Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1211840 members, 1569045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 29 July 2014 at 03:38 AM

Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? - Jokes Etc (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? (13711 Views)

You Remember This Old Lamp? What Can You Remember About It / You remember simbi? / Do You Remember? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by delors(m): 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
donofdons: my family was used as a template for that write up......my father wrote the book...i am happy my dead father is still well appriciated . Remain blessed all of you.. You guys made my daycry
so na because of dis ur family story my teacher dey always flog my head becos i nor sabi read una complicated family story? Sege! so mr nwosu don die? Mrs nwosu still dey alive? What abt Edet? Emeka? Wakama? Odion? Agbo (d one who lives in Calabar)? Eze ( d one who goes to school) those guys suppose don dey do their masters now o abi na spare parts dem dey sell for Enugu?
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2012
Anybody remember "Wakama" and "Kunle" ? "Edet" from Calabar? "Gadonki"?
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by kunletiwoo(m): 2:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
Uncle Ali and Simbiat cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by delors(m): 2:04pm On Dec 26, 2012
NRI PRIEST: Anybody remember "Wakama" and "Kunle" ? "Edet" from Calabar? "Gadonki"?
yh I remember Gandoki d father of Garba telling tales of his victories to. those children. that yeye guy na scam jare. D guy nor fit fight joor
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2012
delors:
yh I remember Gandoki d father of Garba telling tales of his victories to. those children. that yeye guy na scam jare. D guy nor fit fight joor

Hahaha..Remember he was on a horse and was wearing a Fulani robe. Danm! I miss those days like hell.
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by coolzeal(m): 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
damn Macmillan use to be the best book then lol. I remember Abgo live in the town of Lagoon which is not far from Ibadan, he went to primary school and he was in primary 5. Everyone loves Agbo because his parents were rich oh ahahhhahahaha i can read that off heart till this day lol. Oliver twist, passport of Mallam Ilia, Chike and the river, Eze goes to school and how he fought with Onu etc hahahaa..
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by coolzeal(m): 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
NRI PRIEST: Anybody remember "Wakama" and "Kunle" ? "Edet" from Calabar? "Gadonki"?

damn i remember all and wakama later traveled to Benin living his friends behind and they were sad lol. Gandoki the warrior..

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by Mospring(m): 2:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
OlowoTee: And, why was I thinking this got to do with the Maltina Family Dance show?...poor moi.smiley

Op
Yes, we did use it in primary school in the eighties.
i cudnt read when i was in ma early primary; maybe! i had a carryover in reader! self.. who knws
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by U09ce: 2:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
Mr Nwosu,Mal Hassan,Edet,Ali and Simbi,Wakama etc where wuna dey? Hv passed d stage bt cant forget these memories.
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by asudan: 2:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
Revolva: Thats mr nwosu family .... any body on nairaland that dis not read this book did not school in nigeria and is a second class nigeria citizen hahaha!!!!! Should be deported
what does that suppose mean.
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by stokolie(m): 2:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
that picture is 4rm edet story. I think it goes like this
'2day is friday edet and his cousin are eating chicken and rice can u see the big bowl....' i have 4gotten the rest.that what happens when u do 'cram' work like i did.lol
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by DonTim1: 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
Its christmas, mr nwosu n family r having a party,can u c d big bowl of rice ....

Nice memory.
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by jericco1(m): 2:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
Ali and simbi
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by okparaugo: 2:50pm On Dec 26, 2012
May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace.
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by hollypagan: 2:55pm On Dec 26, 2012
What abt the RETURN OF IKENGA,EZE GOES TO SCHOOL,ARROW OF GOD
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by DollyParton1(f): 3:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
The primary school I attended did not use this macmilliam english text book. Obviously I missed out on a lot. sad sad sad
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by Princessaleeza: 3:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
Right Yansh:
No! Na Alomo!
no he did not mean d Agbo u taut. He means d Agbo dat lives in Calabar,he his 8yrs old then,
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by meedx: 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
@ OP, now you are going to make me cry. Good old days!
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by meedx: 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
@ OP, now you are going to make me cry. Good old days!
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
Memories!
If I remember correctly, these characters were specific to each class. Agbo malaika (pri 4), wakama and odion (pri 5), I think ali and simbi was in pri 1 reader, edet (the one that lives in calabar was class 3).
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
WOW!!! Primary School Days!!!
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
Anyone remember the nationwide reader, that was introduced in the early 90's?
Characters (puppets) like konki and tinka?
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by Acecube(m): 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
I started laughing before opening the thread..... Those chickens are the adam and eve of the christmas fowl kingdom... Lol
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by Ddamsel(f): 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
BluePinkee: "Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat. Please, put a kobo in the old man's hat".. Can never forget this poem in that passage.
wow! I luvd dis poem.
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by milychocs(f): 3:57pm On Dec 26, 2012
Memories...

The family that took a road trip round Nigeria, I don't know if any one remembers them
That book, and the other English Language books we used in primary school taught me things i still know about the different places in 9ja...eg Abeokuta means under rock?
Kaduna and crocodiles? etc

I feel old cheesy eh?
Good times

My mom would hold a cane while my brother would be crying and reading "Mr Giwa is a shop-keeper. He has a shop in Lawal's village"...
LOL. The olodo wanted to be playing, but mother made sure he read too...but meeen, my brothers played...like mad
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by Acecube(m): 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
clue: Memories!
If I remember correctly, these characters were specific to each class. Agbo malaika (pri 4), wakama and odion (pri 5), I think ali and simbi was in pri 1 reader, edet (the one that lives in calabar was class 3).
agbo live in calabar which is not far from ibadan he was in primary 5 every one love agbo... I don try abeg, remember then we were told to read it off hand..
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by holamiday(m): 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
yes yes yes i remember that story. Mr nwosu had two chicken for christmas and they cooked rice or sth. Ah old memories.
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by ichommy(m): 4:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
Nah inside Ali & Simbi
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by tnktosin(m): 4:39pm On Dec 26, 2012
Mr Nwosu has two daughters and four sons, they are preparing for Christmas...Nkechi is sweeping the floor while Ngozi is cutting the pineapple with a knife. Mrs Nwosu is cooking the rice. There are some tomatoes on the table near the big pot.
Mr Nwosu is holding two big chickens. The girls are happy, they like Christmas time, they like eating chicken and rice and they like singing Christmas songs.

That's my memory of the Nwosu's. I think I got most parts right tongue

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by SwitAyi(f): 5:18pm On Dec 26, 2012
Revolva:

Thank you that's true - I salivate die dreamin of chiken n rice in class each time I read d book back den
lol
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by obxddon(m): 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
Mr. Nwosu has a big family......thats the only part I rember from that book.Its been long and it was published by macmillian.
Re: Do You Remember The Nwosu Family? by SwitAyi(f): 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2012
LeCoq:

especially when i didnt have breakfast before leaving for school. poor me cheesy

(0) (1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastors Versus Fathers / From Lola To Studere / Some Funny Street Names In Your Locality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.