Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,327 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:33 PM

Pls What Is The APN For Spectranet - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls What Is The APN For Spectranet (6030 Views)

What Is The APN For Multilinks? / Please I Need The APN That Will Allow Me Browse With Glo BIS With My Modem On PC / I need these ISP's APN Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What Is The APN For Spectranet by mailtimi(m): 9:13am On Dec 25, 2012
Pls i have a spectranet modem, and am trying to set it up with my new tp-link wireless router. but i think i might need to input the apn for spectranet to manually configure the 3G of my router.

Pls help me out. either with the APN or how to actually setup my router to work with the modem
Re: Pls What Is The APN For Spectranet by samfibby(m): 11:45am On Dec 26, 2012
spectranet uses wimax, 4g technology. Doubt if it would work with 3g devices as they use different spectral frequencies.
Re: Pls What Is The APN For Spectranet by mailtimi(m): 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
samfibby: spectranet uses wimax, 4g technology. Doubt if it would work with 3g devices as they use different spectral frequencies.

ok. thanks. but is there a way i can get it to work with a wireless router?
Re: Pls What Is The APN For Spectranet by samfibby(m): 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
You mean to say access point not wireless router. Using it with a wireless router could cause IP conflict headache.
Re: Pls What Is The APN For Spectranet by mailtimi(m): 7:21am On Dec 28, 2012
Don't think there should be conflict. Am not using it with more than 4 systems. The point is. The router is not auto recognising the spectranet wimax modem. So it needs to be manually configured for it to recognise it. Dats y am asking for there details. Or do u feel its only dis 3G modems dat can work with it? Like mtn, glo n d rest
Re: Pls What Is The APN For Spectranet by samfibby(m): 8:16am On Dec 28, 2012
mailtimi: Don't think there should be conflict. Am not using it with more than 4 systems. The point is. The router is not auto recognising the spectranet wimax modem. So it needs to be manually configured for it to recognise it. Dats y am asking for there details. Or do u feel its only dis 3G modems dat can work with it? Like mtn, glo n d rest

I have ubiquiti access point attached to my switch at home. My spectranet serves as gateway. The access point has a static IP with the excluded ip range. As 4 the ip conflict issue, i hope u aware that the spectranet has auto nat/dhcp capability running in its firmware, if ur router runs this too, guess what could happen!!! Optionally, u might want to disable auto ip configuration in ur modem and allow the wireless router do the routing. Happy trouble shooting wink wink cheesy
Re: Pls What Is The APN For Spectranet by olufaj12: 10:56pm On May 08, 2013
ok, so how do u get the settings, need the same thing for my swift modem, apn, dialling code................
Re: Pls What Is The APN For Spectranet by Vicko1(m): 5:36pm On Jan 05, 2017
The way out is for you to create a static ip on the WAN interface of your tp-link router. Assuming your spectranet is assigning ip 192.168.100.100, just assign 192.168.100.10 to the WAN interface of the tp-link.

(1) (Reply)

KMS Activator Ultimate 2018 / hp 640g2 i7 6th gen for sale / How Much Does An MP3 Player Cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.