Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light (29743 Views)

Toyin Lawani And Fiance At Rhythm Unplugged Last Night / Don Jazzy At Cherubim & Seraphim: Rare Baby Photos Of Mavin Boss Growing Up / When The Two Ladies In Wizkid's Life Watched Him Perform At The Rhythm Unplugged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light by Revolva(m): 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
I have said it Don baba J is the illest producer in naija ...then I second jsleek -- look no beef I like dbanj music also but now that the back up voice of jazzy is no more his song don't even give me the thrills on the dance floor am sure it ended in oliver twist ...dbanj u r on your own o !! Upcoming artist yapa small time nobody go feel you - this life is all about season you can't reign forever

1 Like

Re: D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light by Bearshare(m): 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
Dbanj after the break up---->

1. Won alot of awards internationally
2. Song (Oliver twist) became no.1 on UK top chart
3. Grabs 4 nominations at the 'world music award 2012'
4. Signs record deal with UK sony music in 2012 alongside K-switch
5. 1st music artist to bring over 3 international A-list artist - Tinie tempah, Big sean, Pusha T
Re: D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light by safarigirl(f): 7:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
Bearshare: Dbanj after the break up---->

1. Won alot of awards internationally
2. Song (Oliver twist) became no.1 on UK top chart
3. Grabs 4 nominations at the 'world music award 2012'
4. Signs record deal with UK sony music in 2012 alongside K-switch
5. 1st music artist to bring over 3 international A-list artist - Tinie tempah, Big sean, Pusha T
quite impressive...if 70% of all this wasn't achieved with a jazzy production (also Don J's voice contributes to the song). Did he win anything for Oyato? No, Bachelor? No..that's where the delusional fans miss the point, nobody said he didn't achieve post-IDJA, but as long as that work has his name on it, D'banj can NEVER be given full appraisal for the success of the song.
Re: D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light by Bearshare(m): 7:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
^^^ What has a producer got to do with an artist's achievement..yeah you may say he made the beat and all that bla bla bla. Okay whatabout the artist compositions, lyrical delivery and artistry? huh?

Infact, if there was anyone who should thank the other it should always be the producer thanking the artist. Besides, since dbanj left please tell me one achievement mavin record has made...just one
Re: D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light by onatisi(m): 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2012
5 pages and still running ,i dont know why it is difficult for ppl to accept that this guy dbanj is a crowd puller and is born to be a star no matter what haters think or feel .i wont be surprised if his next album make record sales becos most haters will buy it just to listen and criticize him
Re: D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light by babyboy3(m): 8:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
safarigirl: quite impressive...if 70% of all this wasn't achieved with a jazzy production (also Don J's voice contributes to the song). Did he win anything for Oyato? No, Bachelor? No..that's where the delusional fans miss the point, nobody said he didn't achieve post-IDJA, but as long as that work has his name on it, D'banj can NEVER be given full appraisal for the success of the song.

We are yet to see another song from Don Jazzy since DBanj left!!!Tina Turner won 33 Grammy Awards NO one Knows and gives a hug wash who the produce was

1 Like

Re: D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light by Mstrsheikh: 8:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
baby-boy:
Much ado about nothing

If Dbanj had hailed Don Jazzy people would say something else! was the Event (rhythm unplugged) was it in honour of Don Jazzy? if the answer is no, then whats the problem? In a club in the states everyone (who's who) came on the stage and gave a big shout to Suge Knight and his crew Lil Kim came in and big-up Puffy, Mase and co who weren't at the show? Guess what happened?

NOTHING!!!! despite they were rivals in the same industry
God bless u, so many Nigerians are to parochial and petty in their thinking, what use is him hailing don jazzy, if he does fine and dosent no issue, Na don jazzy organize rythm unplugged
Re: D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light by onatisi(m): 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
i swear all this dbanj critics will push this thread to 10 pages , if they dont like him why don't they just leave this thread ?but they cant , simply because dbanj is irresistible ,either good or bad , you can help noticing the guy. star lomo

1 Like

Re: D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light by Asiwaju9ja(m): 6:50am On Dec 27, 2012
ikelvin: U̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ really a̶̲̥̅̊ novice. J-sleek have many hit tracks produced by him dan don jazzy go a̶̲̥̅̊ŋ₫ check dis out! Have υя facts before U̶̲̥̅̊ come out here †̥ talk like a̶̲̥̅̊ learner
I forgive you. I know that you are a small boy. You think you know music? Don Jazzy I repeat is the best by Far. He does international standard beats not nigerian style alone. J-SLEEK is good, but Don Jazzy is Best. J-sleek knows this ask him.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light by safarigirl(f): 7:18am On Dec 27, 2012
baby-boy:

We are yet to see another song from Don Jazzy since DBanj left!!!Tina Turner won 33 Grammy Awards NO one Knows and gives a hug wash who the produce was
I can assure you 'take banana' is more popular than Oyato (it's video isn't uploaded) on Youtube...let D'banj win an award after Oliver Twist.

Who said D'banj wrote Oliver Twist alone? It doesn't follow that the performer has to be the writer, so don't give credit just cos 'you think' so
Re: D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light by deenee: 7:33am On Dec 27, 2012
I wish both parties the very best in all their endeavours. The million dollar question is this? How many hits has Dbanj produced after "Oliver Twist"? and if we quite remember, "Oliver Twist" was made popular via the Youtube video posted by the duo.

More so, why the sudden concentration on Nigeria again, if Mr Koko's intent is to go "International"(he should be headlining sold out concerts in NYC, London and other major cities in the world and not Nigeria because in his own words and I quote..."He wants to conquer the world with his own brand of music". Also, if he is really sure that he's a crowd puller, why employ the services of A list stars to perform at his show?

Stars like Jay Z, Kanye West, and our very own P square and Bracket headline sold out concerts without other artistes performing.

Without any bias, I can only give Kokomaster the respect he deserves if he can carve out a niche for himself outside the Mo-hits/Oliver Twist fiasco. All the marketing and noise can only take one so far.......Well like I initially indicated.."I wish both parties the best of luck"

1 Like

Re: D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light by safarigirl(f): 9:22am On Dec 27, 2012
deenee: I wish both parties the very best in all their endeavours. The million dollar question is this? How many hits has Dbanj produced after "Oliver Twist"? and if we quite remember, "Oliver Twist" was made popular via the Youtube video posted by the duo.

More so, why the sudden concentration on Nigeria again, if Mr Koko's intent is to go "International"(he should be headlining sold out concerts in NYC, London and other major cities in the world and not Nigeria because in his own words and I quote..."He wants to conquer the world with his own brand of music". Also, if he is really sure that he's a crowd puller, why employ the services of A list stars to perform at his show?

Stars like Jay Z, Kanye West, and our very own P square and Bracket headline sold out concerts without other artistes performing.

Without any bias, I can only give Kokomaster the respect he deserves if he can carve out a niche for himself outside the Mo-hits/Oliver Twist fiasco. All the marketing and noise can only take one so far.......Well like I initially indicated.."I wish both parties the best of luck"
Bravo!

There is a silver lining in all of this. In case Mr. Koko Master's musical career dies, he can always be an event planner since he's got enough contacts.
Re: D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light by darkiechildz(m): 2:02pm On Dec 19, 2015
RickyRoss1:
Dbanj can go to hell, more important artistes recognized Jazzy so it doesn't matter if a novice decides to be too pround of himself.
Little by little dbanj is becoming irrelevant in 9ja music scene. I thought by now he would have produced 2 hit songs, rather his best effort so far is a CRAPPY SONG CALLED OYATO
.. Hey! Your opinion tho, if you say way better artiste did and dbanj didn't show how low you cld think of urself .. When you are at the top , you are at the top no need fighting for space with upcomers.. Ok!
Re: D'banj Shuns Don Jazzy At The Rhythm Unplugged Last Light by Dohmeenick(m): 2:14pm On Dec 19, 2015
RickyRoss1:
Dbanj can go to hell, more important artistes recognized Jazzy so it doesn't matter if a novice decides to be too pround of himself.
Little by little dbanj is becoming irrelevant in 9ja music scene. I thought by now he would have produced 2 hit songs, rather his best effort so far is a CRAPPY SONG CALLED OYATO
your father

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gbadebo Marshal, KWAM1 Son, Takes Dad On A Shopping Spree In Chicago / Tiwa Savage Makes History As First African Female Artiste To Sell Out Indigo / I Am A Wealthy Gold Digger — Tonto Dikeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.