Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,951 members, 7,803,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message (9269 Views)

President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians / Ankio Briggs Condemns Jonathan’s Broadcast / Fashola Condemns Jonathan's Action Over Salami ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by luluosas(m): 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
President Jonathan's Facebook followers inclusive:
Facebook friends slam Jonathan over Christmas message
December 26, 2012 by Temitayo Famutimi 164 Comments

President Goodluck Jonathan came under criticism from his Facebook friends on Tuesday after he posted his Christmas message on the social networking site.

The President in the message said he “personally” instructed government officials to make conditions favourable for Nigerians to celebrate the Yuletide.

The airports, he said, for instance, had been given a “facelift”, adding that the terminals were rehabilitated and the runways upgraded ahead of the festive season.

He wrote, “I want to seize this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a merry Christmas and a happy New Year in advance. I feel the pains of Nigerians and that is why this Yuletide I have personally instructed that our roads be worked on to enable you and your loved ones to travel safely for the holidays.

“Not done, we ensured that for the first time in decades, the cross country services (Lagos to Kano with stops in cities along the route) of the Nigerian Railway Corporation were revived just prior to the holidays to provide Nigerian masses with an inexpensive alternative to road and air transportation.

“This administration also took steps to increase power generation by remaining true to the Timelines of the Roadmap to Power Sector Reform, which has seen history made on Friday, December 21, when Nigeria’s power generation hit an all-time high of just over 4,500 MW.”

But no sooner had Jonathan posted the message on his wall than it was greeted with a barrage of criticisms from his friends.

While a few praised and advised the President on how to tackle the problems bedevilling the country, many others faulted his submissions.

One of his friends, Kaycee Aloy-Obi wrote, “Mr. President hold your greetings. You and your family are having great celebration. A litre of petrol is sold at N110-N120, against N97 which is the official price. There is unprecedented traffic jam on Ore-Benin road due to bad roads.

“People cannot go around to visit love ones because of insecurity. Bury your head in shame with your 4,500 MW when South Africa is generating 50,000 MW. It is paradoxical that many Nigerians are having dry Christmas in midst of plenty.”

Yusuf Suleiman, asked the president to match his words with actions, adding that his “advisers are not telling you the true picture of what is happening.”

He said, “In Nigeria today, under your watch, the country recorded the highest looting of our treasury, and you didn’t do anything. We also have seen how citizens were massacred, in fact, the highest since civil war ended (and) your government is not doing enough to stop that.”

Also, Bethel Vincent, wrote, “Haba! Mr. President, you know say lie no good at all. Why post something we have not witnessed, yet you refer to us as friends and fellow Nigerians. As I am talking to you, my flat is running on generator; Benin-Auchi road is filled with potholes and you are talking about airport, how (many) Nigerians can afford air transport?”

A friend, Ajoba David, wrote, “Sir, congratulations! Merry Christmas and a happy new year. What do we expect as a New Year gift come Tuesday, January 1st? Well, I hope it is not going to be another fuel subsidy razzmatazz like we experienced last year.

“Nevertheless, Nigerians have yet to recuperate from the fever that was injected into their veins last January as a result of the purportedly and verbally(sic) removal of the fuel subsidy which Nigerians have yet to see any sign of seriousness in bringing (those) culpable to book.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/facebook-friends-slam-jonathan-over-christmas-message/

Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by frevangel(m): 2:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
chess guru:
Guy relax jor, d simple truth is that when ppl hate u, they simply hate u, nd nothing u do can ever look good in their eyes.
I respect objective ppl, nd cpc is obviously biased.
Its a common fact dat GEJ has not lived up 2 expectation, but u cannot deny he has done one or two things right.
If he has been running a totally anti mass policy, then what he did 2 sanusi during d attempted introduction shld b called what?
There are 2 sides 2 every coin. Even as we review the excessive amount of 'messup' of the GEJ administration, we shld also remember the so called tiny or minute things dat ave also been done this year.
P.s let no nigerian b deceived that we have any opposition party in dis country. A real opposition party criticizes constructively, not J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ because they want 2 slight d presidency @ every given chance. None of them have an iota of patriotism. None of them have a shred of idealism,value, or manifesto for which they stand for.
I wouldn't even be surprised if they already ave a truck load of condemning responses 2 any speech d president has from now till 2015!!

Well said!!! My simple question, is how many times have they come out openly to condemn Boko Haram and the attack on Churches?! Shouldn't they be condemning the Christmas day attack rather than GEJ's facebook post? If they want to win the hearts of Nigerians maybe they should start by coming out to condemn every BH attack on Christians in the same North where they supposedly have "radical" supporters. Nay! Dogs and Baboons soaked in blood is their moto!
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by gudnex22(m): 2:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
Its seems we've all forgethen after the swearing in of GEJ he told every Nigerian to expect a tough time ahead that the tough days will not last long. You guys should just leave this man alone to do his things becuase i strongly believe that one day we all gonna lough.
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by gudnex22(m): 2:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
fr_evangel:

Well said!!! My simple question, is how many times have they come out openly to condemn Boko Haram and the attack on Churches?! Shouldn't they be condemning the Christmas day attack rather than GEJ's facebook post? If they want to win the hearts of Nigerians maybe they should start by coming out to condemn every BH attack on Christians in the same North where they supposedly have "radical" supporters. Nay! Dogs and Baboons soaked in blood is their moto!

Tell them. To h*ll with them GEJ for 2015
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by tpapi: 2:40pm On Dec 26, 2012
d_truth: @Akshw u are really an opposite of a sane person, and u hv jst shown that u are mentally maladjusted.
if u are critical and objective in thinking, u shuld be able to see this issue frm a verasciouse point of view.
bt because u are nuerositical and Naieve, u hv been be-clouded wit concorpus..
most of u guz can hardly govern ur own Family, talk more of a Local Government. (know d_truth)
r u d patrick of nairaland
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by tpapi: 2:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
Buhari thinks by condemin gej dat wil make nigerians vote for him,I dey laff til 2019
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by Capisco(m): 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
Cpc is a party founded by buhari 2 cari out a northern agenda of seizing power 4rm d southerners so nobody cares wat they say.we all knw d flaws of dis government nd dnt nid 2 b reminded.coz buhari and all doz in cpc would nt hv done anybeta.so jst 4get buhari,bakare,el-rufai and co.
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by JoeMosco(m): 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2012
Which year has never been tough for Nigerians? Maybe this year's toughness has touched CPC.... That means only one thing... There is a perfect correlation between subsidy removal and CPC's FINANCE

To liberate a country like Nigeria from the influence of those corrupt wealthy nigerians, no one should expect a Jolly -Good ride.
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by erayo2GCA(m): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
d_truth: chai! i am now convinced that CPC (Confused People's Committee) are really retardent.
does being opposition still includes not seeing reasons?, so there is nothing at all the president does or says that is good in the sight of this Confused People's Committee (CPC)?.
if i may ask, who among this people, is not a PDP member before?.
infact no need of wasting my space, take it or leave it, Confused Peoples Committee (CPC) will never rule this contr3.
what a sad news, bt it's 'd_truth'

u b full oh...mumu
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by OsunOriginal: 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
d_truth: @Akshw u are really an opposite of a sane person, and u hv jst shown that u are mentally maladjusted.
if u are critical and objective in thinking, u shuld be able to see this issue frm a verasciouse point of view.
most of u guz can hardly govern ur own Family, talk more of a Local Government. (know d_truth)

Stupid omo Igbos again on this thread?
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by nagoma(m): 4:08pm On Dec 26, 2012
giftbz: This is not about Buhari, neither about cpc nor any other political party, let's look at it critically as Nigerians who are logging for a good government. Did Jonathan say the truth in his message? Do u trust his policies? Let ur conscience judge u

There are very few sensible people like you. Others are contented with the mess called PDP.
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by koruji(m): 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
You are the retarded one. When GEJ jacked up the price of fuel as his new year "gift" in 2012 were you not here? Do you expect anybody to take anything he says seriously after that callous act? Who knows what other wicked policy he has planned for next week while relating a "cheerful" message like last Xmas.

Check your conscience!!!

d_truth: chai! i am now convinced that CPC (Confused People's Committee) are really retardent.
does being opposition still includes not seeing reasons?, so there is nothing at all the president does or says that is good in the sight of this Confused People's Committee (CPC)?.
if i may ask, who among this people, is not a PDP member before?.
infact no need of wasting my space, take it or leave it, Confused Peoples Committee (CPC) will never rule this contr3.
what a sad news, bt it's 'd_truth'
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by Akshow: 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
guy i say Shut your nonsensical guts and stop barking like a dog. Must you result to insult to prove our point? Silly imp.
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by Hardfact: 7:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sincerely, it'll be a miracle if Jonathan manages make meaningful impact, as he seems to lack the will. Yet I dont expect much from CPC with its religious coloration either.
A christmas message ordinarily is not supposed to raise any dust.
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by Hardfact: 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by Hardfact: 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
fr_evangel:

Very sensitive observation!
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by ignis: 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
Blackteeth: Nigerians will always attack everything. Including xmas message. Na wah oh.
* CPC, not Nigerians.
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by muktarmtt(m): 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
Otenestbestyaho: I knw buhari is bhind dis nonsense,wel if cpc likes, let them damage Gej xmas msg,d truth stil remain clear,no vacancy in aso rock til 2019,buhari is a veritable den of satanic wickednes and diabolical cruelty,heathnism,barbarity,scrupulous,callous,imp,boko idiot and detestable enormites,buhari wil die a very shameful death and his dead body wil b wraped wit a dead pig b4 burial-AMEN
U see nobody even lyk ur comment cos is total stupidity so do us ur self a favour nd shut up ur pie hole mumu.
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by msay: 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2012
Nigeria is not going anywhere with the way nlanders are pointing finger @ eachother, abusing his/her fellow nigerian, wasting their time instead of putting heads together for the betterment of our great nation....y'all should wake up and start saying something reasonable that will push us to a greater height. Fellow Nigerians Nigeria is Sinking..Do Something
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 26, 2012

I have realized its a complete waste of time engaging people like you. Not like you dont see or feel the effect of all the corruption, but youre so evil and devilish minded that you'll cut your nose to spite youre face thinking youre hurting someone else.

Pretend GEJ's name was Buhari, and that he was a Muslim, could you with a straight face call him a failure or a success?

1 Like

Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
gboss4sure: Always Condemning Jonathan while Boko Haram ravages them in the north but they wont condemn Boko

Lunatic, just incase you aint know: ITS GEJ'S JOB AS C-I-C TO COMBAT ALL THREATS, BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL! Nowhere in the constitution does it say "Internal threats are to be combated by the vocal condemnation of the people being terrorized".

God, you uneducated fuckas need to get gassed.

1 Like

Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by kadree(m): 9:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by kadree(m): 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
Fisherman.com:
Cpc is an islamic party,anti jona and anti christ.take it or leave it.jona is best president dat ever lead dis con3Cpc is an islamic party,anti jona and anti christ.take it or leave it.jona is best president dat ever lead dis con3Cpc is an islamic party,anti jona and anti christ.take it or leave it.jona is best president dat ever lead dis con3
What has islam go to do wit dis?d last time i checked,pastor tunde bakare was a xtian.If dis is all what ur brain could produce,den there is need to start weeping for d so-called future of nigeria.
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by nagoma(m): 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
Hardfact: Sincerely, it'll be a miracle if Jonathan manages make meaningful impact, as he seems to lack the will. Yet I dont expect much from CPC with its religious coloration either.
A christmas message ordinarily is not supposed to raise any dust.

Religious coloration? When Jonathan is always talking to the country from church? When did CPC talk from place of warship except perhaps Bakare from his church? Don't be daft.
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by Muffy2912: 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
fresh Air we were promised.We really had a good dose of it this year.Suffering and Smiling!!!!!!
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by dtruth3(m): 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
i am obliged to desicively incarcerate ur quagmire oblangata, cos u are far from being normal..
all u guz do is to surjorn helplessly and vomite all the hook_line & sinker, from ur God forsaken and God dejected silly mouth..
my guy, u need psycho therapy before u devulg into a state of hallucination and psychosis..
if u guz that condems Jonathan are nt incurably berieved, u will admit the fact that uneasy lies the head that wears the "crown"...
to further show that u guz are suffering from cerebrumic deficiency and acute hyper malaria, u created (Boko haram) insecurity of such magnitude to distract this administration, and yet u are complaining. what an Agoraphobic inuedum... pls get life, and knw "d_truth"
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by dtruth3(m): 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
@ Askshw, @kingoflag, @eray02GCA, and @osunoriginal.
i am obliged to desicively incarcerate ur quagmire oblangata, cos u are far from being normal..
all u guz do is to surjorn helplessly and vomite all the hook_line & sinker, from ur God forsaken and God dejected silly mouth..
my guy, u need psycho therapy before u devulg into a state of hallucination and psychosis..
if u guz that condems Jonathan are nt incurably berieved, u will admit the fact that uneasy lies the head that wears the "crown"...
to further show that u guz are suffering from cerebrumic deficiency and acute hyper malaria, u created (Boko haram) insecurity of such magnitude to distract this administration, and yet u are complaining. what an Agoraphobic inuedum... pls get life, and knw "d_truth"
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by tobnical(m): 10:44pm On Dec 26, 2012
I just hate anytin dat comes frm CPC. If its frm any other party, i wud hav checked it twice. If u were in d north during 2011 general electn, u wouldnt take dem serious 4once.
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
d_truth: @ Askshw, @kingoflag, @eray02GCA, and @osunoriginal.

Your Father!
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by OsunOriginal: 10:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
nagoma:

Religious coloration? When Jonathan is always talking to the country from church? When did CPC talk from place of warship except perhaps Bakare from his church? Don't be daft.

He is a brainwashed retard showing his hatred for other peoples' belief.
Re: CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message by OsunOriginal: 10:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
kadree:
What has islam go to do wit dis?d last time i checked,pastor tunde bakare was a xtian.If dis is all what ur brain could produce,den there is need to start weeping for d so-called future of nigeria.

How else do you expect Igbos to thing? I think there is a problem with their upbringing...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tentative Ministerial List. GMB Suprised People / Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate / "Deliver Rivers State Or Forget About Any Ministerial Appointment"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.