Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? (16951 Views)

Psquare Replies About Girls Touching Their Ball In Canada Concert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 24, 2012
are hot babes in miniskirts and the club scene all there is to life?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:29pm On Dec 24, 2012
I tire o. All videos now talk about girls, I wan love, I get money & partying. The girls go wear revealing cloths like bikinis & bra etc. No more decency in Nigeria music videos.

15 Likes

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Meegadough: 10:30pm On Dec 24, 2012
They give people what they want.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 24, 2012
all I'm saying is that these people are keeping sex on people's minds 24/7

13 Likes

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by larrymoore(m): 10:53pm On Dec 24, 2012
That is Advertising strategy using sex appeal.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by tobechi20(m): 11:04pm On Dec 24, 2012
Sign of end time

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Lovetinz(m): 11:36pm On Dec 24, 2012
The result of illiterates concentating on one genre of music.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by GoodBoi1(m): 12:11am On Dec 25, 2012
Sex, women, booze and money
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 25, 2012
Lovetinz: The result of illiterates concentating on one genre of music.
sad stuff
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by rash47(m): 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2012
I don't think its only our country, but everywhere most especially third world nations even the arab's as monolithic as they are opening up little by little .Methinks its just the hollywood concept the best idelogy the u.s could sell outside its military/industrial complex.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by braine(m): 1:49am On Dec 28, 2012
Its becoming very boring and monotonous. We need more jobs.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Nobody: 1:50am On Dec 28, 2012
very good question and precisely why i don't watch music videos
much any more. it's something that has become popular since 1999.

if you watch videos from the mid to early 90s (esp. rap/r&b videos)
you'll see they actually focused on depicting the story the artist told in the song.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Sarky(m): 1:52am On Dec 28, 2012
Try being a musician n if u try avoiding hot gals n partyn stuffs..... Na u n ur family go buy ur CD finish.

LOL

11 Likes

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by mutiply: 1:53am On Dec 28, 2012
As at the time of post,have been watching music videos, all of them must put scenes of azonto dance in it, shocking and embarrassing.what happened to creativity?
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Nobody: 1:55am On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Mojibola(m): 1:56am On Dec 28, 2012
its simple....its what people want to see...funny thn iz dt..an average artist will come and say he started singing in d choir in church blablabla...its a pity God iz not man...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by seedord247(m): 2:01am On Dec 28, 2012
Sarky: Try being a musician n if u try avoiding hot gals n partyn stuffs..... Na u n ur family go buy ur CD finish.

LOL

Hahaha..... grin
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by huninaija(f): 2:03am On Dec 28, 2012
Lack of originality and creativity in the music industry, and naija musicians copy cat syndrome, if america does it then it must be right...

even if you see an american music video with a video vixen dancing on her back whilst unclad, trust naija artists to copy and even over do it self...

We should learn to be original...
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Truckpusher(m): 2:10am On Dec 28, 2012
You people shouldn't get angry at them for promoting sex after all it's a national sports all over the world....as I'm writing this lots of people are doing it right now all over the globe , so what's the big deal....WE ALL LOVE IT AND WHOEVER THAT DOESN'T LOVE IT SHOULD COMMENT AGAINST ME BUT REMEMBER GOD IS WATCHING YOU ON 5D grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by sheff(m): 2:12am On Dec 28, 2012
Because life is all about girls and partying with alcohol and drugs
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by WebsiteDesigner: 2:13am On Dec 28, 2012
It's appalling indeed. Creativity has been sacrificed on d altar of 'sex' marketing.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by claremont(m): 2:14am On Dec 28, 2012
Sex sells.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by ecode1(m): 2:19am On Dec 28, 2012
Thank God someone brought up this topic. D tin don tire mi sef. I've stopped watching such video especially when the song doesn't make sense @ all. E.g D prince > chop Banana. What da hell is that all abt?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by marianazme(f): 2:24am On Dec 28, 2012
Me sef, I dnt watch music vids animore cuz I already know wot Im goin 2 see n hear. Everything na d same thing, 'she carry front, she carry back', 'i got moni, I wanna spend it'. And their videos, gosh! Almost-naked girls, alcohol and weed. I guess its wot sells these days. I cant watch any of Tiwa Savage's performances cuz Im scared she might not be wearin anythin

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by dokunbam(m): 2:26am On Dec 28, 2012
Thats part of marketing strategies
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by cr8v(f): 2:26am On Dec 28, 2012
That's the Nigerian copycatting of the US gangster culture. A lifestyle that has further dehumanized the citizens of the States. We used to have non-Gospel reggae artists that used music to correct societal ills way back in the days of Ras Kimono, the matadors etc. Now I wonder if we even have a censors board. Everything is now promoting sex and loose living and no one is saying anything.

I fear what the next generation will be if they take this obsession with sex a step higher. from the it may generate to giving homosexuality an official recognition like the US madness labelled civilization.

Well I agree with the person that attributed it to the End Time when the Bible says that
"Men shall be lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God" the worst is those who are supposed to be coming from the church. I am not in the school of those who insist you must sing Gospel but I believe that your secular music videos and lyrics should not promote the same vulgar b00ty swinging, b00st joggling immoral indecency of the world.

If you think ut won't sale then ask Asa, she doesn't feature all those immoral frivolities yet she has gained global recognition. All u need is to spice it with some creativity.

20 Likes

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by marianazme(f): 2:26am On Dec 28, 2012
e.code:
Thank God someone brought up this topic. D tin don tire mi sef. I've stopped watching such video especially when the song doesn't make sense @ all. E.g D prince > chop Banana. What da hell is that all abt?
exactly. D moment I saw d vid n those girls shakin their a.s.ses, I couldnt take it anymore. They put more effort in the videos n girls than their lyrics.
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by geekinthelead: 2:36am On Dec 28, 2012
marianazme: Me sef, I dnt watch music vids animore cuz I already know wot Im goin 2 see n hear. Everything na d same thing, 'she carry front, she carry back', 'i got moni, I wanna spend it'. And their videos, gosh! Almost-naked girls, alcohol and weed. I guess its wot sells these days. I cant watch any of Tiwa Savage's performances cuz Im scared she might not be wearin anythin

but me ah like those party girls nah? abeg gi me the abuna and chop my money dey go jor... wetin; i dey crase? grin
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by timisnup(m): 2:38am On Dec 28, 2012
Sarky: Try being a musician n if u try avoiding hot gals n partyn stuffs..... Na u n ur family go buy ur CD finish.

LOL
You are wrong here my fwend.
You can make it in the music industry without dis 2 tinz..... And i wil give you good examples of pple that rock the industry without hot girls and partyn stuffs. Examples: lagbaja, Asha, beautiful Nubia.....etc

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WTF? See Photos From A Supposed Nollywood Movie : UNCLAD?? / VIDEO TUTURIAL - Download And Learn TWERK Dance / There Is A New Trend Amongst Gay Men . . . Getting 'EXTREME' Booty Implants(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.