Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 (2554 Views)

N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Presidency In Dilemma Over Four Gov's Secret Alliance With APC. / 2015: PDP Will Win, Presidency Tells Amaechi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by aljharem(m): 10:18am On Dec 27, 2012
with or without Achebe's bigotry, If likes of Roachas, Pat Utomi still contest, he would have my vote. I could careless if he is Igbo or not. This is the future of the country we are talking about. Regardless of what Igbos on Nairaland say or what Achebe writes people would vote for the right person.

Although I love your analysis Ntns but lets leave this pettiness for now and focus on who would move Nigeria forward

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by pazienza(m): 10:28am On Dec 27, 2012
so, the yorubas used ribadu, how do we explain the fact the the young man emerged as the presidential candidate of ACN,only for tinubu to back GEJ,when it was obvious that GEJ was going to win? Wasn't nairaland awashed with BB slogan by these tribalist yorubas,they even crowned buhari the president in a poll conducted here,how then did GEJ win in the south west? How do one describe an ally that abandones one,when the odds for victory are narrow? Yea, TREACHERY.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by pazienza(m): 10:39am On Dec 27, 2012
Clerverly: [b]The major problem we have in Igboland is that we pander so much to any Government in power whether this is out of sheer lack of political sophistication, cowardice or inability to
speak fairly with one voice or combination of the above, the political scientist are yet to unravel this. The log goes;
Shagari--------------Igbos voted massively
IBB------------------Cheiftancy Titles here and there!
1993 Elections------- Igbos supported IBB candidates.
Abacha----------------Strongest base was East.
Obasanjo--------------- Igbos supported him against our own Ekwueme
Yardua- ---------------won all the states in East
GEJ- -------------------Largest support base is in the East
I always laugh away people's ignorance when they claim, Igbo support Jonathan out of tribal or ethnic lines because had Yardua been alive today, he would have enjoyed the same massive support as Jonathan from the Igbo. We are too timid and crude when it comes to playing Nigerian politics, always not wanting to upset the apple cart. Until we do that for once, other regions will never respect and give us our deals when it comes to sharing the spoils.[/b]
Another day,another Yoruba claiming to be igbo. Smh.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by pazienza(m): 10:48am On Dec 27, 2012
alj harem: with or without Achebe's bigotry, If likes of Roachas, Pat Utomi still contest, he would have my vote. I could careless if he is Igbo or not. This is the future of the country we are talking about. Regardless of what Igbos on Nairaland say or what Achebe writes people would vote for the right person.

Although I love your analysis Ntns but lets leave this pettiness for now and focus on who would move Nigeria forward
Do not be naive,nigeria has no future, if rochas and pat are noble men,then they must be biafrans at heart,most noble igbo men are,if they are not noble,then they are probably not biafrans at heart and as such won't be able be able to steer nigeria away from it's programmed death. Before now,none of you guys knew how deep biafra lives in the heart of achebe,do you suppose that other igbos are any different? Bearing in mind that most of us suffered more loss than achebe.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by aljharem(m): 10:57am On Dec 27, 2012
pazienza: Do not be naive,nigeria has no future, if rochas and pat are noble men,then they must be biafrans at heart,most noble igbo men are,if they are not noble,then they are probably not biafrans at heart and as such won't be able be able to steer nigeria away from it's programmed death. Before now,none of you guys knew how deep biafra lives in the heart of achebe,do you suppose that other igbos are any different?
dude it is clear you are the naive one here grin grin grin grin. Look at what you wrote

Achebe was a powerful man in biafra so I expected him to be biased but not to the point of causing division among brothers. I hope I am making sense.

Rochas and Pat Utomi are not BAIFRAN, Why cause they have there investments all over the north and SW so they would not be stu.pid enough to nurse baifra cause. Moreover their children are in Lagos aka an Awolowo state redefined grin. Of which if they biafran, they would not do that.

The point I am trying to pass across is that 2015, Most people including I would NOT VOTE BASED ON SENTIMENT BUT BASED ON COMPETENCY. Yes like of Fashola, Pat, Rochas are always coming up my mind but I am still studying the 3 characters before I make a topic and start my campaign for the most competent.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by pazienza(m): 10:59am On Dec 27, 2012
UncleJJ:

Achebe in his old age is wiser than you are. And for good reason's decided to share his own version of the truth. He cannot dispute his facts, as you did not witness these wars or killings - you are merely commenting from words your read from history books.

And, if credible men like Chinua Achebe (respected throughout the world) can be disputed by mere mortals like you - then maybe you should really think about what the OP said ,and the advice towards the ibo people.

You can never rule Nigeria, without support from the North - politics is a numbers game. It's quite unfortunate, Ojukwu's greed and lust for power , put the future generation of ibo land into this political darkness. Ojukwu (RIP) is now with his ancestors - and left his family in disarray, just like the ibo people.
Shut up,how does the eastern region desire for self determination translate to Ojukwu's greed and lust for power? I am waiting for your reply.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by pazienza(m): 11:05am On Dec 27, 2012
alj harem: dude it is clear you are the naive one here grin grin grin grin. Look at what you wrote

Achebe was a powerful man in biafra so I expected him to be biased but not to the point of causing division among brothers. I hope I am making sense.

Rochas and Pat Utomi are not BAIFRAN, Why cause they have there investments all over the north and SW so they would not be stu.pid enough to nurse baifra cause. Moreover their children are in Lagos aka an Awolowo state redefined grin. Of which if they biafran, they would not do that.

The point I am trying to pass across is that 2015, Most people including I would NOT VOTE BASED ON SENTIMENT BUT BASED ON COMPETENCY. Yes like of Fashola, Pat, Rochas are always coming up my mind but I am still studying the 3 characters before I make a topic and start my campaign for the most competent.
You are even more naive than i thought. Do you know that Ojukwu family had massive investments in the north and west when he declared biafra? Do you know that Achebe's daughter is married to a yoruba guy?

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by pazienza(m): 11:10am On Dec 27, 2012
The biafran pain is not that of power,it's a pain deep rooted in loss,loss of loved ones,loss of a future that promised so much,but got extinguished before it even started,it is a pain that every biafran shares,especially when we see what have become of nigeria. It's like being in a plane that you know that is going to crash,and yet your are being forced to stay and wait for it's eventual crash.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by aljharem(m): 11:27am On Dec 27, 2012
pazienza: You are even more naive than i thought. Do you know that Ojukwu family had massive investments in the north and west when he declared biafra? Do you know that Achebe's daughter is married to a yoruba guy?

I don't want to get into this discussion with you. I want you think as well. Ojukwu lost everything until he came back to Nigeria and WAS PARDONED.

Achebe's daughter marrying a yoruba man has no bearing on Achebe. Achebe might be a bigot while his daughter is indifferent.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 27, 2012
pazienza: The biafran pain is not that of power,it's a pain deep rooted in loss,loss of loved ones,loss of a future that promised so much,but got extinguished before it even started,it is a pain that every biafran shares,especially when we see what have become of nigeria. It's like being in a plane that you know that is going to crash,and yet your are being forced to stay and wait for it's eventual crash.

As a young man...which I believed you are...(am sure you were not even an actor or born during the war), you should tone down on this type of bigotry.

It makes you look at other Nigerians as your enemies delaying your progress in life.

You have much more to lose with such outlook in life...real Igbos that have gone ahead to be successful hardly have such outlook like yours.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by pazienza(m): 11:54am On Dec 27, 2012
ilugunboy:

As a young man...which I believed you are...(am sure you were not even an actor or born during the war), you should tone down on this type of bigotry.

It makes you look at other Nigerians as your enemies delaying your progress in life.

You have much more to lose with such outlook in life...real Igbos that have gone ahead to be successful hardly have such outlook like yours.
Really? You mean more successful than Achebe? Get over yourself,i just like most igbos, treat people as they come,i am not a bigot,but because i have yoruba friends does not mean that ndiigbo and yoruba people should be in the same country.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
pazienza: Really? You mean more successful than Achebe? Get over yourself,i just like most igbos, treat people as they come,i am not a bigot,but because i have yoruba friends does not mean that ndiigbo and yoruba people should be in the same country.

There are loads of silent Igbos that are far more successful than Achebe..unless we are defining success in different ways.

But if Achebe is you standard definition of Igbo most successful person....then I think am talking to a wrong person.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by pazienza(m): 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
ilugunboy:

There are loads of silent Igbos that are far more successful than Achebe..unless we are defining success in different ways.

But if Achebe is you standard definition of Igbo most successful person....then I think am talking to a wrong person.
Achebe just like most successful igbos is pro biafran at heart. I don't know why you are equating igbos wanting a country of their own to hating other nigerians. You guys are funny.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
pazienza: Achebe just like most successful igbos is pro biafran at heart. I don't know why you are equating igbos wanting a country of their own to hating other nigerians. You guys are funny.

How did you know this.....?
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by pazienza(m): 2:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
ilugunboy:

How did you know this.....?
Those days when most igbos believed in Uwazuruike's ability to actualize biafra,uwazuruike put that to test by asking igbos to stay at home. All igbos stayed at home,Nigerians couldn't believe it.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
pazienza: Those days when most igbos believed in Uwazuruike's ability to actualize biafra,uwazuruike put that to test by asking igbos to stay at home. All igbos stayed at home,Nigerians couldn't believe it.

And you believe that is out of moral suasion than coercion and subtle threats?
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by SamIkenna: 5:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

the bolded........how do you plan to accomplish that?

Currently, as has been the case for years, Igbo continue to antagonize and push buttons that trigger red flags and unsettle trust with the major political blocs.

To successfully put Igbo in power in 2015 will require support and endorsement from the leadership of one or the other of Yoruba or Hausa voting bloc. Igbo was ostracised from the presidency over 40 years ago for its arrogant assault and violent attack in 1966, aimed at decapitating Yoruba and Hausa at the top and making them impotently weak enough that Igbo become the de facto and unrivaled commandeer of the future of Nigeria.

Anyone sitting in the presidency have complete and unabridged ownership of authority and power and it is imperative that the person is humble and perceivably trustworthy.

Let's look at some of the past markers that has damaged trust and left Igbo in the cold.

It cannot be disputed that Lagos and primarily the West played a most significant role in the rise and popularity of NCNC in the ten years period leading to independence. Instead of honoring its successes and landmark acceptance in the West, Azikiwe, NCNC leader, made calculations to topple Yoruba control of West and impose Igbo dominance completely over the South.

Western region included all the territories in current Yorubaland all the way to the banks of the Niger in modern day Delta state. In 1963, Azikiwe as President of Nigeria worked with his party stalwarts to destabilize and break the political loyalty and hegemony of AG in Western region. This plot produced three outcomes.

a. a political riot and state of emergency in West that succeeded in a splintered loyalty
b. a campaign to dishonor AG and pro West champions; Awolowo and Enahoro were imprisoned.
c. In an effort to further humiliate the West, Azikiwe cut off Benin and Delta provinces from Western region and called it Mid Western region.

In its coup of January 1966, Igbo calculatedly murdered the sittin head of goverment of Western Nigeria and a traditional high Chief in Yorubaland, Ladoke Akintola. They also assassinated Brigadier Ademulegun and wife and Colonel Sodeinde. Not a single Igbo politician, traditional Chief or military command officer was killed. Likewise they assassinated head of the Nigerisn goverment, Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa, murdered head of Northern government and a traditional high Chief of the Fulanis and Northern military Officers. Okotie-Eboh, a Mid Westerner and Nigerian minister of Finance was also assassinated.

Igbos are yet to apologize for these inhuman atrocities

The purpose for going to war was to liberate his fellow Igbos from what they termed "unprovoked terror and hatred against Igbo people" (see 3 above), but what Ojukwu had in mind was quite different. With pre-printed flags he marched into Ijaw territory and planted Biafran flag, headed West and in newly created Bendel state unleashed untold pains after sacking the neutral governor and planting another flag and a Biafran as new governor. He then set his eyes to go and overrun Yorubaland.

Igbos are yet to apologize to Bendel and Delta people and Yoruba people.

Ndigbo's covetous love to own and rule Yorubaland is endemic. They say one thing but act opposite. Yorubas have therefore learnt, painfully, to use this weakness as a tool of manipulation to draw and accomodate Igbo but never again to allow them access into the gates of political acceptance in Yorubaland. They remain locked out even though they contribute immensely to revenue generation in Lagos. This is reflected in their constant anger and dissaffection for Lagos politics and the Yoruba elites that rule the state.

Very recently another Igbo grievance revealed itself when Chinua Achebe, Igbo most achieved literary giant, shared with the world what he thought of Awolowo. This was widely applauded by Igbos in all strata of society. Awolowo is highly reverred in all of Yorubaland and even outside of it and for Igbo to dishonor him in a memoir is tantamount to mounting a live rooster on the chest of murdered Balewa and circulating the photograph amongs his kindred as a message of virile Igbo dominance (rooster was the NCNC party symbol) over a limp North. No dishonor and humiliation can be greater....it calls for a checkmate from the other side!

Why does Igbo take pride in humiliating dead persons that cannot defend themselves? I am open to hear them explain this trait.

So I should wrap this up. Again, going by the history, I cannot see how Igbo is able to convice Yorubaland to accept and endorse the Igbo political brandof arrogance and humiliation of rivals. As a weapon of assassination, words is just as lethal as a bullet - one kills and damages the character, the other kills and damages the body. The Igbos have broadly been spoken for and their voice championed by Achebe and in which they collectively assassinated Awolowo. Your only chance for a 2015 presidency resides in an endorsement by the Northerners.

Good luck and see you in 2015!

Dudu's unhealthy obsession with Igbo, I believe, is now at a fatal stage. I expect to hear how you and your "king makers" have improved the lives of "real Nigerians minus Igbos" during the fourty years of your much touted "Igbo political wilderness." And while you're at it, please do tell us how you intend to create wealth and lift the masses out of poverty post 2015, because its glaring GEJ's tenure is and will not work for you neither will Igbo man's shot at the highest position reset your tensed pulse.

I'm sick of hearing Igbo wont lead, they're arrogant, they killed us, they stole this, they stole that, we hate them, they're evil, and blah blah blah yet its not like Nigeria has been out of the woods since you won your "no victor no vanquished BS."

My point - Show us the right way of get the hell out of my way. Nigeria deserves better and if you haven't provided it all these fourty years of unbroken and unfettered access to power and oil resources then you should either keep quiet or, at the very least, remove yourself from our midst. Your daily sensational front-page piece on Nairaland thats usually riddled with fatal obsession with Igbo doesn't provide leadership or answers to problems - Its high time you recognized that.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by ACM10: 7:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Dudu's unhealthy obsession with Igbo, I believe, is now at a fatal stage. I expect to hear how you and your "king makers" have improved the lives of "real Nigerians minus Igbos" during the fourty years of your much touted "Igbo political wilderness." And while you're at it, please do tell us how you intend to create wealth and lift the masses out of poverty post 2015, because its glaring GEJ's tenure is and will not work for you neither will Igbo man's shot at the highest position reset your tensed pulse.

I'm sick of hearing Igbo wont lead, they're arrogant, they killed us, they stole this, they stole that, we hate them, they're evil, and blah blah blah yet its not like Nigeria has been out of the woods since you won your "no victor no vanquished BS."

My point - Show us the right way of get the hell out of my way. Nigeria deserves better and if you haven't provided it all these fourty years of unbroken and unfettered access to power and oil resources then you should either keep quiet or, at the very least, remove yourself from our midst. Your daily sensational front-page piece on Nairaland thats usually riddled with fatal obsession with Igbo doesn't provide leadership or answers to problems - Its high time you recognized that.
Nwanna Sam, glad to have you back!
Compliments of the season.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by DuduNegro: 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
pazienza: DUDU, you are mad,the mouth piece of Ndiigbo is Ohanaeze ndiigbo,and they endorsed GEJ even before pdp primaries,a situation other people considered as political naivety on the part of Ohanaeze,but they stuck with GEJ through it all,now thats what trust and loyalty is all about.

really pazienza, you have no idea who you are talking to, i will wrap a political string of poison ivy around you while yet you are convinced it's only a thorny bush of roses.

I thought Igbo Political Forum speak for your Nigerian politics and Ohanaeze speak for Biafran politics. am i wrong, are they united?

so....let me ask you, Alex Ekwueme, the former VP, did he agree with ohanaeze and was he behind Gej or some other candidate.....and who was that candidate?
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by DuduNegro: 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
alj harem: with or without Achebe's bigotry, If likes of Roachas, Pat Utomi still contest, he would have my vote. I could careless if he is Igbo or not. This is the future of the country we are talking about. Regardless of what Igbos on Nairaland say or what Achebe writes people would vote for the right person.

thank you my brother on the last sentence. This is about "who will not move Nigeria forward".

National politics is about compromises, unfortunately Igbo believes in individual honor.

The best tactical organization of any assault unit in the world is the American Special Operations and specifically the Navy SEAL. They recognize the gains of team and compromise above the pride of individual honor.

Igbo has yet to move away from its old brand, the same mindset with which in position of power they gradually introduced all sorts of evil plots and schemes which the young Nigerian sovereignty had not anticipated. Have they stopped advocating Biafra? No! Have they stopped their aspiration to occupy and control other people land, No! Have they stopped their ambition to seek revenge and payback on the war? No!

There are many issues too much to even share here my brother. Until they re-brand, Igbo is the wrong stock to lead Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by AndreUweh(m): 9:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

thank you my brother on the last sentence. This is about "who will not move Nigeria forward".

National politics is about compromises, unfortunately Igbo believes in individual honor.

The best tactical organization of any assault unit in the world is the American Special Operations and specifically the Navy SEAL. They recognize the gains of team and compromise above the pride of individual honor.

Igbo has yet to move away from its old brand, the same mindset with which in position of power they gradually introduced all sorts of evil plots and schemes which the young Nigerian sovereignty had not anticipated. Have they stopped advocating Biafra? No! Have they stopped their aspiration to occupy and control other people land, No! Have they stopped their ambition to seek revenge and payback on the war? No!

There are many issues too much to even share here my brother. Until they re-brand, Igbo is the wrong stock to lead Nigeria.
Taking pain killers for another person's pain.
Dude, Ndigbo do not care whether they rule Nigeria or not and as a matter of fact has not taking the issue of Igbo presidency very seriously. What Ndigbo want in Nigeria is peace and not Boko Haraming. Ndigbo want justice equity and fairness in Nigeria.
To hell with your presidency.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by DuduNegro: 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
ilugunboy:

And you believe that is out of moral suasion than coercion and subtle threats?

lol, hence the question......is the killings, bombings of Igbos in the North and their churches all attributable solely to bokoharam?

While it cannot be disputed that boko target ndigbos......there is a backchannell that sees an opportunity to exploit and a message designed to force resettlement.

man, please dont get me started on these other issues.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by DuduNegro: 9:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Sam,

It's nice to see you again. grin.

Nigeria as a democracy is not immune from social challenges that burden democracies all over the globe. We are relearning now what we should have perfected years ago if the first Republic had been left to grow and mature into the visions envisaged in the 50s.

The smooth treasurable round pebbles you find on the bottom of a stream have a tale to tell. They started out as rough jagged edge rocks, kicked and despised. As the stream ferry them along they bump sharp force into one another loosing a chip here and there and which reduced them from large rock to small stones and finally till there is no sharpness left and there is no more losses and when they bump against one another now they only bounce off, not chip away.

Reflect on this wisdom my brother. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by DuduNegro: 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
Andre Uweh:
Taking pain killers for another person's pain.
Dude, Ndigbo do not care whether they rule Nigeria or not and as a matter of fact has not taking the issue of Igbo presidency very seriously. What Ndigbo want in Nigeria is peace and not Boko Haraming. Ndigbo want justice equity and fairness in Nigeria.
To hell with your presidency.

Andre, yes my Xmas went very well. Merry Xmas to you too my brother. grin grin cheesy
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by SamIkenna: 10:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
ACM10:
Nwanna Sam, glad to have you back!
Compliments of the season.

Nwannem, Chukwu gozie gi. Ka ekeresimesi nka, na afor ohuru nkea na abia wetara anyi udo na oga n'iru.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by SamIkenna: 11:41pm On Dec 27, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Sam,

It's nice to see you again. grin.

Nigeria as a democracy is not immune from social challenges that burden democracies all over the globe. We are relearning now what we should have perfected years ago if the first Republic had been left to grow and mature into the visions envisaged in the 50s.

The smooth treasurable round pebbles you find on the bottom of a stream have a tale to tell. They started out as rough jagged edge rocks, kicked and despised. As the stream ferry them along they bump sharp force into one another loosing a chip here and there and which reduced them from large rock to small stones and finally till there is no sharpness left and there is no more losses and when they bump against one another now they only bounce off, not chip away.

Reflect on this wisdom my brother. cheesy

I did reflect on it. Contrary to what political detractors and irredeemable doomsayers foresee in Eastern political lanscape, the future of my people and her friends/neighbours is bright. Did anyone foresee the masterstroke Ndigbo delivered during GEJ election? Wishful thinkers thought the people of Eastern heartland would never vote for Ijaw because, in their disjointed political permutation, Igbo and Ijaw are still locked in a war that ended 40 years ago. The reason I digressed this bit is to emphasize how far we've moved on with our lives, yet on daily basis people from the so-called "winners" and "one Nigerianers" keep yapping about how we're going to avenge this and that, steal spoon and fork from Abuja if elected, and commandeer all state apparatus (apparatus that are inexistent).

Dude, we've moved on and, most importantly, tirelessly on the march to a divine-predetermined fate with destiny. We aint looking back bro. To end the story - I dont care if you have the presidency as yours forever. In fact, whoever is interested can knock their entire families out with it. What's more important to me at this point is to work, pray, and hope that both the current and future generation of Igbos are embracing sciences 'cause that's where the future is - not some political permutation in Arewa land or Dudu_negro land.

On a lighter note, hope ur xmass was nice and BH free.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by MegaMan2020: 11:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
Which igbo man should I vote for in 2015? I've been to Igboland, I stayed in Aba for 15 days a few months ago and I didn't feel safe at all. I actually felt scared every time I stepped outside of the house I was staying in. Which Igbo will rule Nigeria when there isn't an Igbo that rules over Igbo land? Igbos have adopted a tribalistic sentiment to the 2015 elections and it will come back to hurt them in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by tny60(f): 12:40am On Dec 28, 2012
J12: In this civilian and democratic dispensation, the tribe of a president means nothing.
It won't bring more development, employment, security. . . to his zone/tribe.
Obasanjo was hated by the yorubas more than any other tribe. What did his presidency do for the west? Nothing!
The boko haram insurgency began to brew during Yar'adua's administration. Yar'Adua's administration didn't bring development to the north either.

Everyone knows this.
the whole point is to be able to massage the ego by saying, "look. Our president is from my tribe."
notwithstanding the fact that this "achievement" will bring absolutely nothing positive to the so called tribe.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by DuduNegro: 1:08am On Dec 28, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

I did reflect on it. Contrary to what political detractors and irredeemable doomsayers foresee in Eastern political lanscape, the future of my people and her friends/neighbours is bright. Did anyone foresee the masterstroke Ndigbo delivered during GEJ election? Wishful thinkers thought the people of Eastern heartland would never vote for Ijaw because, in their disjointed political permutation, Igbo and Ijaw are still locked in a war that ended 40 years ago. The reason I digressed this bit is to emphasize how far we've moved on with our lives, yet on daily basis people from the so-called "winners" and "one Nigerianers" keep yapping about how we're going to avenge this and that, steal spoon and fork from Abuja if elected, and commandeer all state aparatus (aparatus that are inexistent).

Dude, we've moved on and, most importantly, tirelessly on the march to a divine-predetermined fate with destiny. We aint looking back bro. To end the story - I dont care if you have the presidency as yours forever. In fact, whoever is interested can knock their entire families out with it. What's more important to me at this point is to work, pray, and hope that both the current and future generation of Igbos are embracing sciences 'cause that's where the future is - not some political permutation in Arewa land or Dudu_negro land.

On a lighter note, hope ur xmass was nice and BH free.

Xmas was fine, thanks for asking. Wishing you a, soon, Happy New year.

This topic might sound like Im picking on Igbos, but frankly I believe Hausa will not win 2015 either and I have a topic that will share my opinion on that. It will come. Hausa has ruined this country just as much as Igbo did to capsize our beginnings.

I don't see anything wrong in pushing an Igbo nationalism. The social structure that will work for you is one which is so organized that it harmonizes with your customs. The Nigerian system works best for the other two because customarily they lived a society similarly structured and organized around a central point of authority and power delegation or hierarchy. So unlike Igbos, the Yorubas and the Hausas naturally settle into the role and know just what to do to exercise political authority and trust when ruling from the top. The Igbo president is soon disoriented because he is out of custom and dispenses power negatively. If you look in East today this is exactly what you will find in each of the state where the individual governors have either declared publicly that ndigbos are difficult to govern or in the case of Chime, he has abandoned his job.

The clan social structure is what you excel in, where individual people manage their affair independent of the other and the clan head is the final authority to dispense power. Unfortunately Nigeria is not structured like that and I dont think it ever will. As I said there are three markers- 1963, 1966 and 1967 - to prove your rowdiness and wildness in positions of power. You will need to use existing opportunities in your homeland as models to exhibit and showcase a "renewed", "reborn", "reawakened" and "transformed" Igbo brand, its difficult, going by current events in alaigbo, to trust that you have left your old schemes behind.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by nduchucks: 1:28am On Dec 28, 2012
Yaushe za su bar nijeria? 2099
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by SamIkenna: 2:43am On Dec 28, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Xmas was fine, thanks for asking. Wishing you a, soon, Happy New year.

This topic might sound like Im picking on Igbos, but frankly I believe Hausa will not win 2015 either and I have a topic that will share my opinion on that. It will come. Hausa has ruined this country just as much as Igbo did to capsize our beginnings.

I don't see anything wrong in pushing an Igbo nationalism. The social structure that will work for you is one which is so organized that it harmonizes with your customs. The Nigerian system works best for the other two because customarily they lived a society similarly structured and organized around a central point of authority and power delegation or hierarchy. So unlike Igbos, the Yorubas and the Hausas naturally settle into the role and know just what to do to exercise political authority and trust when ruling from the top. The Igbo president is soon disoriented because he is out of custom and dispenses power negatively. If you look in East today this is exactly what you will find in each of the state where the individual governors have either declared publicly that ndigbos are difficult to govern or in the case of Chime, he has abandoned his job.

The clan social structure is what you excel in, where individual people manage their affair independent of the other and the clan head is the final authority to dispense power. Unfortunately Nigeria is not structured like that and I dont think it ever will. As I said there are three markers- 1963, 1966 and 1967 - to prove your rowdiness and wildness in positions of power. You will need to use existing opportunities in your homeland as models to exhibit and showcase a "renewed", "reborn", "reawakened" and "transformed" Igbo brand, its difficult, going by current events in alaigbo, to trust that you have left your old schemes behind.

Good to know you "care about us." But without sounding combative, wont it be nice if you show us what good the "organized and traditional top-down" political approach of the north and west has brought to Nigeria. I mean, lets say for argument sake all that you said of the Igbo leadership style was accurate, lets assume they are, then what? What about Yoruba and Hausa, does it mean Nigeria is doomed? Igbo has been out of power since 1966 yet Nigeria is not eldorado, in fact we all can agree its gotten worse. So, what really happened to the organized and wonderful leadership of the West and North??

You can see now that underneath that well structured write-up of yours lies the hunger to vilify and ridicule. I would like you to show me one positive piece you've done on Igbo since you came to Nairaland. For one positive write-up you show me, I will bring to you 5 positives I did on Yoruba.

Nigeria is in tatters because we all made her so, in fact I can confidently say that Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba, and Igbo destroyed Nigeria, we can pick the order in whichever form that tickles our ego but there's no denying that we all know that minorities didnt destroy this nation, the big three did in varrying degrees. Why not write about that. tell us how the three groups, in their bid to cheat the minorities, destroyed a promising nation. As much as most people dislike Sanusi, he at least has the balls to call a spade a spade sometimes. Making any meaninful headway entails that men suck up their ego and ethnocentrism and let out the bitter truth without finger pointing or sermonizing to other groups. It means you accept that you're equally bad, if not worse than the other man you've spent 42 years lampooning.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by tny60(f): 3:25am On Dec 28, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Nigeria is in tatters because we all made her so, in fact I can confidently say that Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba, and Igbo destroyed Nigeria, we can pick the order in whichever form that tickles our ego but there's no denying that we all know that minorities didnt destroy this nation, the big three did in varrying degrees. Why not write about that. tell us how the three groups, in their bid to cheat the minorities, destroyed a promising nation..

^ this makes no sense whatsoever.
All ethnic groups in Naija (whether minority or majority) have a hand in the country's fate for better or for worse. If i'm from a minority tribe, i'm still Nigerian and have my role. minorities just happen to have less population so their impact is not felt as much but it's there. Nigeria won't be the same without them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra State Has 90 Percent Good Motorable Road Network- APC / R-A-P-E, Murder Top 2013 Ekiti Crime Record -police / Lady Shot To Death At Her Private Part

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.