Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? (8615 Views)

Keshi Releases 25-man List For Sudan Matches / Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. / Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by zuchyblink(m): 4:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
i so much love this list,the strenght of that team is the home base players,esp. The defence.
We should stop using names like obafemi,osaze,taiwo etc,they are only names and they have not offered much. We need to see new things.i so much trust the home base lads,and we need physical players to play african football.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01: Come January 19th, the nations cup should be commencing.

By 9th of Januray, the coach is expected to submit his 23 man list.

We know nairaland is very popular in Nigeria and the world over and who knows, the coach could be a member of Nairaland reading comments posted on the sport board.

If you're given the chance to suggest a 23 man list for the coach, who would you be picking and why?

For a recap, here's the list of the 32 provisional man list again: (Take into notice that the coach can or may include or exclude any new or current player, so you're allowed to include/exclude just 2 players.).

[b]Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Maccabi Tel Aviv, Israel); Austin Ejide (Hapoel Be’er Sheba, Israel); Chigozie Agbim (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria); Daniel Akpeyi (Heartland FC, Nigeria)

Defenders: Elderson Echiejile (FC Braga, Portugal); Juwon Oshaniwa (Ashdod FC, Israel); Benjamin Francis (Heartland FC, Nigeria); Joseph Yobo (Fenerbahce, Turkey); Efe Ambrose (Celtic FC, Scotland); Solomon Kwambe (Sunshine Stars, Nigeria); Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves, Nigeria); Danny Shittu (Millwall FC, England); Kenneth Omeruo (ADO Den Haag, Netherlands); Godfrey Oboabona (Sunshine Stars, Nigeria)

Midfielders: Mikel Obi (Chelsea FC, England); Nosa Igiebor (Real Betis, Spain); Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio, Italy); Raheem Lawal (Adana Demirspor, Turkey); Obiora Nwankwo (Calcio Padova, Italy); Fegor Ogude (Valerenga FC, Norway); Reuben Gabriel (Kano Pillars, Nigeria); Rabiu Ibrahim (Celtic FC, Scotland)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Emmanuel Emenike (Spartak Moscow, Russia); Brown Ideye (Dynamo Kyiv, Ukraine); Victor Moses (Chelsea FC, England); Uche Kalu (Rizespor, Turkey); Bright Dike (Portland Timbers, USA); Shola Ameobi (Newcastle FC, England); Ikechukwu Uche (Villarreal FC, Spain); Ejike Uzoenyi (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria); Sunday Mba (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria)[/b]

FINAL 23
1, Enyeama
2, Ejide

3, Yobo
4, Shittu
5, Ambrose
6, Echiejile
7, Oshaniwa
8, Azubuike
9, Oboabona

10, Mikel
11, Igiebor
12, Reuben
13, Onazi
14, Obiorah
15, Raheem
16, Ogude

17, Musa
18, IK Uche
19, Ideye
20, Emenike
21, Ameobi
22, Ejike
23, Moses
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by Revolva(m): 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2012
.My 23 man squad should be Jonathan and his cabinet
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
FIRST 11
(No=position of play)

1, Enyeama

2, Echiejile
3, Ambrose

4, Onazi/Reuben

5, Yobo
6, Shittu

7, Musa

8, Ik Uche
9, Ideye/Emenike/Amoebi

10, Mikel/Igiebor

11, Moses
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by GUNSLINGER: 4:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
Danny SHIT-TU? In da squad? Ok grin grin
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2012
mallorca:

Listen i dont have time for to argue this morning,i quote you,because you ask why is Ejike in d list?
He is someone i work close with..him been on d list is not by mistake,He remain the best Player Discoverd by Keshi so far just like Osaze to Xtian CHukwu.Thank U

Read my post very well, i never asked why he was on the list, rather i asked why he was on the starting 11.
To you, he remains the best because you know him personally, but to others, the reverse is the same, i could also come out to say Onazi remains the best Keshi discovered or even say Dike.

So kindly tell us why he deserve to start ahead of other strikers that the poster benched. no one is here to argue.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by olatunji390(m): 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2012
I don't know much about football but I think home base should out number the foreign base because the foreign base have make names already so the best they do now is pulling shoulder on the field but for the home base, they want to make names, they want there names be heard so there spirit will be ready to serve there country.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by ortopazz(m): 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01:

Why Ejike? ever watched any of his games?
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by mallorca(m): 5:59pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01:

Read my post very well, i never asked why he was on the list, rather i asked why he was on the starting 11.
To you, he remains the best because you know him personally, but to others, the reverse is the same, i could also come out to say Onazi remains the best Keshi discovered or even say Dike.

So kindly tell us why he deserve to start ahead of other strikers that the poster benched. no one is here to argue.

I quote ur question to Andrew Uweh again(Why Ejike? ever watch his games ) dat means u neva watch him play but still u include him on ur 23 man list? i doubt if u know much about football or you dislike Ejike as person if not i challenge you to kindly name any home base player discoverd by Keshi who is better than him? upon his constant trials abroad while the league was one He was voted the best NPL player of the year along side Ruben which he lost to Ruben because Ruben help Pillars to win the NPL title.now on ur question why i think he shuld b on d starting list? tell me why he shuld be on ur 23 man list then i will tell u why he shuld b on startin list,thank u sir!
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 6:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
mallorca:

I quote ur question to Andrew Uweh again(Why Ejike? ever watch his games ) dat means u neva watch him play but still u include him on ur 23 man list? i doubt if u know much about football or you dislike Ejike as person if not i challenge you to kindly name any home base player discoverd by Keshi who is better than him? upon his constant trials abroad while the league was one He was voted the best NPL player of the year along side Ruben which he lost to Ruben because Ruben help Pillars to win the NPL title.now on ur question why i think he shuld b on d starting list? tell me why he shuld be on ur 23 man list then i will tell u why he shuld b on startin list,thank u sir!

Yes, it was a question to Andre Uweh, how does that translate to me not knowing the guy? i needed him to explain why he chose the guy in his starting 11 squad, let him explain, why are you sweating for someone else? some people choose names just because they like the sound of the names, not because they even know the person in particular.

Now to you saying i don't know much about football or disliking the guy, why should i dislike someone i am not directly involved with?

For your information, Ejike wasn't discovered by Keshi, he's been around even under Amokachi's home based Eagles, stop trying to make this sound like i "hate" the guy.

The question was never to you or are you Andre Uweh? let the guy tell me why he prefers Ejike to Ideye/dike e.t.c in his starting 11.

I rather go with Sibi Gwar than Ejike if i really need an home based striker. this guy finished the league as the highest goal scorer, since he wasn't picked, i had to at least pick Ejike only to play as a substitute.

Shalom!
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by mallorca(m): 6:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01:

Yes, it was a question to Andre Uweh, how does that translate to me not knowing the guy? i needed him to explain why he chose the guy in his starting 11 squad, let him explain, why are you sweating for someone else? some people choose names just because they like the sound of the names, not because they even know the person in particular.

Now to you saying i don't know much about football or disliking the guy, why should i dislike someone i am not directly involved with?

For your information, Ejike wasn't discovered by Keshi, he's been around even under Amokachi's home based Eagles, stop trying to make this sound like i "hate" the guy.

The question was never to you or are you Andre Uweh? let the guy tell me why he prefers Ejike to Ideye/dike e.t.c in his starting 11.

I rather go with Sibi Gwar than Ejike if i really need an home based strike. this guy finished the league as the highest goal scorer, since he wasn't picked, i had to at least pick Ejike only to play as a substitute.

Shalom!

The quetion was never to me or i my Andrew uweh? well i neva knw dat its rule or not allowed in Nairaland for one not to quote/contribute to a post/comment that did not concern him...in dis case of urs i leave ur thread for u.
Salam!
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 6:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
mallorca: The quetion was never to me or i my Andrew uweh? well i neva knw dat its rule or not allowed in Nairaland for one not to quote/contribute to a post/comment that did not concern him...in dis case of urs i leave ur thread for u.
Salam!

I expect him to answer, you can put up your own 23 man list and pick your starting 11, then we can take up yours if need be. having known that you have personal interest in Ejike, it would be hard letting you see reason why he shouldn't be a starting 11 material.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by oche419: 6:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
Just bright: Joel obi
Injured!
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 7:27pm On Dec 25, 2012
Jarus:

FINAL 23
1, Enyeama
2, Ejide

3, Yobo
4, Shittu
5, Ambrose
6, Echiejile
7, Oshaniwa
8, Azubuike
9, Oboabona

10, Mikel
11, Igiebor
12, Reuben
13, Onazi
14, Obiorah
15, Raheem
16, Ogude

17, Musa
18, IK Uche
19, Ideye
20, Emenike
21, Ameobi
22, Ejike
23, Moses

You also picked 2 goal-keepers but they said it's a must to go with 3 goal-keepers o.. grin

Who are you first 11?
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeric01:

You also picked 2 goal-keepers but they said it's a must to go with 3 goal-keepers o.. grin

Who are you first 11?

The first 11 is posted there nah, below my 23 man list.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by Kehnyshavin: 12:05am On Dec 26, 2012
Hey guys,is it only me dat realizes dat d big bos made d best decision in dropping osaze,matins nd Taye taiwo,osaze esp. Has shown dat he is trouble.as 4 d list i jst want Rabiu ibrahim in dat list,i dnt care abt d odas.he is 1player dat by looking at his career,one can see he is gud,no b beans 2go sporting lisbon(wey produce C. Ronaldo),PSV and nw Celtic,2me he is d natural answer 2our clamour 4 a new "JAY-JAY".FELIZ NAVIDAD
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by vandarsar(m): 12:32am On Dec 26, 2012
Your comment is childish bros! Anyway, can't comment much on the final list or the starting 11 as it were cause I don't even know some of this baby eagles imposed on us by Kesh. I will pray and hope they go to the southern africa and conquer the continent just as they did in the north a couple of years back.
Kehnyshavin: Hey guys,is it only me dat realizes dat d big bos made d best decision in dropping osaze,matins nd Taye taiwo,osaze esp. Has shown dat he is trouble.as 4 d list i jst want Rabiu ibrahim in dat list,i dnt care abt d odas.he is 1player dat by looking at his career,one can see he is gud,no b beans 2go sporting lisbon(wey produce C. Ronaldo),PSV and nw Celtic,2me he is d natural answer 2our clamour 4 a new "JAY-JAY".FELIZ NAVIDAD
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by BloodShed1: 1:44am On Dec 26, 2012
honeric01:

Well yes, he's a good midfielder who can pay in a defensive and offensive role, he's got the built of Olofinjana but faster and more precised than Olofin. He's also very good at scoring and can even play as a defender. almost an all-rounder player and yes he's a Nigerian league player (Kano pillars)

So he's NOT the playmaker type?

If he ain't, then who cares?! I'm sure he can't cut it at international level anyway.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 8:56am On Dec 26, 2012
Jarus: FIRST 11
(No=position of play)

1, Enyeama

2, Echiejile
3, Ambrose

4, Onazi/Reuben

5, Yobo
6, Shittu

7, Musa

8, Ik Uche
9, Ideye/Emenike/Amoebi

10, Mikel/Igiebor

11, Moses

Jarus:

The first 11 is posted there nah, below my 23 man list.

Oh ok, so how are you going to use them?
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 8:58am On Dec 26, 2012
Blood_Shed:

So he's NOT the playmaker type?

If he ain't, then who cares?! I'm sure he can't cut it at international level anyway.

No, not a play-maker.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by dayo23(f): 8:59am On Dec 26, 2012
cashmentor: i'm not against these eagles though.... Infact, i'm a die hard SE Fan, but, i don't and never trusted Keshi.... So i'll be wasting my time here naming a team for a Coach that already knows his ist Eleven....
Anyway i'll just name players i fell don't deserve to be in the 23 man team!
Dike- don't deserve it at all.... Based on current form, Martins deserve that shirt.. Based on Commitment, martins is way ontop.
Rabiu Ibrahim: i love that dude like a brother from another Mother, but He's far from fitness and i think Aluko ought to have his place.....
exactly! No onform obafemi martins who qualify nigeria 2 last world cup. We shall c hw dis mediocre team perform @ the AFCON
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 9:02am On Dec 26, 2012
dayo23: exactly! No onform obafemi martins who qualify nigeria 2 last world cup. We shall c hw dis mediocre team perform @ the AFCON

What makes them mediocre? because some "known names" are missing? this same team is yet to lose any match so what are you saying?
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 26, 2012
honeric01:
Oh ok, so how are you going to use them?

Depending on opposition,

4-4-2 or 4-3-3

4-4-2

-------------Enyeama-------------

Ambrose--Yobo--Shittu---Echiejile

--------------Onazi-------------

-------------Mikel---------------

Musa------------------------Moses

--------Uche---------------------

----------------Ideye-----------

Subs
Emenike or Amoebi for Ideye
If Shittu falters, Oboabona for him
If our central midfield is not living up to expectation, sacrifice one of Musa or Moses(depending on who is not having good game) and bring in Igiebor, to assist Mikel in central midfield, then Uche moves to flank, so we have

-------Mikel----------Igiebor----

----Uche---------------Moses/Musa

--------Emenike/Ideye/Ameobi-----
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 10:20am On Dec 26, 2012
Jarus:

Depending on opposition,

4-4-2 or 4-3-3

4-4-2

-------------Enyeama-------------

Ambrose--Yobo--Shittu---Echiejile

--------------Onazi-------------

-------------Mikel---------------

Musa------------------------Moses

--------Uche---------------------

----------------Ideye-----------

Subs
Emenike or Amoebi for Ideye
If Shittu falters, Oboabona for him
If our central midfield is not living up to expectation, sacrifice one of Musa or Moses(depending on who is not having good game) and bring in Igiebor, to assist Mikel in central midfield, then Uche moves to flank, so we have

-------Mikel----------Igiebor----

----Uche---------------Moses/Musa

--------Emenike/Ideye/Ameobi-----

This your bolded formation na die o, is Onazi a defensive midfielder? BTW, how can he play so deep while leaving just mikel in the middle? in your formation, Musa/moses are playing like wingers, not central midfielders, meaning they're expected to operate from the flanks, leaving Mikel alone in the midfield looks like a suicide mission to me.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by zoboizee: 10:31am On Dec 26, 2012
My 23 man list.
Goalkeepers-Enyeama,ejide,agbim, Defenders-Yobo,shittu,elderson,egwueke,oboabona, kwambe,okoronkwo,ambrose
Midfieders-
Mikel,reuben,igiebor,uzoenyi,lawal,obiorah,
Attack-
Musa,moses,ik uche, ideye,ameobi,dike.
On standby- j.obi,martins,omeruo,oshaniwa,aluko.
Thank u.
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 11:36am On Dec 26, 2012
zobo-i-zee:
My 23 man list.
Goalkeepers-Enyeama,ejide,agbim, Defenders-Yobo,shittu,elderson,egwueke,oboabona, kwambe,
Midfieders-
Mikel,reuben,igiebor,uzoenyi,lawal,obiorah,
Attack-
Musa,moses,ik uche, ideye,uche kalu,ameobi,emenike,dike.
On standby- j.obi,martins,omeruo,oshaniwa,aluko.
Thank u.

Nice, so your first 11?
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by zoboizee: 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
Enyeama,
kwambe,
Elderson,
Yobo,
Shittu,
Mikel,
Reuben,
Igiebor,
Musa,
Moses,
Ideye.
Sub;
Ik uche,
E. Uzoenyi
Egwueke
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 2:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
zobo-i-zee:
Enyeama,kwambe,elderson,yobo,shittu,mikel,reuben,igiebor,musa,moses,&ideye.

I like your first 11, what formation are you going to be using?
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by zoboizee: 5:27am On Dec 27, 2012
4 4 2
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by honeric01(m): 8:53am On Dec 27, 2012
zobo-i-zee:
4 4 2

And how are you going to use your pick with your formation?
Re: Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? by MrTAnonymous(m): 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
Martins deserve d green n white shirt.The short danger.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Juventus Planning To Sign Chelsea's Willian In January / Yakubu And Sani Kaita Are Recalled For Super Eagles 2013 Qualifier / A Nairalander With Mumini Alao

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.