Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) (21226 Views)

Souvenir Shared At A Wedding Ceremony(photos) / Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia / Christening Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by Rocktation(f): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
A grandmother was left astonished after a photo posted on Facebook from her granddaughter’s christening appeared to show the ghost of her late husband.
When Heather Sewell, 50, first saw the picture she immediately spotted the apparition, bearing a striking resemblance to her late husband Terry. The black and white face can be seen above the church font hovering over baby Mia-Bella Kennett and the rest of the family.

The bizarre image was caught on camera at St Martin’s Church, Canterbury, Kent by Mrs Sewell’s son Jamie, 29, on his mobile phone.
It was only when the grandmother-of-two was looking through the photos online later that she spotted the familiar face beside the family.
Mrs Sewell, from Petham, Kent, said she could not believe the likeness to her late husband.
Terry Sewell, who worked as a labourer, died 17 years ago after committing suicide aged 41.

Mrs Sewell, who works as a taxi driver, said it was ‘upsetting’ to see her husband’s face. She said: ‘ I tried to convince myself that it was not Terry – but it is so convincing that I believe it is.
‘Terry had a long face and so does the ghost and it has the same hair style as Terry had. ‘The ghost is also the same height as Terry was – about 5ft 8in. I am quite a superstitious person, but I am not over-the-top. I do believe there is something out there – there are too many things in the world we cannot explain.’

She added: ‘I was so shocked when I saw it, as we all were. It looks very much like Terry. I know there has been no photo trickery so it is all very spooky and perhaps not what you want to see at a christening. I was in the pub afterwards when I first saw the Facebook page and everyone was stunned because it’s so clear.’

St Martin’s is the oldest church in the country that is still in use for religious services, but a ghostly encounter has never been reported previously at the church.

Heather’s daughter Gemma Sewell, 27, and her partner Jamie were joined by their older daughter Jaiden, 5, and two sets of godparents for Mia-Bella Kennett’s Christening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2251169/The-holy-ghost-Apparition-late-husband-appears-granddaughters-church-christening-Facebook-picture.html

Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by Pysam(m): 2:49pm On Dec 24, 2012
Hmmmm
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by homesteady(m): 11:05pm On Dec 24, 2012
na wa o
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by illicit(m): 7:54am On Dec 26, 2012
Methink probably d camera lens was dirty.

4 Likes

Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by Rocktation(f): 8:46am On Dec 26, 2012
Yeah..maybe. I mean, it's easier to blame the camera lens, isn't it? undecided
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by illicit(m): 11:40am On Dec 26, 2012
Rocktation: Yeah..maybe. I mean, it's easier to blame the camera lens, isn't it? undecided
Yea very easy, dat can be proved unlike ghost tales

2 Likes

Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by funkymedina: 3:18pm On Dec 26, 2012
Who ever was transfering this topic nearly broke the front page. The error about ghost and grandfather scared me. Una employ new moderator??
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by k2039: 3:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]It could be Photoshop just to generate headlines. All pictures can be manipulated, I doubt the authenticity of the news. [/color]

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by Iaz93: 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
Wow, he definitely did not make heaven because I see no reason why he should still be trying to be in family pictures.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by AtheistD(m): 3:22pm On Dec 26, 2012
Photoshop galore

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by madamebebe(f): 3:22pm On Dec 26, 2012
blink182: Wow, he definitely did not make heaven because I see no reason why he should still be trying to be in family pictures.

I thought 'heaven' is after judgement day, No?
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by Troll: 3:22pm On Dec 26, 2012
[size=17pt] THIS MUST BE PHOTOSHOP! IN "GHOST MODE"!!! shocked grin [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by vislabraye(m): 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
Na demon dem see.
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by Redmosquito(m): 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
Wow! The ghost is so handsome. See his fine brown hair and cute lips undecided
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by SisiKill1: 3:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
What would we have seen just looking at the picture without the apparition being pointed out to us?

I'm not saying there is nothing there oh. . .I am just wondering if we are we seeing that something for what it is or as the something someone else wants us to see.

Hmmmmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by missdee1(f): 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
Ghosts don't appear in pictures tongue
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by haizeek(m): 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by Neoviper147: 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]It could be Photoshop just to generate headlines. All pictures can be manipulated, I doubt the authenticity of the news. [/color]

Everything is photoshop...Even, Fu*cking your girl is still photoshop...I hail thee, Nairalanders.
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by huninaija(f): 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
The blood of london shocked choii if this story is true then this is something else, the ghost looks angry oo no one should mess with his grand daughter. shocked
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by alienware(m): 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
This one na wash of the century . na this kind thing nairalad dey like.
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by alaoeri: 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2012
Op what's the title of the film? undecided
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by TeenageMoney(m): 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
Camera de capture ghost??
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
haizeek: how does this affect the scarcity of petrol? And the ever increasing price of kuli kuli?

be mute
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by tomzman: 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
Hmm.......
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2012
Who say it was photoshop ??,,it was photomarket . grin grin grin .
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by k2039: 3:40pm On Dec 26, 2012
Neoviper147:

Everything is photoshop...Even, Fu*cking your girl is still photoshop...I hail thee, Nairalanders.
[color=soyouquotedme]Only if you understood english.
Did I explicitly say it was photoshop, SMH.

Besides why should I believe every news, the picture is just not logical, so the authenticity of the picture should be doubted.
About my girlfriend, even without viewing the picture I can conclude it's photoshop
[/color]
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by Libkid(m): 3:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
Uncle pls tell us a story.*singing in phyno voice*ndi ara lee lee lekwa ha.ghost mode u no dey.thats exactly wats happening there.next story pls
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by Ezeufi: 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
Nigerian man...... and their obsession with ghosts...
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by Rapmaestro(m): 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2012
Troll: [size=17pt] THIS MUST BE PHOTOSHOP! IN "GHOST MODE"!!! shocked grin [/size]

true jawe... GHOST MODE ACTIVATED,call d ghost xtinguishe,if there is any.. LWKMD
Re: Ghost Of Grandfather Appears At Granddaughter's Christening Ceremony (PHOTOS) by BarryX(m): 3:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
I actually thought and knew that "ghost" cannot appear within the visible light region of the electromagnetic spectrum, so Optical lens can now detect ghost! I really want to know the kind of Camera used, it helps buttressing the "ghost theory" though!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBNaija’s Khafi & Temisan Emmanuel To Host This Year’s The Future Awards Africa / Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma / Happy Valentine's Day To All Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.