Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage (21362 Views)

How To Get Rid Of Jinn / Jinn Stories / How Can We Fight Terrorism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by kauthar2012: 10:50am On Dec 25, 2012
Salam brothers n sisters,this is my second time of posting here on dis forum. I posted sometime ago about how tins ve bn difficult for I and hubby...I tink d topic was "Have we gone wrong somewhere"...don't knw hw to post d link. My good brothers and sister like Maclatunji,tbaba and deols commented n encouraged me. I talked about how tins ve nt bn working for us since marriage,hw feeding was a huge problem,no child,everyting is jst stagnant. Bt Alhamdulillah for d gift of life...we celebrated our 2nd year anniversary a wk ago,we r healthy. So I will be ungrateful if I don't acknowledge my creator and thank Him for His Mercy upon our life.

Well,2yrs and everyting is still preety much d same. No pregnancy,no job...noting. My husband is a very hardworking and industrious man,bt tins r nt jst working to his favour.

Somehow I tink I ve made a conclusion to wat our problem really is... Couple of months into our marriage,he started having dreams where he will see a man,somtimes I will b wit d man in a very intimate way. He kisses me or will give me a hug right in front of my husband. He told me about it and we ve bn praying about it. Due to all d problems we ve bn facing since marriage,we ve bn praying togeda seriously and turning to Allah to provide for us and sustain us. We wake up to pray tahajjud togeda,begging God to change our situation.

The dream seem to have seized bt about a week ago he had anoda,dis time he saw d man vivdly,according to his description,d man is huge,tall n very dark. In d dream,my husband has jst finished making love wit me only for him to turn and see d man @ d other side of d bed,and from all indication he too has had sex wit me,and he was telling my husband how sweet I was den he kissed me and left. The following day my period started,I was really devasted wit d whole tin. After my period,I resolved dat we should b reciting suratul ikhlas,Falaq,Nas n kursiyyu b4 we sleep. I was doin dat b4 bt somehw stopped.

This morning he told me he saw d man again in his dream,bt dis time he was quarelling seriously wit me and he culdnt place wat d problem or quarell was all about. I and my hubby made love last nite n b4 we slept we both recited d verses. I am tinking d jinn was nt happy we did dat hence d quarrel.

My question nw is,hw can I/we break d hold of dis jinn totally,cos from all indications its like he is d one hampering or slowing our prosperity(Allah alam). What other prayers can I do to break free? I ve hrd of pple having jinn husband etc..am so confused . I recite d qur'an everyday in our house except wen in my period,pray tahajjud almost every nite(d harmattan cold has nt bn allowing me to wake up dese past few wks),and we pray fervently.

Sorry for d epistle bt pls anyone wit any suggestion on hw to combat dis should pls advise. I jst want tins to work out for I n my hsband,I want to enjoy d blessings of marriage. Tanks
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by oludaniels: 11:27am On Dec 25, 2012
I'm not a muslim how i wish i could help you but youve listed the people you want help from, i have seen muslims go the christian way when they really mean business. PRAYER IN MARRIAGE IS A PERFECT BASE TO DESTROY EVERY SPIRITUAL STRONGHOLD.
Disclaimer:
This is a public forum nobody should come spitting and insulting.
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by snubish: 11:59am On Dec 25, 2012
oh my, subhanallah, your story is a sad one indeed.

may Almighty Allah create an easy path for you out of this difficulty.

I would say what any muslim will say and would have said to you: that is you should be prayerful and patient. now what duration of time is ideal for "patience"? that; I have no answer to.

but know that Allah tests the best of his slsves with the most severe hardships. after they overcome inshallah, they are more honoured for their longsuffering.

the issue of financial hardship, and not having a job, finding it difficult to make ends meet is just too common in this country. and I suggest seeking practical ways out of this situation while praying. think of relatives, organisations, trusted friends that can help you with some start up capital to establish a carefully planned business of your own. getting a salaried job these days is not easy for most people.

also, sometimes there's a divine wisdom behind events that we are oblivious of as humans. if you are having financial difficulties as a couple, why do you think having a child would make things easier?

pls sister, inshallahu, your troubles will soon be over. thank God for little things: having a loving, healthy husband, that you love in return and are considerate for, a simple smile is a gift that should be treasured. your intellect is still intact, you have not compromised your religion etc. also being together should help lessen the burden as 2 are stronger than 1. you will surely smile about these times later in your life inshallah.

you may also need to seek help in prayers cautiously from people who are more knowledgeable in those matters, and that you think you can trust. really some people have had their problems compounded by going to the wrong people for help.
may Almighty Allah guide both your steps.

1 Like

Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by tbaba1234: 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
Assalam aleikum,

Alhamdulilah sister, Good to hear from you again.

Practical ways of breaking a jinn influences are as follows, In addition to what i am going to write below, read this book: http://www.scribd.com/doc/33741447/Manzil-English .... It contains the effective ayat read by the Ulama during ruqya (Exorcism) against the actions of Jinns.

1. When you recite Surah al-Baqarah. If you can't play an audio CD - Do this often

Abu Hurayrah (ra) reports that Allaah's Messenger (saw) said, "Do not turn your houses into graves. Indeed Shaytaan flees from a house in which Surah al-Baqarah is recited." (Muslim).

2. When you say: La ilaha illAllaah - wahdahu laa shareeka lahu - lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu - wa huwa 'ala kulli shay'in qadeer. [There is none worthy of worship except Allah alone. He has no partners. To Him belongs the Dominion, to Him belongs all praise and He is capable over all things] a hundred times a day.

The evidence is what has been reported in the Saheeh of al Bukhaari and Muslim from Abu Hurayrah (ra) that Allaah's Messenger (saw) mentioned the above words and then said: "He will receive the reward of setting free ten slaves, a hundred good deeds will be written for him and a hundred bad deeds will be erased from him. It will be a sanctuary from Shaytaan for him on that day until he reaches the evening. No one will come with something better except one who increases beyond that".

3. Recitation of Ayaat ul-Kursi when you go to bed.

Abu Hurayrah (ra) reported that the Messenger (saw) put him in charge of guarding the zakaah of Ramadan and someone would come and take handfuls from the zakaah for two nights in succession. On the third night, he (Abu Hurayrah) grabbed him and said: "I will take you to Allaah's Messenger (saw)". He (the thief) said: "Leave me alone and I will teach you some words by which Allaah will benefit you". He then said, "When you depart to go to your bed recite aayaat ul-Kursi until you complete it. There wil never cease to be from Allaah a guardian to protect you and Shaytaan will not approach you until you wake up". When he explained this to Allaahs Messenger (saw), he said, "He has told you the truth althought he is a great liar". (al-Bukhaari).

4. When you spit on your left three times and seek refuge in Allaah from the evil of what you see in a dream.

Abu Salamah bin 'Abdur-Rahman said: "I heard Abu Qataadah ibn Rab'iyy say: "I heard Allaah's Messenger (saw) say, "The good dream is from Allaah and the bad dream is from Shaytaan. When one of you sees what he dislikes, let him spit on his left three times when he awakens and let him seek refuge in Allaah from its evil and then it will not harm him"". Abu Salamah said, "I used to see in my dream that which wouldbe more burdensome to me than a mountain and when I heard this hadeeth I considered it as nothing." In another narration he said, "I used to see in my dream which would make me concerned until I heard Abu Qataadah say: "I used to have dreams which would make me ill until I heard Allaah's Messenger (saw) say, "The righteous dream is from Allaah. If one of you sees what he loves then let him not inform anyone about it except one whom he loves. And if he sees what he dislikes, let him not inform anyone about it. Let him spit on his left three times and let him seek refuge in Allaah from Shaytaan, the accursed from the evil of what he saw and it will not harm him.""

5. Upon saying, when leaving the house "Bismillah tawakaltu 'ala Allah, la hawla wa la quwata illaa bilLah" [In the Name of Allah, I place my trust upon Alaah, There is no power nor movement except by Allaah].

Anas (ra) reports that Allaah's Messenger (saw) said, "Whoever says (when he leaves his house): "In the Name of Allah, I place my trust upon Alaah, There is no power nor movement except by Allaah" it is said to him: "You have been sufficed, you have been protected and you have been guided". Then one of the devils turns to another and says, "How can you get to a man who has been sufficed, protected and guided". (Abu Dawud, at-Tirmidhi, hasan saheeh).

Umm Salamah (ra) said, "Allaah's Messenger (saw) never left my house except that he raised his sight to the sky and said, "Allahumma innee a'oodhu bika an adil aw udal, aw azil aw uzal, aw azlima aw uslam, aw ajhal aw yujhal 'aleeyy (O Allaah I seek refuge in you from leading others astray and being led astray, from causing others to slip and being made to slip, from oppressing others or being oppressed and from making others ignorant, and being kept ignorant."" (at-Tirmidhi, Abu Dawood, an-Nasa'ee, Ibn Majah. at-Tirmidhi said "hasan saheeh", al-Albaani agreed with him in al-Kalim ut-Tayyib, no.59).

6. Remembering Allaah the Sublime and Exalted when entering the house and before eating.

Jaabir (ra) said: "I heard the Prophet (saw) say: "When a man enters his house and remembers Allaah the Exalted upon entering and before eating, Shaytaan says: "There is no place for you to spend the night and there is no supper for you." When he enters the house and does not remember Allaah, Shaytaan says: "You have found a place to spend the night" and when he does not remember Allaah upon eating his food, Shaytaan says: "You have found a place to stay and some supper"". (Muslim).

7. Saying "A'oodhu bilLahil-'adheem wa bi wajhil-kareemi wa bi sultaanihil-qadeemi min ash-Shaytaani-rajeem" [I seek refuge with Allaah the Mighty, with His Noble Face and with His Eternal Authority from Shaytaan, the Accursed] when entering the mosque.

'Abdullah ibn 'Umar (ra) said, "When the Prophet (saw) used to enter the mosque he woul say, "I seek refuge with Allaah the Mighty, with His Noble Face and with His Eternal Authority from Shaytaan, the Accursed". He then said, "When (a man) says this, Shaytaan says: "He has been protected from me for the whole day"". (Abu Dawud, al-Albaani declared it saheeh in Saheeh Abu Dawood, no. 458, and an-Nawawee and Ibn Hajr declared it hasan).

8. Upon pronouncing the adhaan.

This is due to what has been reported from Abu Hurayrah (ra) that Allaah's Messenger (saw) said, "When the call to prayer is made, Shaytaan flees on his heels and passes wind with noise during his flight so that he does not hear the adhaan. When the adhaan is completed he comes back. When the iqaamah is pronounced he takes to his heels again until it is completed. Then he returns again and whispers into the heart of the person and says to him:

"Remember this and remember that". So the person remembers those things which were not in his mind before the prayer began and as a result, he forgets how much he has prayed". (al-Bukhaari, Muslim).

Pronouncing the adhaan can be done at any time to repel Shaytaan. This is due to what has been reported by Muslim from Abu Saheel bin Abu Saalih who said: "My father sent me to Bani Harithah and there was a young boy with me. Someone called him by his name from a wall, so he went to have a look at the wall but did not see anything. I mentioned that to my father and he said: "If I had known that you would encounter this I would not have sent you. However, when you hear a voice then make the call for prayer since I heard Abu Hurayrah (ra) saying the Prophet (saw) said, "When the call for prayer is made, Shaytaan flees".

9. . When seeking refuge in Allaah due to the Exalted's saying: "And when an incitement to evil comes to you from Shaytaan, seek refuge in Allaah. He is the All Hearing, the All Knowing". (41:36)

10. When you say "A'oodhu billah minka, al'anuka bi l'anatillaah" [I seek refuge in Allah from you, I curse you with the curse of Allah] three times during the prayer.

Abu Dardaa' (ra) reports that "Allaah's Messenger (saw) stood for prayer and we heard him saying, "I seek refuge in Allaah from you". Then he said, "I curse you with the curse of Allaah" three times. At the same time, he was stretching out his hand, trying to grab hold of something. When he finished his prayer we said to him: "O Messenger of Allaah! We heard you say something in the prayer which we have never heard from you before and we saw you stretching out your hand". He said, "That was the enemy of Allaah, Iblees. He came with a flame of fire and tried to throw it in my face. I said, "I seek refuge in Allah from you" three times and then (I said), "I curse you with the curse of Allaah" three times and he did not hesitate. Then I desired to capture him. By Allaah! If it had not been for the supplication of our brother (the Prophet) Sulaymaan, he would have been tied up and the children of Madinah would have played about with him"". (Muslim).

In another hadeeth from 'Uthmaan bin Abul-Aas (ra) who said, "I said, "O Messenger of Allaah! Shaytaan comes in between me and my prayer and my recitation, confusing me." He said, "That is a Shaytaan called Khunzub. When you feel his presence, seek refuge in Allaah from him and spit on your left three times." I did as he said and Allaah took that (distraction) away from me." (Muslim)

11. When the servant finds something in his soul that concerns him and says "huwal-awwalu wal-aakhiru wadh-dhaahiru wal-baatinu wa huwa bi kulli shay'in 'aleem" [He is the First and the Last, the Outermost and the Innermost, and He has Knowledge of every single thing.]

Abu Zameel (ra) said, "I said to Ibn 'Abbas (ra), "What is this thing which I find in my soul?" - meaning doubt. He said, "When you find something like that in your soul, then say, "He (Allaah) is the First and the Last, the Outermost and the Innermost and He has knowledge of every single thing."" (Abu Dawood, al-Albaani declared it hasan in al-Kalim ut-Tayyib no.135).

12. When a calamity befalls you and you say "QadrAllahu wa ma sha' Allaahu fa'ala" [Allah has decreed (this) and He does whatever He wills].

Abu Hurayrah (ra) reports that Allaah's Messenger (saw) said, "The strong believer is more loved by Allaah than the weak believer, but in both there is good. Be zealous for what will benefit you. Seek help from Allaah the Mighty and Majestic and do not become incapacitated. If something afflicts you, do not say: "If only I had done such and such" but say, "Allaah has decreed (this) and He does whatever He wills". Indeed saying "if.." opens up the doorway of Shaytaan's handiwork." (Muslim)

13. When you say "Bismillah, Allahumma janibna ash-Shaytaan wa janibish-Shaytaana maa razaqtna" {in the Name of Allaah, O Allaah! Make us distant from Shaytaan and make Shaytaan distant from what you bestow upon us".

Ibn 'Abbaas (ra) reports that the Prophet (saw) said, "If one of you says, when approaching his wife (for intercourse): "In the Name of Allaah. O Allaah! Make us distant from Shaytaan and make Shaytaan distant from what you bestow upon us" and offspring is decreed for you, Shaytaan will never be able to harm it (i.e. the offspring)". (al-Bukhaari, Muslim)

14. When you say in a state of anger "A'oodhu bilLaahi min ash-Shaytaan ir-Rajeem" [I seek refuge with Allaah from Shaytaan the Accursed].

Sulaymaan bin Sard (ra) said, "I was sitting with Allaah's Messenger (saw) and two men were abusing each other. The face of one of them had become red (out of anger) and his veins had become inflated. Allaah's Messenger (saw) said, "I know a word which, if he was to say, his anger would leave him. If he said: "I seek refuge in Allaah from Shaytaan the Accursed", his anger would leave him"" (al-Bukhaari, Muslim).

15. Upon saying "bismillah" [in the Name of Allah]

Abul-Maleeh (ra) reports that a man said, "I was behind the Messenger (saw) and his riding animal stumbled. I said, "May Shaytaan perish", and he said, "Do not say, "May Shaytaan perish". If you say that he will grow in size until he becomes the size of a house and says, "By my strength". Instead say, "In the Name of Allaah". When you say that, he reduces in size until he is like a fly." (Abu Dawood, saheeh isnad).

16. When you supplicate for blessings for something which wins your admiration.

Allaah's Messenger (saw) said, "When one of you sees something in his self or in his possessions which amazes him (or wins his admiration) he should invoke blessings upon it as the (evil) eye is indeed true and real".

17. When you recite the M'uwadhdhataan [Surah al-Falaq and Surah an-Naaz].

Abu Sa'eed (ra) said, "Allaah's Messenger (saw) used to seek refuge from the jinn and from the effects of the (evil) of men until the m'uwwadhdhataan were revealed. When they were revealed he clung to them and abandoned what was besides them." (at-Tirmidhi, hasan; an-Nasa'ee and Ibn Maajah - saheeh).

18. When you make the prostration of recitation.

Allaah's Messenger (saw) said, "When you read a verse of prostration then prostrate, Shaytaan departs crying and says: "Woe be to him. He was ordered with prostration and he prostrated - so for him is Paradise. I was ordered with prostration and I refused - so for me is the Fire." (Muslim, Ahmad and Ibn Maajah).

19. When reciting the Qur'aan.

The Messenger of Allaah (saw) went out one night and passed by Abu Bakr (ra) who was praying with a lowered voice. Then he passed by 'Umar ibn al-Khattaab (ra) who was praying with a raised voice When they came together with the Prophet (saw), he said, "O Abu Bakr! I passed by you while you were praying with a lowered voice." Abu Bakr (ra) said, "I made the one with whom I was conversing with (i.e Allaah) hear it, O Messenger of Allaah." He then said to 'Umar (ra), "I passed by you while you were praying with a raised voice". 'Umar (ra) said, "O Messenger of Allaah! I was incitng those who were asleep and driving away the Shaytaan." The Prophet (saw) then said, "O Abu Bakr! Raise your voice somewhat" and he said to 'Umar, "lower your voice somewhat". (Abu Dawood, al Haakim, who declared it saheeh as did adh-Dhahabi).

20. When you move the finger during the prayer.

It is established that Allaah's Messenger (saw) used to move his finger, supplicating with it (Abu Dawood, an-Nasaa'i, Ibn al_Jaarud in al-Muntaqa and others) and the Messenger of Allaah said, "It is more powerful against the Shaytaan than iron" - meaning the forefinger. (Ahmad and others).

Imaam Ahmad was asked, "Should a man point with his finger in the prayer?" He replied, "Yes, vigorously". (Ibn Haani mentioned it in Masaa'il of Imaam
Ahmad).

http://www.themodernreligion.com/basic/charac/shaytaan-flee.html

Adopt all of these and insha Allah the Jinn would lose whatever influence it has.... Stay away from shirk... Be firm, you will be fine...

As regards the job situation, keep making dua... See a doctor for the pregnancy issue and continue to make dua. If everything is as a result of Jinns. Once the Influence breaks, you will be fine.

8 Likes

Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by tbaba1234: 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2012
More Duas:

1. Dua Before Intercourse:

Bismillaah Allaahumma jannibnash shaytaana, wa jannibish-shaytaana ma razaqtanaa

With the name of Allah, Oh Allah, keep the devil away from us and keep the devil away from what you provide for us

(Source: Albukhari 6/141, muslim 2/1028)

More to come:

1 Like

Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by tbaba1234: 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dua against evil portent

2. Allahumma laa tayra 'illa tayruka, wa laaa khayra 'illaa khayruka. wa laaa 'ilaaha ghayruka

Oh Allah, there is no portent other than your portent, no goodness other than your goodness and none worthy of worship other than you (Ahmad 2/220, ibn As-sunni (no 292)
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by tbaba1234: 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2012
Keep this up, sister, you will be fine... Do not fall to shirk... Stay firm and you are alright.
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by siddiq202(m): 5:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
May Allah reward both of you (Snubish & Tbaba) for your contributions.

In addition to what my brothers have said written, I will advice you to get citadel of the believer. It contains most if not all the duas tbaba posted.

I pray Allah grant you your heart desire

Salam
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by maclatunji: 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
tbaba1234: Keep this up, sister, you will be fine... Do not fall to shirk... Stay firm and you are alright.

Yes my brother.

OP, you have been given great advice by tbaba and as Snubish said seek practical solutions to your unemployment problem. There are a lot of people with similar problems. Remain prayerful and exercise patience.
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by maclatunji: 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2012
siddiq202: May Allah reward both of you (Snubish & Tbaba) for your contributions.

In addition to what my brothers have said written, I will advice you to get citadel of the believer. It contains most if not all the duas tbaba posted.

I pray Allah grant you your heart desire

Salam

Word!
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by olawalebabs(m): 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2012
I've learnt alot, the op should follow all those tips religiously, in sha Allah, everything will be fine for her family
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by larrymoore(m): 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2012
Good exhortation frm Tbaba. @op, in addition, againt evil or jinn, u can ve suratul Al-Kahf recited from cd player everynite, preferably played using ear piece as d last tin before sleepin off. Insha Allah d dream wil vanish. Maa salam.
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by kauthar2012: 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2012
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by kauthar2012: 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2012
May Allah reward all of u my brothers for taking time out to advice and recommend some dua for me. I rily appreciate it.

@snubish,tanks for d beautiful piece,I agree wit u 100% dat dere is financial hardship in d country more dan ever,tins r nt like before. The aspect of seeking help from relatives,friend etc for capital has bn utilisedf n notin came out of it...everyone is having one prob or d oda...and if u r nt from a financially bouyant family u knw hw it is...

My husband is a media consultant,he pkges adverts,documentaries etc for organisation bt dese days all proposals n places he solicits for work is nt jst yeilding results. Bt we leave everyting to Allah. Tanks once more.

@Tbaba,tanks too for d dua's. I will kip reciting dem and will inshaAllah stay away from shirk.

Siddiq,Maclatuni,Larrymoore and Olawalebabs...jazakallahul khairan. I appreciate u guys. May Allah mke it easy for all of us. Amin
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by siddiq202(m): 9:07pm On Dec 25, 2012
^^^^^Wa Iyyakum Sis
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by BetaThings: 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
larrymoore: Good exhortation frm Tbaba. @op, in addition, againt evil or jinn, u can ve suratul Al-Kahf recited from cd player everynite, preferably played using ear piece as d last tin before sleepin off. Insha Allah d dream wil vanish. Maa salam.
Salaam
Are you sure of this? I mean Suratul Kahf. I know that we are supposed to recite it on Fridays.
But for Jinns, as Tbaba mentioned, suratul Baqarah is preferred. That is the one I know and can find evidence for. My suggestion is that the sister should play this all night long, repeatedly in my opinion.

But if you have evidence for Suratul Kahf, please share it

Allah knows best
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by olawalebabs(m): 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2012
BetaThings:
Salaam
Are you sure of this? I mean Suratul Kahf. I know that we are supposed to recite it on Fridays.
But for Jinns as Tbaba mentioned suratul Baqarah is preferred. That is the one I know and can find evidence for. My suggestion is that the sister should play this all night long, repeatedly,
am not too sure about this, what about suratul jinn
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by BetaThings: 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
OP
When people are talking about Shirk, this is what they mean
1. No going to church
2. No going to one "mualim" that can tell you the source of your problem, what is going to happen and the sacrifice you need to make
3. No going to whoever (idol worshippers who can read palms, gives you something to put under your pillow etc)

The most important person in this matter is your husband. There will soon be pressure on him. "what is wrong? Why don't you take a second wife? can we get you something from one old man, you can just stay like this etc"

So you need to steer him in the way of students of knowledge who will continue to strengthen his iman. There are brothers who waited for close to 10years without falling into shirk. I pray to Allah that you don't have to wait for even a couple of months before you start expecting. Your husband should be able to stand firm and tell his family the situation is under control. They will not relent. So he must be vigilant and you must persevere

Now as regards churches. Some "friends and neighbours" out of "concern" will make suggestions. Be asuured they don't have the solution. The founder of MFM did not have a child until well after 10years. The current president of CAN does not have a miraculous story to tell in that regard too.

May Allah not make us the subject of the mockery of our opponents

4 Likes

Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by BetaThings: 4:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
Our brother, Yasir Qadhi (May Allah preserve him, increase him in knowledge, guidance and wisdom), wrote a very very good book on halal earnings. The summary of the 15 things to do are here

Some of them might not apply to you.

15 Ways to increase earnings with proofs from Quran and Sunnah

http://www.islamicinformation.net/2008/06/15-ways-to-increase-earnings-with.html

1. The Taqwa of Allah
And whosoever fears Allâh and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). (2) And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allâh, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allâh will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allâh has set a measure for all things.
[Surah Al-Talq, Verse 2-3]

And if the people of the towns had believed and had the Taqwâ (piety), certainly, We should have opened for them blessings from the heaven and the earth, but they belied (the Messengers). So We took them (with punishment) for what they used to earn (polytheism and crimes).
[ Surah Al-Araf, Verse 96]

2. Seeking forgiveness and repentance
"I said (to them): 'Ask forgiveness from your Lord; Verily, He is Oft-Forgiving; (10) 'He will send rain to you in abundance; (11) 'And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers.' "
[Surah Nooh, Verses 10-12]

"And O my people! Ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him, He will send you (from the sky) abundant rain, and add strength to your strength, so do not turn away as Mujrimûn (criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh)."
[Surah Hood, Verse 52]

And (commanding you): "Seek the forgiveness of your Lord, and turn to Him in repentance, that He may grant you good enjoyment, for a term appointed, and bestow His abounding Grace to every owner of grace (i.e. the one who helps and serves needy and deserving, physically and with his wealth, and even with good words). But if you turn away, then I fear for you the torment of a Great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).
[Surah Hood, Verse 3]

3. Tawakkul
‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattab reported that Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

"If you were to put trust in Allah (Tawakkul) the way that Allah deserves, then you would be provided for as birds are; they leave (in search of food) at the beginning of the day famished, and return at the end of the day full"
[Shaykah Al-Abani’s Silsilat Al-Sahihah, # 310]

And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allâh, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allâh will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allâh has set a measure for all things.
[Surah Al-Talq, Verse 2-3]

Would that they were contented with what Allâh and His Messenger (peace be upon him) gave them and had said: "Allâh is Sufficient for us. Allâh will give us of His Bounty, and so will His Messenger (from alms, etc.). We implore Allâh (to enrich us)."
[Surah Al-Tawba, Verse 59]

4. Constantly worshiping Allah
Abu Hurayrah stated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said,
"Allah says, ‘O son of Adam! Take time out to constantly worship me, I will fill your chest with richness , and remove your poverty. And if you do not do so. I will make your hands filled with occupation, and will not remove your poverty”
[Shaykh Al-Albani declared it to authentic in his Sunan Al-Tirmidhi]

Ma’qal Ibn Yasaar reported that Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“Your Lord, all glory and honor be to Him says, ‘O Son of Adam! Take the time out to constantly worship Me, I will fill your chest with richness! O Son of Adam! Do not distance yourself from Me, or I will fill your chest with poverty, and fill your hands with work ”
[Shaykah Al-Abani’s Silsilat Al-Sahihah, # 1359]

5.Thanking Allah
And (remember) when your Lord proclaimed: "If you give thanks (by accepting Faith and worshiping none but Allâh), I will give you more (of My Blessings), but if you are thankless (i.e. disbelievers), verily! My Punishment is indeed severe."
[Surah Ibrahim, Verse 7]

6. Frequently performing Hajj and ‘Umrah
It has been reported by ‘abdullah Ibn Mas’ud that the Prophet of Allah (peace be upon him) said:
"Follow up between Hajj and ‘Umrah (i.e. continuously repeat the performance of Hajj and ‘Umrah) because they both eliminate poverty and sins just like a furnace eliminates the dirty impurities of iron, gold and silver. And an accepted Hajj has no reward less than paradise"
[ Shaykh Al-Albani in Sahih Sunan Al-Tirmidhi (1/245)]

7. Establishing the ties of kinship
Abu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“Whoever is pleased with the fact that his Rizq be increased, and his life-span be extended, then let him establish the ties of kinship”
[Al-Bukari, # 5985]

Anas Ibn Malik reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“Whoever wishes to have his Rizq increased, and his life-span be extended, then let him establish the ties of kinship”
[Al-Bukari, # 5986]

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“Learn enough of your lineage, so that you can establish the ties of kinship, for establish the ties of kinship increases the love amongst families and multiplies wealth and extends age”
[Shaykh Al-Albani in Sahih Sunan Al-Tirmidhi (2/190)]

8. Spending in the Way of Allah
Say: "Truly, my Lord enlarges the provision for whom He wills of His slaves, and (also) restricts (it) for him, and whatsoever you spend of anything (in Allâh's Cause), He will replace it. And He is the Best of providers."
[Surah Saba, Verse 39]

Abu Hurayrah said that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“ Allah has said: ‘O Son of Adam! Spend I will spend on you!”
[Sahih Muslim (2/690)]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“There is not a single day in which a servant wakes that two angels come down (from the Heavens). One of them says, O’ Allah! Give to the one that spends a substitute (for what he has spent). And the other one says, ‘O Allah! Give to the one that withhold some (his money) destruction!”
[Al-Bukhari #1442]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said,
“While a person was in an open area of land, he heard voice in a cloud above him say. "water the garden of so-and-so!" So the cloud immediately departed, and started pouring its rain out on a rocky plain. A large crevice in the rocks collected all of this water. So the man followed the water (in its course), and he found a man standing in his garden, using an instrument to direct this water in different directions *(to irrigate his garden). He said to him, ‘O servant of Allah! What is your name?’ The man said ‘So-an-so,’ the same name that he had heard in the clouds! Then the man asked him, ‘O servant of Allah! Why are you asking me my name?’ So he responded. ‘I heard a voice in the clouds- the same clouds that this water came from- saying, “water the garden of so-and-so” with your name. What do you interpret this as (i.e. why do you think this happened )?’ So he said, ‘If you say this (i.e. if what you say occurred), then (the reason for this is that) I see what (crops) come out of it (this garden), and I give one third in charity, and I eat with my family one third of it, and I return one third of it (to cultivate more crops)”” and in another narration, it is reported that he said, …and I give one third of it to the poor, and the beggars, and the wayfarers.’
[Muslim (4/2288)]

9. Hijrah, Emigrating for the sake of Allah
He who emigrates (from his home) in the Cause of Allâh, will find on earth many dwelling places and plenty to live by. And whosoever leaves his home as an emigrant unto Allâh and His Messenger, and death overtakes him, his reward is then surely incumbent upon Allâh. And Allâh is Ever Oft¬Forgiving, Most Merciful.
[Surah Al-Nisa, Verse 100]

10. Marriage
And marry those among you who are single (i.e. a man who has no wife and the woman who has no husband) and (also marry) the Sâlihûn (pious, fit and capable ones) of your (male) slaves and maid-servants (female slaves). If they be poor, Allâh will enrich them out of His Bounty. And Allâh is All-Sufficent for His creatures' needs, All-Knowing (about the state of the people).
[Surah Al-Nur, Verse 32]

11.Supporting students of Islamic knowledge
Anas Ibn Malik said,
"There were two brothers (that lived) at the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him). One of them would come to Prophet (peace be upon him), whereas the other one would seek his sustenance (by working). So the the one who used to seek his sustenance complained to the Prophet (peace be upon him) about his brother. The Prophet (peace be upon him) replied,
‘It is possible that you are provided your rizq because of him’"
[Shaykh Al-Albani agreed it to be authentic, Saheeh Sunan Al-Tirmidhi(2/274)]

12. Showing kindness to the Poor
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said,
"The only reason that you are aided in victory (against your enemies) and provided with sustainance due to your weak?"
[Al-Bukahri (14/179)]

13. Being honest in ones dealings
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
"The two parties of a transaction have the right (to annul the contract) as long as they don't separate (from each other). So, if they were truthful (to one another), and honest in explaining (the defects of an item), then they will be blessed in their transaction. But, if they lied, and hid (the defects of an item) then the blessings of their transaction are destroyed"
[Muslim, # 3836]

14.Making the Hereafter One’s main Concern
Once Zayd Bin Thabit wa with Marwan, the leader of the City, when he went to visit 'Abd Al-Rahman Ibn 'Uthman Bin 'Affan, Abd Al-Rahman said, "Nothing caused him to come here, at this hour except a question that he wants to ask." So he asked him (what the matter was). He replied, "He (meaning Marwan) asked us about matters that we heard the Prophet :saws: say". I heard the Prophet (peace be upon him) say
"Whoever puts this world as his only (and primary) goal, them Allah will divide his affairs for him, and He will place poverty before his eyes, and nothing will come to him of this world except that which was already written (i.e. pre-destined) for him. But whoever made the Hereafter his goal, the Allah will gather his affairs for him, and he will place richness in his heart, and the world will come to him conquered and submissive"
[Al-Albani Silsila As-Saheehah, #950 ]

15. Striving to achieve the goal (for sustainance)
He knows that there will be some among you sick, others traveling through the land, seeking of Allâh's Bounty; yet others fighting in Allâh's Cause. So recite as much of the Qur'ân as may be easy (for you), and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât) and give Zakât, and lend to Allâh a goodly loan, And whatever good you send before you for yourselves, (i.e. Nawâfil non-obligatory acts of worship: prayers, charity, fasting, Hajj and 'Umrah), you will certainly find it with Allâh, better and greater in reward. And seek Forgiveness of Allâh. Verily, Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most-Merciful
[Surah Al-Muzammil, Verse 20]

And We have appointed the night and the day as two Ayât (signs etc.). Then, We have obliterated the sign of the night (with darkness) while We have made the sign of the day illuminating, that you may seek bounty from your Lord, and that you may know the number of the years and the reckoning. And We have explained everything (in detail) with full explanation.
[Surah Al-Isra, Verse 20]
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by BetaThings: 4:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
olawalebabs: am not too sure about this, what about suratul jinn
The hadith about Suratul Baqarah is explicit

Abu Hurayrah (ra) reports that Allaah's Messenger (saw) said, "Do not turn your houses into graves. Indeed Shaytaan flees from a house in which Surah al-Baqarah is recited." (Muslim).

It contains the greatest ayat - Kursi
It is even better if you combine it with Suratul 3 - Al Imran
As for suratul Jinn, the recommendation by Tbaba (Manzil) contains 4 ayat from that Sura
I did not know of the book, but I know there is a video of the Ruqya on this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVqqjOTdctk
. Note that the video above is different from the Manzil. I am trying to reconcile the composition of that Manzil with the video

I have found the video for the book (Manzil) that Tbaba recommended.
(Youtube videos can be saved with Keepvid.com into different format)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_X0FFT2VXc

This is from ibn Kathir
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=460
Read Al-Baqarah, because in having it there is blessing, and in ignoring there is a sorrow and the sorceresses cannot memorize it
Learn Surat Al-Baqarah and Al `Imran because they are two lights and they shade their people on the Day of Resurrection, just as two clouds, two spaces of shade or two lines of (flying) birds

I forgot this.
In Tafsir ibn Kathir, it is said that any muslim who recites the dua of Yunus will surely have his prayer answered
So the Op should recite it compulsively
Quran 21 : 87 Laa Illah, ila anta Subhanaka inni kuntun mina dhalimiin (There is no deity worthy of worship but You, Glorified be You! Truly, I have been of the wrongdoers.)

'No Muslim ever prays to his Lord with these words for anything, but He will answer his prayer.)'
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2628&Itemid=76

Allah knows best
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
Just seeing this.

That's a classic case of jinn at work, especially the terrible dream part. Some jinns aim to destroy marriages.

May Allah protect us all.

Constantly recite ayatul kursiyy, suratul falaq, ikhlas, Nas before you sleep. Get ruqya cassettes or CDs and play constantly in your household.

Do plenty of ibaadats, tahajjud etc as much as you have capacity.

Have complete trust in Allah that it will soon be over.

Live your life normally, work hard for your living.

It will be over insha Allah.

If after, say, 6 months, it hasn't gone completely, I'm available to introduce you to scholars on exorcism/jinn to help out further, within the purview of Qur'an and Sunnah.

1 Like

Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Nobody: 4:17am On Dec 27, 2012
I am not a muslim but will tell you this God is not testing you. This is purely the work of a fallen angel commonly called spirit husband. You need to take a firm stand and rebuke it. No joke otherwise if care is not taken 5 yrs later you will still be talking same story.

This is not a matter of be strong and continue to endure this is a matter of deliverance from this demon. Since you are a muslim I cannot offer further advice all I will say is fight this until you are free and always remember God loves you he didn't create you for any demon to use you as he pleases but for you and your husband to enjoy yourselves,to be fruitful and multiply spiritually,physically and materially.

1 Like

Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by maclatunji: 6:31am On Dec 27, 2012
^Yawns at that.

2 Likes

Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by snubish: 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
andromida: I am not a muslim but will tell you this God is not testing you. This is purely the work of a fallen angel commonly called spirit husband. You need to take a firm stand and rebuke it. No joke otherwise if care is not taken 5 yrs later you will still be talking same story.

This is not a matter of be strong and continue to endure this is a matter of deliverance from this demon. Since you are a muslim I cannot offer further advice all I will say is fight this until you are free and always remember God loves you he didn't create you for any demon to use you as he pleases but for you and your husband to enjoy yourselves,to be fruitful and multiply spiritually,physically and materially.

here we go.
they hav com again wit dia easy com easy go mentality. any one who is poor, sick or going through any form of difficulty is surely under demonic attack. even those that die young must have been commiting some kind of sin secretly.
this is why they keep running from church to church, pillar to post looking for wetin no loss.
there are seasons of life: drought and flood, winter and spring, dry and rainy seasons. same goes for the human condition: sometimes you win sometimes you lose.
we do not go along with this your ideology madame, carry you epistle elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
andromida: I am not a muslim but will tell you this God is not testing you. This is purely the work of a fallen angel commonly called spirit husband. You need to take a firm stand and rebuke it. No joke otherwise if care is not taken 5 yrs later you will still be talking same story.

Islam actually has a very comprehensive explanation for it - how to go about dealing with it etc. We don't believe it's some 'fallen angel'. It's jinn - another creature of God that have the good and bad ones among them and the evil ones interfere in human affairs.

Thanks all the same for teh sincere - even if wrong - advice.
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2012
snubish:

here we go.
they hav com again wit dia easy com easy go mentality. any one who is poor, sick or going through any form of difficulty is surely under demonic attack. even those that die young must have been commiting some kind of sin secretly.
this is why they keep running from church to church, pillar to post looking for wetin no loss.
there are seasons of life: drought and flood, winter and spring, dry and rainy seasons. same goes for the human condition: sometimes you win sometimes you lose.
we do not go along with this your ideology madame, carry you epistle elsewhere.

Seasons of life. Very true but since this is now a seasons of life matter. Have you also experienced this and has every other woman or is every other woman experiencing this? Are there seasons where women experience this jinn stuff.
Anyway op will do what's best for her.
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2012
Jarus:
Islam actually has a very comprehensive explanation for it - how to go about dealing with it etc. We don't believe it's some 'fallen angel'. It's jinn - another creature of God that have the good and bad ones among them and the evil ones interfere in human affairs.

Thanks all the same for teh sincere - even if wrong - advice.

Even fallen angels are creatures of God.God made all things.I gave the op an advice not to tolerate or carry about an endure mentality which exists amongst christians too.I didn't tell her how to go about fighting the jinn so why the defense.Op knws what she is going through may God help her.
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by maclatunji: 2:17pm On Dec 29, 2012
andromida:

Seasons of life. Very true but since this is now a seasons of life matter. Have you also experienced this and has every other woman or is every other woman experiencing this? Are there seasons where women experience this jinn stuff.
Anyway op will do what's best for her.

We cannot and will not experience the same problems/blessings in life. It is ignorant to claim that certain people are too special to have certain problems which is what your first post in this thread was subtly inferring and that is quite common amongst Christians at least in Nigeria.

Show me a person without sorrow or distress in this world.
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by oludaniels: 2:30pm On Dec 29, 2012

@andromida i wanted to post something similar as the first commentator when i saw the post but knowing that its a muslim affair, i had ro tread with loads of caution. You are very right on your post. I know about djinns very well because i had part of my eduation in the north amidst staunch islamic faithfuls. Has i said earlier, i won't comment but you are very right @ op-->>and if i have to buttress further, let her try her faith options, maybe after it has destroyed beyond recognition after five years she would wake up." It came to steal, kill and destroy" those are the stages it would follow, just watch out. If the jinn is removed another way its going to take something precious of yours along with it. Thats a fact! Please go and search for a real muslim that had your experience please.

Disclaimer:
This is a free opinion forum
N.B.
All the Alfas here i dey hail o! @maclatunji @jarus et al
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by tbaba1234: 2:54pm On Dec 29, 2012
^ Like Jarus said, Islam has a very comprehensive discussion on the actions of Jinn and a tested and trusted way of dealing with it. Changing faith is not an option for a muslim who understands the depth and beauty of this faith. Thanks anyway for your unsolicited advice.

For more about Jinns: Read

Ibn Tamiyyah essay on the Jinn

http://kalamullah.com/Books/Ibn%20Taymiyahs%20Essay%20on%20the%20Jinn.pdf

I encourage everyone to read this.
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by maclatunji: 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2012
^LOL
Re: How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2012
maclatunji:

We cannot and will not experience the same problems/blessings in life. It is ignorant to claim that certain people are too special to have certain problems which is what your first post in this thread was subtly inferring and that is quite common amongst Christians at least in Nigeria.

Show me a person without sorrow or distress in this world.

I infered no such thing from my first post. The walk of faith in God will have challenges at no point did God promise a challenge free life.But he did promise to be with us in all our distresses.

Now some distress are beyond us,some are to be endured for a period for reasons best known to God and many we can pray and overcome.

I don't know why you pray but I pray For help,deliverance,mercy,peace,to fellowship with God amongst other things and as an act of submission to an all knowing God

This particular challenge I cannot agree to be a seasonal challenge.A lot of women have experienced it and overcome it.I am not advicing her on how to go about it but I still reiterate do not take the siddon look approach or endurance approach.

You do not have to be a christian to encounter the healing benefits of a walk in christ the bible is full of stories of outsiders whom Jesus healed just because they had faith in him. However it is a beautiful thing to be adopted from servanthood to sonship which is what being a christian is about.

I wish op speedy help from God.Peace and God knows best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Differences Between Angels And Jinn / Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day / What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.