Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" (1330 Views)

One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim / Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X / Christians Worship Zeus As Their Christ With All Their Heart, Soul And Strength (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" by boxerss: 2:00am On Dec 25, 2012
Have you ever wondered of who or group of persons/entities that sat down to strategically replaced the word CHRIST with X in every line it appears. Now the question is, why would anyone try to overwrite CHRIST with an X which generally and basically means "CANCEL" and not with any other alphabet? Believe it or not, it simply implies that someone/group of people somewhere are working round the clock to force this culture in you without your knowing. e.g. CHRISTMAS = XMAS
CHRISTIAN = XIAN etc
please my people we are ALL highly learned, what is the mathematical/scientific or grammatical relationship between CHRIST and X?

please share your thoughts and refuse to be deceived!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" by youngice(m): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2013
My dear i couldnt agree with u more,and d strangest thing is that nobody really notices
Re: Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 05, 2013
Malcom X cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:20am On Sep 05, 2013
X in greek mean chi. And chi back then was used to represent Christ. My thought
Re: Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" by Kx: 10:24am On Sep 05, 2013
Wait for Obadiah777 and Frosbel's answers.

Those guys will not only give you the well researched meanings, the catholic angle- if any- will not be left out as well.
Re: Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:08am On Sep 05, 2013
FOLYKAZE: X in greek mean chi. And chi back then was used to represent Christ. My thought

In Igbo, chi means personal god.

1 Like

Re: Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

smiley
Re: Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" by mcfynest(m): 1:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
FOLYKAZE: X in greek mean chi. And chi back then was used to represent Christ. My thought

couldnt agree more
Re: Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

And what does christ mean? Maybe Igbo are indeed the lost jew...lol
Re: Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
@OP.. do you really think Christmas is a Christian Event grin grin do some research in your beliefs, Christ ain't related to Christmas

1 Like

Re: Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" by drberry(m): 2:55am On Dec 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
X in greek mean chi. And chi back then was used to represent Christ. My thought
Hmm.. quite enlightening.
Cc: Crazyman you should see this in reference to the thread you put up about the subject matter.
Re: Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" by CrazyMan(m): 7:27am On Dec 14, 2015
drberry:

Hmm.. quite enlightening.
Cc: Crazyman you should see this in reference to the thread you put up about the subject matter.
Lol its almost the same issue I raised on my thread...we christians should start showing our lord Jesus Christ some respect.

Acts 11:26  And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Christians were first called that name in Antioch cos they exhibited the qualities and characteristics of Christ. People saw Christ in them and decided to name them after their master.

Now removing Christ and replacing it with X shows we (Christians) have very little reference for Christ. It shows that Christ isn't in us, cos if he is, and we have reference for him, we wouldn't nickname him X.

1 Like

Re: Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" by drberry(m): 5:26pm On Dec 14, 2015
CrazyMan:

Lol its almost the same issue I raised on my thread...we christians should start showing our lord Jesus Christ some respect.

Acts 11:26  And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Christians were first called that name in Antioch cos they exhibited the qualities and characteristics of Christ. People saw Christ in them and decided to name them after their master.

Now removing Christ and replacing it with X shows we (Christians) have very little reference for Christ. It shows that Christ isn't in us, cos if he is, and we have reference for him, we wouldn't nickname him X.

Yeah I understand.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lucifer - Satan: Is He An Enemy ? / Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine / What you dont know about satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.