Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

How Old Was Mary When She Gave Birth To Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Old Was Mary When She Gave Birth To Jesus? (3775 Views)

How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? / Who Was Mary Magdalene & What Is The Mystery In "the Last Supper" By Da Vinci? / Was Mary,mother Of Jesus Crucified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Old Was Mary When She Gave Birth To Jesus? by tobechi20(m): 10:35pm On Dec 24, 2012
Just curious...does any one know?
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Gave Birth To Jesus? by lokopet: 11:00pm On Dec 24, 2012
Mary was between 10 and 12 years old from Jewish traditions
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Gave Birth To Jesus? by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 25, 2012
she was nine, my spirit told me.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Gave Birth To Jesus? by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 25, 2012
Jewish tradition is very similar to the Arab's and hence Islam! Marrying underage is practised in the Bible as well as polygamy! Joseph the carpenter was a polygamist and he married an under aged Mary, the mother of Jesus. That was the conclusion of a program on ViasatHistory yesterday!
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Gave Birth To Jesus? by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 25, 2012
tobechi20: Just curious...does any one know?
OLD ENOUGH shocked grin
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Gave Birth To Jesus? by tobechi20(m): 6:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
U are derailin d thread young man
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Gave Birth To Jesus? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:55pm On Dec 25, 2012
JAkpayen:
I'll answer with a question: "How do you think demons give desperate and barren woman who consult native doctor child/children?"

then that makes the demon a good demon. and a good demon is not a demon at all. It is a good spirit.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Gave Birth To Jesus? by deebrain(m): 6:58am On Dec 26, 2012
Mary was still a teen when she had Jesus...i dont know d exact age but it should be between 14-22...or there about..
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Gave Birth To Jesus? by seyibrown(f): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
The account of her conversation with the angel who brought the news to her is a pointer to her age and maturity. If she were pre-pubescent she would have said something along the lines of 'but I have not started men/strua/ing yet'. It is unlikely that a nine year old would have conversed in the manner with which she did with the angel. Some months into the pregnancy, Mary even goes to visit Elizabeth who is 'very old'. What's a pregnant 9 year old doing with a 'very old' pregnant woman? What manner of conversation would they be holding?

I would say she Mary was at least 15.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Gave Birth To Jesus? by jcross19: 9:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
cogitoErgo: Jewish tradition is very similar to the Arab's and hence Islam! Marrying underage is practised in the Bible as well as polygamy! Joseph the carpenter was a polygamist and he married an under aged Mary, the mother of Jesus. That was the conclusion of a program on ViasatHistory yesterday!
the truth is that marry was helping joseph to take care of the baby because he was a widower, in order to keep mary alive someone need to show as responsible for the pregnancy or stone to death.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Gave Birth To Jesus? by 2good(m): 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
seyibrown: The account of her conversation with the angel who brought the news to her is a pointer to her age and maturity. If she were pre-pubescent she would have said something along the lines of 'but I have not started men/strua/ing yet'. It is unlikely that a nine year old would have conversed in the manner with which she did with the angel. Some months into the pregnancy, Mary even goes to visit Elizabeth who is 'very old'. What's a pregnant 9 year old doing with a 'very old' pregnant woman? What manner of conversation would they be holding?

I would say she Mary was at least 15.

Why assume when you're not sure of something?

(1) (Reply)

Three Critical Truths About Seed Sowing / A Tribute To Rev. John Mark Ikpiki / Happy Birthday Blessed Virgin Mother Mary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.