Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,506 members, 7,801,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 (40336 Views)

If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
As I must have said before, I started watching nigerian movies this year when I noticed a revolution in the industry. I must say I wasn't disappointed. So here's my list of 10 Nollywood's best I watched this year; not necessarily released this year:

10. Sitanda

Year of production: 2007
Production Platform: Amstel Malta Box Office
Directed by: Izu Ojukwu
shot on:

9. Mr and Mrs

Year of production: 2012
Production Platform: Peculiar Communications Limited
Directed by: Ikechukwu Onyeka
Shot on: Canon 5D

8. Inale

Year of production: 2010
Production Platform: BIK Entertainment
Directed by: Jeta Amata
Shot on: Celluloid (35mm)

7. Anchor baby
www.nairaland.com/attachments/348658_Anchor_Baby_Poster_jpgef9f47091d253fe06dfb55504e6a9518
Production Platform: Alpha Galore Films
Directed by: Lonzo Nzekwe
Shot on: RedOne

6. Maami

Production Platform: Mainframe Pictures
Directed by: Tunde Kelani
Shot on: RedOne / HD SLR

5.The mirror boy

Year of production: 2011
Production Platform: Nollywood Factory / OH Films
Directed by: Obi Emelonye

4.Ije: The journey
www.nairaland.com/attachments/220513_ije_JPG547034744692803870cb6676864834bf
Production Platform: Xandria Productions
Directed by: Chineze Anyaene

3.last flight to abuja

Production Platform: Nollywood Factory / Screen Nation / 3D Associates(UK) / 24-7 Technologies
Directed by: Obi Emelonye
Shot on: Arri Alexa

2. Figurine: Araromire

Year of production: 2009
Production Platform: Golden Effects Pictures
Directed by: Kunle Afolayan

1. Phoneswap

Production Platform: Golden Effects Pictures
Directed by: Kunle Afolayan

the criteria for my ranking include;
*Quality of Production (picture & sound quality, colour correction & Grading, sound mixing, proper music Score, proper visual & Sound effects amongst others)
*Story (Originality, deep story, proper plot, good directing, and jaw-dropping script etc)
*'African' - I want to know I'm watching an african movie not a Hollywood wannabe. I don't want to see 'sme sme' acting like American movies; I want to see all the dramas and shouting that's peculiar to nigerians, I want to see good portrayal of our culture. I want to see juju stuffs, but it should be done with a good plot and not those types ( you know them...lol)-the difference between 'koto Aye' and 'legend of the seeker' na 'PALCKANGING' lol. I want to see more juju-like films like figurine not koto ayee.

Other movies that I will like to watch:
*Tango with me (directed by Mohammed Ali-Balogun)
*Lions of 76 (directed by Izu Ojukwu)
*Dr Bello (directed by Tony Abulu)
*Awakening
*Hoodrush
etc

note: if you've not watched any of the movies I listed, don't bother to come and comment the popular anthem 'Nollywood is trash'. Just move along. Thanks smiley

Another thing! If you want to Stårt watching Nollywood, remember not to buy alaba hustler productions, go to å cinema wink

======> Also check Top 10 Nollywood Movies of 2013

10 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by homesteady(m): 1:58am On Dec 27, 2012
anybody dat says Nolllywood storyline is bad should go and write his/her own story......let us see weda it'll be better dan all dis latern books.
If u say d storyliine is bad,why did u choose letter-writing instead of story in WAEC english eassy?
If u say d image quality is bad....abeg go buy 3D camera 4 dem.
If u say deir acting is fake....u sabi act pass dem?.
It just baffles me wen some idiats criticise Nollywood films...even wen d world recogonise dem...smh

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by enimcnite(m): 2:00am On Dec 27, 2012
2nd to comment at last I don't care wat d topic is about grin

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by kuzzieOtiz: 2:01am On Dec 27, 2012
eni mcnite: 2nd to comment at last I don't care wat d topic is about grin

You need serious flogging. grin

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by coolzeal(m): 2:01am On Dec 27, 2012
wow those movies are great, wish i can watch all but too bad they are not online. Nollywood. You're making us proud.
More grace to your elbow
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by methodman(m): 2:20am On Dec 27, 2012
I hardly watch Naija movies....BTW...One of d Top to C...M......T
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by shizzlin: 2:33am On Dec 27, 2012
Really?ok oh.I've watched figurine,inale nd mr&mrs.they were really a step up from the usual "nigerian film" kind. Buh for me,honestly, they were just there. watched them just once and I don't see me watching them again which is very unlike me. Also can't wait to see tango with me tho and phone swap.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by slimyem: 2:52am On Dec 27, 2012
Of the ten,i've seen "Maami" and "Figurine" and they stand out from the regular.
Nollywood is improving...
They'll get there someday!smiley
..figurine is old btw...

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by EzePromoe: 3:05am On Dec 27, 2012
1. Aki na Pawpaw
2. Osuofia
3. Zebudiah
4. Living in bondage
5. Mr. Ibu
6. Isakaba
7. Ukwa
8. Last burial
9. Narrow escape
10. Lion of Africa

Do I look outdated undecided

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Nuezha(m): 3:07am On Dec 27, 2012
I'm not a fan! Sorry.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by huninaija(f): 3:07am On Dec 27, 2012
Nigeria's move industry has really improved, i'm more than impressed.. I haven't been able to watch all the film's listed by the OP but my favorite film remains "The Seed" with Stella damascus forgot the name of the leading actor..

Favorite actress is Patience Okonkwo, love that woman die grin
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by POLICECAP: 3:18am On Dec 27, 2012
I now hate nairaland bt since d thread is jst starting n I am d 8th to coment...leme jst drop smtin.

I watch nollywood movies based on quality of production, storyline, vitual effects. Haven watched sm of these listed movies, I no fit near any yeye shop say I wan buy or rent film. The real films aint in d market yet
tongue

Other films dt mk sense are-
The child
Sindy's note
White waters

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by ayando(m): 3:23am On Dec 27, 2012
i have watched just a few n i was impressed
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by POLICECAP: 3:37am On Dec 27, 2012
homesteady: anybody dat says Nolllywood storyline is bad should go and write his/her own story......let us see weda it'll be better dan all dis latern books.
If u say d storyliine is bad,why did u choose letter-writing instead of story in WAEC english eassy?
If u say d image quality is bad....abeg go buy 3D camera 4 dem.
If u say deir acting is fake....u sabi act pass dem?.
It just baffles me wen some idiats criticise Nollywood films...even wen d world recogonise dem...smh

Another smoke addict! undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by caesaraba(m): 3:43am On Dec 27, 2012
Okay! I confess! I'm impressed by the caliber of Actors/Actresses I see on these (above listed) movies. Definitely gonna get copies of these.

Joke Silva, Hakeem, Jide Kossoko..........
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by POLICECAP: 3:45am On Dec 27, 2012
Eze Promoe: 1. Aki na Pawpaw
2. Osuofia
3. Zebudiah
4. Living in bondage
5. Mr. Ibu
6. Isakaba
7. Ukwa
8. Last burial
9. Narrow escape
10. Lion of Africa

Talk is not cheap..whn u bcom sensible, u'll undastand.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by hackbros(m): 3:53am On Dec 27, 2012
Araromire is the best nigeria movie ever!!!

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by DollyParton1(f): 4:16am On Dec 27, 2012
POLICE CAP: I now hate nairaland bt since d thread is jst starting n I am d 8th to coment...leme jst drop smtin.
Other films dt mk sense are-
The child
Sindy's note
White waters

i havent seen the child tho, But cindy's note and white waters are one of the best nollywood has produced so far.
Talk about movies that teaches lessons.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Jayloy: 4:25am On Dec 27, 2012
See wetin Seun don cause now, some people no dey sleep again because of nairaland. Saw a new topic on frontpage as early as past 4am thinking i will be the first to comment only to be a late comer. A beg make una dey sleep ooo, seun dey snore as I dey talk now. If na lie make he reply. Lol

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by phecs: 5:00am On Dec 27, 2012
Whr can I get all dis films in johannesburg plsss!I wl pay anytin to get them!buh thy dnt show such in africamagic!jus asking plss
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by toprealman: 5:00am On Dec 27, 2012
Didn't watch any so can't rate.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by sushieater: 5:43am On Dec 27, 2012
ULUU IV..It's the movie about Aluu 4
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by FinokZ: 6:32am On Dec 27, 2012
kuzzieOtiz:

You need serious flogging. grin
yes oh
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by inertiia(f): 6:32am On Dec 27, 2012
PLEASE WHICH NIGERIAN IS RECENTLY GIVEN AN AUSTRALIAN STUDENT'S VISA...I NEED GUIDANCE PLEASE
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 27, 2012
hackbros: Araromire is the best nigeria movie ever!!!
What of 'Madam Dearest'

In fact any film from Tunde Kelani.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Frostyzone(m): 6:55am On Dec 27, 2012
The last Nigerian movie I watched was Living in Bondage back when I was in pre-school.
After that movie, watching Nigerian movies lost their appeal when I discovered the beauty of Hollywood Productions.
IMO, Nollywood sucks. Virtually no graphic/virtual effects in their cheap productions.
What the fans want is less talk and more action, not the other way round...just saying.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Chokolee(m): 6:56am On Dec 27, 2012
I dont think i have watched up to ten Nollywood movies this year!
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by olybob: 6:57am On Dec 27, 2012
Eze Promoe: 1. Aki na Pawpaw
2. Osuofia
3. Zebudiah
4. Living in bondage
5. Mr. Ibu
6. Isakaba
7. Ukwa
8. Last burial
9. Narrow escape
10. Lion of Africa

guy u gt ham well all dis semi American movie me I no knw o. OUR OWN NA OUR OWN.
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Iaz93: 7:10am On Dec 27, 2012
eni mcnite: 2nd to comment at last I don't care wat d topic is about grin
oh Lawd!
Re: Top 10 Best Nollywood Movies You Watched 2012 by Uniquexty(f): 7:11am On Dec 27, 2012
SITANDA makes sense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Ten Reality Tv Shows In Nigeria / BBNaija - Alex Cries As Leo Gets Evicted From The House / #BBNaija: Khloe To Alex “I Will Beat You To Death”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.