Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,549 members, 7,801,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Advice Between A Used Corrolla Or Brand New Skoda Fabia / Kia Rio - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Advice Between A Used Corrolla Or Brand New Skoda Fabia / Kia Rio (3256 Views)

Clean 2004 Reg Skoda Fabia With Just 79k Miles For just 320k.cal 08038940607 / ~~:::: X-TRA CLEAN SKODA FABIA (2008 MODEL) FOR 820K::::~~ / Registered 2000 Skoda Fabia For Sale 320k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Between A Used Corrolla Or Brand New Skoda Fabia / Kia Rio by skosko02: 8:38am On Feb 20, 2008
Hi all,

I am kind of stuck in making a decision and I urgently need your advice.

Should I buy a used 2005 Toyota Corrolla with a mileage of about 14,000km or a brand new kia rio or skoda fabia.

The toyota is going for the same price as the brand new kia rio and skoda fabia. The toyota was used by an office and is well maintained.

Please advice.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Advice Between A Used Corrolla Or Brand New Skoda Fabia / Kia Rio by spicy007(f): 9:24am On Feb 20, 2008
kai chineke, my pellow nairalander, are u still thinking?
thee's nothing to thinka bout ooo
the toyota corolla beats kia anytime T and any period P ooo.
look at it this way, why would a brand new car be the same price with a fairyly used car
- quality, thats it.
abeg, dont let this opportunity pass u by, moreover, since it was bought brand new by the company.
thats my 5 cent advice
Re: Advice Between A Used Corrolla Or Brand New Skoda Fabia / Kia Rio by obua: 10:08am On Feb 20, 2008
It the Corolla were a fresh tokunbo, I will have said go on and buy the Corolla.
A Nigerian used ,well maintained car will most probably be used on bad and traffic prone roads.
Those are 2 killers for cars in Nigeria.
Take the car to a garage and look at the underbody, borrow for some hrs/days and test it.
Finally try to beat down the price,as much as possible. You did not mention the price
Re: Advice Between A Used Corrolla Or Brand New Skoda Fabia / Kia Rio by skosko02: 11:14am On Feb 20, 2008
The corrolla is going for N1.8 and is about the same price range as both the Kia and the fabia.
Re: Advice Between A Used Corrolla Or Brand New Skoda Fabia / Kia Rio by adechuks(m): 11:27am On Feb 20, 2008
Spicy007 has said it all,
For me, this is a no-brainer.
You will likely discover that the Toyota is still under warranty.
14000km is a sign that the car was not over-stretched.
You will enjoy the toyota for much longer,
Re: Advice Between A Used Corrolla Or Brand New Skoda Fabia / Kia Rio by skosko02: 12:00pm On Feb 20, 2008
Thanks all!
Re: Advice Between A Used Corrolla Or Brand New Skoda Fabia / Kia Rio by Frando29(m): 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2008
Bobs, My candid advise for you is to grab the toyota corrolla and run!!! Come to think of it, skoda or kia connot be compared with toyota corrola anytime , anyday, anyplace. Besides this corolla is company used. Means it was well maintained plus the mileage is not bad at all. Go for the toyota corolla bros.
Re: Advice Between A Used Corrolla Or Brand New Skoda Fabia / Kia Rio by brauneyes: 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2008
Although the Corolla might be a durable car, but a Skoda has a VW engine. I would go for the corolla after checking the VIN to make sure it was not involved in an accident or Odometer fraud.
Re: Advice Between A Used Corrolla Or Brand New Skoda Fabia / Kia Rio by adechuks(m): 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2008
brauneyes,
You are right. The skoda is also good, but not great.
About VIN, this vehicle was reportedly bought brand new (and used since purchase) in naija, so vin no go help
Re: Advice Between A Used Corrolla Or Brand New Skoda Fabia / Kia Rio by abbyode(m): 3:55pm On Feb 21, 2008
As far as I am concerned, there is no basis for the comparison. For God's sake, how can u compare a brand-new car with a fairly-used, esp Naija used?
Come on guys ! You have to be explicit in your comparison by definining your baselines.
You guys cant just be killing "KIA" just because they havent made name like Toyota or Honda.
As a matter of fact, why cant u go for a brand-new corolla if you really want your comparison to be objective?
You should compare a brand-new corolla with a brand new Kia, then you'll have a case.(of which corolla will be a better option).
A brand new car is a brand new car, shikena !!!
Re: Advice Between A Used Corrolla Or Brand New Skoda Fabia / Kia Rio by cybersleek(m): 5:30pm On Feb 21, 2008
To be quite candid with you, i would advise you to go for the skoda or kia. Why? i can hear you ask? because a naija use corrolla is in no way comparable to a chassis kia or skoda. We are talking about 14,000 km difference here! and my bet is being a company car, it has been driven hard. Take my advice bobo, nothing like a virgin ride, especially in naija.

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Pathfinder 2005 / Extremely Neat Toyota Highlander XLE AWD 2014 @ 12M (08096577304) / Honda Pilot 03/05 Leather(DVD) Clean Toks...1.45m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.