Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,527 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 (1459 Views)

Why Christmas Is Paganistic / Christ Was Born In October And Not Dec. 25. / Here Is Your Evidence To Show Jesus Was Not Really Born On Dec 25? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by kasheemawo(m): 8:45am On Dec 25, 2012
PAGANISTIC BIRTHDAY!
Jesus Christ (pbuh) was never born inDecember. Since the Bible recorded that shepherds were tending their sheep in the fields on that night. Thisis quite unlikely to have happened during a cold winter. So why do we celebrate Christ's birthday as Christmas on December 25th?
The answer lies in the paganistic origins of Christmas. In ancient Babylon, the feast of the Son of Isis (goddess of nature) was celebrated on December 25. Raucous partying, gluttonous eating and drinking, and gift-giving were traditions of this feast.
In Rome, the Winter Solstice was celebrated many years before the birth of Christ. The Romans called their winter holiday Saturnalia, honoring Saturn, the god of Agriculture. In January, they observed the Kalends of January, which represented the triumph of life over death. This whole season was called Dies Natalis Invicti Solis, the Birthday of the Unconquered Sun. The festival season was marked by much merry making. It is in ancient Rome that the tradition of the Mummers was born. The Mummers were groups of costumed singers and dancers who traveled from house to house entertaining their neighbours. From this, the Christmas tradition of caroling was born.
In northern Europe, many other traditions that we now consider partof Christian worship were begun long before the participants had ever heard of Christ. The pagans of northern Europe celebrated their own winter solstice, known as Yule. Yule was symbolic of the pagan Sun god, Mithras, being born, and was observed on the shortest day of the year. As the Sun god grew and matured, the days became longer and warmer. It was customary to light a candle to encourage Mithras, the sun god, to reappear next year.
Huge Yule logs were burned in honor of the sun. The word Yule itself means "wheel," the wheel being a pagan symbol for the sun. Mistletoe was considered a sacred plant, and the custom of kissing under the mistletoe began as a fertility ritual. Hollyberries were thought to be a food of the gods.
The tree is the one symbol that unites almost all the northern European winter solstices. Live evergreen trees were often brought into homes during the harsh wintersas a reminder to inhabitants that soon their crops would grow again. Evergreen were sometimes carried as totems of good luck and were often present at weddings, representing fertility. The Druids used the tree as a religious symbol, holding their sacred ceremonies while surrounding and worshiping huge trees.
In 350, Pope Julius1 declared that Christ's birth would be celebrated onDecember 25. There is little doubt that he was trying to make it as painless as possible for pagan Romans who remained a majority atthat time to convert to Christianity. The new religion went down a bit easier, knowing that their feasts would not be taken away from them.
Christmas (Christ-Mass) as we know it today, most historians agree, began in Germany, though Catholics and Lutherans still disagree about which church celebrated it first. The earliest record of an evergreen beingdecorated in a Christian celebration was in 1521 in the Alsace region of Germany.
In line with the above fact, Christmascelebration as we know it today, is clearly pagan in origin, it has Satan's prints all over it. In fact, so many Pastors know what it is and still do nothing about it. They stand in the pulpit year after year and do not tell the "flock", that it is one of the pagans most sacred days. Do these men of God not know about it? The reason is that "flock" would not accept it and would run them off! They will let the "flock" drown in sin at the risk of loosing their pay check and position. It boils down to no GUTS!!
Now, it is time for truth-seekers to get some backbone and stop the nonsense. We best do something or God wills.
Some will argue that as long as one knows that it is Jesus that we celebrate, it is okay. How wrong thatthinking is? We see in the old testament- time and time again, that, when God's people incorporated paganism in worship, God brought judgment to the nation. It is no different today. The Roman Catholic church, in is desire toconvert the heathen, mingled the ways of the pagan's (witchcraft), intothe church. Easter is another one that has paganism mingled with Jesus.
Get you head out of the sand and find out the truth. Finally, we invite you to make a discovery of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), the like of whom never walked on the surface of the earth.

1 Like

Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 25, 2012
I know. But dude, is it not better that a pagan festival was replaced by a christain one?
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by hrmkz: 8:52am On Dec 25, 2012
Third world war will be caused by Religion or Sport (football in particular)!
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 25, 2012
hrmkz: Third world war will be caused by Religion or Sport (football in particular)!
Do you mind explaining how. The sport aspect in particular.

1 Like

Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by eddyspice(m): 9:22am On Dec 25, 2012
Reyginus: I know. But dude, is it not better that a pagan festival was replaced by a christain one?
no way! if sango festival is converted to a christian celebration in a modify way would u accept it?
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 25, 2012
eddy spice: no way! if sango festival is converted to a christian celebration in a modify way would u accept it?
Don't use the word convert loosely my friend.
But maybe you could tell me what you mean by modifying pagan worship. I really want to know, before any further thing.
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by hrmkz: 9:49am On Dec 25, 2012
Reyginus: Do you mind explaining how. The sport aspect in particular.
Religion and football remains the two most debatable issues world over! If wisdom does not pravail may boil over.
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by SIRcumalot: 9:53am On Dec 25, 2012
Really something as trivial as football would cause world war I laff die?
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 25, 2012
hrmkz: Religion and football remains the two most debatable issues world over! If wisdom does not pravail may boil over.
I still don't understand how
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 25, 2012
SIR cum a lot:
Really something as trivial as football would cause world war I laff die?
I no understand am o!
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by eddyspice(m): 12:32pm On Dec 25, 2012
Reyginus: Don't use the word convert loosely my friend.
But maybe you could tell me what you mean by modifying pagan worship. I really want to know, before any further thing.
u didnt answer my question sha.but an example of modify pagan festival in christianity is sango festival practice in Brazil. pls whats wrong with word 'convert' i used
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 25, 2012
eddy spice: u didnt answer my question sha.but an example of modify pagan festival in christianity is sango festival practice in Brazil. pls whats wrong with word 'convert' i used
To convert could mean
1. To transfer a material from one form to another. But still retaining its original property.
2. To wipe out the original property the person is holding.
So, do you now because of a few, who practise the sango or whatever, conclude that the celebration is pagan. Dn you even understand what it means to be pagan ?
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by eddyspice(m): 1:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
Reyginus: To convert could mean
1. To transfer a material from one form to another. But still retaining its original property.
2. To wipe out the original property the person is holding.
So, do you now because of a few, who practise the sango or whatever, conclude that the celebration is pagan. Dn you even understand what it means to be pagan ?
tanx 4 correction i would use d word institute or introduce a pagan festival to christianity.pls explain what pagan means so that i can understand.however, pls bros what dictionary did u get ur info on d meaning of convert
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by raffite: 1:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
I thought he was going to tell us the exact date eg April 18
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
eddy spice: tanx 4 correction i would use d word institute or introduce a pagan festival to christianity.pls explain what pagan means so that i can understand
No. I don't see it as pagan. You do, so tell me what it means to be pagan
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by eddyspice(m): 1:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
Reyginus: No. I don't see it as pagan. You do, so tell me what it means to be pagan
wow u asked me if i understand what pagan meant and i asked u to explain now u r pushing it back to me.for me d pagan part i see (1)what is d relationship btween santa,the xmas tree and Jesus.(2)why do some chrristians celeberate christmas on january 6th(3)why did Jesus appostle not celebrate xmas
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2012
eddy spice: wow u asked me if i understand what pagan meant and i asked u to explain now u r pushing it back to me.for me d pagan part i see (1)what is d relationship btween santa,the xmas tree and Jesus.(2)why do some chrristians celeberate christmas on january 6th(3)why did Jesus appostle not celebrate xmas

1. The thing is, once in the atmosphere of any christain festival, it doesn't matter the strategies we employ to fulfil it. As long as they don't contradict the nature of God. The relationship is living the moment in love. How does it contradict what God wants for us?
2. Christ was not born on the 25th. And since we would never know, we can mark out any day to celebrate it. Just like the sabbath is not compulsorily a sunday.
3. Following this logic, one can further ask: why didnt the ladies of their time wear trousers to church? why didnt jesus apostles distribute articles like the watchtower, awake etc? why didn't they use microphone in the time?
That they didn't celebrate it, doesn't make it a pagan tradition. The only thing that can make the celebration pagan, is to indulge pagan rites in the course of it. And I still ask:
what does it mean to be pagan?
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by eddyspice(m): 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
Reyginus:
1. The thing is, once in the atmosphere of any christain festival, it doesn't matter the strategies we employ to fulfil it. As long as they don't contradict the nature of God. The relationship is living the moment in love. How does it contradict what God wants for us?
2. Christ was not born on the 25th. And since we would never know, we can mark out any day to celebrate it. Just like the sabbath is not compulsorily a sunday.
3. Following this logic, one can further ask: why didnt the ladies of their time wear trousers to church? why didnt jesus apostles distribute articles like the watchtower, awake etc? why didn't they use microphone in the time?
That they didn't celebrate it, doesn't make it a pagan tradition. The only thing that can make the celebration pagan, is to indulge pagan rites in the course of it. And I still ask:
what does it mean to be pagan?
pls the manner,strategies as well as orgin matters in any thing related to our worship of God.d pagan rites i observe are(1)relationship between santa n Jesus(2)whats is d function of fireworks on xmas eve which orginated frm Asian festivals(3)what role does xmas tree play and (4)google dese words satulunia n yuletide.

1 Like

Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 25, 2012
eddy spice: pls the manner,strategies as well as orgin matters in any thing related to our worship of God.d pagan rites i observe are(1)relationship between santa n Jesus(2)whats is d function of fireworks on xmas eve which orginated frm Asian festivals(3)what role does xmas tree play and (4)google dese words satulunia n yuletide.
Lol.
I don't quite get your point. You seem to be using your belief instead of what really is, to argue.
1. Do you mind telling me how santa clause relates to pagan tradition. Is santa worshipped? Is it even enshrined in any denomination to begin with?
2. I don't understand how the fireworks seem to uphold paganism. Your problem is, you are using an isolated case to read the significance of a thing. Let's say the tradition of a particular pagan race is to greet with a thumbs up. I've never heard nor read about what they believe in, by the way I make the thumbs up sign when I gree. Does that make me a pagan or upholding pagan tradition?
3. The tree is symbolic. Stop being deliberately ignorant. It serves the purpose of:
i. Beautifying the environment.
ii. To remind of the word of our saviour:'be fruitful'.
iii. Indicate that something different happened when Jesus was born.
4. I have no strength for that. Link it here if you're serious.
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by eddyspice(m): 3:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
Reyginus: Lol.
I don't quite get your point. You seem to be using your belief instead of what really is, to argue.
1. Do you mind telling me how santa clause relates to pagan tradition. Is santa worshipped? Is it even enshrined in any denomination to begin with?
2. I don't understand how the fireworks seem to uphold paganism. Your problem is, you are using an isolated case to read the significance of a thing. Let's say the tradition of a particular pagan race is to greet with a thumbs up. I've never heard nor read about what they believe in, by the way I make the thumbs up sign when I gree. Does that make me a pagan or upholding pagan tradition?
3. The tree is symbolic. Stop being deliberately ignorant. It serves the purpose of:
i. Beautifying the environment.
ii. To remind of the word of our saviour:'be fruitful'.
iii. Indicate that something different happened when Jesus was born.
4. I have no strength for that. Link it here if you're serious.
a little humility on ur part will enable u to make research on the points i raise.because ur answers are based on what u feel is correct.pls i appreciate if u have substantiable envidence to help me view this matter in an enlighten way
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
eddy spice: a little humility on ur part will enable u to make research on the points i raise.because ur answers are based on what u feel is correct.pls i appreciate if u have substantiable envidence to help me view this matter in an enlighten way
You are a very funny guy. You expect me to make research to uphold your point. Really? Why research on why christmas is not a pagan tradition? Lol. You're asking for evidence. Seriously? What evidence?
You made the claim dude I didn't.
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by eddyspice(m): 6:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
Reyginus: You are a very funny guy. You expect me to make research to uphold your point. Really? Why research on why christmas is not a pagan tradition? Lol. You're asking for evidence. Seriously? What evidence?
You made the claim dude I didn't.
na u funny pass my guy.i made a claim pointing at certain grey areas but u cant disprove derm b4 my eyes.ok research and prove me wrong.i stand to be corrected if my opinion is wrong.
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
eddy spice: na u funny pass my guy.i made a claim pointing at certain grey areas but u cant disprove derm b4 my eyes.ok research and prove me wrong.i stand to be corrected if my opinion is wrong.
How do you expect me to disprove a thing which cannot even be proven. How do you disprove the absence of proof?
We need not research. What I want us to do is think. Is that too much to ask?
You seem to love google. Why?
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by eddyspice(m): 7:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
Reyginus: How do you expect me to disprove a thing which cannot even be proof. How do you disprove the absence of proof?
We need not research. What I want us to do is think. Is that too much to ask?
You seem to love google. Why?
ok lets think pls u lead the way am listening bros
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 25, 2012
Lol. How do I lead the way when you are yet to present a follow up to what you propose?
If Xmas is pagan, tell me how? Is that too much to ask?
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by eddyspice(m): 7:56pm On Dec 25, 2012
Reyginus: Lol. How do I lead the way when you are yet to present a follow up to what you propose?
If Xmas is pagan, tell me how? Is that too much to ask?
nah not too much ask.i am convined its pagan because of its date according to the New Catholic encyclopedia stated tha date concide with the winter solstice in julian calander.a day the sun return to the northern skies.so whats ur take
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 25, 2012
eddy spice: nah not too much ask.i am convined its pagan because of its date according to the New Catholic encyclopedia stated tha date concide with the winter solstice in julian calander.a day the sun return to the northern skies.so whats ur take
I never knew that any festival that coincides with a pagan day is pagan. Sometimes I wonder how some people think.
Is the date now exclusive to the pagans.
I really want to know from you, what makes a thing pagan?
I hate when people make irrational claims with certainty.
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by eddyspice(m): 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
i base my reason on what i saw in the encyclopedia bros.if u have a point against my point pls state it and dont cruxify me o.after all u said we shud tink.
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by eddyspice(m): 8:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
also in mattew 2:1-16 the bible never metion the number of wise men who brought the gift to Jesus and it did nt state that they met Jesus the day was born in menger or was still in the menger when they visited.in movies and pictures it is portrnay as three wise men which is a clear fallacy to make ppl accept xmas celebratin
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by eddyspice(m): 8:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
also in d western world xmas is all about santa visiting kids and placing gift under d xmas tree which must b open d next day after xmas.if it is all about Jesus y santa .
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 25, 2012
eddy spice: i base my reason on what i saw in the encyclopedia bros.if u have a point against my point pls state it and dont cruxify me o.after all u said we shud tink.
You don't understand, do you? The thing is, you don't even understand what you read. I'm yet to see an explanation to what you think is pagan. Do you also need encyclopedia? Are you capable of thinking for yourself?
Re: Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
eddy spice: also in mattew 2:1-16 the bible never metion the number of wise men who brought the gift to Jesus and it did nt state that they met Jesus the day was born in menger or was still in the menger when they visited.in movies and pictures it is portrnay as three wise men which is a clear fallacy to make ppl accept xmas celebratin
Are you alright at all?
Are we talking about gifts here or whether the practise is pagan?
Do you know what you are typing at all?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Tuesday 16th July, 2013 Fulfilling His Purpose By Pas / Why Do Christians Backslide? / What The Hell Is Wrong With These People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.