Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Let Us Worship The SUN - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let Us Worship The SUN (2839 Views)

Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? / Beware Of White Garment Churches..the Worship The Marine Spirits! / How To Worship The Nigerian God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by ihedioramma: 5:25am On Dec 28, 2012
MAY GOD HAVE MARCY ON YOU AND CHANGE UR LIFE .
Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by Yewe2011(m): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
The sun was/is considered analogous to "God"
Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by Yewe2011(m): 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
all the ancient cultures had Sun Gods because before our modern era (before electricity and the invention of the light bulb) the sun was the source of light
Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by Yewe2011(m): 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2012
for you Christians, Muslims and Jews who need something to be mentioned in your holy book before accepting it as true.

DEUTERONOMY 4:24 (KJV)

"For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire....."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Sun?s=t

sun
[suhn] Show IPA noun, verb, sunned, sun·ning.
noun

( often initial capital letter ) the star that is the central body of the solar system, around which the planets revolve and from which they receive light and heat: its mean distance from the earth is about 93 million miles (150 million km), its diameter about 864,000 miles (1.4 million km), and its mass about 330,000 times that of the earth; its period of surface rotation is about 26 days at its equator but longer at higher latitudes.

the sun considered with reference to its position in the sky, its visibility, the season of the year, the time at which or the place where it is seen, etc.

a self-luminous heavenly body; star.

sunshine; the heat and light from the sun: to be exposed to the sun.

a figure or representation of the sun, as a heraldic bearing usually surrounded with rays and marked with the features of a human face.
Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by MostHigh: 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2013
pure luciferian worship Lucifer means morning star, brightness.

The sun is the morning star is it not?

The first day of the week was set aside as a holy day to the sun. The god of the sun was called Baal or Lord. Today it is still known as Sun-day, the day of the sun (god)
Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by MostHigh: 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
Thats why u r a pagan now it makes sense

I was wondering why someone would use pagan as a screen name

Are all pagans as insulting as u or is it just your makeup?

ehen b4 i forget what do u pagans beleive in wink
Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by greatgenius: 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
well the sun is "more powerful" than YHWH and yet people worship YHWH so why not the sun...non of them should be or needs your worship though

1 Like

Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by seekingtruth(m): 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
turnstoner:

As far as I know the sun never asked anybody to worship it. Worshipping it is an exercise in futility. Wake up!
Has God ever told you to worship him?
Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by MostHigh: 6:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
greatgenius

Dont be ignorant the most high made the sun

When the sun implodes into a wormhole which star will you now worship

think about it critically.
Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by greatgenius: 8:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
MostHigh: greatgenius

lol and what about the most low? what did he make.. and who is this most high you talk of.
Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by Rossikk(m): 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
Christianity IS sun worship. Just like earlier popular religions. The TOP CLERGY KNOW THIS. It is the footsoldiers and the masses - like the follow follow clueless crowd in Nigeria and such places, who actually think they're worshipping some person named ''Jesus'', who never existed of course.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by turnstoner(m): 10:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
seeking@truth:
Has God ever told you to worship him?

Of course not!

Did i give you that impression?
Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:41am On Jan 15, 2013
MostHigh: greatgenius

When the SUn implodes, do you think that we humans will exist (forget praying to it)

Therefore in the human realm / the human cosmos, the Sun plays a vital role, that of a LifeGIver, and so the Sun represent the SPiritual Force of Life, so it is worthy of being worshipped.
Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by MostHigh: 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2013
So you agree with me that the sun will implode.

How do you worship an entity that has a definite lifespan?
Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by JeSoul(f): 8:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
If you guys cannot communicate using non-abusive language I will lock this thread. First and only warning.
Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by TerryCarr(m): 1:50am On Jan 16, 2013
Amaterasu
Amaterasu (天照?), Amaterasu-ōmikami (天照大神/天照大御神?) or Ōhirume-no-muchi-no-kami (大日孁貴神?) is a part of the Japanese myth cycle and also a major deity of the Shinto religion. She is the goddess of the sun, but also of the universe. The name Amaterasu derived from Amateru meaning "shining in heaven." The meaning of her whole name, Amaterasu-ōmikami, is "the great august kami (Gama or God) who shines in the heaven". The Emperor of Japan is said to be a direct descendant of Amaterasu.

anime style grin

1 Like

Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
JeSoul: If you guys cannot communicate using non-abusive language I will lock this thread. First and only warning.
Dear Moderator, I don't understand what is mean't by Nairaland PM.... The message is displaying to me.
Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
MostHigh: So you agree with me that the sun will implode.

How do you worship an entity that has a definite lifespan?

why not?

you see this is the problem with you fellows! look at the Sun and what it stands for and represents in a Spiritual perspective! the death of the Sun hardly matters. does life, warmth, etc. .have a definite lifespan?

added to that the Sun is a Star after all. what does it matter if 1 Sun implodes. there will be a gazillion more Suns in the Universe and who knows, they maybe sustaining lifeforms as well!

also we probably wont even be alive when the Sun becomes extinct.
Re: Let Us Worship The SUN by JeSoul(f): 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2013
agi-tuedor:

Dear Moderator, I don't understand what is mean't by Nairaland PM.... The message is displaying to me.
Hi agi-tuedor, pls meet me here on the mod question/comment thread https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/58#13880308

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Joshua Iginla’s SHOCKING 2015 Predictions / If Evolution Was True Then It Should Be Able To Regrow Lost Limbs In Humans / Satan Called A Worldwide Convention Of Demons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.