec 24, 2012
Can't this modafocka stay in Abuja and leave us the f(u)ck alone for the love of God gaddemit?!?! angry

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by BBPREYEgarri: 9:24am On Dec 24, 2012
He is the President of Nigeria fo God's sake, he should be given that honour! Some you retardeens here will do worse that what ur complaining about if u were in his shoes!
Foools!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by greall1: 9:26am On Dec 24, 2012
oh welcome Mr presido
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by taharqa: 9:27am On Dec 24, 2012
@OP, piece of advice: if you do not want yr azzz beaten so thoroughly u wud wish u weren't seeing 'those' beautiful stars Or u do not want a bullet lodged at d back of yr neck, THEN STEER CLEAR OF ALL ROUTES THE PRESIDENT WUD BE TAKEN TODAY. I hear from a very reliable 'source' that his Security details tk his safety very seriously, and that they wud rather gladly 'apologize' to you than to d nation (if u know what i mean). They DONT miss, and am mighty glad bout that... Merry xmas

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by alfredo4u(m): 9:29am On Dec 24, 2012
E no easy oh. He deserves it. He remains ur numba ONE as long as nija is concern
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 24, 2012
Hopefully the snipers are ready wherever they are..
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by samguru(m): 9:30am On Dec 24, 2012
BBPREYEgarri: He is the President of Nigeria fo God's sake, he should be given that honour! Some you retardeens here will do worse that what ur complaining about if u were in his shoes!
Foools!

which honour?i think this honour has been over-abused,ask me why? ok if president is coming everywhere will be blocked,if his wife is coming same thing happen,even if his children are going out i guess it will be th same.

have you ever heard about such occurrence in advanced countries we claim to be learning from?

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by ydtaurus5: 9:30am On Dec 24, 2012
who wants him in lagos?after all we suffered last week.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by OsunOriginal: 9:30am On Dec 24, 2012
What's this man doing in lagos today for God's sake? Is he coming to install Anenih as npa chairman?
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by rasqman: 9:31am On Dec 24, 2012
WOOOH.....JOHN BULL IS COMING TO TOWN
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by Proffruleoflaw: 9:31am On Dec 24, 2012
BBPREYEgarri: He is the President of Nigeria fo God's sake, he should be given that honour! Some you retardeens here will do worse that what ur complaining about if u were in his shoes!
Foools!

See mumu in action. He may even ask you to eat his pooo and u will oblige. Shows how brainwashed you are. Fools wasting our collective wealth and u open ur thrash like that....

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 24, 2012
Welcome Mr. President. Whoever is still on the road today for Christ sake and nagging about President's visit. Is that how you disrespect your papa ? na so your own hussle dey take you all year round ?
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by wellmax(m): 9:36am On Dec 24, 2012
Foools!

But He has no shoes...

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by omenziate(m): 9:38am On Dec 24, 2012
He can come to anywhere he deems fit, he is OUR president. And shutting down roads cuz of top politicians or dignitaries didn't start with him, it is a norm we are all used to . Jonah, merry Xmas and happy new Year and make ur head correct dis 2013 o. Shikena.
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by Muttex(m): 9:39am On Dec 24, 2012
Mr.President is afraid to go with his private jet because of BH. He prefers to ply the road.Gbammmmmmm
Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by Troll: 9:40am On Dec 24, 2012
OsunOriginal: What's this man doing in lagos today for God's sake? Is he coming to install Anenih as npa chairman?

Rumour Has It That He's Coming To Lagos To Spend The Watchnight (Christmas Eve) With His New Lagos Chick lipsrsealed

eduson77: really?
i better stay in ma pool doing this dan go out there

LMAO grin That's One Hell Of A Contaminated Pool.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Visit Lagos Today (24/12/12) by delpee(f): 9:42am On Dec 24, 2012
The trekking is really serious in Ikoyi. Some say GEJ is coming to Azazis house in Ikoyi. No vehicle can move into or out of Ikoyi for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shell Relocates Gas Pipeline Across Kolo Creek Underneath River / Why Sudden Increase In Boko Haram Activities? / Nasarawa Increases Retirees’ Pension To N5,000 From N1, 000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.