Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:11 PM

My Appreciation Letter To 2012 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Appreciation Letter To 2012 (7242 Views)

A Thread For Appreciation For Our Literature Section Amazing Authors! / Your Valedictory Speech To 2012 / The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dear 2012,

I feel so sad you are about leaving for good…the memories of the time we spent together will linger in my heart forever. I remember the very day we met, It was a very lonely and depressed night for me when every of my friends have gone to church while some went to party….I was down with the feeling of unaccomplishment. That very night I locked myself up in the room, resting my head on a wet pillow and gripped with the thoughts of taking my life.

Soon it was about 11:55pm and the never ending bangs of fireworks kept resounding, I never received any sms nor calls from anyone cos I didn't send any neither did I call to wish anyone a happy new year….all these made me realize how forgotten and meaningless my life was, I felt so useless and unimportant but in a twinkle of an eye I began of have a rethink, these feeling of confidence began to show up, I wiped my tears and laughed uncontrollably for no reason then I told myself I was never going to make a wish or resolution cos the one's I made in the subsequent years was never manifested. Few minutes later I met you, and you told me to stay focused even though nothing was working so good for me, you told me to smile even when I am hurt, you said I should never beg when I don't have, i should be happy even if the price of Garri rises.

A week after we met was my birthday, I had no penny to celebrate it, I couldn't even buy myself a birthday card since I got none from anyone but your words of advice kept echoing in my ears, I smiled and believed you had a surprise for me which you didn't want to reveal…….here am I today, months rolled by with huge unbelievable surprises and still counting before you leave.

I am writing in appreciation of the house you provided me, the smiles you put through my face all through the time we spent together, you turned my business from grass to grace, took me from zero to hero level, added digits to my finance, provided me unexpected visa and most importantly kept me alive….I did not expected this as I wished for nothing when we met. All I can say is thank you so much.

Please let your younger brother 2013 know that I am a grateful person who appreciates every little thing and you left some of my projects uncompleted, he should carry on from where you will stop as I believe he can do better than you did once you pass your wisdom to him.

Thank you so much once again as I see you off to the exit terminal in the next few days.

Colly.

31 Likes

Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by Cuddlemii: 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2012
^Appreciation is hard to find.
We live our lives, like, we are the only ones, that make things possible.
We forget to be thankful to others - the ones who made significant impacts in our lives.
Way to go Colly!
Merry Xmas boo boo
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 25, 2012
Cuddlemii: ^Appreciation is hard to find.
We live our lives, like, we are the only ones, that make things possible.
We forget to be thankful to others - the ones who made significant impacts in our lives.
Way to go Colly!
Merry Xmas boo boo

Merry Christmas to you too Cuddlemii....No man is an island like the saying goes. Sometimes critics get more kudos as they always present a stepping stone to greater heights.
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by faporori24: 6:18pm On Dec 25, 2012
4th to comment heheheheh i will make it to first soon but how can we use this to buy chicken for market leave me alone nairalander make i drink ogogoro jare
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by Screwface(m): 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2012
faporori24: 4th to comment heheheheh i will make it to first soon but how can we use this to buy chicken for market leave me alone nairalander make i drink ogogoro jare
I had to check ur other posts and threds you've opened in the past just to get a clearer view of your person. I honestly thought you were a teenager exhibing this youthful vibes. But allas,you are supposedly and adult.
Sir,pray,tell,what's with this first/2nd/3rd to comment jagons your group of followers now indulge in? Does Seun pay the first ten people that comment on any thread?
Is there a satisfaction you kind derive from knowing you commented first on a thread?
Does this your actions make you anything but an adult?
I am tired of your kind,sir. Grow some senses. The new year approaches.
Thank you.
A merry christmas to you.

14 Likes

Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by xreal2(m): 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
Screwface:
I had to check ur other posts and threds you've opened in the past just to get a clearer view of your person. I honestly thought you were a teenager exhibing this youthful vibes. But allas,you are supposedly and adult.
Sir,pray,tell,what's with this first/2nd/3rd to comment jagons your group of followers now indulge in? Does Seun pay the first ten people that comment on any thread?
Is there a satisfaction you kind derive from knowing you commented first on a thread?
Thank you.
shocked shocked
@faporori am shaming on ur behalf
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
LOL, Screwface is passionately pissed off wit this 1st & 2nd to comment issue, so guyz kindly stop those sh!tss.
@topic, i cant wait 2 say farewell to 2012!
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by mallorca(m): 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
x-real:
shocked shocked
make i join u to cry on his behalf cry cry
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by AnOlAd: 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dear 2012,I remember vividly the night u arrived,I was sleeping on the chair of Igbogbi hospital watching my husband who survived a drastic accident.....I thank God above all u didn't make me a Widow..... U have brought so much both good and bad,and have learnt soooo much about myself in a very hard way,u have been a year of self discovery... But am still so grateful and I show my appreciation for so many uncountable blessings.... Thanks Op for such a topic....

5 Likes

Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by mallorca(m): 6:44pm On Dec 25, 2012
Screwface:
Thank you.
see vexination grin grin
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 25, 2012
Op. Great Job.
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by promisengr(m): 6:55pm On Dec 25, 2012
This 1st and 2nd to comment shit has gat to stop! angry Any way nice post @ op
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by vallycan: 6:56pm On Dec 25, 2012
It's indeed a nice apreciation for hardwork,progress n realization of dreamz believin for a manifestation of 2013, price more colly:
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
2012,I must thank you,but I have series of unfufilled projects,and some failed projects too. I hope,and pray 2013 will be better.
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by solelymade: 7:07pm On Dec 25, 2012
Let me compromise wit dis OP in appreciation. 2012,a year of self discovery 4 me also. I luv u
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
Nice write up Op. What more can I write to say goodbye 2 2012. I ll miss dz year just lyk oda yrs. Bt I gv God glory 4 upgrading me 2 be more financially stable.
2013 is Loading...
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 25, 2012
i made the 1st page

1 Like

Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by Uchechrist06(m): 7:18pm On Dec 25, 2012
Nice post dear, pray n hope i wil b countin my blessings wen 2013 z coming 2 an end as u r counting urs at d end of ds 2012. Amen!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by Uniquexty(f): 7:25pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dat was inspiring
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by k2039: 7:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
honeypie311: LOL, Screwface is passionately pissed off wit this 1st & 2nd to comment issue, so guyz kindly stop those sh!tss.
@topic, i cant wait 2 say farewell to 2012!
More reason we all have to start reporting them through the report button, I can't wait for them to be banned, the more ban that is ditched out the lesser the number of kids we have left on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by k2039: 7:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
At Op, showing appreciation to a year is just plain stupidity

2 Likes

Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by simdam500(m): 7:33pm On Dec 25, 2012
Wat urs wit d pple that post(1st, 2nd or 3rd) to comment. Thread on nairaland it a choice(i.e either u follow or unfollow, it is either u post or not). One man's meat is anoda man's poison, it whose prob if i find pleasure in commentin 1st, 3rd or 4th to comment. Feel free to post urs and let d thread move on. Abeg o.

@Op. I'll miss u 2012, but we already made d deal at first dat u will come and will surely go. Now let bygone be bygone!!!
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 25, 2012
Thanks to all those who realized the beauty 2012 brought into their lives inspite of the little lases we must have encountered one way or the other. 2013 will seems so bright already....God bless us all
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by HARDDON: 7:42pm On Dec 25, 2012
Although i feel d flow, i must Saч dis was a total Misplaced appreciation:

Dear God, tis you I'd rada give all d glory ƒoя thus far , you kept us all .

I'm truely grateful!

Give ♏ԑ d heart to help d broken hearted. More grace to be that channel of blessings

But above all, when i'v eaten and are full, the humbleness to return all praise to you !

We grateful!

1 Like

Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
k2039: At Op, showing appreciation to a year is just plain stupidity

My dear I will say dat is your opinion...if you didn't see any good thing dis year don't be mad cos 2013 will shower its blessings on you.
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by k2039: 7:55pm On Dec 25, 2012
colly227:

My dear I will say dat is your opinion...if you didn't see any good thing dis year don't be mad cos 2013 will shower its blessings on you.
When did 2013 become a blessing showerer.

It's your decisions that will determine what kind of year 2013 will be.

So for those that will die in 2013, does that mean they will offend 2013 or to those who died this year does it mean they offended 2012.

SMH.
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by twentycent(m): 7:56pm On Dec 25, 2012
x-real:
shocked shocked

@faporori..let me join to shame on ur behalf cos u were floored real bad on this ur first to comment tingy.
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 25, 2012
k2039:
When did 2013 become a blessing showerer.

It's your decisions that will determine what kind of year 2013 will be.

So for those that will die in 2013, does that mean they will offend 2013 or to those who died this year does it mean they offended 2012.

SMH.

You just made your decision.
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by excondido(m): 8:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
wish i could say the same but after a quick review we are all winners being alive.
Re: My Appreciation Letter To 2012 by nollywood20: 8:07pm On Dec 25, 2012
2012 has been my most successful year so far since I started professional blogging and writing.
I am really very glad and grateful to God for making 2012 an awesome year of favours for me and my family.
I give God all the glory.
HALLELUJAH!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? / The District Officer's Daughter / Flames Of Desire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.