Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,840 members, 7,802,690 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Atheists Holiday. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Holiday. (513 Views)

Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit / Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up / Dawkins Tells Atheists To "Mock Religion With Contempt," And Ravi's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Atheists Holiday. by hakunajay(m): 11:59am On Dec 25, 2012
An Atheist brought up a case against the Christmas holiday. He hired a lawyer to bring a discrimination case against Christians and Muslims concerning observation of their Holy Days. The argument was that it was unfair that Atheists had no such recognised days. The case was brought before a Judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the Lawyer, the Judge banged his gavel declaring; "Case dismissed." The Lawyer quickly stood up, objecting to the ruling and said; "Your honour, how can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others. The Muslims have Id-el-kabir, Id-el-fitri and others. But my client and other Atheists have no such holidays."
The Judge leaned forward in his chair and said; "Your client and other Atheists have. It is just that your client is woefully ignorant." The Lawyer said; "Your honour, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for Atheists. The Judge responded; "The calendar says April 1st is April Fool's day. Psalm 14 verse 1 says, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.' It is the opinion of this court that, if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day."
"Case Dismissed !!"
Re: Atheists Holiday. by AtheistD(m): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2012
^^^^^

Bravo. That is the true Xmas spirit. By calling Atheists fools grin
Re: Atheists Holiday. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 25, 2012
hakunajay: An Atheist brought up a case against the Christmas holiday. He hired a lawyer to bring a discrimination case against Christians and Muslims concerning observation of their Holy Days. The argument was that it was unfair that Atheists had no such recognised days. The case was brought before a Judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the Lawyer, the Judge banged his gavel declaring; "Case dismissed." The Lawyer quickly stood up, objecting to the ruling and said; "Your honour, how can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others. The Muslims have Id-el-kabir, Id-el-fitri and others. But my client and other Atheists have no such holidays."
The Judge leaned forward in his chair and said; "Your client and other Atheists have. It is just that your client is woefully ignorant." The Lawyer said; "Your honour, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for Atheists. The Judge responded; "The calendar says April 1st is April Fool's day. Psalm 14 verse 1 says, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.' It is the opinion of this court that, if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day."
"Case Dismissed !!"

Good afternoon,

I must say that your post made me laugh but I think it's a blow below the belt. Let's try and be civil.

Matthew 5:22
"22 But now I tell you: if you are angry with your brother you will be brought to trial, if you call your brother ‘You good-for-nothing!’ you will be brought before the Council, and if you call your brother a worthless fool you will be in danger of going to the fire of hell."

Thanks and a merry Christmas.

(1) (Reply)

What Topic Did Your Pastor Teach This Sunday? / (mark Of The Beast) The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand / Lost Or Saved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.