Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service (22156 Views)

Nigerian Troops Claim They Killed 100 Boko Haram Militants In Yobe(photos) / Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Church, Kill Six / Soldiers Shoot Worshippers In Kaduna , Kill Six (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by kakakibuy(m): 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2012
Gunmen attacked a church in volatile northern Nigeria during a Christmas Eve service, killing six people including the pastor, before setting the building ablaze, residents and police said Tuesday, as the pope deplored "savage acts of terrorism" against Christians in Africa's most populous nation.

The raid in Yobe state is the latest violence likely to be blamed on radical Islamist sect Boko Haram, which has repeatedly targeted churches during times of worship, including multiple attacks last year on Christmas Day, during its deadly insurgency.

In his traditional Christmas message from the Vatican, Pope Benedict XVI prayed for "concord in Nigeria, where savage acts of terrorism continue to reap victims, particularly among Christians".

Boko Haram attacks have often targeted churches, as well as police and other symbols of the establishment in Nigeria. Violence linked to the insurgency is believed to have left some 3,000 people dead since 2009, including killings by the security forces.

"A group of gunmen came into the village at midnight and went straight to the church," said Usman Mansir, a resident of Peri village near Potiskum, the economic capital of Yobe.

"They opened fire on them, killing the pastor and five worshippers. They then set fire to the church," he added, specifying that a branch of the Evangelical Church of West Africa (ECWA) was targeted.

A senior police official in Yobe confirmed the details of the attack to AFP, but declined to be named, while Yobe's police chief Sanusi Rufa'i said "this is a security issue" and refused to comment further.

The head of the Christian Association of Nigeria in Yobe, Idi Garba, told AFP that many worshippers at ECWA "are still missing."

"I have been informed that six bodies have been recovered," Garba said, adding that some who lived near the church "fled their homes during the attack and it is assumed that they are still hiding in the bush."

Residents reported that the gunmen also set fire to several of the homes surrounding the church.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/nigeria-gunmen-kill-six-midnight-church-140457125.html
Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by nduchucks: 4:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
May their souls RIP.

To be honest with you, Nigerians were expecting this sad news and are actually surprised that the sad event had not occurred prior to now.

This is becoming unbearable. GEJ may have to go or resign before 2015.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by geeez: 4:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
Not again!
Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by kakakibuy(m): 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
May their souls RIP. angry
Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by okosodo: 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
The favourite passtime of fulani people is going to the church to kill christians. What is giving them the liver is that christians are cowards, yes they are.

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by nduchucks: 4:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
okosodo: The favourite passtime of fulani people is going to the church to kill christians. What is giving them the liver is that christians are cowards, yes they are.

You are worse than a bush rat for the statement above. What do Fulani people have to do with the acts carried out by terroristic murderers? mumu

11 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by AbdulAdam56(m): 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
We hope Insha allah all dis wil be history one day,hmm sad news R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 25, 2012
okosodo: The favourite passtime of fulani people is going to the church to kill christians. What is giving them the liver is that christians are cowards, yes they are.
its probably some Kanuris, not likely going to be Fulanis!
Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
Thank God it wasnt as bloody as last year.RIP to those who lost their lives.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by ikeyman00(m): 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2012
@@@@@@@@@

May their souls RIP.

To be honest with you, Nigerians were expecting this sad news and are actually surprised that the sad event had not occurred prior to now.

This is becoming unbearable. GEJ may have to go or resign before 201

resign or not the way things are set up in the north will always bring more killing in the name of allah and associate

things need to change and u know it! lipsrsealed

carry on pretending

we are watching the superior culture side of nijiria

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by mrkels(m): 4:36pm On Dec 25, 2012
Imagine.
Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
Omo na wa o
Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by freegaza(m): 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
Today was very peaceful...Boko haram have been completely crippled and they wil soon be over...ask anybody in maiduguri they wil tel you

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by Iaz93: 4:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
What The Fucck Is This ??
RIP
Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 25, 2012
berem: Thank God it wasnt as bloody as last year.RIP to those who lost their lives.
Have you taken your medications this evening? you thank GOD. for what? Even if it is a soul that is killed, so, it doesnt matter so long as it is no as bloody as last year. You really need help fast before you start roaming the streets n.aked.

@ topic, not again, to the victims RIP.

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by seanet01: 5:00pm On Dec 25, 2012
ndu_chucks: May their souls RIP.

This is becoming unbearable. GEJ may have to go or resign before 2015.
Na sanpona go severe the fingers you used to type this nonsense.
No be your arrogant leaders over there in the North established boko haram?
My only regret is the fools associating this with Buhari and the near naivity of elretardo to bomb the north back to stone age.
Anyway pdp is boko haram. While arewas are the foot soldiers

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
That is good news! I hope they will be eliminated totally.people have really lost their lives.thumbs up to JTF
freegaza: Today was very peaceful...Boko haram have been completely crippled and they wil soon be over...ask anybody in maiduguri they wil tel you
Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by abbeycial: 5:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
Rip to d dead...but i tink evry1 should just pray hard and get weponized.
If evry damn abled person gets a weapon,dis idiotas wld nt dare to attack anyone.
It wld be jungle justice which is beta dan been massacred helplessly

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by TableLeg(m): 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
Lord have mercy cry
Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by nduchucks: 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2012
seanet01: Na sanpona go severe the fingers you used to type this nonsense.
No be your arrogant leaders over there in the North established boko haram?
My only regret is the fools associating this with Buhari and the near naivity of elretardo to bomb the north back to stone age.
Anyway pdp is boko haram. While arewas are the foot soldiers

Who/what da heck is sanpona? You seems like a confused boy, olodo. There is enouh blame to go around, now is the time to fight this war, your President is not fighting hence you are losing. mumu

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by ceejay80s(m): 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2012
Is it not yet time for us to fight back? If we start eye for an eye, them go tire

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by omenziate(m): 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
Hmmm, I had predicted it , I just had d feeling. Some will tell us they are Kanuri, some say they are Hausa's, others say they are Fulanis. Well, me say Fcccuk dem, fuCCck their god and fccccuk whatever and whoever inspires dem to kill defenceless citizens and fccccuk d ideology dat created dis bastards. RIP to the galant soldiers of Christ. Merry Xmas to all Christians.

10 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by izenco2005(m): 5:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
cry
Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by claremont(m): 5:42pm On Dec 25, 2012
donchris33:
Have you taken your medications this evening? you thank GOD. for what? Even if it is a soul that is killed, so, it doesnt matter so long as it is no as bloody as last year. You really need help fast before you start roaming the streets n.aked.

@ topic, not again, to the victims RIP.
Guy, the statement tire me sef oh! How can a learned and sane human being 'thank God' that 6 people have been murdered in cold blood?! Some statements are shocking to say the least.

R.I.P to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by akinnux(m): 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2012
Arise O Lord and let your enemies be scattered. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by hollypagan: 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2012
This gunmen are from other countries like niger,chad and mali this is not nigerians but they are sponsored by nigerians to distablise our current government to create an islamic nation which is not possible in the earth ,iam from south east i still believe in one nigeria
Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by akinnux(m): 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2012
Arise O Lord and let your enemies be scattered. Amen

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by ceejay80s(m): 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2012
I blame christians, wetin dem find go there? Daily bread my foot. Leave dat God foresaken land and let me see if they will come and bomb any church in lagos or anambra
Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by Icecomrade: 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2012
Christains should attack mosque on a friday and waste some of these motherfuckers in retaliation, let them feel d pain people go through.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by Tariqh: 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2012
ikeyman00: @@@@@@@@@

resign or not the way things are set up in the north will always bring more killing in the name of allah and associate

things need to change and u know it! lipsrsealed

carry on pretending

we are watching the superior culture side of nijiria
U are fuckin' daft

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
Are people still living in those tensed areas,or still going to church?
Why can't the people just shun any form of gathering,to prevent this bigot from carrying out their dastard act.
Avoiding such places isnt an act of cowardice,but common sense.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Six In Yobe Christmas Church Service by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
I think you should get glasses.did i thank God that people died? Didnt you understand the simple english i wrote? Smh
claremont:
Guy, the statement tire me sef oh! How can a learned and sane human being 'thank God' that 6 people have been murdered in cold blood?! Some statements are shocking to say the least.

R.I.P to the dead.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial / PDP Announces ‘amnesty’ For Sheriff, Cairo, Others / Senate Panel Presents Buhari’s Impeachment Report Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.