Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,912 members, 7,806,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. (4548 Views)

How To Reset The Maintenance Light On A Toyota Camry / Help- Vsa/caution Light On 08 Honda Pilot / 2005 Audi A4 Vs 2000 Honda Accord (baby Boy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by blackmann(m): 11:25am On Feb 20, 2008
The "maintenance req'd" light on my Honda baby boy remains on. it has been like that ever since i aquired it about a month ago. What could be the reason behind this? I've done all possible maintenances i thought of(oil change, plugs, even body works, though i know that won't count). i've replaced all things that needed to be replaced, but still this light remains on? what do u think i can do? i don't have a scanner, i would have just attached it to the brainbox. any help is welcome.
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by rjimid(m): 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2008
I will try to help you. Give me a little more information. It is NOT a "check engine" light? It does say " maint. req."?? What is the year, and model, of your Honda? The "maint. req." light usually just indicates it is time for an oil change. But, the reset procedure differs by model and year.
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by arsenal4va(m): 12:37pm On Feb 20, 2008
if you are in ikeja or ilupeju , area , let me know , will help u do it , free of charge wink ,

i presume ur babyboy is from 2000- 2002
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by blackmann(m): 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2008
arsenal4va:

if you are in ikeja or ilupeju , area , let me know , will help u do it , free of charge wink ,

i presume your babyboy is from 2000- 2002

Unfortunately, am in Abuja sad. and yes, it's a 2001 model american specs honda accord. would have been glad for ur help. thanx anyway.
rjimid:

I will try to help you. Give me a little more information. It is NOT a "check engine" light? It does say " maint. req."?? What is the year, and model, of your Honda? The "maint. req." light usually just indicates it is time for an oil change. But, the reset procedure differs by model and year.

nope. it's not the check engine light. that one turns off as soon as the buzzing in the gas tank ends and i turn the car on. yes, it does say maint. req. i've done the oil change already, but it still remains on. the car is a 2001 Honda accord LX model. here is the pix.

Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by Delta007(m): 2:09pm On Feb 20, 2008
Perhaps the mechanic that did your maintenance doesnt know how to reset the light or there's other problems associated with the car. You might have to go see a Honda dealer so that they can read and interpret the codes and then you go from there.
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by arsenal4va(m): 2:38pm On Feb 20, 2008
u dont need any honda dealer , to do it foru

do the following ,

on the dash board , there is a reset button , the one on the right

ok now put the key in the ignition and turn it to the second level and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds , now turn the ignition key to the 3rd level where u see the lights come on , still holding the reset button , hold it for another 10 seconds , and u shud see the light go off ,

cheers

this shud do it
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by Delta007(m): 2:54pm On Feb 20, 2008
arsenal4va:

u don't need any honda dealer , to do it foru

do the following ,

ok now put the key in the ignition and turn it to the second level and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds , now turn the ignition key to the 3rd level where u see the lights come on , still holding the reset button , hold it for another 10 seconds , and u should see the light go off ,

cheers

this should do it
What if after resetting, the light comes back on?  undecided
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by blackmann(m): 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2008
thanks dudes. i'll try arenal's method when i get home.
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by chikeze(m): 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2008
arsenal4va:

u don't need any honda dealer , to do it foru

do the following ,

ok now put the key in the ignition and turn it to the second level and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds , now turn the ignition key to the 3rd level where u see the lights come on , still holding the reset button , hold it for another 10 seconds , and u should see the light go off ,

cheers

this should do it

if it doesnt work i think the sensor has a problem it happend to my nieghbour. also good luck dude wink
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by blackmann(m): 3:43pm On Feb 22, 2008
GOODY!!!! the light went off. thanx dudes!!!
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by sheni: 11:12pm On Feb 22, 2008
arsenal4va,

Don't listen to all dis other guys wey b say na only moni dem know about!

Please can u help out - just bought a 1998 Honda Odyssey and the 'CHECK ENGINE' light comes on once u start the car, ve taken it to a so called Honda Mech. Who just rest the light - i guess - after driving for like 30mins the comes back on, I believe its a general problem n lots of people would be happy - If u can explain the reason for the light and possible solution.

Thanks a lot,
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by Delta007(m): 12:18am On Feb 23, 2008
sheni:

arsenal4va,

Don't listen to all this other guys wey b say na only moni them know about!

Please can u help out - just bought a 1998 Honda Odyssey and the 'CHECK ENGINE' light comes on once u start the car, ve taken it to a so called Honda Mech. Who just rest the light - i guess - after driving for like 30mins the comes back on, I believe its a general problem n lots of people would be happy - If u can explain the reason for the light and possible solution.

Thanks a lot,
The light comes on because there's obviously a problem with the vehicle. . .hence the "check engine" light. Resetting the light doesnt fix the problem. Unless the problem is obvious (or is a simple case of oil (filter) change), the only way u can fix the issue is for your mechanic to read/interpret the code and fix the problem otherwise, u'd just be deceiving yourself by resetting the light.
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by arsenal4va(m): 12:59am On Feb 23, 2008
yes that is true ; the check engine light comes on for a reason , though maybe not a very important reason ; may be a emission problem or something related ;
am not an expert ; but maybe ivvie or sienna or sultan may be able to advice u more on this issue

cheers and best of luc
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by princeonx: 1:03am On Feb 23, 2008
You better fix it fast before is comes on your BABY GIRL  grin

Thanks for the picture! atleast I now know what car you guys call that crap!

One day I'll find out which one is Bulldog
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by jenju(m): 7:19pm On Feb 23, 2008

Thanks a lot,

When your Check Engine light comes on, you need to go to a mechanic that has a OBD II automobile computer system information scanner. That scanner will display a code that will reveal the problem area.  You need to do it as soon as possible and I will not recommend continuing to drive the car without addressing the problem.

Start with the following easy steps. Make sure that your gasoline tank is closed properly, your engine oil dip stick, and transmission fluid dip stick are properly closed. If you are lucky the light may go off otherwise your problem could range from oxygen sensor to a more serious problems. Only a scan will reveal the real problem.

Cheers
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by sheni: 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2008
jenju:

When your Check Engine light comes on, you need to go to a mechanic that has a OBD II automobile computer system information scanner. That scanner will display a code that will reveal the problem area.  You need to do it as soon as possible and I will not recommend continuing to drive the car without addressing the problem.

Start with the following easy steps. Make sure that your gasoline tank is closed properly, your engine oil dip stick, and transmission fluid dip stick are properly closed. If you are lucky the light may go off otherwise your problem could range from oxygen sensor to a more serious problems. Only a scan will reveal the real problem.

Cheers

Thanks a lot Jenu - please can i be refered to any good machanic in Lagos that has a "OBD II automobile computer system information scanner". If i go Honda Place na cut dem go cut my neck! I beg oh! guys - dis na my babes car oh!
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by jenju(m): 6:08pm On Feb 24, 2008
sheni:

Thanks a lot Jenu - please can i be refered to any good machanic in Lagos that has a "OBD II automobile computer system information scanner". If i go Honda Place na cut them go cut my neck! I beg oh! guys - this na my babes car oh!

Sheni,

I'm sorry I can't provide any Mechanic's address in Lagos. I know a very good one in Abuja that has the said tool - this info will unfortunately not help you.
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by qimpex: 2:34am On Feb 25, 2008
Follow arsenal4va suggestion.Mtce reqd is normally reset by the Honda dealer after the required service has been done based on the mileage of the car. As for the check engine light, it might be due to little stuff like not locking you gas tank (always ensure that it clicks 3 times to guarantee that it is well locked), to problem with oxygen sensors(emission related). An OBD Scanner is a great tool that can confirm what the problem is. Best of luck
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by Emperoh(m): 7:54am On Nov 06, 2009
Threads like this should be kept at the top of the page!!
It can be very helpful!!! Just sorted me out now!!!
Thanks Arsenal4eva.!!
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by eros(m): 10:13am On Nov 06, 2009
Emperoh:

Threads like this should be kept at the top of the page!!
It can be very helpful!!! Just sorted me out now!!!
Thanks Arsenal4eva.!!

You are very correct. Threads like this should be kept alive.
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by Emperoh(m): 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2009
I tell you. . . . . . . i had to dig this thread up this morning
There was a particular one i was looking for but found this!!
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by waoosa(m): 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2009
Thanks to Arsenal 4. This is the reason you should order for a service manual or owners manual when you are getting your car if it doesn't come with one.

Lot of things are in the manual like resetting of maintainance required Light. This will save you lots of money.

Am in Warri and have service manual on CARINA E, BLUEBIRD, MAXIMA 1999 model-2002 model and alo CRV 2003 model. I am willing to release for warri guys to make photocopies if they are interested.
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by lanre2009: 5:14pm On Nov 06, 2009
Thanks all, i have had the maitenance light on for a while on my honda baby boy, but i followed the procedure outlined by Arsenal4eva, and it worked like magic, thank God for nairaland, cos i cant imagine how much i would have spent to fix this problem, Cheers!!!
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by Obeledu: 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2009
waoosa:

Thanks to Arsenal 4. This is the reason you should order for a service manual or owners manual when you are getting your car if it doesn't come with one.

Lot of things are in the manual like resetting of maintainance required Light. This will save you lots of money.

Am in Warri and have service manual on CARINA E, BLUEBIRD, MAXIMA 1999 model-2002 model and alo CRV 2003 model. I am willing to release for warri guys to make photocopies if they are interested.

Waoosa, are you a mechanic or do you know a mechanic that uses this OBD scanners to diagonise fault around Effurun.
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by Fhemmmy: 5:57pm On Nov 06, 2009
But pls make sure u actually did some maintenance oh, like change oil and service it.
Cos the light came on for a reason
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by waoosa(m): 6:35pm On Nov 06, 2009
Obeledu:

Waoosa, are you a mechanic or do you know a mechanic that uses this OBD scanners to diagonise fault around Effurun.
Obeledu, am not. I know a mechanic by wallis (ogunu) that has one. lots of mechanic have this.

getting one for urself will be better.
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by Obeledu: 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2009
waoosa:

Obeledu, am not. I know a mechanic by wallis (ogunu) that has one. lots of mechanic have this.

getting one for urself will be better.

Where do i get one to buy?
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by arsenal4va(m): 1:39pm On Nov 07, 2009
i bought mine on this site

http://www.equus.com/products.php?category_id=1_10_7

u can get one here in lagos but the prices might be very high lipsrsealed

i wud suggest the 3130 model and upwards as they give u an option of live data

good luck
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by sultaan(m): 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2009
I do have one I am going to put up for sale soon, its Actron 9145 almost brand new.
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by walecom4u: 7:05pm On Nov 07, 2009
Pls, help me my Honda baby boy car keepon display Malfuction Light always, what can i do pls?

walecom@yahoo.co.uk

THANKS ALOTS
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by arsenal4va(m): 7:39pm On Nov 07, 2009
which malfuntion light is it showing ?

cel ? maint reqd ? abs ?

be specific
Re: Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. by walecom4u: 2:34pm On Nov 08, 2009
Pls, help me my Honda baby boy car keep on display MAINTENANCE Malfuction Light always on the dashboard while on driving, what can i do pls?

walecom@yahoo.co.uk

THANKS ALOTS

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fuel Gauge Problem / Which Car Is Most Common On Naija Road? / DIY; Cleaning Dirty Headlights 2003 Accord (includes Front Bumper Removal)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.