Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Questions For Anony About Souls - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Anony About Souls (19521 Views)

Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / Do Human Clones Have Souls? / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 30, 2012
wiegraf:

Logic couldn't solve so you just make $hit up?
No sir, logic and philosophy is limited to the capacity of the human brain, so human brain cant fathom advance learning and discoveries so I switch to a higher tool than the brain. Cos Logic is common sense, I hate common sense cos its faulty mechanism.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
:
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Bible lacks basic information about Soul. Using a Bible to study about spiritual things is like readiing 'Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart' to write NASA's rocket science exams. Bible was written for a generation, if you keep that as your guide to knowing about Time machines and the Universe, then you are equiped with a wooden hammer to repair a Laptop. Using Bible as a guide is living between 2012 yrs to 6000 yrs ago.

lol.

Guy you are really on "astra travel"

i have got no time to west on you.

Your way is the easy way out.

In fact, it is the same thing our ancestors belief in.
peace.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

so it is this you permutation that will be more accurate baaa?

Have you died befor? No? So keep it.

bible is not just "lacking in this aspect" but rather refute this your stance.

I will not bother with you as long as you dont say that what you are saying are bible based.
Yes, I have died before. And before I died, I realized that we are very mechanical in nature. I experienced that the body vibrates from its atomic levels once every 4 seconds. Self revolved 360 degrees before getting out of alignment with the physical body, and I was everywhere I thought of. Just a thought about village, and I was there instantly (funny thing is my brother called to say he saw someone resemble me in the house if I came home). A thought of America, and I was there instantly. A thought of astral library and I was there. And I seemed to understand whole concepts. And lest I forget, before I jetted out of the body, it was with a loud bang! After that, I practiced how to do it voluntarily, scary till this moment, cos I always feel like am dying but conquering the fear is the greatest of all.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

so the spirit or breath of God that was put in the body and it came to be a "living soul" was later put in that "container soul" of yours abi?

Smh for you platonic philosophers.
did you not read where o said the soul is in, through and around the body?.. I repeat your body does not contain your soul.. is the other way around
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Yes, I have died before. And before I died, I realized that we are very mechanical in nature. I experienced that the body vibrates from its atomic levels once every 4 seconds. Self revolved 360 degrees before getting out of alignment with the physical body, and I was everywhere I thought of. Just a thought about village, and I was there instantly (funny thing is my brother called to say he saw someone resemble me in the house if I came home). A thought of America, and I was there instantly. A thought of astral library and I was there. And I seemed to understand whole concepts. And lest I forget, before I jetted out of the body, it was with a loud bang! After that, I practiced how to do it voluntarily, scary till this moment, cos I always feel like am dying but conquering the fear is the greatest of all.

go meet a voodoo priest for more witch craft lesson.

Peace and out.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

go meet a voodoo priest for more witch craft lesson.

Peace and out.
Your comfort in ignorance is appalling. I am a Christian, baptized and an Elder. I have been out there preaching in the past, so I know a little more about Christianity than you cretins. What ever Christianity does not understand is tagged 'wizardry'. An easy way out for f00ls who live with 2012 to 6000 yrs old archaic literature. I still own a copy though.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Yes, I have died before. And before I died, I realized that we are very mechanical in nature. I experienced that the body vibrates from its atomic levels once every 4 seconds. Self revolved 360 degrees before getting out of alignment with the physical body, and I was everywhere I thought of. Just a thought about village, and I was there instantly (funny thing is my brother called to say he saw someone resemble me in the house if I came home). A thought of America, and I was there instantly. A thought of astral library and I was there. And I seemed to understand whole concepts. And lest I forget, before I jetted out of the body, it was with a loud bang! After that, I practiced how to do it voluntarily, scary till this moment, cos I always feel like am dying but conquering the fear is the greatest of all.

You should get together with Buzugee.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by wiegraf: 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
Martian:

You should get together with Buzugee.

I was thinking something similar. I think I need madness to counter madness. Buzugee might be the man for the job

Edit: actually highyo may be better suited
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 30, 2012
wiegraf:

I was thinking something similar. I think I need madness to counter madness. Buzugee might be the man for the job

Edit: actually highyo may be better suited
Ofcourse I have witnessed thousands of you. Its predictable behavioral standard of those with limited knowledge of reality, whenever there is something more advanced than your threshold, your mind instantly rejects cos you havent yet matured enough in consciousness to move to the next stage.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Ofcourse I have witnessed thousands of you. Its predictable behavioral standard of those with limited knowledge of reality, whenever there is something more advanced than your threshold, your mind instantly rejects cos you havent yet matured enough in consciousness to move to the next stage.

I'm sitting on my porcelain throne right now and taking a sh:t. I think this will be a good time for you to die, think about my bathroom and appear right in front of me. You claim you can do it, so go ahead and die.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by wiegraf: 9:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
Martian:

I'm sitting on my porcelain throne right now and taking a sh:t. I think this will be a good time for you to die, think about my bathroom and appear right in front of me. You claim you can do it, so go ahead and die.

I can't possibly top this...
Damn it
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
Martian:

If I have been in your house before and have clear dimension of your environment, I will be there and I will make sure I create an unforgettable scene.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 10:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
Martian:

lol funny but
1. if he does you would not be able to see him.
2.you will not see him becuase first of your beliefs says that phenamnon like such do not exist..you cannot experience what you do not BELIEVE IN OR chosen..
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by wiegraf: 10:40pm On Dec 30, 2012
greatgenius: lol funny but
1. if he does you would not be able to see him.
2.you will not see him becuase first of your beliefs says that phenamnon like such do not exist..you cannot experience what you do not BELIEVE IN..

If someone came up and slapped you, you might not believe it just happened but I'm pretty sure you'd experience it. So what are you on about?

Perhaps people experience it because they want to believe it occurs, in other words, it's all in their heads, hmmm? But why should I have to point this out?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Your comfort in ignorance is appalling. I am a Christian, baptized and an Elder. I have been out there preaching in the past, so I know a little more about Christianity than you cretins. What ever Christianity does not understand is tagged 'wizardry'. An easy way out for f00ls who live with 2012 to 6000 yrs old archaic literature. I still own a copy though.

What a farce , you an ELDER, God help us.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 11:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
wiegraf:

If someone came up and slapped you, you might not believe it just happened but I'm pretty sure you'd experience it. So what are you on about?
lol that was funny but lets get serious here..i will repeat you cannot experience that which you do not believe in or chosen aat some level.. for you to get slapped randomly you would have to believe at some level that you could get slapped at random.. for what reason should you evn think or believe that anyone can come up to you and start slapping you? well if you believe that can happen you will eventually get what you wish for..

Perhaps people experience it because they want to believe it occurs, in other words, it's all in their heads, hmmm? But why should I have to point this out?
everything is of the mind.. mental or spiritual..
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
greatgenius: lol that was funny but lets get serious here..i will repeat you cannot experience that which you do not believe in or chosen aat some level.. for you to get slapped randomly you would have to believe at some level that you could get slapped at random.. for what reason should you evn think or believe that anyone can come up to you and start slapping you? well if you believe that can happen you will eventually get what you wish for..

It doesnt really work that way beyond the mental plane. Belief cease to function beyond certain realms, you dont have to believe in Gravity to fall down if you jump. Whether he believes it or not if I enter his psychic cycle, he will 'feel' some presence. He will feel there is a presence although he wont actually know whats up. But his TV can just go off and on, his window blinds might just shift, if he is sleeping, he might just have a dream that looks so real.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by wiegraf: 12:51am On Dec 31, 2012
greatgenius: lol that was funny but lets get serious here..i will repeat you cannot experience that which you do not believe in or chosen aat some level.. for you to get slapped randomly you would have to believe at some level that you could get slapped at random.. for what reason should you evn think or believe that anyone can come up to you and start slapping you? well if you believe that can happen you will eventually get what you wish for..

This has nothing to do with anything. Someone objectively slaps you, you've been slapped. Nothing you do can change that fact.

greatgenius:
Everything you perceive is processed by your brain. But there are things that exist with or without your consciousness. Spirits are definitely not one of those, whatever spirits are. That is only in your brain.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 1:26am On Dec 31, 2012
Billyonaire: It doesnt really work that way beyond the mental plane. Belief cease to function beyond certain realms, you dont have to believe in Gravity to fall down if you jump. Whether he believes it or not if I enter his psychic cycle, he will 'feel' some presence. He will feel there is a presence although he wont actually know whats up. But his TV can just go off and on, his window blinds might just shift, if he is sleeping, he might just have a dream that looks so real.
first of no one is going to slap anyone in the mental plane or celestrial and beyond..
2. i wasnt talking about planes of mental dimensions..i said everything is of the mind. mental/spiritual.. mental and spiritual is the same thing.. the spirit is mind, the mind is spirit.. in your haste to reply you ended up missing what i was really saying..

3 now on gravity are you saying that it cannot be defyied?.....in physcality you know and have accepted that anything that goes up must come down..it doesnt matter at what level you made that choice either subconcious or conscious..when you believe you have chosen. to choose is to believe..
gravity can and has been defyied... every dimension has it laws but laws and awareness of higher dimensions always overrides those of lower dimensions..." if you have but the faith of a custard seed you can move mountains"...

4.you cannot ever overide someones free will.. he would have to choose it....you can influence his choices so to speak but you can never override his freewill if he chooses not to believe...he will not feel anything if you enter his presence if it is not his choosing..
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 1:48am On Dec 31, 2012
wiegraf:

This has nothing to do with anything. Someone objectively slaps you, you've been slapped. Nothing you do can change that fact.
what has nothing to do with anything? btw what choices led to that slap..

Everything you perceive is processed by your brain. But there are things that exist with or without your consciousness. Spirits are definitely not one of those, whatever spirits are. That is only in your brain.
your spirit is the mind. mind and spirit are the same thing..
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by wiegraf: 2:01am On Dec 31, 2012
greatgenius: what has nothing to do with anything? btw what choices led to that slap..

Non, you just got slapped, accident
You're sleeping, someone pours a bucket of water on you
You're unaware you have asthma and have never hear of or come across it, you have an attack and start to choke

Totally unexpected experiences or
Experiencing things you've never heard of for the first time.

greatgenius: your spirit is the mind. mind and spirit are the same thing..

Your definition of mind equals spirit, ok. Then your spirit is simply in your brain then.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 31, 2012
greatgenius: first of no one is going to slap anyone in the mental plane or celestrial and beyond..
2. i wasnt talking about planes of mental dimensions..i said everything is of the mind. mental/spiritual.. mental and spiritual is the same thing.. the spirit is mind, the mind is spirit.. in your haste to reply you ended up missing what i was really saying..

3 now on gravity are you saying that it cannot be defyied?.....in physcality you know and have accepted that anything that goes up must come down..it doesnt matter at what level you made that choice either subconcious or conscious..when you believe you have chosen. to choose is to believe..
gravity can and has been defyied... every dimension has it laws but laws and awareness of higher dimensions always overrides those of lower dimensions..." if you have but the faith of a custard seed you can move mountains"...

4.you cannot ever overide someones free will.. he would have to choose it....you can influence his choices so to speak but you can never override his freewill if he chooses not to believe...he will not feel anything if you enter his presence if it is not his choosing..
You are wrong about mental and spiritual being the same thing. So every other thing you write about this is 100% false, wrong, factless and mere common sense.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 3:04am On Dec 31, 2012
lol when they get sting and have nothing to say, resort to calling what they dont know or understand as 100% false..
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 3:34am On Dec 31, 2012
wiegraf:

Non, you just got slapped, accident
You're sleeping, someone pours a bucket of water on you
You're unaware you have asthma and have never hear of or come across it, you have an attack and start to choke

Totally unexpected experiences or
Experiencing things you've never heard of for the first time.
there is no-thing as accidents.. everything is as a result of choice..btw asthma is jsut a name given to a particular disease. being aware of its name or not is irrelevant. diseases are caused as a result of stress, wrong thinking, wrong beliefs, fear etc.. disease that manifests in the outer, physical body has arisen from within the conscious or subconscious mind.they originate from within They are the effects of your thoughts and feelings... you attract what you vibrate towards...there are no accidents in the universe..

Your definition of mind equals spirit, ok. Then your spirit is simply in your brain then.
your mind or spirit is simply not only in your brain but also in every other cell of your body..now as far as mind and spiritt being the same thing most people are or get confused because they are trapped by partial viewpoints about what the mind is... everything is mind/spirit
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by mazaje(m): 7:05am On Dec 31, 2012
And they have succeeded in ruining the thread with meaningless talks about mysticism. . . .This thread was opened SPECIFICALLY for anony. . .What the hell is all these brouhaha all about?. . .

1 Like

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 31, 2012
mazaje: And they have succeeded in ruining thread with meaningless talks about mysticism. . . .This thread was opened SPECIFICALLY for anony. . .What the hell is all these brouhaha all about?. . .

For a second there i could not figure out where your response to my earlier post to you went.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 31, 2012
Logicboy03: Why are we even talking about thoughts? This is Anony's plan to divert the question.

The fact is simple. Souls do not exist. Our consciousness depends on the brain. Dead brain, no consciousness.

A good question for soul believers is; Where is the soul of a person in a brain dead coma?

this is quite odd. Your brain stem controls the involuntary activities that ensure life (heart beat, lung function etc) so once you're brain dead you are essentially dead. You are only being kept alive mechanically... It is quite possible to keep the heart and lungs functioning using external devices when the individual is for all intents and purposes dead.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 31, 2012
mazaje: And they have succeeded in ruining thread with meaningless talks about mysticism. . . .This thread was opened SPECIFICALLY for anony. . .What the hell is all these brouhaha all about?. . .
truly ruined! I hope you and anony will still continue nevertheless. I wish there is a handle on nairaland whereby one would choose who to contribute while others watch. It would have reduce this derailing. Smh!
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 31, 2012
mazaje:

Sure, they are not the soul determinants of thought and reasoning. . .What am saying is that all our thoughts and reasoning are as a result of chemical reactions in our brains. . .Different neurotransmitters make us feel differently, hence the difference in thought patterns. . .The diet and nutritional state can also have a profound effect on the brain's chemistry. . .As you know what we eat (and how well it is digested and absorbed) can have a significant effect upon our brain chemistry. What we eat for dinner can influence our sleeping, our dreaming, and how we feel upon waking. The bottom line is our thoughts are chemical very complex activities that take place in our brains. . .

the above in highlights doesnt really make much sense. If neural circuits are not the sole determinants of thoughts and reasoning then how can ALL our thoughts and reasoning be a result of neural circuits? that is circular argument if i ever say one.
Its like saying sunlight is not the sole determinant of photosynthesis but ALL photosynthesis is as a result of sunlight.

What you are arguing above is what i agreed with... neurotransmitters do modulate mood but they do not formulate thought and reasoning. Animals possess the exact same neurotransmitters as man, does a goat possess the same thought pattern of a human?

Diet and nutritional state? what has that to do with anything? Is the child with kwashiokor any less able to formulate thought processes like a well-fed child?

You seem to me to have a poor grasp of your own argument.

I asked a simple question - can you create a thought by injecting a neurotransmitter to the brain of a mouse?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 31, 2012
If i might recall, anony was okay with mazaje's stance that the thought is non-physical...hope they continue from there.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 31, 2012
hisblud: If i might recall, anony was okay with mazaje's stance that the thought is non-physical...hope they continue from there.

I may be naive here but does that mean mazaje's point is that thought is a spiritual concept?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Honors Wife, Says She Hasn't Stressed Him In 32 Years / Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist / Oladurotimi Saw Angels Wheeling Onaolapo Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.