Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Why Is South African Music So Horrible - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Is South African Music So Horrible (6668 Views)

Best New Year Music So Far! Hearttouching And More Relevant Than Fuel Subsidy / South African Music, Anyone? / African Music Videos Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 26, 2012
By south African I mean the republic of south Africa, I see songs from there and I feel like vomiting and I have a strong feeling that the groups or individuals that sing such nonsense are very popular over there.

Its only a particular group I can listen to, the rest are just bullshite. Men the music industry over there needs to wake up and stop making shite look good.
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by azpekuliar: 1:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
I beg to disagree with you. With specific reference to the hip-hop genre, the South African hip-hop scene was way ahead of it's Naija equivalent in the early 2000's (fueled in part by Channel O), before we caught up. S.A still continues to make quality music.
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by martyns303(m): 1:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
Nigerian music also have its fair of bad artists, South African houz musics are really good. Toya delazy, Zahara, liquid depp, Malehlokwa etc. I can upload really good South African songs to make u change ur perception.
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by eccentric(m): 1:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
embarassedTheir best are dead. Miriam Makeba, Brenda Fasi, Lebo methosa...Now dey gat nothing but Lira and Zarrha.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Revolva(m): 2:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
South african music is not horrible or I will say nigerian music is more horibble..
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2012
I love house music
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by kgr28(m): 8:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
SA music horrible?? I will respond in my lingo,O BUA MMAO!!
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 27, 2012
kgr28: SA music horrible?? I will respond in my lingo,O BUA MMAO!!
Wena no vex
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Shugamania(f): 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2012
The old or the new? Cos i really loved brenda fassie and yvonne chakachaka's music back then... Even a bit of lucky dube.
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by mikuz(m): 7:23am On Dec 28, 2012
blink182: By south African I mean the republic of south Africa, I see songs from there and I feel like vomiting and I have a strong feeling that the groups or individuals that sing such nonsense are very popular over there.

Its only a particular group I can listen to, the rest are just bullshite. Men the music industry over there needs to wake up and stop making shite look good.

I don't think you are making sense.
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 29, 2012
Shugamania: The old or the new? Cos i really loved brenda fassie and yvonne chakachaka's music back then... Even a bit of lucky dube.
The new songs aired on '1 music'. No rhythm, poor lyrics and ugly appearance of people in the videos. I love 'tear gas' especially their songs 'mhlobo wami' and 'number one', well all of their songs I've heard, yeah and liquid deep too but the rest is just something else.

Definitely not the old, who didn't love Yvonne and Brenda.
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 29, 2012
mikuz:

I don't think you are making sense.
are you really this daft?
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 29, 2012
azpekuliar: I beg to disagree with you. With specific reference to the hip-hop genre, the South African hip-hop scene was way ahead of it's Naija equivalent in the early 2000's (fueled in part by Channel O), before we caught up. S.A still continues to make quality music.
Bros how far na, wetin de happen? E don tay o, I no just de see you anywhere again. Oma vwe sasa re sha ?
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by mikuz(m): 2:31pm On Dec 29, 2012
blink182: are you really this daft?
ARE YOU not the one truly daft?

You just conclude that all South African musicians do horrible music based on what you heard from a couple of them.
It this not the height of daftness?
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2012
mikuz:
ARE YOU not the one truly daft?

You just conclude that all South African musicians do horrible music based on what you heard from a couple of them.
It this not the height of daftness?
fool I never said all, I remember mentioning I can listen to some. Go get your watery brain checked.
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by mikuz(m): 6:19pm On Dec 29, 2012
blink182: fool I never said all, I remember mentioning I can listen to some. Go get your watery brain checked.

The topic says Why Is South African Music so horrible?
Does this show you meant some?
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2012
mikuz:

The topic says Why Is South African Music so horrible?
Does this show you meant some?
Just accept you are a fool and move on.
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by mikuz(m): 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2012
blink182: Just accept you are a fool and move on.
You're speaking from the both sides of your mouth. Just accept.
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by azpekuliar: 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2012
blink182: Bros how far na, wetin de happen? E don tay o, I no just de see you anywhere again. Oma vwe sasa re sha ?

Bros I full ground remain oo. Compliments of the season. Make I send you PM sef.
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 12, 2013
mikuz:
You're speaking from the both sides of your mouth. Just accept.
oh please, phuck off.
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 12, 2013
azpekuliar:

Bros I full ground remain oo. Compliments of the season. Make I send you PM sef.
Thanks, I got your message.
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by aaliyaSA(f): 2:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
kgr28: SA music horrible?? I will respond in my lingo,O BUA MMAO!!
Lol!!!I'm wit u all the way!! O bua masepa!!
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by MthimbaneZA(m): 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2013
blink182: By south African I mean the republic of south Africa, I see songs from there and I feel like vomiting and I have a strong feeling that the groups or individuals that sing such nonsense are very popular over there.

U don't know South African music u can see by the fact that u mentioned Zola as rapper, wake up slow poke we r very musical than u. U even go as far saying ur music is better than USA, what a f**ck u ppl u r very strange. Uthetha amasimba.
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
Mthimbane.ZA:

U don't know South African music u can see by the fact that u mentioned Zola as rapper, wake up slow poke we r very musical than u. U even go as far saying ur music is better than USA, what a f**ck u ppl u r very strange. Uthetha amasimba.
hey, what's the outburst for you xenophobic bas tard? Oh please go phuck your sister and your mum too, if you don't get released enough then phuck your father in every orifice you can find on his body. You got too much semen in your body and it's affecting the ability of your brain to perform. With your phucking SA name, is that suppose to sound as butane or what...oh its probably the sound of hissing your father uttered when he first saw you.

JUST PHUCK OFF AND LEAVE NIGERIANS ALONE !
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by princesaam(m): 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
SA music is superb, but you have to be a music lover to notice that.... its call house music, (deep house music) with a strong beat.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Blackteeth(m): 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
Correction Mr Poster, if you dont like south african songs it doesnt mean it is crap. Honestly I prefer south african music to our Nigerian music.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by yoji: 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
Wat a silly post. The reason u don't like South african music is probably d same rreason u don't like indonesian or gambian or german music. Its cos ur r not south african kapish! If u like it, its a bonus for them but u r not the reason they go into a recording studio. And by d way khona from south africa trumps most naija songs this year, and even so wen d lyrics are explained to u.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by MthimbaneZA(m): 11:46am On Jul 30, 2013
@blink182 where does xenophobia(I wonder if u know what it means) fit here u bleeped head. SA music is 4 matured music lovers not 4 your type of slow poke critic. Go to traditional threads I think u'll b a champion there. Wht do u know about SA, pliz do your research well and thoroughly sonny b4 u come n show your emptiness here.
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
If the OP means that one genre that sounds like modernized cafe music, then I kind of agree. It drives me crazy. Whenever I hear/see it on tv, I change the channel. All of those songs sound the same to me.

Brenda Fassie was my girl though. Still is.
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by azpekuliar: 7:48am On Aug 07, 2013
martyns303: Nigerian music also have its fair of bad artists, South African houz musics are really good. Toya delazy, Zahara, liquid depp, Malehlokwa etc. I can upload really good South African songs to make u change ur perception.

You can add Mifikizolo to that list. Presently rocking to "Khona".
Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 08, 2013

I don't think you are correct.
S.A remains the home of music in Africa

1 Like

Re: Why Is South African Music So Horrible by MthimbaneZA(m): 5:23am On Aug 08, 2013
azpekuliar:

You can add Mifikizolo to that list. Presently rocking to "Khona".

Add BlackCoffee, Berita, Zonke and Micasa to that list.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

*free Download New Eldee Single "bosi Gbangba" Hot* / 2face Idibia - Be There (official Video) / Chris Brown And Rihanna Reunite For Remixes: Listen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.