Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment (16694 Views)

FG Cancels NIMASA University Project, Seeks Payment Refund / FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by bizgynbala(m): 6:19am On Dec 25, 2012
Written by Abdulkadir Badsha Mukhtar  

Tuesday, 25 December 2012 05:00

The Federal Government yesterday cancelled the controversial recruitment being done by the Nigerian Immigration Service following reports of slanted distribution of job slots as well as failure to advertise the vacancies.

Daily Trust reported in its edition of yesterday that the Immigration service has been conducting a secret recruitment exercise that allegedly favoured the Southeast, just three months to the exit of Controller General Mrs. Rose Chinyere Uzoma.

In a statement in Abuja yesterday, the Interior Ministry ordered that the exercise be canceled “until a more transparent, acceptable” procedure is adopted.

“Minister of Interior Comrade Abba Moro has directed the cancellation of the ongoing recruitment exercise in the Nigeria Immigration Service,” a statement by the minister’s spokesman Ubong George Udoh said.

“(The) Minister stated that following apparent controversy trailing the ongoing recruitment exercise in Nigeria Immigration Service, the responsible thing to do is to cancel the exercise until a more transparent, acceptable and effaceable platform is established to enlist qualified Nigerians into the service.

“Comrade Moro directed further that all appointment letters issued and documentations carried out stand cancelled, until the Civil Defence, Immigration and Prisons Service Board, meet to consider the waivers granted Nigeria Immigration service to recruit men and women into the service.

“Finally the Honorable Minister has also directed that forthwith all recruitment into the services of the Federal Fire Service, Nigerian Prisons Service, Nigeria Immigration Service and Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps are suspended until a more transparent exercise based on already established guidelines before such requirements will be conducted.”

Yesterday’s cancellation of the recruitment came on the heels of a probe opened by the House of Representatives Committee on Federal Character which had also asked the Immigration service to suspend the exercise.

Daily Trust reported yesterday that Uzoma appeared before the House committee last week to defend accusations of failure to publicly advertise vacancies and giving undue favouritism to the Southeast.

She told the lawmakers that the service did not advertise the jobs so as not to unknowingly employ terrorists, but the lawmakers reminded her that even the Military and Police are advertising their vacancies in spite of the prevailing insurgency.

She also said she had already obtained approval from the Head of Service of the Federation to employ 4,560 people.

The House committee found out that out of the over 25,000 existing Immigration staff, Uzoma’s husband’s state of origin Imo has the highest number with 1,190; Kano has 350; Lagos has 400; while Sokoto has the least with 200.

In the now cancelled recruitment exercise, Uzoma had offered hundreds of job slots to top government functionaries, including the Presidency which is offered 250 slots, Jonathan’s mother 40 slots, First Lady 100 slots, Interior Minister Abba Moro 100 slots, two commissioners of the Immigration board 30 slots each, and the Federal Character Commission 250 slots.

A source said the Federal Character Commission was given those job slots for giving the Immigration service waiver on the advertisement of the vacancies, but the commission’s spokesman Usman Jimada denied any wrongdoing.

Spokesman for the Immigration service Mr. Olumbar Joachim said on Sunday he was not aware of the Presidency getting offers to fill certain vacancies but added that there was nothing wrong with the Presidency or other officials making recommendations to the service.

3 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by braine(m): 6:31am On Dec 25, 2012
Canceling the recruitment won't deter them from sharing slots like their fathers alone own Nigeria. Bloody sluts*.

2 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by twaintoy(f): 9:55am On Dec 25, 2012
Nigeria with this job palava, paying to get employed is now the order of d day. What a country!!!!!
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by 80million1: 9:59am On Dec 25, 2012
*speechless*

Let's ask OKIJA JUJU why?
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 25, 2012
Imagine the level of corruption this damned country has attained. God would judge them. Naija... I weep for thee!
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 25, 2012
We need a revolution!

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 25, 2012
I hope this serve as a precedent for all and a lesson too...
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by dridowu: 10:12am On Dec 25, 2012
Good, but let hope transparency will follow d next recruitment
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by gurujoe(m): 10:19am On Dec 25, 2012
where ar federal character in NNPC, PHCN, NIGERIA ARMY, CBN, CUSTOM ET AL? Til federal character cut across all governmental organization.I wil say notin over this immigration issue

9 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by ifeegee(f): 10:25am On Dec 25, 2012
Imagine the lame excuse "unknowingly enploying terrorist" as if the slots & those she is secretly enploying are members of her household whose security details she has personaly profiled.

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by Mavor: 10:30am On Dec 25, 2012
Until we start killing people for corruption in this country like Ghana's Jerry Rawlings did back in the day, nobody in 9ja will give a damn. cry
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by Osgilliat(m): 10:30am On Dec 25, 2012
The most painful part is that I can't do anything to these sluts.I wish I could become a terrorist that will bring these sluts to their respectful grave.hmm corrupt politician terrorist.
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by jamesrichard(m): 10:34am On Dec 25, 2012
if you close ur right eyes,wit d left eyes opened..u wuld say ''yes'' its okay,cos d cheif priority here in 9ja is insecurity,dis guyz wuld keep our borders tight shut from islamist/jihadist from neighboring countries,while we are trying to keep d ones dat hv infiltrated GEJ admistration cool n filtered out,further more,dis igbo guyz are wise in doing their job anywhere anytime!
now,close your left eyez wit d right eyes opened...u wuld see how dis ''big peopls'' tinks 9ja is their father's own and takes us as fools,dey share it amongst dem selves jst dsame way 4 ganger men wuld have 1 rap of mari-j shared.

whereas me n you dey here dey contribute our little quarter on nairaland,which makes little,negligible or no effect on the outside world...thus making money for dis site owner in d process of speaking ur mind here...infact lets start here sef..site owner give us ur staffs and d their state...u wuld see its borda! borda! as yoruba dey call am..padi padi everywhere!!!! [color=#990000][/color]

7 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by IYANGBALI: 10:52am On Dec 25, 2012
braine: Canceling the recruitment won't deter them from sharing slots like their fathers alone own Nigeria. Bloody sluts*.
you have said it all,the whole cancellation na film trick
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by kiyosaki1(m): 11:18am On Dec 25, 2012
A guy in my area join efcc recently after paying his way through
twaintoy: Nigeria with this job palava, paying to get employed is now the order of d day. What a country!!!!!
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by Fadenitan(m): 11:20am On Dec 25, 2012
Employment into federal gov‘t job is for highest bidders and the most connected young men and women in our society.The immigration job goes for 250,000 & 300,000 depends on what connection you are using,this is not funny,hw do you want a jobless person to get that kind of money from,it is pity this corruption on highest level and this is coming from ordinary Nigeria like you and me.We ordinary people needs to make up our mind to do it right whenever we have opportunity in d corridor of power and in position of authority.It shall be well with you and your generation to come.

2 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by twaintoy(f): 11:47am On Dec 25, 2012
kiyosaki1: A guy in my area join efcc recently after paying his way through
A friend of mine was asked to pay 150k to get a federal govt job, d guy lost it cuz he got no money to pay.
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 25, 2012
My God, what is this country turning into.

God, please stop this madness before it becomes a tradition.
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
all this na wash like a singer once said....the nigerian communication satellite limited (nigcomsat) is referred to as igbirra(a tribe on kogi)SAT (satellite) and am sure your guess is as good as mine,same with the National space agency.......federal xter in Nigeria...tell that to the marines
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by Everfrank(m): 12:55pm On Dec 25, 2012
Can U imagine. A friend of mine has paid 200,000.00 for a yet to come slot for his brother. I pray he get a refund.
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by 1forall: 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2012
Naija oh my!
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by heywhytech1(m): 1:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
This is a very good response from the Minister,! Happy to hear this
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 25, 2012
Haha desperate Mallams seeking FG jobs cos they know they are damn lazy to earn a living from private employers. SW & North are typical scroungers.
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by Justbright(m): 1:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
It is over 4 nigeria
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by Justbright(m): 2:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
Its not new to me!...cos as far as a concerened,its over 4 nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by ossaisly(m): 2:18pm On Dec 25, 2012
god will purnish all these devilish people.
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by mkoabiola: 2:32pm On Dec 25, 2012
Na today?
My slot de intact.
All na political stunt.
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by honestivo(m): 2:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
God na u get slot o na ur dey oo
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by honestivo(m): 2:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
God na u get my slot o na ur dey oo
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by honestivo(m): 2:50pm On Dec 25, 2012
God na u get my slot o na ur hand i dey oo
Re: FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment by ismhab(m): 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
ifee-gee:
Imagine the lame excuse "unknowingly enploying terrorist" as if the slots & those she is secretly enploying are members of her household whose security details she has personaly profiled.
SHE DON'T WANT TO EMPLOY TERRORIST, BUT SHE IS EMPLOYING ARMED ROBBERS, KIDNAPPERS AND YAHOO-YAHOO.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Kinsman Takes Buhari To Court Over Certificate Issue / Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army / Buhari To EFCC: Return N10bn To NBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.