Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home (23992 Views)

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 27, 2012
TEA esq™:
Expected madonna to be the 1st on the list undecided
Yeah, Madonna should be on the list.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by ITbomb(m): 7:34am On Dec 27, 2012
Curious_city: In educating someone, freewill is a major component for a balance life.
Only in Nigeria!!
As an employer , I might feel reluctant in employing grads from these schools.
They may be honest n upright but they tend to live a programmed life especially those ones that were over serious and came out with first class.

1 Like

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Mospring(m): 7:35am On Dec 27, 2012
#80million:
*speechless*

MAULAG,
no be Unilag o!
i still maintain that EBSU! Ai.. is amongst the list! @least we are decent and well groomed!
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by SHOPPERS(m): 7:39am On Dec 27, 2012
OP must be joking if Unilorin is not on that list. In fact, all Universities in Kwara state must be on the list! I'm protesting for a rearrangement of that list!
1.Unilorin
2. Alhikma
3. Kwasu.
4. Federal Others.
5. Private Others.
6. Your own suggestions.
7. Your own University.

And finally- Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by ElCaballa(m): 7:41am On Dec 27, 2012
Please am new here.what does this "this post has been hidden" mean? I have been seeing it everywhere. Is it a code?
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by ehispapa(m): 7:53am On Dec 27, 2012
AB$I:
University of ilorin number 1 no doubt and distantly followed by other northern universities. For southern universities-government,private or missionary, they all lack morals
Those Alhajis have condemned those girls, by the way i schoolled in the core north, very immoral
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by oweniwe(m): 7:53am On Dec 27, 2012
opee1231: please where is Igbinedion University dt list is incomplete..pls redraft it..waiting cool
what? Are you kidding me? Igbinedion uni where you can co- habit wit ur girlfriend in the school hostel as long as u want, go out anyhow you like, don't attent lecture for one whole semester and still make 3.5 wen result are released . . ?
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by matrixme(m): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2012
Seriously, you have my pity if you attend a private university in today's Nigeria where you're expected to behave like a crocodile in the river of unemployment and limited opportunities. I think you've had a very important aspect of your emotional life sucked away. I attend a public university that has both boys and girls hostel separated by a fence and there has been no issue of a break-in through the school's 30 year history. We're at liberty to use phones and do every other things our colleagues do around the world. If the goal of education is freedom (teach a man to fish idea), then you're barely educating people by restricting them of certain privileges. My fear is for such graduates not to end up mostly as legislators in the nearest future, then we're so doomed as a nation. They will do great in the private sector of which they are groomed for anyway.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 27, 2012
Affiliated:

Madonna can NEVER be as bad as covenant university

As at when I was rusticated from Covenant University a few hundred people were also rusticated. Mine was for not taking my bible to an evening service
as part of the requirement for graduation? Bible, evening services, celebacy...
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Shaw007(m): 8:31am On Dec 27, 2012
Mister OP . . .u 4gOt 2 add Uniben and uniLag undecided
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by seuntola: 8:36am On Dec 27, 2012
Soskid: When we talk of morality in higher institutions, OAU should top that list.... A skul dat gives zero tolerance to cultism... U dare not play with scientific maximum shi shi which is d traditional punishment given to erring students

OAU for where Apart frm cultism.. Wetin we no fit do ehn.." “new buka is dere 4 yu 2 get high, motionground is dere 4 u 2...... cheesy ” abegi
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by goldiam(f): 8:37am On Dec 27, 2012
[quote
author=tosomaju]@op, is "private" synonymous to "moral"? If not for the
heading, i would have thought you are listing the names of the private
universities in Nigeria.[/quote]lols
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Sleek05(f): 8:43am On Dec 27, 2012
Lol @ d people comparing private unis 2 secular unis. Whichever way u choose 2 define morality, a private uni wil always rank higher than a secular uni, it doesn't necessarily mean better, it just means more morally sound because religion has been inculcated into their syllabus. May I also add dat madonna should be on d list. And I don't see d point of badmouthin private unis cuz u think ur uni is better, its different strokes for differnt folks, I attended a private uni and I'm better for it, it may not be so for sm1 else. I wrote unilag's masters entrance exam and topped d admission list while some other fed uni students were not even shortlisted so @ some point, its not really about what uni u attended but d stuff u as a person is made of. Keep screamin UI, Ife with nuthn 2 show 4it and wait 4 reality 2 slap u on d face!
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by fapcrook(m): 8:45am On Dec 27, 2012
I personally dont like those private univ as they are like advances secondary schools to me. My children are in govt Univ. And they are morally upright. Apart from paying from your'nose' a child is denied so many things. I also hate their admission process.Funaab, abeokuta does not take nonsense and u will love it. A friend's son got admitted into one after bn rejected from govt univ because d mother could pay his schl fees d day he was admitted. Funny isn't it
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 27, 2012
Pls people stop calling those schools universities. U all wanna mak me cry? Those skuls whr u ar nt allowed to function as a person, bt as a child? Pls, abeg...
If u banned the use f phones in lecture halls, gud idea. Bt disallowing an adult(suposedly) frm access to cell phones, very stupid proposition! Denying intimate relatnshp btwn men nd women... Dumb. I wan craze nw, make i stop, na d children wey dey let thr papa tell dem wetin to do i blame... Kids witout brains!
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by beylinko(m): 8:47am On Dec 27, 2012
Affiliated:

I didn't take my bible to an evening service. When bishop Oyedepo was preaching someone stood up and started walking out [Probably to use the toilet] He got angry and shouted on the person for a while. He then asked those who weren't with their bibles to come out. I came out. The case dragged on a bit with them making us do other activities. Eventually some people were rusticated and others were pardoned [probably first time offenders]. I was a first time offender but was given a one year suspension. I went for bible school [Wofbi] and appealed the rustication. I was called back after some months. I wasn't interested anymore. Any case after that would have been expulsion regardless of what year I was in. Are you happy now?
i see
Affiliated:

How to put it? I'm not a christian and I don't believe the bible to be the word of God. I think that about sums it up
U sound lyk a bitter person 2 me n u. Y did u go 2 convenant university in d 1 place?
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by ABsI1: 8:48am On Dec 27, 2012
ehispapa:
Those Alhajis have condemned those girls, by the way i schoolled in the core north, very immoral
hmmmm-thats y u are vile,vulgar,immoral&indiscipline
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by adezjamz(m): 8:50am On Dec 27, 2012
sτεξι οσ sιαρ ίη οαυ & υσ ιίfε ψίιι ηξυεσ σεmαίη δ sαmε αgαίη.

1 Like

Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by decoderdgenius(m): 8:53am On Dec 27, 2012
I am surprised futa is not on ur list cause anyone who schools in there no matter your previous character will become as holy as an angel.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by tspaqs(f): 8:58am On Dec 27, 2012
try universiy of ilorin aka better by far nd u ll knw all ds sculs r jst by d way!
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by itunu8(f): 9:03am On Dec 27, 2012
Juwon277: u 4got to add federal university of technology akure, just try to visit d kcl and u will testify to dis.

Sowi.. R u a futarian... Jst curious
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by abdulkayus(m): 9:04am On Dec 27, 2012
ehispapa:

my guy, u LIED, u cannot compare d height of immorality in d south to d north. I also school in d north and served in d south. South immorality start frm secondary and thru to uni, while in d north, there is only few cases of immorality in theur uni cos of their culture and upbringin.
@OP, i think uniilorin, Al hikma, Kwasu, BUK, ABU, Unimaid, UDU shld be on dat list also.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by COMPAQ(m): 9:10am On Dec 27, 2012
Leave story. I know like 2 or 3 very naughty Madonna chucks and I have a few friends who have done covenant chucks. Not sure there is anything special about their moral values. Everyone just pretends.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 27, 2012
Sleek05: Lol @ d people comparing private unis 2 secular unis. Whichever way u choose 2 define morality, a private uni wil always rank higher than a secular uni, it doesn't necessarily mean better, it just means more morally sound because religion has been inculcated into their syllabus. May I also add dat madonna should be on d list. And I don't see d point of badmouthin private unis cuz u think ur uni is better, its different strokes for differnt folks, I attended a private uni and I'm better for it, it may not be so for sm1 else. I wrote unilag's masters entrance exam and topped d admission list while some other fed uni students were not even shortlisted so @ some point, its not really about what uni u attended but d stuff u as a person is made of. Keep screamin UI, Ife with nuthn 2 show 4it and wait 4 reality 2 slap u on d face!

I totally disagree with you. A private university would not always rank higher especially in the area of morality, and for the record, being a graduate of a private university does not make one morally sound, NO!. Salvation does not mean inculcating Religion into a university syllabus. Salvation is greater than that. Salvation is personal. These private universities are only doing their best to build young minds, but its very illogical to imply that private university graduates are higher ranking in the area of morality. There i disagree. Even in intelligence, i totally disagree that graduates from private universities rank higher! I have met very many graduates from private universities and very very few have left good impressions .In most cases i end up being very disappointed and wonder what they spent four/five years learning! In my own opinion, sending your kids to a private university does not equate to being morally sound. That is one BIG LIE ! Rather it is an attempt to give your child the best and ensure they learn to be sound in all areas.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Bsmartt(m): 9:20am On Dec 27, 2012
unilorin should be among the first 3.maybe you need to do more research on nigeria universities.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by anthoniaz(f): 9:24am On Dec 27, 2012
TEA esq™:
Expected madonna to be the 1st on the list undecided

Madonna should even be number one.I graduated 4rm MAU,hmmmm that school,na God....if not.I narrowly escaped expulsion simply because I did not stand up when the Chancellor entered the school premises during orientation after waiting for more than three hours for his arrival from(Elele) Rivers state.

No use camera phones,once it's six in the evening,a girl and a guy are not 2 be seen together.Actually none of that was my problem,just that I was angry cos of the rude sales girls in the school shops,the Reverend(*clears throat*) abeg I no know whether MAU vamps dey here,make I stop to dey type.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Sleek05(f): 9:34am On Dec 27, 2012
AmBeautiful:

I totally disagree with you. A private university would not always rank higher especially in the area of morality, and for the record, being a graduate of a private university does not make one morally sound, NO!. Salvation does not mean inculcating Religion into a university syllabus. Salvation is greater than that. Salvation is personal. These private universities are only doing their best to build young minds, but its very illogical to imply that private university graduates are higher ranking in the area of morality. There i disagree. Even in intelligence, i totally disagree that graduates from private universities rank higher! I have met very many graduates from private universities and very very few have left good impressions .In most cases i end up being very disappointed and wonder what they spent four/five years learning! In my own opinion, sending your kids to a private university does not equate to being morally sound. That is one BIG LIE ! Rather it is an attempt to give your child the best and ensure they learn to be sound in all areas.

Hey chill, I said private unis in demselves not private uni graduates. Private unis have moral rules 2 be followed strictly on campus and its left for the students 2 abide by these rules outside campus. This thread is abt moral unis and has absolutely nothing 2do with d students or graduates and hey preferring a fed/state uni 2 a private one is totally ur choice. 4 some people, d reverse is d case! I don't rem sayin also dat private uni grads rank higher in acad, I gave an example of myself 2 let ppl know dat its not all abt d uni but d individual so pls don't misquote me!
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by anthoniaz(f): 9:36am On Dec 27, 2012
Melinde: where is madonna and caritas because i am a product of one of them. i know what we passed through

Me too
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Ekowise(m): 9:36am On Dec 27, 2012
Madonna not toping the list or even among the list................ Is a BIG LIE. That school has no pity in expelling student. I have witnessed 130 expulsion in a day. As they expel so do they admit massively.
Graduating from Madonna calls for more than a celebration. If you are not in the system just for a week you will may never understand this.
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 27, 2012
I remember those days wey Madonna Elele girls dey come find preek for Uniport lipsrsealed

Me sef chau some oh
Re: Universities To Avoid If You Are Immoral From Your Home by anthoniaz(f): 10:02am On Dec 27, 2012
Engr. Chris:
The truth about Uni life is that any part u don't experience when u are in scul if eventually come out to the society u become worst in that part than some1 that experience it while in Uni. On that list magority of students that graduate from those Uni(scul), that was denied a lot of social life if they graduate n come out to the society, they do undowable more than some1 that did'nt graduate from those Uni. Uni life meant to shape u 2 become a Matured Mind not just Mature. Weder a Man or a Woman. What u have not experience when u are out u want 2 experience it, if u don't mean u are hid'g it wit pretence. what ever hav front wil also hav back. Finally EVERYTHING WORK 4 GOOD 4 THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN ALMIGHTY GOD. No matter what I thank God 4 Unitech Ow. 4 making me what I am 2day n also be close 2 God.

I disagree with u.It's a thing of the mind.There are pple who graduate from such schools and they bcome wild simply because they had no opportunity to explore while on the other hand,some pple who are already used to being wild or living contrary to the standard of such schools or live a normal life get used to the way of life of that scool.Personally,I dnt club,drink or look for places to go,I prefer being indoors,that has not changed,the fact I attended one of those schools doesn't mean I'd love to taste something different though there are some even while we were still in school that did things differently,they would bribe mopols or security men to get out of school and majority of them were expelled.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WAEC Rating Highlights Dwindling Fortunes Of Education In South-west Nigeria / School Gives Goat As Prize For First Position In A Primary School / ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.