Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Questions For Anony About Souls - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Anony About Souls (19516 Views)

Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / Do Human Clones Have Souls? / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by mazaje(m): 10:09am On Dec 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Ok good let us proceed. I will assume that for this thread mazaje is interested in truth more than unnecessary empty arguments.

1. My answer: Yes. However, the it is more like a soul having a body than the other way round. For the intents and purposes of this thread, I will define the soul as the non-physical essence of a man i.e. the real person is the soul while the body would be his 'container'. (note: this is a rather simplified description of what the soul is but it will do for now)

Here are my comments with regards to your soul having a body i.e the body houses the soul. . .

There is nothing like the soul that exist in the human body everything begins and ends with the brain. All thoughts and actions are controlled by the brain.

It is a common belief among theists (of many religions) that when you die, your soul exits your body and continues on its journey (to Heaven, Hell, or where-ever).
Many people also believe that the soul is the "real you" - your Id in a perfect world. This line of thinking leads people to believe that, for example, when a baby dies it's "real" self will live on, not as a baby but as an adult mind. This makes sense, otherwise all babies that die and go to heaven would still be babies there, which wouldn't be much use, really - knowing practically nothing and not being able to communicate or interact with other souls except by screaming and crying. It seems that no matter what state of development you were in at the moment of death, be it a helpless infant, a severely mentally handicapped person, or an eighty-year old with advanced Alzheimer's Disease, up in heaven you magically acquire all the mental faculties and knowledge you would have had as person in the prime of mental health.

The soul, apparently, must be somehow separate from the brain. There are a number of gaping flaws in this idea (as is often the case with religious pseudo-science). The most obvious one is this: If a person has a major physical change to their brain (due to injury, surgery, disease or oxygen starvation), it will often bring about a major change to their personality. Many people who suffer accidents that cause brain injury also undergo a personality change. It used to be common practice to lobotomise (surgically remove the frontal lobes of the brain) dangerously violent people as this brought about a dramatic change in their personality - they became much more subdued and docile.

There have been several cases where a person went into hospital for an operation, something went tragically wrong, perhaps with the anaesthetic, and the person suffered massive brain-damage as a result. Healthy, thinking, reasoning person before the operation, and a vegetable afterwards. What happened to the soul? Did the material drugs damage the immaterial soul?

Sometimes a baby is starved of oxygen during birth, and suffers irreparable brain-damage because of this. Is this evidence that God, for some reason, installs a "damaged" soul into the baby, coincidentally at the same time that the baby's brain is being starved, or is it evidence that your mental state is inextricably related to the physical state of your brain?

This begs the question: how can a change to a person's physical being have such a large effect on that person's non-physical being - their soul / personality?

Maybe the brain is just the soul's connection to the physical world? That is, the soul floats along inside our heads and use the brain the drive all the various muscles etc. that express the soul's desires and feelings. In that case, why do we have such a large brain? Mice and other small mammals get along quite well with a brain the size of a pea, so why can't humans? A mouse has a similar set of bodily organs and muscles to a human. Many dinosaurs had large bodies and tiny brains, so a big brain is not required to move big muscles. Why do we, with our average-sized body, have such a disproportionately large brain? Does a complex soul require a large brain to connect it to the physical world, or is our intelligence due to the hundreds of trillions of neural connections inside our heads?

Are memories stored in the brain or the soul? Some people partially lose their memory when their brain is injured. This implies that the brain stores memories, in which case how does your soul remember anything after brain-death? Does it take a copy of your memories and store them somewhere? If so, why can't it do this before death, giving us all perfect memories throughout our lives? What happens to those memories that are forgotten or lost? Does the soul somehow retrieve them so that you have a complete memory of every single second of your life, or does it only get those things that your conscious mind can normally remember?

If the brain is the soul's connector, why do other animals have brains at all? Do they have small, simple souls? Many religions teach that only humans have souls, and yet many animals are able to express their desires and feelings quite adequately (ask any cat-owner at feeding time). If a soulless animal can obviously express happiness or fear, is this caused purely by its brain or by some sort of mini-soul acting via the brain? If animals have some sort of soul, do they go to Heaven when they die, or is their existence simply extinguished (just as if their personality was indeed caused by the brain)?

If the brain is simply a link-point for the soul, then how can drugs affect the state of the soul? If you take some mind-altering drugs, the chemical balance in your brain will be altered, but how can chemicals have any effect on the immaterial soul floating along with the brain? How do antidepressant drugs stop a nonphysical soul from feeling depressed? Why do souls need sleep? Why does your soul cease to be aware while your brain slumbers? The answer is quite simple, and not to the liking of theists. Your personality is a direct product of that physical organ in your head, your brain. If your brain is altered, your personality (your "soul" is altered). When your brain dies, your soul dies with it.

Nothing else makes sense and, as usual, the theistic explanations only raise more problems than they solve.

Link
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 30, 2012
@mazaje: the link's broken, but great comment and interesting questions.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by wiegraf: 10:13am On Dec 30, 2012
Stalwert: Oh atheist are being battered in this thread: current scores as they stand;
Coalition of the willing (christians) 9. The Atheists 3.

Will the atheist do a last minute rally and launch a counter attack?

Will the christians step on the banana peel and fall off the route of victory?

Will the atheists sack Mazaje who has so far shown lack luster performance and undeniable fear in responding to simple questions?

Will the atheists aid Mazaje instead of mopping?

Will the world end in 2012?

Will Obama avoid the fiscal cliff and dance gangnam style one last time?

Will davidylan play a more direct role rather than fighting from the margins?

Please stay tuned for an explosive encounter between COW and The Atheists!

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by advocate666: 10:43am On Dec 30, 2012
hisblud: thanks for the strawman link. Strawman grin but on a serious note, mazaje did not find his style repulsive. Lets let em finish discussing abi, we were not directly asked but can contribute without been offensive ko smiley. There are questions to me are irrelevant thus i ignore when i think so, aint that my right grin grin

Why do you expect me to behave like you? If you want to stay on the sidelines, that's your choice but I discuss if I want. Annony shuts up if he wants, Mazaje accepts responses if he wants.
What is it with christians always trying to live other people's life for them?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 10:50am On Dec 30, 2012
mazaje:

I believe you know what I am talking about. . .Do you believe in the soul?. . .Is the mind the soul?. . .Can we reason for example without our brains?. . .
yes i believe in the soul.. And no the mind is not the soul..you are a tripartite bieng. mind/body/soul/...your soul is that which houses or contains your body. it is in, through and around your body. it is every where.. the mind is in each cell of your body and not your brains alone..

can we reason for example without our brains? well we dont reason with our brains we do with the mind..the brain is more of a transformer or receiver...
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by advocate666: 10:57am On Dec 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Ok bro, I'll expect it. As for advocate666, ignore him. Engaging him is usually a waste of time, he hardly ever makes logical sense but he doesn't know it and when you respond to him, it makes him think that what he has said was worth responding to in the first place.

It would be a great day the day sensible people start making logical sense to your type of brain. Abeg shut and do what you are very good at: asking silly questions and running away when confronted.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 30, 2012
mazaje: I got some of these questions from another board but will like you to answer them.

1. Do you believe that you have a soul that survives death?
2. If you answered yes to #1, where is this soul currently located in the human body? (Be specific)
3. How is this soul affixed to the body while you are alive?
4. By what means does it become disconnected from the body at the point of death?
5. Do animals, insects and unicellular organisims have souls? If no, why not?
6. By what means do we obtain this soul? Why is it not described in any scholarly work regarding the conception of human beings?
7. Where is our soul before we are conceived?Is it created out of "nothing"? What is it created out of? How is the soul distinct from the body?
8. Is the soul different from consciousness?
9. Is there a difference between the soul and the intelligence/character of the human?

For example: if a person sustains severe brain damage that dramatically alters their character or intellect(it happens a lot) completely, does that mean:

a) The soul sustained equal damage to the brain and is changed in exactly the same way?
b) The soul was not damaged, but parts of it are thereafter "locked off" due to the physical damage?

This ones will do for now.

I will attempt to answer a few of those questions cos i am on phone and cant do much. Apologies since am responding to questions posted to another.

1. We are souls, the physical body is just physical housing for souls and let me add that there are souls that do not have physical embodiments, we term them ghosts etc. Some even try in battle to own a physical body "possess" people.
Yes, soul is energy and survives death.

2. Soul as energy assumes forms, it can be a ball of light, and can take shapes, so soul isnt located 'in' human body but its every of our atoms and it powers them to stay animated. Soul is more of energy than dimensional object.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 30, 2012
[quote author=mazaje]I got some of these questions from another board but will like you to answer them.

Soul is affixed via the silver cord.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Affiliated(m): 11:30am On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: 3. How is this soul affixed to the body while you are alive?

Soul is affixed via the silver cord.

I take it you astral project. Nice. Going back to the sidelines
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 30, 2012
mazaje: I got some of these questions from another board but will like you to answer them.

1. Do you believe that you have a soul that survives death?
2. If you answered yes to #1, where is this soul currently located in the human body? (Be specific)
4. By what means does it become disconnected from the body at the point of death?

Yes, death is the name given to a condition when soul vacates physical body. Soul knows no death.

5. Do animals, insects and unicellular organisims have souls? If no, why not?

All living things are alife by virtue of souls, yes, the mentioned are souls in physical form.

6. By what means do we obtain this soul? Why is it not described in any scholarly work regarding the conception of human beings?

We do not obtain souls, soul seeks physical embodiments to go through physical existence. We do not exist without soul.

7. Where is our soul before we are conceived?Is it created out of "nothing"? What is it created out of? How is the soul distinct from the body?

Soul place is ether, vast limitless ocean of love energy. Soul is energy and can not be created nor destroyed but can be converted to different forms of manifestations. Body is in physical form, soul is energy in ethereal form.

8. Is the soul different from consciousness? Soul births consciousness, soul is what gives consciousness to all that its in.

9. Is there a difference between the soul and the intelligence/character of the human?

The intelligence of man has to do with his knowledge which are channeled through the brain cells to the virtual server called the mind. Brain is workshop for the mind, mind is storage of all knowledges and mind is brain of soul.

For example: if a person sustains severe brain damage that dramatically alters their character or intellect(it happens a lot) completely, does that mean:

a) The soul sustained equal damage to the brain and is changed in exactly the same way?
No, soul is not affected by physical impacts.

- will continue soon.

b) The soul was not damaged, but parts of it are thereafter "locked off" due to the physical damage?

Soul is never affected, but if soul is unable to function in a destroyed body, it leaves temporary and wait for new birth for it to "possess" and continue where it stopped on the previous body, in a process called reincarnation.

This ones will do for now.

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 30, 2012
I am on phone, please locate responses as you can. And should you not locate answer to a particular question, paste the question and i will give an answer.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by wiegraf: 12:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
musKeeto: Remember my short break some weeks bk? I was hauling my soul to Naija. Been stuck in my villa for abt a wk nw...

I'll pm u as soon as possible. Need some non-religious advice, regarding info tech. Your Japanese Nippon prediction was right though. Never heard from them. Or maybe, it was just me thinking of running back to Naija.

I helped, for realz? I go dey wait
A few bits of dat info tech field don't wait for no one. seriously.. Today you're boss, tomorrow meh..
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by advocate666: 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2012
Look at these people. You have to first of all agree on what a soul is before coming to preach to atheists.

This one says the body contains the soul

Mr_Anony:
Ok good let us proceed. I will assume that for this thread mazaje is interested in truth more than unnecessary empty arguments.

1. My answer: Yes. However, the it is more like a soul having a body than the other way round. For the intents and purposes of this thread, I will define the soul as the non-physical essence of a man i.e. the real person is the soul while the body would be his 'container'. (note: this is a rather simplified description of what the soul is but it will do for now)

1. My question: Do you believe that there is more to you than your physical body or is there a non-physical aspect of you? i.e is there an aspect of you that cannot be comprehensively defined by space, time and mass?

This one says the soul contains the body.

greatgenius: yes i believe in the soul.. And no the mind is not the soul..you are a tripartite bieng. mind/body/soul/...your soul is that which houses or contains your body. it is in, through and around your body. it is every where.. the mind is in each cell of your body and not your brains alone..

can we reason for example without our brains? well we dont reason with our brains we do with the mind..the brain is more of a transformer or receiver...

Which is which?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by MrAnony1(m): 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
mazaje:

I made a simple statement and the statement is that all my thoughts are reasoning are a function of the brain, without my brain I can not think or reason. Who said I am created by my brain? I simply said my thoughts and reasoning all are controlled by my brain. . .Again I ask are my thoughts my soul?. . .Is my non physical parts that is my thoughts and reasoning my my soul? Are you saying that my thoughts are soul?. . .Is just want a simple yes or a simple no. . .

I am responsible for my thoughts, but my thoughts are just chemical reactions in my brain and it has been empirically shown that thoughts are a mixture of chemical reactions in the brain, do you dispute that fact that thoughts are chemical reactions in the brain?. . .

Do you dispute the fact that thoughts are chemical reactions in the brain?. . .

What do you mean by that there is a non physical me?. . .What is the non physical me. . .There is no non physical me, again are my thoughts my soul?. . .My thoughts are chemical reactions that happen in the brain. . . .The chemical reactions within the brain are complex too, and very numerous. They also act within a complex and organized structure.

If all I am is a random? What are you saying? Again the chemical reactions within the brain are complex too, and very numerous. They also act within a complex and organised structure. Are my thoughts me are my thoughts my soul? Is that what you are saying? Whats the difference between my thoughts and my soul?. . .I am talking about my thoughts and you seem to equate my thoughts to "me". You are just begging the question. . .My thoughts are chemical reactions in my brain. . . Its not a chemical reaction that has an equation per say because it is not all chemical reactions that can be shown as an equation and you know that. . .My brain is composed of about 100 billion nerve cells (neurons) interconnected by trillions of connections, called synapses. On average, each connection transmits about one signal per second. Some specialized connections send up to 1,000 signals per second. which produces thought.
When I read the words mazaje, for example, the photons associated with the patterns of the letters hit my retina, and their energy triggers an electrical signal in the light-detecting cells there. That electrical signal propagates like a wave along the long threads called axons that are part of the connections between neurons. When the signal reaches the end of an axon, it causes the release of chemical neurotransmitters into the synapse, a chemical junction between the axon tip and target neurons. A target neuron responds with its own electrical signal, which, in turn, spreads to other neurons. Within a few hundred milliseconds, the signal has spread to billions of neurons in several dozen interconnected areas of my brain and I have perceived the words mazaje. That's a summary of how it functions, but its more complicated than that. The fact that I am then able to convert the perception of these shapes into symbols, language, and meaning is a whole other story and a good indication of the complexity of neuroscience.

Chemical reactions result in non physical reactions as we have in the brain. . .The chemical reactions in the brain result in thoughts and reasoning. . .Thoughts are a function of neural circuitry in particular areas on the brain. Thoughts are not physical as such can not be measured, so I really do not know what you are talking about. . . .

What exactly do you mean by me?. . .Are my thoughts me?. . .Are my thoughts my soul?. . .Whats the difference between my thoughts and my soul. . .Pls answer. . .
Wow, it seems we are going to be spending a lot of time on question 2.

You said that there is no non-physical aspect of you. I am still waiting for you to tell me exactly how physical chemical reactions whose spatial properties can be measured happen to result in thoughts with no physical properties. ("it is complex" is not an answer in the same way I am sure that you won't be satisfied if I merely said "the soul is complex" )

You cannot have it both ways; it is either your thoughts can be physically measured or your thoughts cannot be physically measured in which case they won't be an aspect of you since no aspect of you is non-physical.

Please answer clearly so that we can move on to your next question
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by advocate666: 1:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:

You said that there is no non-physical aspect of you. I am still waiting for you to tell me exactly how physical chemical reactions whose spatial properties can be measured happen to result in thoughts with no physical properties.

You cannot have it both ways; it is either your thoughts can be physically measured or your thoughts cannot be physically measured in which case they won't be an aspect of you since no aspect of you is non-physical.

See what I mean, Mazaje?
This charlatan has turned the tables on you: he is now the one asking the questions and you are the one answering. Why do you indulge him so?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by MrAnony1(m): 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2012
hisblud: @anony check your mail i have sent it.
Thanks bro, You are a blessing
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
obadiah777: HAVE YOU FINISHED PROSTRATING IN FRONT OF THAT CHRISTMAS TREE YOU BOUGHT FOR XMAS ? grin

lol. Chrismas tree? Me? Lol.

"I jump am pass", Chrismas ke?

guy where went you?

I learnt you travelled that is why you were missing for sometimes in here?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

lol. Chrismas tree? Me? Lol.

"I jump am pass", Chrismas ke?

guy where went you?

I learnt you travelled that is why you were missing for sometimes in here?
I WENT APOSTATE BRUV LOL. YEAH FAMILY IS IN TOWN. HAD TO GO REPRESENT. TRUST ALL IS WELL BRUV wink
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 2:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: The question he asked is completely different from your response. We know the brain is behind the moulding of thoughts and determines how everything is controlled. What he wants to know is the spatial measurement of this thoughts. You didn't answer that.

and maezaje had ask is where is the location of this soul in the human body?
*Smh*

a discuss of this sort should it not be reference with the bible?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 2:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
Reyginus: Lolol. This is what happens when you don't understand the implication of what you are typing. Do you really?

dont lie against him dude.

you have lied in this fashion against me in this forum befor dont forget.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by mazaje(m): 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:

You said that there is no non-physical aspect of you. I am still waiting for you to tell me exactly how physical chemical reactions whose spatial properties can be measured happen to result in thoughts with no physical properties. ("it is complex" is not an answer in the same way I am sure that you won't be satisfied if I merely said "the soul is complex" )

I said acknowledged that my thoughts are non physical but without my brain I can not have them since they are chemical reaction in the brain, that is a scientific fact, do you dispute that fact?. . .My thoughts are non physical and as such can not be measured. . .
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by mazaje(m): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2012
greatgenius: yes i believe in the soul.. And no the mind is not the soul..you are a tripartite bieng. mind/body/soul/...your soul is that which houses or contains your body. it is in, through and around your body. it is every where.. the mind is in each cell of your body and not your brains alone..

What evidence do you have to show that I am a trip-ate being?. . .Here is what one of my favorite posters here on nairaland wrote about the soul. . .It is pertinent to this discussion and will drop his words as my reply to you here. . .

All empircal evidence shows that the "person" is defined by the brain, no magical "soul" involved at all. It can be empirically shown that the brain is the source of all thought and emotions. It can be empirically shown that there is no effect of the brain that goes on after death. It can be empirically shown that every kind of knowledge and everything people do can be mapped onto the regions of the brain. Everything we do is explained by brain activity and we can do nothing without it. It can be empirically shown that the brain is nothing more than a complex biochemical machine. Sure scientist are still learning about the details of the brain, but we know all of what I said and more. Without question, scientifically we can categorically state that there is no soul or spirit in a human all these are ancient constructs of medieval men.

It cannot be shown that there is any way for a consciousness to exist outside of a brain of some kind. Immaterial things can be empirically shown to have no consciousness of any sort and cannot have any such thing. Spirits have never been detected anywhere at any time. People who tell you otherwise are selling something or they are delusional. People can fool themselves and can have hallucinations and dreams that they interpret as spiritual meetings or revelations. These can be induced in the laboratory and personally with drugs. They are effects of the physical brain and nothing more.

The idea of a soul can be traced to ancient superstitions and ignorant ideas simple nothing more nothing less. . Every scrap of evidence points to the brian as the center of all thoughts and imaginations and nothing can be demonstrated otherwise. As much as we can know anything, we know that there is no such thing as a soul. It is no more than a poetic reference to the essence of a person which is all in the brain and dies with the body.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
greatgenius: wrong the mind is not the brain. the mind exists in every cell of your body.

na wao!

When you are ask "what is in your mind"? Is that a question to other part of your body?
Hmmm!

The mind is the brain Abeg
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by MrAnony1(m): 3:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
mazaje:

I said acknowledged that my thoughts are non physical but without my brain I can not have them since they are chemical reaction in the brain, that is a scientific fact, do you dispute that fact?. . .My thoughts are non physical and as such can not be measured. . .

Why then was it so hard for you to simply agree when I said this:

Mr_Anony:
Just to get something clear before we move on to the next question:

You are accepting that there is an aspect of you that is non-physical however it is controlled by chemical reactions in a physical brain.

Is the above a fair representation of what you are saying?

So have you now agreed that there is an aspect of you that is non-physical? Can we move on to question 3 now?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by advocate666: 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Why then was it so hard for you to simply agree when I said this:

So have you now agreed that there is an aspect of you that is non-physical? Can we move on to question 3 now?

This man is really a joke. You haven't answered question 2 and you want to move to 3.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2012
From yahoo answers:
Resolved Question: Can there be any chemical reactions that are not visible?
Colour change, light being released etc, those are all visible but are there any non-visible changes that can make it a chemical reaction?

Asked by Staaaar 3 years ago Report Abuse

Best Answer
A Simple Neutralization reaction:
A --> B
NaOH + HCl --> Nacl + H2O

Since all the elements involved in the reaction are colourless, u cannot say if the reaction has taken place unless you use any indicator like phenolphthalein (pink instrong base like NaOH and colorless otherwise)
Answer by The Eskimo 3 years ago Report Abuse

If i can chip in here, Mazaje what i think (my opinion tho grin) is that Mr Anony is asking you something as the above from a yahoo answers;

where

A = Chemical Reaction
B = Thoughts

thus

A --> B

So what he is saying since you accept that our thoughts is a function of chemical reactions, you should put it as the above simple neutralization reaction that if we take it to either Sweden and Ajegunle, the result will be the same. In other words what substances make up the chemical reaction.

Further more, making it more complicated is that you have accepted that thoughts are non-physical objects, so how can a physical quantities combine (A) to produce (B) a non physical object.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
hisblud: From yahoo answers:

If i can chip in here, Mazaje what i think (my opinion tho grin) is that Mr Anony is asking you something as the above from a yahoo answers;

where

A = Chemical Reaction
B = Thoughts

thus

A --> B

So what he is saying since you accept that our thoughts is a function of chemical reactions, you should put it as the above simple neutralization reaction that if we take it to either Sweden and Ajegunle, the result will be the same. In other words what substances make up the chemical reaction.

Further more, making it more complicated is that you have accepted that thoughts are non-physical objects, so how can a physical quantities combine (A) to produce (B) a non physical object.

a) Let's say that I slapped your wife for abusing me. That then creates tension when we both meet the next day. Is that tension physical?

b) There is tangibility to our thoughts . Our thoughts are memory based. Our thoughts are based on what we have seen and our brains ability to recollect and visualize. So, when you are thinking of something, you are actually doing something physical; recollecting a visual memory stored in your brain and analyzing it. It is a very physical process to make a thought
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

na wao!

When you are ask "what is in your mind"? Is that a question to other part of your body?
Hmmm!

The mind is the brain Abeg
The Mind is a virtual reporsitory where brain archives information. Mind is where brain shares info with soul. Mind is virtual repository, the brain sends info to virtual server (mind) for permanent storage. There are interchange of info btween brain and mind on a molecular level via dedicated nerves in the brain. Its a new field of research in medical sciences dedicated to this and OBE. When we die the mind keeps info on soul and soul comes to new body armed with info of previous experiences of life and that individual can easily pick up on experiences of past life. A study of reincarnation offers insight into mind as memory or HDD of soul.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: The Mind is a virtual reporsitory where brain archives information. Mind is to where brain shares info with soul. Mind is virtual repository, the brain sends info to virtual server (mind) for permanent storage. There are interchange of info btween brain and mind on a molecular level via dedicated nerves in the brain. Its a new field of research in medical sciences dedicated to this and OBE. When we die the mind keeps info on soul and soul comes to new body armed with info of previous experiences of life and that individual can easily pick up on experiences of past life. A study of reincarnation offers insight into mind as memory or HDD of soul.

hilarious comedy !
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

a) Let's say that I slapped your wife for abusing me. That then creates tension when we both meet the next day. Is that tension physical?

b) There is tangibility to our thoughts . Our thoughts are memory based. Our thoughts are based on what we have seen and our brains ability to recollect and visualize. So, when you are thinking of something, you are actually doing something physical; recollecting a visual memory stored in your brain and analyzing it. It is a very physical process to make a thought
grin you dare not grin. Hi mazaje stated there that our tots is NON PHYSICAL and now you are stating its tangible and physical Which one should i take? I will go wit mazaje!
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
frosbel:

hilarious comedy !
To a child, wrestling is comical.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

Thoughts are not physical,it is energy and that energy can be converted to mechanical enery etc. Sometimes when we think hard, we feel heat on our head, the energy is being converted to heat energy etc. Your illustration is irrelevant to the context.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Can One Pray To God To Forgive The Sins Of Another? / Bishop Oyedepo Honors Wife, Says She Hasn't Stressed Him In 32 Years / Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.