Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Steps To Increase Your Internet Speed For Free - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Steps To Increase Your Internet Speed For Free (604 Views)

Top Ten(10) Ways To Increase Your Ctr / Do Nigerians Use Google To Test Internet Speed Rather Than Search? / Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Steps To Increase Your Internet Speed For Free by pbglobal: 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
The Internet speed of your computer will improve your Web-browsing experience. Depending on the interne connection you are using,
To do this, you will need to enable Compound TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) in Windows to increase throughput for your connection. You will also be able to increase Internet speed by making some changes in the configuration of your Firefox Web browser.

Step1: Enable Compound TCP

Install the SG TCP Optimizer to automatically set options in the registry (Recommended)
or
Double-click the "Start" menu and locate "Run." Type "Cmd" into the text box and push in "Enter" button.or use the search option to look for it. It will display a DOS window.
Type "cd.." and push the "Enter" button. you need to repeat this to access the root of the C drive.
After that Type "netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp" and press the "Enter" button.
Close the DOS window.
Step2:Setting the Firefox Browser
Open the Firefox program.
Type "about:config" into the address bar. Type "network" into the Filter text box.
Scroll to "network.http.pipelining." Right click the name and select the option for "Toggle." This will automatically change the setting from "False" to "True."
Right-click the option for "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" and select "Modify." type "8" into the box and click "OK" button.
You will need to restart the browser for the changes to take effect.
Source of Information : h[url]ttp://www.baricblog.com/2012/12/how-to-your-increase-internet-speed-for.html[/url][b][/b]
Re: Steps To Increase Your Internet Speed For Free by venus15: 7:18am On Jun 08, 2013
Thanks for your kind information.It's very useful sharing to improve my internet speed.Now i have better internet speed.Finally i had checked my internet speed at ScanMySpeed.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Needs help on Domain Name And Copyright Infringement / Green Mouse Success From Web Designing / What Do I Do To This Website That Copy All My Content To His Own?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.