Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,122 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

My XBOX 360 Arcade Disc Drive Does Not Open Anymore - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / My XBOX 360 Arcade Disc Drive Does Not Open Anymore (3505 Views)

Need A Hardrive For Xbox 360 Arcade / Proper Video Arcade Center In Nigeria / Arcade Game ::::: Sumurai Jack :::::: Click To Play (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My XBOX 360 Arcade Disc Drive Does Not Open Anymore by funkys: 8:39pm On Dec 25, 2012
Please anyone with some useful advice
Re: My XBOX 360 Arcade Disc Drive Does Not Open Anymore by Nobody: 5:49am On Dec 26, 2012
here are a few suggestions i got for you from another forum i will post it in the next response. hopefully sp@mb0t won't get me. tongue
Re: My XBOX 360 Arcade Disc Drive Does Not Open Anymore by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 26, 2012
from: http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox/915780-xbox/answers?qid=52373

OPTION 1
Not 100% clear on the question, but I recently started using my original Xbox again. The tray would not open. I was not willing to buy a new one or even take it in for repairs, being such an old system. So, knowing the risk, I used a butter knife to gently pry on the upper part of the tray. GENTLY. With some prying, and pressing the eject button a few times, I eventually got it to open. (took about ten minutes). Then I gently used my hands to pull the tray to open all the way, every time it re-opened partially. Now, it opens completely fine, with no need of any prying or pulling. My guess is MS just sucks at making hardware, and I do not recommend leaving a disc in. I suspect (at least for me) it's a time thing. Use the system often, it keeps the gears working properly. Stop use for a few months, it may need a reminder sort of speak.

OPTION 2
Take a paperclip, open it up, and slowly jam it in the little hole located a fraction of an inch below the disc tray, right where the design kinks inwards. It'll force it open in the even of a jam or broken eject button.

OPTION 3
Ha i had this same exact prolem. After hours of extended youtubing(heh),i found a way to unjam the drive with no tools or threat of damaging the inside of your system. Although people will say tapping on the top of your system works i have learned...it doesnt. This method is simple. So simple a toddler could do it. 1.) Press Eject. 2.) While system is trying to eject use your fingernails (DO NOT USE A TOOL IT COULD RUIN THE SYSTEM) and pull up on the tray. About as hard as you would if your window was stuck. 3.)it should open if you hold it long enough. 4.)repeat as needed.

HOPE THIS HELPED!

smiley smiley
And remember to check out the link if these don't work.
Or you could do what guy # 3 did and google/youtube for solutions.
Re: My XBOX 360 Arcade Disc Drive Does Not Open Anymore by jainus: 9:30pm On Jan 23, 2013
its a mechnizym fault most oftent causde by dust, simply call 07085199855
if u cant get it open for fixing.

(1) (Reply)

Which Games Are You Stuck On? / Brand New Playstation 4 Mint In Package, For Sale / Board Game Trivia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.